6/6/6/6 or 9/3/9/3 light schedule??? Or something similar?

• Thread starter gorillaglueaaron
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Not that I can back up with real facts but imo they are thriving so I never felt the need to switch back to 18/6. I was noticing big time droop after about 14 or 15 hours before which is gone with the 9/3 regimen

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Not that I can back up with real facts but imo they are thriving so I never felt the need to switch back to 18/6. I was noticing big time droop after about 14 or 15 hours before which is gone with the 9/3 regimen
What do you do for flower?

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
And no differences with that?
I feel like changing the amount of time in a day might stress it a bit.
I'm not sure what you mean? If you mean the autos they stay at 9/3 their whole run.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I'm not sure what you mean? If you mean the autos they stay at 9/3 their whole run.
You said you're running autos and vegging plants at 9/3, are there any problems when you switch the photoperiod on the vegging plants.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
You said you're running autos and vegging plants at 9/3, are there any problems when you switch the photoperiod on the vegging plants.
When I flip to 12/12? No, they flower. Cannabis "pays attention" to the dark not the light. I don't know if that makes any sense 🤔 lol

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
I posted a thread not too long ago about this with a time lapse vid of both etc. but not a lot of interest in discussing it around here. Too "fringe"? Idk. I'm always tinkering for the sake of experimenting and learning new things.

👍🌱

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I posted a thread not too long ago about this with a time lapse vid of both etc. but not a lot of interest in discussing it around here. Too "fringe"? Idk. I'm always tinkering for the sake of experimenting and learning new things.

👍🌱
Can you link it or tell me the name please?

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
Unless I was desperate to take advantage of lower electricity rates at certain hours I wouldn't be bothered, and even then I probably still wouldn't

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Can you link it or tell me the name please?
WARNING ...I make crappy time lapse vids LOL. Trying to do more but I've been shuffling plants around too much the last few weeks

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Unless I was desperate to take advantage of lower electricity rates at certain hours I wouldn't be bothered, and even then I probably still wouldn't
What if 18 hours of straight light was too much heat for the space and breaking it up help keep the temperature regulated would you do it then?

Mospeada

Mospeada

I'm running 8hrs off 16hrs on for veg in the first week. About to stretch that to 10/14 starting tonight. Going to flip two weeks in. I don't mess with flower either 12/12. 😂

Some plants grow faster at night than during the day.

Some plants grow faster at night because the photosynthesis process has stopped, allowing the plant to focus on respiration. However, the difference in rate of growth depends on the type of plant and in many plants there is no significant difference.

Mospeada

Mospeada

This was right on transplant a week ago. An animal got to it because I forgot to close the window at night.
IMG 20210506 183649

This is one was taken just now. I topped them three days ago. Couldn't really get the same perspective too big but if you look closely you can see the old chewed up leaves are still there 😂
IMG 20210514 215731

Last edited:
Mospeada

Mospeada

In the other room which is beginning of week 7 in flower. I Flipped them a week into veg and the growth a week in should have been expected but I was still surprised. These are the shortest plants I've grown in a very long time at three feet. The second layer of netting I hung up expecting them to hit at least four. The cycle after next I should be back into minimum month long veg cycles.
IMG 20210514 222312

Last edited:
Top Bottom