6 strains in the same hydro system :)

• Thread starter Cashmeh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
stltoed

stltoed

Make that 5 strains. King tut failed germination. The one in the picture sprouting is another gelot. Og. It was my big hitter last time so other than the title of this thread, I'm not to butthurt

Ppm stable 220, ph stable 5.7, water Temps 76 and climbing as I turn up light.

That said looks like I'm mounting the water lines flush right now and slapping mylar on the top. Need to get those Temps down. I was at 5k lux now I'm 10k. So I assume the Temps are about to skyrocket.

Regardless, the plants are looking perfect and growing fast :)

Positive note, I have not topfed. Still wicking it up. I have done nothing but add. 25ml of ph down every 30hrs... It takes 30hrs for ph to climb from 5.7 to 6.0

Set it.. And forget it
Not the King Tut!? Haha. Sorry dude, I had to...

stltoed

stltoed

They tend to beef up after I top them. My problem right now is outlets :/. . Building a 4x8 and yea.. No fan outlets for it either lol.. No pump outlets.. I'm almost ready to buy some parts and give this room a good upgrade.

I also don't add silica.. Is it not in my general hydro blend? I've seen some talk on here about it but I dunno what it really is or does. Are there side effects lol...
We can go over Silica if you're interested

stltoed

stltoed

Ph stable at 5.6 for last 30hrs. Ppm is still at 250. It dropped down to 230 the last time I commented. Yet I mentioned adding lots of ph up. I forgot to tell ya the ph up increased my ppm back up to 250.

The plant closest to my inlet fan is a bit droopy. I'm blasting the tote right below it with 65 degree air, So it's safe to say she's cold... Yet she's growing.. So yolo..

Set it.. And forget it lol.. I'm so good at that.

No additives today or in last 30hrs... First res change is unknown.

All I know is these 6 have to fill a 4x8 lol.. Still plenty of time before the Super crop hydro transplant :/
They look great!

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

We can go over Silica if you're interested
Once I see this system can handle my normal nutrients, plus Massive I havnt gotten in the mail yet, and determine res changes and top off amounts. . if its all successfull, I might consider adding another ingredient, but atm, I legit have my hands so full. I find it wild how between the trio, calmag and massive theres none in it.

stltoed

stltoed

If your ph is normally low, why not add something beneficial like silica to bring it back up. Start off small I use about 30ml/5gallon and it brings mine up two points, from 5 to 7 (outdoor in soil) and I am using shitty potassium silicate. Power Si is good but expensive I am sure there are a few water soluble brands out there that will do the trick.
Not to throw stones, but...

Adding Silica to a res full of nutrient water is a no no. It should only be added first to a res. of RO water or similar. Silica will lock out other nutrients especially Calcium. You aren't gaining the benefits of Silica only locking out your existing nutrients. And since Power Si is an MSA based product it moves to the acidic, so you would be making the problem worse.

Buffering solutions are so cheap. Much cheaper than any Silica. It's better on every level if you use them for pH control

stltoed

stltoed

So it's not so easy now lol. The lower ph for days stunted plant growth. The top off and nutrient blend also stunted them. Plus I topped the hell out of them plus heavy defoliation.

I want light to reach the Lower spots easier.

I'm still able to keep them all low.

Ph is still slowly dropping. Regret not doing a full change. Live and learn. Ppm was at 400 and is dropping too. Around 390 now.
Looks killer Cash! Nice job! Now for the fun stuff

stltoed

stltoed

Once I see this system can handle my normal nutrients, plus Massive I havnt gotten in the mail yet, and determine res changes and top off amounts. . if its all successfull, I might consider adding another ingredient, but atm, I legit have my hands so full. I find it wild how between the trio, calmag and massive theres none in it.
Good thinking! Normally people hear of a good thing and add it without taking to account how much "room" they have for nutrients.

Silica is a wierd bird. It's naturally antagonistic to other elements and will attack them bringing them out of solution if not mixed properly... someone said it earlier, you need to add it first, always. Manufacturers would add it to their nutrients if they could. So, basically they don't add Silica to the mix for the same reason the trio comes in 3 bottles. It it was all in one bottle everything would get locked out and nothing would work.

When you want to try Silica and I recommend everyone does, let's talk.

stltoed

stltoed

You had rig looks great man. Should work well. I have a 2 gallon DWC that I was using to start plants. A week or 2 before placing them in my big RDWC. Really helps get that ball moving especially when it comes to getting the roots started.

I did it a little differently this season. My 2 gallon ended up with sour water so I started them in vermiculite instead. Kind of like hempy, but no perlite.

2 gallon DWC
20210710 105635

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Posting another pic of it because I'm ecstatic. Checked this morning too and they are not dying so that's a plus.

