6 strains in the same hydro system :)

• Thread starter Cashmeh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cashmeh

Cashmeh

I topped the three big ones. Assuming ph is 5.7 and ppm is 250. Havnt checked in a few days lol..

I'll check it tomorrow when I get off work.

If my hydro system was done I would be transplanting the three big ones and starting three more lol.. But.. Just have too much on my plate atm.

For now, we top and keep them vegging. I'm pretty much just testing my nutrient mix now. Seeing how long I can go without making a new batch...

No signs of defects and no signs of slow growth. They a booming that's for sure.

20210822 194721 HDR
20210822 194733 HDR
20210822 194603 HDR
20210822 194616 HDR
20210822 194619 HDR
20210822 194625 HDR
20210822 194706 HDR
20210822 194710 HDR
20210822 194733 HDR
Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Still no res change and Ppms are down to 200 now I'm seeing booming growth still.. Perhaps not as fast, but hell this is still a trial and error thing. To me they look massive for being seeds 26 days ago lol..

I'm going to build my hydro system tomorrow or Thursday for sure. That's when I'll transplant and start 6 more.. Or have leaks and have to wait another week. I work 12s Fri Sat sun.. Just got off too.. And we going on the boat tomorrow.. Fml.. They are getting to big. I'm only defoliating huge fan leafs that hang over the smaller plants. Anyways.. Ph stable at 5.6 no additives for a week now lol.. No enzymes either.. Shits wild for real.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Yes I know.. I'm an idiot for using toilet parts... And drilling an extra 6 holes in my buckets for screws that need sealed. I am confident it won't leak lol, but the amount of work and cost for extra small gaskets is fucking dumb... Plus silicone...

I spent the same as if I had bought 3 inch screw metal bulkheads at 15 a peice.. But no I spent 14 a peice but added an extra hour of work per bucket build..

Smack me please.. That said there is. Directly 2 feet from center lid to center lid... So I think it worked perfect... . But now I gotta put a drain under this grow room just incase. Fml.. I'll end up pulling carpet one day too. This room is dedicated grow for the next 40 years.

20210826 113906 HDR
skinnypuppy

skinnypuppy

If your ph is normally low, why not add something beneficial like silica to bring it back up. Start off small I use about 30ml/5gallon and it brings mine up two points, from 5 to 7 (outdoor in soil) and I am using shitty potassium silicate. Power Si is good but expensive I am sure there are a few water soluble brands out there that will do the trick.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

If your ph is normally low, why not add something beneficial like silica to bring it back up. Start off small I use about 30ml/5gallon and it brings mine up two points, from 5 to 7 (outdoor in soil) and I am using shitty potassium silicate. Power Si is good but expensive I am sure there are a few water soluble brands out there that will do the trick.
So instead of buffering with ph up/down use silica?

If I don't adjust ph, after mixing I'm at around 6.0. I lower it to 5.6 with ph down. Then I add a huge ph up and down buffer to prevent ph swings through the grow. So once I get it to 5.6 I add around 3ml of ph up and 1 ml ph down to bring it back down to 5.6.

I don't know what silica does yet. Once I'm done with my builds and content, I'll start working on adding more stuff to the pot for better growth.

skinnypuppy

skinnypuppy

So instead of buffering with ph up/down use silica?

If I don't adjust ph, after mixing I'm at around 6.0. I lower it to 5.6 with ph down. Then I add a huge ph up and down buffer to prevent ph swings through the grow. So once I get it to 5.6 I add around 3ml of ph up and 1 ml ph down to bring it back down to 5.6.

I don't know what silica does yet. Once I'm done with my builds and content, I'll start working on adding more stuff to the pot for better growth.
Silica will raise the ph earlier in this thread you posted you were having problems keeping it up.... no pun intended

freezeland2

freezeland2

I had great luck on my first hydro grow so I'm attempting something even more challenging.

I have started 6 seeds listed in the pictures. I have created a small 6 plant Fallponics system and will have it in a 2x4 veg room.

When I get my 4x8 flower room finished I will then transplant them into it. Should be a similar fall phonics system, in a round about way lol..

I have also added airstones and filled it with RO water. Just waiting on my sprouts :)

My 4x8 isn't done yet lol, so these will veg until it is :/
My very first hydro years ago was in an 18 pot ebb & flow. Had a different strain in every pot. Most turned out well. Notice how I said most, lol.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

2 more to build, then I slap one on the res.. And plumb It all together.... And fill it.. Yolo.. If it leaks.. I'm tearing out the floor and putting a drain in lol.. It won't leak much if it does. I honestly don't see how it could leak with all the rubber and liquid gasket I put on it lol..

Let's just say this will be torn down one day.. But I have a feeling it's going to boom for at least 6 months.

20210826 135956 HDR
Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Lol I won't be finishing it tonight. I'm have to prime and cement all the pvc together, plus add my rubber disconnects for easy teardown... Yea.. And I work 12hr shifts the next three days. Seems like I'll have to finish next week... Lol..

Did I mention today is week 4 from when I placed tap rooted seeds in rockwool and inside hydro system... So yea this batch of nutrients was made a month ago lol. 27 gallons at 225ppm, alkaline buffered to 250ppm, and now.. It's down to 200ppm lol.. And growing strong.

Heres the girls that are awaking their new home lol..

20210826 153222
20210826 180100 HDR
20210826 180107 HDR
20210826 180258 HDR
20210826 180132 HDR
20210823 171121
Cashmeh

Cashmeh

This batch of hydro solution is 30 days old. I still have no plans on changing it. For testing purposes I will wait until I see a sign of deffeciency or stunted growth.

Right now, I can see massive fan Leaf growth on all plants daily. I have not had to ad ph up or down to my res in over a week, or whenever I last said I did on here.

Ppms are 190, ph is still at 5.7, water Temps 73.

Roughly 27 gallons were made. No enzymes and only 60ml of hydroguard was added at start. No signs of root rot the entire grow.

Shits gravy and honestly, I'm pretty sure it's going to be this easy in my flower room too.

Some like tending to flowers, I like building other cool shit instead.

For the record I had never studied growing until this last February lol.. I'm only 6 months in, and neve grown anything else, or used soil.

Oh I also pulled off any fan leaf from a larger plant that would shadow the smaller ones.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

This batch of hydro solution is 30 days old. I still have no plans on changing it. For testing purposes I will wait until I see a sign of deffeciency or stunted growth.

Right now, I can see massive fan Leaf growth on all plants daily. I have not had to ad ph up or down to my res in over a week, or whenever I last said I did on here.

Ppms are 190, ph is still at 5.7, water Temps 73.

Roughly 27 gallons were made. No enzymes and only 60ml of hydroguard was added at start. No signs of root rot the entire grow.

Shits gravy and honestly, I'm pretty sure it's going to be this easy in my flower room too.

Some like tending to flowers, I like building other cool shit instead.

For the record I had never studied growing until this last February lol.. I'm only 6 months in, and neve grown anything else, or used soil.

Oh I also pulled off any fan leaf from a larger plant that would shadow the smaller ones.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

I thought this video posted on my comment above.. Gotta love slow internet.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

I hadnt opened the tent for 24hrs and I havnt checked the PH for 3 days. I should have, but im just trying to push some limits obviously.

The good news - Plant is perfect up top and below. Shes about to go through one hell of a veg growth too. Probably another 3 weeks. Im trying to fill a 4x8 with 6 plants lol. . i mean fill.

The bad - Ph dropped down to 5.4 over the last 3 days. I open the tent every 24hrs, but I dont actually check the ppm or ph but every 3 or 4 days. It has been 32 days since I made this 27 gallons of nutrients. Specs are above. I also see stunted growth, yet no visual damage. Had this been soil, no one would notice the slowed growth. But I did, which is why I checked the PPMs and PH this morning. Was like hmmm, these look the same as last night lol. . So yea ppms are down to 114ppm.

What did I do, well I stuck my RO line in there and added about 4 gallons of water. I then added 23mil calmag, 30 ml micro, 45 ml grow, 15ml bloom, and 23 ml of hydroguard. Water level went from the about 1/2in below netpots to about half submerged. PPMs on the VEG blend are now 400. I started them a little high, because they will drop eventually.

Ill post pictures tonight when i clean my filter. I broke some roots mixing it :( They still pretty though. Im trying not to tint them, I will underfeed the majority of this grow.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

So it's not so easy now lol. The lower ph for days stunted plant growth. The top off and nutrient blend also stunted them. Plus I topped the hell out of them plus heavy defoliation.

I want light to reach the Lower spots easier.

I'm still able to keep them all low.

Ph is still slowly dropping. Regret not doing a full change. Live and learn. Ppm was at 400 and is dropping too. Around 390 now.

20210831 165853
20210831 165913
20210831 170334
20210831 170246 HDR
20210831 170253 HDR
Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Remember I was testing how long I could go without a res change or top off. I went 35 days before top off, and I have been having major drop in ph. It's the colony of hydroguard or I simply have some nutrient lockout. I know they were stunted and didn't double in size daily as usual. I would say due to letting them run out of feed, I missed out on about 2 days of good hydro growth. They are back on track now, yet the amount of ph up I've had to add is worrying me. I was honestly going to try and use the same solution for two months lol.. By topping off.

This time I will dump it all tomorrow and make fresh veg blend. I assume since they are bigger now they will go through this 27 gallon faster than usual.

So as for my next batch, I will veg them on transition blend for 30 days, do full res change, and put them on veg blend for 30 days. Then transplant after 2 month flower rotation.. I veg until the flower room is harvested and cleaned.. Hoping 2 months. I won't complain if it's 3 lol..

Atm I'm waiting till I finish my hydro system. All environmental conditions and lighting controls are in my flower room. Just finishing up my hydro system. Then I have to add a real access door and seal it up.. Fun fun hope to be done by Monday, yet it could be another month lol.. I'll fill the hell out of this 2*4 with stalks if I have to. Supercropping to the rescue

As for now.. They still look stunted.. Not alot of growth over the last 4 days. I mean they are looking perfect, but I notice... And that's all that matters at this point.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Finished up their new home. Waiting on paint and pvc glue to dry. I will fill it with water for the leak test tomorrow.

I still need to run airline's and the Fallponics plumbing. Then build another door.

20210903 204738
M0nStarNuggety

M0nStarNuggety

Supporter
You mentioned topping them and defoliation, after this it will take the plant a few days to recover and begin shifting it's growth.
Everything looks on point, roots, structure, color. I'm sure once they get their new homes growth will boom. Very nice set up, I'll be following along

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Currently cleaning my new ro holding tank (125gal)

Currently filling system with RO. Half full with no leaks thus far.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

This is a good recommendation. Thats how I do it, add silica first, then nutrients, then if necessary, ph down.
So now that they have feed and are feeding properly, the ph is slowly rising. Batch is going on 40 days strong now. Next time ill add some nutrients prior to the 30 day mark. Its good to know that I can hit 30 days without adding nutrients though lol. 35 days, bit to long. .

I guess because they ran out of feed, it couldnt counter the ph drop the bb causes? When plants feed normally in hydro, the ph slowly rises correct? When they are done feeding, the ph slowly drops? Or is that when they are running out of feed?

Also I have 3 out of my 7 bulkheads with the worlds smallest leak. I am gonna clean the system with this water, dump it, patch the bulkheads and replace, and try again lol. Gotta go get some bigger washers and normal silicone. I regret using these bulkheads, but it does look good lol. They will work when im done, just a learning process. I will never again drill 6 small bolt holes in the side of the tote, just to tighten down the large 3 inch hole i drilled. So now even if i got normal bulkheads, i still have those small holes i drilled to patch, that is if I changed bulkheads. . .

I will just take the bolts out, fill the entire hole with silicone, and tighten them back up. Unless, as I suspect, my larger metal washers wont bend like these. I cant even tighten this shit down all the way,. . yet. Off to lowes after I eat

Latest posts

Top Bottom