6 strains in the same hydro system :)

• Thread starter Cashmeh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cashmeh

Cashmeh

5/6 clones look good

As for my my 4x8, well I added "Massive" natural pgr, and flipped it to 12/12...

Lots of damage from light burn and transplant. Overall its taking them a bit to adapt, they don't like it, and I don't see double growth daily.

This could be because I switched from a grow blend to a flower blend in the trio formula. This is solution is more for heavy budding instead of veg growth.

All plants are growing new leafs fast, roots look white and new root growth looks amazing. I think I'm just waiting on new root growth due to me cutting the old roots and them adapting to a different environment??

Anyways.. Still very hands off.. Ph stays stable at 5.7.. Ppms climbed from 300 to 320 and we're back down to 300 today. Since then I've added 600ml of "massive" which was half their recommendation lol.. My system holds 80 gallons. We will see how much it increased my ppms lol.. Letting it mix now.

20210918 151503 HDR
20210918 151049
stltoed

stltoed

5/6 clones look good

As for my my 4x8, well I added "Massive" natural pgr, and flipped it to 12/12...

Lots of damage from light burn and transplant. Overall its taking them a bit to adapt, they don't like it, and I don't see double growth daily.

This could be because I switched from a grow blend to a flower blend in the trio formula. This is solution is more for heavy budding instead of veg growth.

All plants are growing new leafs fast, roots look white and new root growth looks amazing. I think I'm just waiting on new root growth due to me cutting the old roots and them adapting to a different environment??

Anyways.. Still very hands off.. Ph stays stable at 5.7.. Ppms climbed from 300 to 320 and we're back down to 300 today. Since then I've added 600ml of "massive" which was half their recommendation lol.. My system holds 80 gallons. We will see how much it increased my ppms lol.. Letting it mix now.
What is "Massive"? Take a lot for a dose

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Its an additive that you place on top of your base nutrients. It recommends 19ml per gal lol.. I did not even half that. 80 gallon capacity too lol.. I think it wanted me to put in like 1400, I did 620. About to go test my ppms. They were at 300 with my 3 day old fresh trio, hydrogryme, and hydroguard.

It contains Triacontanol which is a natural pgr found in kelp or seaweed.
Ppms with massive are now 600. I will keep a close eye them and monitor plant uptake closely and dilute if necessary.

Last edited:
stltoed

stltoed

Its an additive that you place on top of your base nutrients. It recommends 19ml per gal lol.. I did not even half that. 80 gallon capacity too lol.. I think it wanted me to put in like 1400, I did 620. About to go test my ppms. They were at 300 with my 3 day old fresh trio, hydrogryme, and hydroguard.

It contains Triacontanol which is a natural pgr found in kelp or seaweed.
Ppms with massive are now 600. I will keep a close eye them and monitor plant uptake closely and dilute if necessary.
Cool.

Lynch_Ironside

Lynch_Ironside

Wow man looking good! Good thinking on the enzymes 👍 if it were me I’d be running those enzymes at their max recommended dosage, don’t quote me but I think it was 7.5 ml a gal.
I switched to bio clean from hygrozyme, it’s way cheaper.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Wow man looking good! Good thinking on the enzymes 👍 if it were me I’d be running those enzymes at their max recommended dosage, don’t quote me but I think it was 7.5 ml a gal.
I switched to bio clean from hygrozyme, it’s way cheaper.
The amount of shit ive had to put into this res is insane, 80 gallons. I was scared to even put half of it in if were being honest. Then on top of that I had to add over 600ml, over half the bottle of one thing I just got. I dont wanna have to dump this res. Guaranteed it has around 20 dollars worth of nutrients in it. That hydrozyme is so expensive too. I prolly should your right, but now that i just got my ppms dialed in, i really dont wanna. Pretty sure I added to much hydroguard too. My ph stays dropping, they having a hay day on my old dead roots . .still. . .

Im about to build a contraption to set inside my tote so the roots cant wind together, I stunted the growth way to much, i think, i really dont know, they are massive for being 40 days from sprout.

Im torn because if this goes well, i wont change nothing, but if it goes bad, i wont know what to change if I keep adding.

Im actually filling out forms to be the caregiver for someone else. This will allow me to double my plant limit :) Which would be exactly what I need lol

Ill put some pictures up by the end of the day. The clones look wild now, wouldnt even know they were clones, pretty sure they could go into my hydro system right now and explode. . but. . but. . im content atm letting them root.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Ppm slowly dropping, around 600 now. Ph slowly dropping, brought it up from 5.5 to 5.7. This is due to not cleaning all the dead roots out after transplant. Normally the ph drop would be small that it only counters the ph rise from plant uptake. In my experience when I have floating dead root mass, my bacteria lowers the ph faster than had there been no dead roots in the system.

Lynch_Ironside

Lynch_Ironside

Ppm slowly dropping, around 600 now. Ph slowly dropping, brought it up from 5.5 to 5.7. This is due to not cleaning all the dead roots out after transplant. Normally the ph drop would be small that it only counters the ph rise from plant uptake. In my experience when I have floating dead root mass, my bacteria lowers the ph faster than had there been no dead roots in the system.
Yeah that hygrozyme is really expensive, especially when you have a problem and believe me I know all too well lol
Bio clean is like 50 a pound, Amazon, treats like 8000 gallons or for you 100 res changes lmao! I bought 3 bottles of hygrozyme when dealing with the slime and rot issues that cost me 120 plus driving 45 min in each direction two separate occasions. So yeah, I’m promoting bio clean now 🤣 also came highly recommended from @BillFarthing

as for the ph sounds like it makes sense 👍
Yeah I had to dump mine a few times when dealing with dead matter floating around in there. I wonder if you could use one of those paint strainer mesh bag to help filter out/ catch some of it, like put the pump inside it and see if your catching anything idk just a thought. Can you access the rear plants ?

good luck on the care giver application!👍

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Yeah that hygrozyme is really expensive, especially when you have a problem and believe me I know all too well lol
Bio clean is like 50 a pound, Amazon, treats like 8000 gallons or for you 100 res changes lmao! I bought 3 bottles of hygrozyme when dealing with the slime and rot issues that cost me 120 plus driving 45 min in each direction two separate occasions. So yeah, I’m promoting bio clean now 🤣 also came highly recommended from @BillFarthing

as for the ph sounds like it makes sense 👍
Yeah I had to dump mine a few times when dealing with dead matter floating around in there. I wonder if you could use one of those paint strainer mesh bag to help filter out/ catch some of it, like put the pump inside it and see if your catching anything idk just a thought. Can you access the rear plants ?

good luck on the care giver application!👍
So I think I'll hang mesh bags under the pots inside the res for my veg system. I cannot be cutting roots. Not only did it stunt the plants heavily, but it's causing the ph to drop and just overall was a bad idea. Live and learn... It's fun because my next ones I put in there will be even bigger.

I just added a aquarium heater. My water Temps were at like 65f during the night, then it took all day to heat back up to 70. Hopefully this helps...

I'm sticking with hydroguard for now lol.. My last batch lasted 45 days. But I don't think this one is going to last near as long.

Thanks for the mesh bag idea. I'm sure the roots won't tangle that way and can still get the water movement.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Ppm 580. Ph 5.7 res Temps 70 day 67 night.. I want 72 day and night. I installed a heater in my res so I think that's what's helping the most.

They are stretching and I keep tucking!

II'll add a second trellis once there are some decent buds.

So far so good.

Lynch_Ironside

Lynch_Ironside

So I think I'll hang mesh bags under the pots inside the res for my veg system. I cannot be cutting roots. Not only did it stunt the plants heavily, but it's causing the ph to drop and just overall was a bad idea. Live and learn... It's fun because my next ones I put in there will be even bigger.

I just added a aquarium heater. My water Temps were at like 65f during the night, then it took all day to heat back up to 70. Hopefully this helps...

I'm sticking with hydroguard for now lol.. My last batch lasted 45 days. But I don't think this one is going to last near as long.

Thanks for the mesh bag idea. I'm sure the roots won't tangle that way and can still get the water movement.
Not too sure how effective those bags will be at stopping the roots, but definitely interested to see you try it!
Growing some gsc right now! They look frosty as fuck! Can’t wait to try it!

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Took the scrog off to take a peek at the roots for everyone. You can also see how I did the Fallponics part. Pretty simple, all plumbing was ran inline.

Safe to say you can cut the hell out of them and all will be fine. I am sure I lost a few days worth of hydro growth but overall I'm still further than had I chose a different method I feel.

Currently designing a better netpot basket that will help contain the roots, yet still be able to pull right out for transplants.

Ppm 550 which is slowly dropping. No top offs, no added nutrients in over a week.

Due to cutting roots I've had to add quite a bit of ph up. Other than that smooth sailing.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Seen a few pistols so I defoliated and placed one node per netting square.

Its not perfect but it's pretty close.

I will be placing my clones in my veg hydro system in the next few days. I work 4-12hr shifts in a row so I won't be able to do much.

20210923 170202 HDR
20210923 170213
Cashmeh

Cashmeh

I will never post a video over 59 seconds incase people like pictures. You can pause and skim if you like. I am just not a picture guy. I like to show it all on vids.

My ladies handled the heavy defoliation and are bouncing right back. Perhaps I should of perhaps not, all that matters is I did, and we get to see the results.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

I swear the growth doubles on them daily now. That canopy is better than I imagined being they are different strains.

I'm prolly not gonna use these clones. They rooted fine, but I don't want to grow the same shit. I think I'm going to try and graft them together or something dumb lol.. I'm just not feeding them properly and they should have been in my hydro system day 1. Pretty sure it can root clippings with small domes over the top of them. Anyway I got something else in store for them. Gimme a few weeks and I will have 6 new ones in veg, still be ready for transplant when this grow is done... No fear.. I will still have 6 new strains to try after this, just not spilling all the beans right now.

Increased both hids from 600w to 750. Lux at canopy was 20k average now it's 30k average... Too much dark green anyways.. Push baby pushhh.

Also ordered two 6 inch carbon filters to put on the ends of my light shown at the end of the 1 minute video.

I will make them fit lol.. Gonna be interesting. Guess it's time to make a crawl hole at the other end of the room :( will also install another identical trellis about half way up to hold the buds as they start to fall. Just waiting it out so as to not block the light with trellis.

20210925 184143
20210925 184411
Screenshot 20210925 184610
Screenshot 20210925 184654
Cashmeh

Cashmeh

First picture was yesterday next picture today. Not bad for 24hrs of growth and given I took 95% of leafs off lol..

I forgot when I started these clones, but they rooted.. Only for me to throw them away lol.. Was fun practice.
Screenshot 20210926 171256
20210926 170946 HDR
20210926 171005 HDR
20210926 170925 HDR

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

When will you flower?
Perpetual system. I have a flower room and a veg room. My clones will be thrown away. I will be starting 6 new seeds in a few weeks. From now on my big hydro room will be on 12/12, and my veg tent the clones are in will always be 18/6. So these wont ever go to flower, they will actually get thrown away. This was more for just pratice, now I know how easy it is to clone using hydro. But the plant/s in the picture is showing pistols, so its flowering already.

I would plant them now but im working out mentally how to stop my roots from tangling together and require cutting. Every option i can think of, like placing plastic weaving inside the tote, sounds good, yet ill still have to cut them out of it since it wont work for transplant. Only think I can think of is to fill my entire tote with hydroton, but its expensive. Ive never had a problem reusing it either. . but it will take away from my total water capacity, which is my favorite part. Perhaps I should add a res, and fill the tote with hydroton, then add water. I dont see how the roots could tangle then. A partition would work, but then i would need a waterfall for each section. . uhh. . not easy. .ill get there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom