#6 Barney's Pineapple Chunk + Sweet Tooth + Morning Glory (organic soil)

• Thread starter John Smith Esq.
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

John Smith Esq.

Hey Farmers, i hope that you are all well and medicated on this fine day, i have been away for a while learning how to LST, it was love at first budsite, when the benefits of the technique became very apparent.

Anyway's welcome to my sixth ever grow of which i have decided to do a small selection of strains from Barney's farm, 2 of which you may be aware are previous cup winners and Pineapple Chunk is a fairly recent addition to their repertoire but seems like yet another fruity cheese cross (not like that's a bad thing)

so listed is the breeders info for the strains in question.

2x Pineapple Chunk Fem
TYPE..................Indica Dominant
GENETICS...........Pineapple X Skunk # 1 X Cheese
BUD TIME...........55 to 60 days
THC..................25%
CBD..................1.1
P chunk

2x Sweet Tooth Fem
TYPE................Indica dominant
GENETICS.........Afghani. Nepalese. Hawaiian
BUD TIME..........65 to 75 days (indoor)
THC.................22 %
CBD.................1.1 %
S tooth

2x Morning Glory Fem
TYPE...............Sativa dominant
GENETICS........Afghani. Hawaiian X Skunk
BUD TIME.........65 to 75 days (indoor)
THC................20 %
CBD................0.9 %
M glory

***not all pics came from Barney's farm cause there website is stupidly anal and doesn't let you copy pics!!!

For this grow i will be employing the method i have been using previously which is to grow in organic soil and also would like to implement a little LST later on, I use your typical Hobby-ist type of setup which I've listed below and then I promise I'll move on to the journal!

List of Equipment & Nutrients Used..(all nutrients/additives and soils listed are from Canna, except formulex)

Germ + First 3-4 Weeks of Veg;
300w CFL
Small Oscil. Office Fan
---feed---
Formulex Start (cheap low concentration plant food)
Cannazym
(will switch to adult food usually around 2nd week)
Bio Terra Soil

latter Veg + Flower;
400w HID using Magnetic Ballast
4" RVK inline Fan
Tall Oscil. tower fan
2 x Fan Controllers
3 x 30cmx90cm grow troughs
Semi Auto irrigation system with individual isolation valves for each trough/Strain
---feed---
Bio Vega and Flores for Veg and Bloom retrospectively
(i often find myself adding Veg feed during Bloom as an N Booster)
Cannazym
PK 13/14
Bio Boost
Bio Terra Soil

in Addition to this i do use a flushing agent which allows me to carry feeding longer and cut down to a 5 day flush.. i know i use Bio but i still like to flush to get rid of the non biological elements in the PK13/14 i use.

So without Further ado i'll pull my finger out....

DAY 0
All six seeds went into damp flexiplugs and then placed in grodan medium cubes under a black plastic container.

im misting the inside of the container periodically and am easily managing to keep the humidity in the high 80's and the temp hovering around 25c which is a might high than id like but so far so good (he says in the first few hours)

Day 2
Yay! we have the beginnings of what look like cress.. 5 of the 6 have a little white something poking up, see pics.
havent even watered them properly yet its that early on, still misting periodically but the plugs are in no danger of drying out any time soon so will continue as have been for now.
6 barneys pineapple chunk  sweet tooth  morning glory organic soil 4

6 barneys pineapple chunk  sweet tooth  morning glory organic soil 5

6 barneys pineapple chunk  sweet tooth  morning glory organic soil 6

to the side is my Blue Cheese mother thats just finished reveging, its a sexy strong pheno I will be hanging on to for a long while hopefully.

And as always any questions, comments or criticisms are welcome.

Peace.

J

John Smith Esq.

Day 2 (still....)

these beans are ravenous! we have all 6 white things poking up with some leaf to boot, the previous shots were taken about 3-4pm this afternoon, these most recent pics were taken @ 9:45pm tonight.

Day2again

Day2againa

:smiley_joint:

J

John Smith Esq.

Cheers buddy, how did you get on with that Agent Orange and Dairy Queen? (was it those two my memory aint so good)

V

VAPOUR

Cheers buddy, how did you get on with that Agent Orange and Dairy Queen? (was it those two my memory aint so good)
I've still got the AO n DQ goin bro, there gettin flushed right now so there be coming down in the next 2 weeks. I found 2 realy nice pheno's out the 5 DQ ladies and the 1 AO bean was a lady and the pheno i was after:happy. I'll try get some shots at harvest and do a smoke report once there all dried up.

Speak soon

Peace

J

John Smith Esq.

Need a little help please

I could do with a little input on this guys n gals, i think i done made a boo boo...

as you can see from the last pics they were doing well in those little organic cubes and a week after those shots when i saw the first leafs unfold i transplanted those organic cubes into Canna's Organic Soil right.. soon as they went in soil development slowed to a crawl and a day later i noticed some leaf development was deforming and slight yellowing on leaf tips.

So, either soils too much too soon or the PH is off is what i was thinking first, checked the PH and water goes in at 7.1 and comes out 6.1 which is a might high but well within tolerance right? which leaves too much food, according to all canna's gumf there organic soils provided materials that the plant can 'choose' to eat or not or so i understand it, and they say not to PH anything. anyway heres whats going on..
Day9p1

Day9p3

Day9p5

since they popped i've been misting a couple times a day keeping humidity between 60-80% and watering every other day about 10-30ml a time. The two days before these pics were taken however ive been flushing (hence why they look over watered) i did this cause if the soil is too strong or PH is off like i suspect then flushing would help right?

Anyone think it could just be shock?

Only other relevant info i can think of is they are about 12 days old, 9 days in the pics. Theve had nothing but straight day old tap water @ 7.1ph and they've had one dose of cannazym at less than half strength after the symptoms first appeared

now ive got the dilemma do i risk further damage by taking them out of the soil or leave em be and hope they pull through. if any one has any thoughts on any of this please feel free..

Peace

J

John Smith Esq.

Sup folks,

I think there gonna pull through, just one Pineapple Chunk I'm worried about but it's growing slowly so iv'e not lost hope yet. I could kick myself, I do this every time!! pretty sure it was from transplanting to soil too early. Mini Flushing the soil for a few days definitely helped.

Anyhow these shots are from Day 16 (last Tues), not really much going on yet so iv'e put up some 'fake cheese' that's @ about 7 1/2 weeks as well.

Day16p1

Day16p2

Day16p4

Day16p5

Day16p7

Day65p1

Day65pa

Peace

G

gudkarma

Esq. how are you posting your pics?

via the gallery?

regarding your plant/seedling development, one thing i rarely do in my secret garden is mist the plants directly.

imo, when under the humidity dome (and i use mine all the time), i find that seedlings and clones don't need direct misting.

and, if i was gonna mist, i would ph the water to match what's comming out the bottom of the pots.

too, i was reading some comments by sannie (sannie's seeds) where he says never to fret about an odd leaf or two if your overall plant health is good.

are those last pictures your current crop?

very pretty ladies you got working the streets in their heels and such.

obviously, you're a pot pimp.

stay fly.

J

John Smith Esq.

Easy Brutha,

i use the manage attachments button to put up pics, but i've got some sentimental oldies up in my gallery too

you gotta good point, its easy to over mist with a lid on, i like to keep the humidity around 80% when there little but it was only a week or so before they out grew that and my veg room usually hovers around 40% hum if i dont get invloved which is a little low so i tend to give em a few squirts to keep it up in the 60-70 range. on days i don't water ill spray them directly, never really questioned that tbh i just get abit para about them drying out on non water days - ill try not misting directly and see if it helps

Im glad you mentioned PH cause its been nagging at me for a while, My last grow i PH'd the water and i didnt get very good results, Its probably something i did wrong, but i got the PH to stay at just under 6 in the res and they just didnt seem to like it.

The last run off test i did was 7.1 going in and 6.1 coming out so if i went any lower id be in the 5's coming out which is prob abit too low and one of the reasons i went with this soil (cannas bio) is cause you dont have to mess with the PH (or so they say)
I am seeing some leaf deformaties but they are growing well now they have gotten over the shock of to high an EC so i looks like Sannies right on the money there, that does give reassurance.

yeah those extra shots are the current batch due to get hacked down in a little over a week, the've done alot better than i expected from bagseed - thanks for the kind words, you make my ladies blush

pot pimp...lol...more of a Bud Bandit as i hord all my stash for myself..[que:evil laugh..MuwHaHaHaHa]

Peace

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

I just love when I get a chance to pop some new gear.
Its very exciting to see what you find.
BG

N

nouvellechef

Hi. I dont get on THC much, but I just finished some BF, PC. Very good trich development, bright white pistils that go orange at week 8. Finished in 9 weeks. Decent yielder at best. Can handle stress extremely well also. Full organic whole cycle, ammended soil. GL finishing them up and nice job!

100 2401
100 2409
100 2405
J

John Smith Esq.

Sorry there's not been any updating going on here much but you know what its like in Veg - not much happens..

Any how guys n gals welcome to day 33.

Coming along nicely, had to repot today as the roots were getting too many for the little black pots there were in, i figure these terracotta bad boys should do for a week or so and then there going into troughs under a HPS anyway.

Still not started feeding yet, just giving Cannazym once a week, which they seem to be loving btw - check out how white those roots are..im quite impressed with it actually..
Day30pa

Day30p1

Morning Glory

Day30p2

Morning Glory - this one won the most amount of new growth comp for this week but its looks worn out bless it.... not quite sure whats going on at the top - too much water maybe?

Day30p3

Sweet Tooth

Day30p4

Sweet Tooth

Day30p5

Pineapple Chunk

Day30p6

Pineapple Chunk - The runt of the litter is still playing catch up, has a ways to go yet but its trying, and at least it doesnt look like the plant equivalent of quasimodo anymore!

Starting to see the first yellow on the leaves of the biggest plant so ill see how putting in bigger pots helps over the week end and maybe look to start introducing a tiny bit of feed every week starting next week, what do you lot rekon, too early to feed?

Be Safe,
Esquire.

J

jdaamakmp

since these beauties are already in dirt they are already being fed unless you flushed the soil. I started my pineapple chunk in nutes and have been feeding her ever since. I use a bubbleponics system.

F

FARMER BOI

hey nouvellechef how about those macros.
got some bf pc 2 weeks old cant wait a full grow and smoke report would be nice cheers buddy.

looking real nice there john mate cant wait to see those ladies show a bit of there sexy bud good luck mate pulling up a chair and spliff if ya dont mind:rauch08:
FARMER BOI.

B

BurningTree87

keep us posted john. Just popped 6 pineapple chunk seeds a couple weeks ago. will check back 2 see ur progress.

I

iceberg361

lookin good, i'm sure that pineapple chunk will catch up...it might even wind up being your favorite. the smallest one in my grow right now is my favorite.

Top Bottom