6 strains in the same hydro system :)

• Thread starter Cashmeh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lynch_Ironside

Lynch_Ironside

125 gallon holding tank!!!! You’re a mad man, I like your style dude. Looking good, definitely went all out on those return lines huh?! No need to worry about roots clogging those bad boys lol

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

125 gallon holding tank!!!! You’re a mad man, I like your style dude. Looking good, definitely went all out on those return lines huh?! No need to worry about roots clogging those bad boys lol
Yea got it from work for free. Figured I'd could make some use out of it. Gonna just slap a high flow pump down soon, for now I'll gravity feed the water out of it. But yea ro line to a float with a shut off valve. So incase I forget to shut it off, the float will plug it. I just fear the floats leak so I'll have a valve to shut it off too.

Might have to beef up the floor lol.. Over 225gallon of water in it at once. 125 to storage. 80 gallon flower room and 30 gallon veg room.

I aint gonna run out, and my swings will be minimum lol

20210904 194520
Lynch_Ironside

Lynch_Ironside

Looks like a 55 gallon there. My float leaks on my holding tank, pita but I have a drain a few feet away so I’m lucky there, no clean up lol

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Looks like a 55 gallon there. My float leaks on my holding tank, pita but I have a drain a few feet away so I’m lucky there, no clean up lol
Maby it is, lol I think it weights That much? See we add this shit at work. One system uses lbs, the other uses gallons.. And I smoke alot.

Just looked and I'll have to double check at work. See what the damn lable says. This ones gone

Mytwhyt

Mytwhyt

Wow, That is, That much.. My two grow buckets and reservoir together only amount to about 10-11 gallons.. Of course I do need to top off the reservoir every day when they're growing strong.. I do think you're gonna have a real job handling 6 different strains on 24" centers.. My post on the first page shows how completely different 2 strains , in the same system, can be.. I will be tagging along to keep track.. It looks to be bullet proof built..

KingKobi

KingKobi

5.6 ph 250ppm.

Sprouted July 29th. Minus bottom right, it sprouted a few days ago. When I say sprouted, that's when they were placed in the hydro system, usually 4 days from the time I start germination.

Quick update:

I added the mylar to the top and the ac unit next to the infeed. I lowered the fan so it's blowing directly on the tote. By doing this I eliminated all light leaks andddd my solution temp is 72.. Which is where I want to be.

My nutrient temp got up to 77 lol... Now it's down to 72.. So I'm ecstatic.

Did I mention I have never top fed lol? I have not had to add ph up or down in 24hrs either. It was at 5.6 last night.

I highly recommend using wayy to much water lol.. The more water you got, the less fluctuation. I will not check ppms or ph for 30hrs now.. I want to see if I really can set it.. And forget it.

I'm at 10k lux if anyone was curious.

I'm also using the transition mix with general hydroponics. I will switch them to the grow blend when the ph starts dropping. I only plan on doing one res change too lol.. 1.5 month veg.
Howdy. Can u gimme an idea of Indica/Sativa ratio in these pics. I am trying to understand traits as early as possible. With the 4 larger plants above top to bottom I am thinking indica dominant, indica dominant, sativa dominant, sativa dominant based on leaf width/length.Is this correct?
Fanks KK
5.6 ph 250ppm.

Sprouted July 29th. Minus bottom right, it sprouted a few days ago. When I say sprouted, that's when they were placed in the hydro system, usually 4 days from the time I start germination.

Quick update:

I added the mylar to the top and the ac unit next to the infeed. I lowered the fan so it's blowing directly on the tote. By doing this I eliminated all light leaks andddd my solution temp is 72.. Which is where I want to be.

My nutrient temp got up to 77 lol... Now it's down to 72.. So I'm ecstatic.

Did I mention I have never top fed lol? I have not had to add ph up or down in 24hrs either. It was at 5.6 last night.

I highly recommend using wayy to much water lol.. The more water you got, the less fluctuation. I will not check ppms or ph for 30hrs now.. I want to see if I really can set it.. And forget it.

I'm at 10k lux if anyone was curious.

I'm also using the transition mix with general hydroponics. I will switch them to the grow blend when the ph starts dropping. I only plan on doing one res change too lol.. 1.5 month veg.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Wow, That is, That much.. My two grow buckets and reservoir together only amount to about 10-11 gallons.. Of course I do need to top off the reservoir every day when they're growing strong.. I do think you're gonna have a real job handling 6 different strains on 24" centers.. My post on the first page shows how completely different 2 strains , in the same system, can be.. I will be tagging along to keep track.. It looks to be bullet proof built..
So I couldn't change the name of the thread. Only 5 strains, one of my starting seeds didn't pop. So bottom right plant is about 7 days behind.

I ordered them all on seedman. A few of them were freebies so I don't know much about them.

So my first comment here shows the names of all of them. Number 6 was replaced with gelot og, so I got 2 of them.

So I grew one plant that had 3oz and another that gave me 40g. Gelot og and king tut in the same system. Other than the plants towering over eachother it seems to to well.

When I transplant I will arrange them according to height. I can turn the light down on the one side for the tall ones and leave it up on the other for the short ones.

Honestly I don't think I'll ever grow more than the same strain. While it might be challenging, on this setup, it's gravy due to large res sizes.

My favorite part of my system is my rubber connectors. I can tear this entire system down easily to cleaning.

I'll post a video soon of the girls. I also replied to u both in this comment accidently. Thought u was the same person.. I'm not high enough I guess

dbrzz

dbrzz

Very nice. Hope to watch this progress and see some good stuff. I am on my first grow and running RDWC. Only running one strain since its my first. I have quite a few strains in my collection ready to be grown and sampled though.

Cheers
Running 6 different strain plants can be difficult for a first grow. The problem is the different strains have different needs in regard to nutrient strength usually. So its very easy to make a great nutrient mix only to find out its not optimum for all the plants just a few. Then you will need 6 grow logs to keep track of the feed schedules. Then without growing experience, you feed and have problems. Your doing all the right things and the plant is not growing well. Do you have strain specific feed problem? Did you overwater? These questions will not be answered without past grow experience, as you wont have a base line of strain knowledge.
Good luck with your grow.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Running 6 different strain plants can be difficult for a first grow. The problem is the different strains have different needs in regard to nutrient strength usually. So its very easy to make a great nutrient mix only to find out its not optimum for all the plants just a few. Then you will need 6 grow logs to keep track of the feed schedules. Then without growing experience, you feed and have problems. Your doing all the right things and the plant is not growing well. Do you have strain specific feed problem? Did you overwater? These questions will not be answered without past grow experience, as you wont have a base line of strain knowledge.
Good luck with your grow.
I will always underfeed. I don't see my ppms going above 500 this grow. As for their uptake, I'm sure it's all different yet I feel as long as i have enough nutrient availability, large res, lower ppms, well I'm hoping the roots adapt. So far so good, yet this is veg... I might run into some problems during flower. Expecially since my roots will be tangled and I'm cutting them with a razor.

I have alot of confidence in this for some reason too. It just seems like I'm the one controlling the plants, more like they do what I say. Well.. For now.. Here's a current video update.

I also have the light on pretty high. Alot of the upper leafs are getting slight light burn, but it's keeping the canopy low and I'm getting a nice thick lower branches. I'm hoping this will reduce the buds from falling over again, plus I gotta trellis. Anyways im trying to send as much juice down below as I can.

Now to go fix these 3 bulkheads that leaked. Fun fun

I also still don't understand the over watering or under watering for hydro lol. As for my thoughts in strain specific. I doubt alot of trials have been ran using a system like this. I'm sure it's going to effect some the plants differently yet I, would assume I will at most underfeed a plant. Since it's still growing in an active system, it will be growing faster than if grown in most other system, minus the grower with strain specific info. I'm not to worried about phenos or producing the best quality product. It's more less in and out fast and big with quality, and random strains, mostly hybrids. I want to bake some shit.

Im also curious as to if me defoliating the big ones slows them down because it looks like the other 2 are catching up. The middle back stays with no leafs... They just get massive and overshadow.

I guess my goal here is short and stocky when entering flower room.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Spent all damn day yesterday trying to stop these three bulkheads from leaking. I would fill with water, watch leaks, pump out.. Patch.. Refill and so on.. Let's just say I'm taking today off work and I'm using pvc glue now. I wanted them to be easily torn apart.. Yet I want to grow out of them first and fo most... It's only 3 lol..

Anyways waiting for them to let me go home.. And then I'll glue this shit and put my plants in it.

Lynch_Ironside

Lynch_Ironside

My last grow I had these 3 in a really small res for about a month or so. I was worried about root particles floating around in the res but didn’t seem to have any issues.
I’m you using enzymes? Just picked up some rid x going to start running that with the next water change.

3EB75AA0 431F 49E9 975D 215991448349
4921E00F 0B54 43DB 8060 FFEAD6AB392A
BA3C005E 8DE3 4317 BE61 72A2B0CA9F26
2281903A F61B 4BF6 9DA2 DE09E7A0E8B5
Cashmeh

Cashmeh

My last grow I had these 3 in a really small res for about a month or so. I was worried about root particles floating around in the res but didn’t seem to have any issues.
I’m you using enzymes? Just picked up some rid x going to start running that with the next water change.
Nope I don't use enzymes. I need to study up on them a bit more. Idk their exact purpose yet lol

I do know they are expensive and I tried using hydrogryme but yea.. To much money down the drain. Now that im not dumping nutrients, I might but I prolly won't lol.. To much other stuff going on, plus why fix something that's not broken. I like simple

Lynch_Ironside

Lynch_Ironside

Nope I don't use enzymes. I need to study up on them a bit more. Idk their exact purpose yet lol

I do know they are expensive and I tried using hydrogryme but yea.. To much money down the drain. Now that im not dumping nutrients, I might but I prolly won't lol.. To much other stuff going on, plus why fix something that's not broken. I like simple
To each is own but if you’re running live it’s highly recommended. I just got some rid x for enzymes, I was using hygrozyme but at almost 40 a bottle it adds up quick. The 1 lbs of rid x treats 8000 gallons I think.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

To each is own but if you’re running live it’s highly recommended. I just got some rid x for enzymes, I was using hygrozyme but at almost 40 a bottle it adds up quick. The 1 lbs of rid x treats 8000 gallons I think.
Oh im sure once I understand how it works, and what it actually does, I will have to. Yet atm im not a biologist and only had like 1 year of college. Due to the state of the world and my hydro passion, ive been diving into the biology tutorials, mainly bacteria and viruses lol. . Seems to help me in life and growing. I like being able to explain what it is im doing, and explaining it in a manner where everyone can understand. So if I add them, I will be able to explain why I did. Atm, I cant lol .. I watched an enzyme video 4 months ago and was like yeea okk. So now that I understand basic cellular functions I tried again the other day. Still couldnt comprehend it, yet they were talking about enzymes in the body. Idk, I know how amino acids are created, how proteins are formed, how the enzymes are formed like proteins, but I dont know how they are different from the initial creation or ending function. Now you got me wanting to understand it. . off to youtube lol. . yea im that guy

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Ppms 350, ph 5.7, 77f room, 50rh, water temp 73.5 due to turning up light.

They are all staying short and stocky due to my topping and upper defoliation. I really want to veg them for 2 full months due to the space they are being transplanted too. Regardless I'm done smoking and fucking off, time to waste more of my life pumping and sucking water from here to there.

Video is minutes old. The middle two pots have the leaky bulkheads. Un bolting and adding pvc primer and cement lol... Fun fun

Last edited:
Lynch_Ironside

Lynch_Ironside

Oh im sure once I understand how it works, and what it actually does, I will have to. Yet atm im not a biologist and only had like 1 year of college. Due to the state of the world and my hydro passion, ive been diving into the biology tutorials, mainly bacteria and viruses lol. . Seems to help me in life and growing. I like being able to explain what it is im doing, and explaining it in a manner where everyone can understand. So if I add them, I will be able to explain why I did. Atm, I cant lol .. I watched an enzyme video 4 months ago and was like yeea okk. So now that I understand basic cellular functions I tried again the other day. Still couldnt comprehend it, yet they were talking about enzymes in the body. Idk, I know how amino acids are created, how proteins are formed, how the enzymes are formed like proteins, but I dont know how they are different from the initial creation or ending function. Now you got me wanting to understand it. . off to youtube lol. . yea im that guy
I honestly haven’t dove too deeply into enzymes but the jist of it is they help to break down dead matter and in turn produce waste the plants can use. That’s my understanding anyway…. and with you planing on cutting those plant roots apart there is bound to be some left over dead material floating around in there after.

That YouTube rabbit hole will getcha lol fallen into that many times.
Plants are looking great!

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Canopy view. Bottom left is a little over a week behind the rest. I have been defoliating the bigger plants around it so light can get to it. I've also turned up my light as high as the tallest plants allow me. I'm slowly burning the tops but they are staying short and stout. I have topped all plants at least once while topping the larger plants multiple times. Anytime a Cola will shoot up past the rest, I top it. I'm keeping this canopy short and stocky.

Only defoliation and topping, no actually stress training.

What do you think? Not too bad of a canopy given they are different strains. And ones a week behind.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

This is now my third time attempting to patch the leaks on 3 buckets. First attempt I made all three worse. Second attempt I made all three near perfect. This was my third attempt.

I swear on my momma imma throw this whole fucking thing through the window and drop kick my 6 plant Fallponics while I'm at it. Building this shit has me wishing I wasn't.

Never drill more than one hole in the side of your buckets.. Never lol... Ever.... Fuck. So yea the pvc glue has been dying for 30 min now. I'm thinking another 30 before I leak check it. Says 2hr cure but that room is a little warm. It's drying near instantly, faster than I can screw it all together. Dumbest thing I've ever had to do lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom