60 plants. G13+Hash plant. 1600w Aeroflo60 grow

• Thread starter weedgirl
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ttystikk

ttystikk

Thanks nuttso, I will. And thanks for the advice.

What's the reason for not adding water with nuets, and only clean water, when topping up the reservoir?

The reasoning is that you've just fed the plants all the nutrients they'll need, in the proper strength and proportion, when you set up this batch. If you continually add nutrients, what will happen is that the nutrient strength will likely keep climbing (ec up), resulting in burning plants and so on. The idea he's recommending is to feed the right strength of nutrient to your plants, and then as they need water, just add that- and nothing else. After a week, when your plants have utilized this batch of nutrient, drain the water and add fresh.

Your EC meter can't tell you which nutes the plants are actually taking up- only how much of the total is still dissolved in their water. Chances are 99% that the plants are taking up more of some nutrients than others, so rather than guess at which ones those might be, just drain everything after a week or so and start fresh, so that they have access to everything they need.

Another good reason to drain and replace weekly is to reduce the potential for root rot diseases. The longer the same batch of water sits there, the more chance it will begin to harbor pathogens. Replacing your water regularly is a great way to help reduce this chance.

W

weedgirl

That makes perfect sense. Thank you.

Motivation is everything, so understanding why to do something is sort of important. Thank you very much.

ttystikk

ttystikk

That makes perfect sense. Thank you.

Motivation is everything, so understanding why to do something is sort of important. Thank you very much.

You're very welcome.

I find that better understanding why things happen leads to an ability to diagnose issues as they come up, and to have tools to deal with those issues based on your knowlege. This works much better for me than just trying to remember rules...

D

DB74

I once did a grow with sensi seeds G13xhashplant but never found a keeper, fingers crossed you'll get a fine looking lady worth hanging on to. Good luck.

W

weedgirl

Just flushed the system with clean RO water and I am refilling it with water / nutrients now.

Some pictures from today. I will add info about EC/PH/nutrient when I am done feeding.

P1010646.JPG

P1010644.JPG

P1010643.JPG

P1010642.JPG

P1010639.JPG

P1010640.JPG

P1010638.JPG

P1010637.JPG

P1010633.JPG

P1010632.JPG

P1010634.JPG

P1010631.JPG

P1010629.JPG

ttystikk

ttystikk

Damn those plants got big real fast

WOW- no kiddin', huh? I'm thinkin' next time you run this setup, Weedgirl, you may want to induce flowering when your girls are no more than 20-25cm tall...

W

weedgirl

Yes that is for sure.

I will go right from big clones to flower next time. No additional veg time.

ttystikk

ttystikk

I may have mentioned this before, but it is very enjoyable for me to follow along with your progress and in the process learn about the aeroflow system's traits. It's good to have the chance to learn without having so much of one's own skin in the game!

W

weedgirl

I am glad to share :)

I just got a 2nd system today and I will set it up next to this one. I will do a separate diary for it. I have pretty big clones ready, so I will have it all set up and go in to flower tomorrow.

In the future I plan to run them together or maybe separated by 1 or 2 weeks, so I don't have to take 120 clones in one go.

ttystikk

ttystikk

I am glad to share :)

I just got a 2nd system today and I will set it up next to this one. I will do a separate diary for it. I have pretty big clones ready, so I will have it all set up and go in to flower tomorrow.

In the future I plan to run them together or maybe separated by 1 or 2 weeks, so I don't have to take 120 clones in one go.

I would definitely stagger them, for lots of reasons. For example, just how many plants do you want to cut, hang and then trim all at once, anyway?

Any reason you wouldn't want to stagger them half a cycle apart?

W

weedgirl

No not really. You'r absolutely right. I will start flowing my clones now and run them with 4-6 weeks apart.

I am not sure what week I am in on this grow. I am countering the days, but I think I am some behind due to the over feeding and lockout i had for a while there.

I will post some more photos today..

W

weedgirl

While transplanting the clones i found lots and lots of spider mites on them. I dipped them all in water/Neudorff spider mite poison, but my flowering plants are infected too.

I think my only choice is to wash the leaves manually to the degree it's possible, and then get lots of predator mites. I really don't want to lose this crop.

Any other recombination would be much appreciated.

BAM!
P1010652.JPG

I will start a separate diary for the new batch.

nuttso

nuttso

While transplanting the clones i found lots and lots of spider mites on them. I dipped them all in water/Neudorff spider mite poison, but my flowering plants are infected too.

I was 100% sure you didn't kill the spider mites with the last threatment. I told you to watch out for them if you remember (). They are in the room. You need to clean the whole room and bomb it with some heavy chems before you build your system. There is no chance any predator will keep up with the mites in this conditions you put them in. Try this here:
order the foliar pack.

No matter what you spray, past week 4 it's a pain in the ass and can always damage fruits or lead to mold. Good luck. Honestly don't start that second grow before you didn't clean the whole room.

good luck

W

weedgirl

@ nuttso
Yes I know. You told me so. I did clean my room, but apparently I was not being effective enough. I do really appreciated your advice, and I wish I would have payed more attention to your warning, and kept treating for mites for a longer period. Anyhow I really don't want to kill 60 clones and start all over. I waited 6 weeks to get this 2nd batch started.

I did a lot of research in the last few days and I am trying to find the best way to deal with Spider Mites in an active grow area in late flower period. I pretty much got it down to these 3.

1. Predator Mites
2. Mighty Wash
3. Hot Shot No-Pest Strip

I am trying to find some Mighty Wash in my area, but without any luck so far. I ordered some "Hot Shot - No-Pest Strip from e-bay, but it's shipping from the states, so it will take a while. From what I read, they are really effective, but some people say they damage the the plants. But they sound ok to me.

About predator mites, I read that they are not effective in flower period, as they need at least 16h of light to breed and stay active. But I will speak with a local grow shop on this topic tomorrow.

Any help and advice on how to handle this pest, is very much appreciated, but I really don't want to stop growing for any period unless it's absolutely unavoidable.

xBUBBAx

xBUBBAx

avid and sm90 is a spidermites worst nightmare...will wipe those fuckers out. Also triazacide is a pretty good pesticide...and its also necessity to use a pyrethium bomb in your room as well. Just my opinion, I am sure some people will not agree with the use of these hardcore chems but I feel its the only way to completely get rid of them.

W

weedgirl

avid and sm90 is a spidermites worst nightmare...will wipe those fuckers out. Also triazacide is a pretty good pesticide...and its also necessity to use a pyrethium bomb in your room as well. Just my opinion, I am sure some people will not agree with the use of these hardcore chems but I feel its the only way to completely get rid of them.

Would you use that stuff in week 6 of flower?

xBUBBAx

xBUBBAx

no sorry I did not read closely enough. Dont use the avid or triazacide when the plants are forming buds.

Although, you could use the pyrithium bomb in week 6...as long as u take it the full 8 weeks, 2 weeks should more than enough time to be safe In my opinion. I have done this numerous times. I am sure some people will disagree, but I would rather do it than lose a harvest or smoke spider mites.

You could even spray with a very light dose of sm-90, but dont over do it. And beware of mold since your buds are already going to be kinda dense...

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

Room looks great, was just talking to someone about these systems. Almost oicked up 2 aerosol 60 sites a few years ago for $250 each but I didn't want to have to go over my count just to run a few lights. Love what your doing keep up the good work!

Top Bottom