6 months ago I had never grown anything, in soil or water lol, nothing.. Let alone weed. I was a totally new grower.

I'm stoked to see where imma be at by Feb now

Seedsman fucked me with Ether refund, lost alot in mining fees, and no seeds coming. So looks like I'll be taking clones tonight.

Good think I kept them on 18/6 :)

20210914 180219
Mytwhyt

Mytwhyt

Should be well into your next grow by Feb. One or two of these plants could be cloned now.. Just to be a mother for future clones.. It really cuts turn around time between crops to run clones..

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Should be well into your next grow by Feb. One or two of these plants could be cloned now.. Just to be a mother for future clones.. It really cuts turn around time between crops to run clones..
So I actually didn't do the clones. I think all the plants are in shock from the transplant, and still adapting to their new home. Lights are at 18/6 still. And I'm still working on bringing the res temp up to 72. Started at 67, got it to 70 last night and no idea what it is now. Should be 72.

My plants roots were damaged by me purposely during transplant. I think the middle left took the blunt of that impact. I took off about two handfulls of droopy nodes off and leafs. Sucks but I have a feeling it will be just fine once it adapts.

Seedsman also gave me a 30% discount cause I said I would never look back. So I'll be getting more seeds too.

I just dont want the same stuff honestly. If it were me I'd never smoke the same strain.. Always different. Loop back around to the strains I got now in a few years lol..

If I ever make a mother, she will be for grafting onto, well practice.

Thats more for fast bulk for dealers. I don't need bulk of the same strains or even twice as much of all these. I'm in it for free smoke, edibles and the challenge mainly. Plus it's fun helping others. If I had 6 seeds that were different than what I had now, they would have been planted tomorrow with taproot. Yet I have all of these same seeds. I could have already grew them to clone size in about a week or 2. Anyways.. Here's the vid.

stltoed

stltoed

So I actually didn't do the clones. I think all the plants are in shock from the transplant, and still adapting to their new home. Lights are at 18/6 still. And I'm still working on bringing the res temp up to 72. Started at 67, got it to 70 last night and no idea what it is now. Should be 72.

My plants roots were damaged by me purposely during transplant. I think the middle left took the blunt of that impact. I took off about two handfulls of droopy nodes off and leafs. Sucks but I have a feeling it will be just fine once it adapts.

Seedsman also gave me a 30% discount cause I said I would never look back. So I'll be getting more seeds too.

I just dont want the same stuff honestly. If it were me I'd never smoke the same strain.. Always different. Loop back around to the strains I got now in a few years lol..

If I ever make a mother, she will be for grafting onto, well practice.

Thats more for fast bulk for dealers. I don't need bulk of the same strains or even twice as much of all these. I'm in it for free smoke, edibles and the challenge mainly. Plus it's fun helping others. If I had 6 seeds that were different than what I had now, they would have been planted tomorrow with taproot. Yet I have all of these same seeds. I could have already grew them to clone size in about a week or 2. Anyways.. Here's the vid.
I grew Strawberry Banana (DNA) for a year... I will never do that again. I like a change once and a while,

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

So I had issues with one, a bunch of the nodes on one side died off, prolly wind burn. Since turning down the fan the plant has bounced back. I also took off all the limp nodes.

As for the rest of them, just fucking wow. I feel like there's no way they should be this big right now lol.. Wild.

5 different strains.. . Look at my first post when I germinated. August 5th they still were bairly sprouted.

Id say the system and transplant method were a success. Not to shabby for having only 6 months experience and one grow under my belt.

This is why I'm glad I didn't study soil or coco to start with. Might not ever now, hell if I go aero I'm sure I can only have better performance... Sky's the limit

20210917 111416 HDR
20210917 111409 HDR
20210917 111420 HDR
20210917 111400 HDR
20210916 175618 HDR
20210917 112215
stltoed

stltoed

So I had issues with one, a bunch of the nodes on one side died off, prolly wind burn. Since turning down the fan the plant has bounced back. I also took off all the limp nodes.

As for the rest of them, just fucking wow. I feel like there's no way they should be this big right now lol.. Wild.

5 different strains.. . Look at my first post when I germinated. August 5th they still were bairly sprouted.

Id say the system and transplant method were a success. Not to shabby for having only 6 months experience and one grow under my belt.

This is why I'm glad I didn't study soil or coco to start with. Might not ever now, hell if I go aero I'm sure I can only have better performance... Sky's the limit
Looks pretty good man.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Welp let's see if it works. No big deal if I fail, yet if I succeed.. Thats a good skill to have.

As for my big system, it's working above expectations, I'll post updates on it soon. Flipping it to flower tonight.

20210917 190740 HDR
Top Bottom