60 plants. G13+Hash plant. 1600w Aeroflo60 grow

• Thread starter weedgirl
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ttystikk

ttystikk

did you use a surfactant/ sticker-spreader agent? That helps the floramite do its thing. I generally saw dead mites right away, and nothing at all moving by the next day.

W

weedgirl

did you use a surfactant/ sticker-spreader agent? That helps the floramite do its thing. I generally saw dead mites right away, and nothing at all moving by the next day.

No, I don't even know what that is. I was told to just dilute it in 3 liters of water and spray the general plant area.

ttystikk

ttystikk

No, I don't even know what that is. I was told to just dilute it in 3 liters of water and spray the general plant area.

Soap, basically. Add just a drop to your 3 liters.

Get close, and be sure to soak the plants down from above and below/underneath the leaf surface, where the little buggers prefer to live.

If they don't start dying, increase your dosage by 25% increments until you see results.

W

weedgirl

Using RO water is fine right? As oppose to using Tap water? also just room temperature water is fine right?

nuttso

nuttso

In your situation it is really hard to crush them. No matter what you do, you will end up spraying more than 3 times till you finish the new aero. So you will need two more miticids. Cause you will need to rotate if you keep this route. They will build up resistance pretty quick. I swear you didn't get all mites with the application yesterday. Even if 99% are dead tomorrow or in 3 days. You will have some happy living vaccinated mites. This will lead to another application. They will come back pretty fast. When your fresh batch is ready it will have 2-3 different miticites in it and if your not so lucky some rot and several miticid demage. Cause no matter what they tell you every pesticid stresses the plant in some way. It may be reduced yield or lack of flavour or whatever. Listen. Get this new clones out there, keep them in veg. CLEAN THEM 100%. Finish the current grow. Clean the room. Bomb it with heavy chems. Start over, yield well.

W

weedgirl

In your situation it is really hard to crush them. No matter what you do, you will end up spraying more than 3 times till you finish the new aero. So you will need two more miticids. Cause you will need to rotate if you keep this route. They will build up resistance pretty quick. I swear you didn't get all mites with the application yesterday. Even if 99% are dead tomorrow or in 3 days. You will have some happy living vaccinated mites. This will lead to another application. They will come back pretty fast. When your fresh batch is ready it will have 2-3 different miticites in it and if your not so lucky some rot and several miticid demage. Cause no matter what they tell you every pesticid stresses the plant in some way. It may be reduced yield or lack of flavour or whatever. Listen. Get this new clones out there, keep them in veg. CLEAN THEM 100%. Finish the current grow. Clean the room. Bomb it with heavy chems. Start over, yield well.

Your probably right. I have another room I could move them to. I cant keep the in VEG because they will get too big (like this current grow). But I can move them to another room and treat them vigorously for mites until they start flowering. They are only on day 4 of flower so I could dip them again or give them some old fashion poison or chili mix or something.

My two mother plants are infected too, but as long as they are in veg, I can deal with them pretty vigorously right? They are in a tent (homebox) as well.

Thanks again for your advice and concern.

W

weedgirl

foodweek8.png

I am on day five of week 8. I think I have gotten my spidermite situation under control. I can still see eggs with the microscope, but nothing crawling at least for now.

Someone said earlier that the reason some of the buds would not dense up, could just be bad genetics and i think I am seeing a trend with some plants turning in to shit, while others are turning to gold.

I have removed all the once that looked like there where going to become nothing, and thus made space for some more air and light for the remaining once.

P1010666.JPG

P1010665.JPG

P1010664.JPG

And a few closeups
PICT00102.JPG

PICT0011.JPG

PICT0012.JPG

PICT0013.JPG

P1010669.JPG

MitchyNugz

MitchyNugz

Looks like things are shaping up for you those buds look really nice great close up shots too, sorry to hear about the mites hopefully you kill all the lil buggers and they don't come back anyways nice setup looking forward to seeing that other table filled in!

420alldaze

420alldaze

what up wg? lookin good cant wait to see how they turn out for ya. peacentreez

W

weedgirl

Some fresh pictures from today. I think it's about time to flush them with clean water after this week, and then maybe harvest 3-5 days after that.

I will start posting some resin closeups next week. I hope you guys will help me decide the best time to harvest.

P1010694.JPG

P1010691.JPG

P1010686.JPG

P1010684.JPG

P1010680.JPG

P1010682.JPG

P1010679.JPG

P1010678.JPG

P1010677.JPG

W

weedgirl

It's time for the million dollar question.

Are they ready for harvest?

I apologise for the blurry photos's but every time I take a 35x zoom picture they get really bad. It takes 1-2 seconds to take the picture that close, and I cant hold the Microscope steady for that long.

Anyway I am towards the end of week 8 and the buds are looking pretty good. Question is, how far from harvest am I?

PICT0027.JPG

PICT00261.JPG

PICT00251.JPG

PICT0019.JPG

PICT0018.JPG

PICT0016.JPG

PICT00103.JPG

PICT00111.JPG

PICT00092.JPG

PICT00082.JPG

And some normal pics.
P1010710.JPG

P1010709.JPG

P1010706.JPG

P1010705.JPG

P1010704.JPG

P1010702.JPG

P1010703.JPG

P1010699.JPG

P1010698.JPG

W

weedgirl

Double post from:

Some more closeups from today.

I guess is they still got another week to go. Still looks mostly clear to me.

Any thoughts?

Ps. I wish I could get some more zoomed closeup, but my USB cheap microscope cam sucks :(

PICT00161.JPG
PICT0022.JPG
PICT00191.JPG
PICT0020.JPG
PICT0015.JPG
PICT0014.JPG
PICT0023.JPG
PICT00211.JPG
PICT00131.JPG
PICT00121.JPG
PICT00112.JPG
PICT00093.JPG
PICT00043.JPG
PICT00051.JPG
PICT00071.JPG

D

dank_

FYI - MIGHTY WASH is the only thing that kills spider mites (for me) AND you cannot damage the plants with MIGHTY WASH.

I also used MIGHT WASH for thrips which worked just as well.

E

eiregrow

hi just had a look at your grow looks very impressive (and expensive lol) where are you growing as 64 rh is very high for flowering plants, and all this talk of products to use for speider mites is silly, if you have mites you've done something wrong prevention is the answer not cure. Taking a few basic steps will ensure anyone can avoid mites again starting with never growing clones from anyone else, and other commen sense practices, if you want to know more let me know.

ttystikk

ttystikk

hi just had a look at your grow looks very impressive (and expensive lol) where are you growing as 64 rh is very high for flowering plants, and all this talk of products to use for speider mites is silly, if you have mites you've done something wrong prevention is the answer not cure. Taking a few basic steps will ensure anyone can avoid mites again starting with never growing clones from anyone else, and other commen sense practices, if you want to know more let me know.

...and hot air like this will definitely bring the humidity down, if it wasn't coming from such a swampgas filled windbag!

First, 64% humidity is fine. If you want, you can bring it down 10% for final flowering- it's one more way the plants know it's time to finish their life cycle.

Second, fool has obviously never had problems with spidermites, so ignore his 'advice.' Prevention is fine but once they're in your garden it's time to deal with them, not whine about what you 'should have done.' It's really too late to spray anything on these buds without risk of damaging them. After these girls are out of the room, however, you'll need to thoroughly clean the place up. Also, make certain you're not accidentally carrying the little monsters from this room to any others with plants in them- even houseplants can be a reservoir for infestations!

Getting clones from others is not only fine, but is the only way to be certain of what you're getting. As with anything you get from outside your garden, care must be taken to prevent contamination. Therefore, keep new clones in isolation from all other plants, and spray them preventatively for powdery mildew, spidermites, etc, and let them sit that way for a week or so before placing them near your other crops.

Yes, your setup cost some money. So what? Looks like it's getting good results, especially for the limited space you have to work with. The issues you're encountering are similar to those any other grower might experience. Funny how the guy's signature said he was waiting for equipment- guess that's proof all his knowlege came from a book!

As far as checking for ripeness goes, I'd say your photography skills are fine! Bring your temps up 1-2 degrees C, and if you want, let your humidity drop 10 points, both will help encourage ripening. In general, growing hydroponically means 1-3 weeks longer growing time, which means better yield- not a bad thing, right?

Keep up the good work!

W

weedgirl

Thank's alot.

I can't really do much for the temperature short of putting a paraffin heater in the room, and I am not sure the plant's will like the gases from that.

JapaneseKeroseneBurner.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom