60 plants. G13+Hash plant. 1600w Aeroflo60 grow

• Thread starter weedgirl
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

weedgirl

The moms
I have 3 mother plants grown from (G13+Hash plant Sensi seeds) seeds (i had 5 but one was male and one got spider mites). They are under a 400w MH on 18/6h light in 40 liter bubbles with reverse osmosis water and 1ml. pr. liter of adcance nutrients. (micro/bloom/grow). Water PH is held between 5.5 and 6.0. I have a big round air stone in each bubbler and a heavy air pump going 24/7.

P10103391.JPG
P1010338.JPG

The clones
I took 63 clones about 10 days ago, they all seem to be doing well and about 8 of them have roots showing. They are in 2 aeroponic propagators in rock wool with a foam collar, under a 400w MH (my 100w florescent drowned). No nutrients, except 1ml. rooting accelerator pr. liter of water (RO water) and the clones are dipped in rooting hormone before stuck in the rock wool. Water PH is kept between 5.5 and 6.0 but have been between 6.5 and 7.5 till yesterday. I expect them all to have roots in a few days, and I will move them to the Aeroflo 60 then.

P1010342.JPG
P10103401.JPG
P1010343.JPG
P10103501.JPG
P1010347.JPG
P1010348.JPG
P1010349.JPG

The grow
I hope to fill out all 60 sites and hopefully all my clones are female (I am positive about all except the 17 clones from mother plant #5). I will only veg them for a few days in the Aeroflo to keep them small, and start flowing then. (that will be day1 of diary).

I will be using Reverse Osmosis water with the "Expert Grower plan" from advance nutrients. Lights will be 2 x 600w HpS on the sides and a 400w HpS in the center (Adjustawing reflectors). I will keep posting picture updates and keep a detailed log on water PH and EC as well.

I have a net to go over the Aeroflo, I just need to build a frame for it. I am considering setting up some reflective material on the walls, but I am not certain I will get that done for this grow (I am not very handy with building stuff).

I have been running a "dry" run on the Aeroflo for about 10 days with tap water, and it seems to be running smoothly. I was told to make some sort of filter for the water pump to make sure the spray nozzles does not clog up with bit's of roots and whatnot, but I don't really know how to go about doing that.

P1010345.JPG

Side notes
All power outlets and electric equipment is mounted way above the floor in case of flooding (high risk basement). The airflow in the room is fairly good with an intake in the door and the air being blown out the chimney vent. I don't think I need a filter for the smell this way, but I have one just in case. I will have 4 fans set up and 3 of them rotating. The basement has recently been flooded so I have lots of spiders and mosquitoes and I can´t really seem to get rid of them. I still need to clean a few rooms down there tho.

Expectations
Anything less then 1 kilo will be disappointing. I hope to get between 1.4 and 1.6 with the 1800w lights. This is my first time growing this strain and in this setup so I can´t be to sure about the yield. (fingers crossed). What i really hope is to steer clear of disaster.

Anyway that is it for now, I will post an update with new pictures once I move the clones to the Aeroflo. Any hint's, help, advice, suggestions, criticism, reminders or questions are very welcome. I make this diary mainly as a source of input and advice for any complications or problems I may run in to. (plus to show off my grow of course) :D

Ps. I hope to get some Co2 equipment some day, but I have a limit to how much power I can draw, and I think getting a Co2 system will require me to get an air condition too.

sensig13.jpg

microgrowbloom.jpg

nutrientplant.jpg

M

Moses249

Your clones and mothers look really good. If you suspect you have spider-mites an excellent and safe product to use is Aza-max or Azatrol and spray all your plants religously every seven days. Its not advisable to spray flowering plants but you can spray them up until week two or three of flower with no problem, and no negative effect on the bud whatsoever. Also Doktor doom bug bombs are safe, effective, and probably the best bug bombs to use in any healthy pest managment program. It will help with your mosquito and spdier problem. If you are going to use Advance nutrients, I would use just part A+B,+ cal-mag or something similiar, and maybe one or two bloom enhancers. I've checked out thier expert package, and its just heavy on getting hard working cash strapped people to blow money on lots of unnecessary and flashy products. Taping some Panda or mylar to your basement walls or affixing it in some fashion would for sure help your light reflection. As far as a filter for your pump, maybe some sort of mesh screen, im thinking like window screens or finer that would trap particles from getting into the sprayers. Someone, once told me they used panty hose in some sort of filter contraption and it worked out for them. If you get a bottled co2 tank, a regulator, and some sort of controller you could add co2 to your garden without adding any heat. Though its obviously alot of money to spend. I've never used an aeroflow system, though i use Aeroponics for my cloning. Im interested to see how the system works. Good luck.

G

grnmountainboy

aeroflo kicks ass! i have been using one for a couple years now and have always been extremely happy with the results.

DrCALIGREENTHUM

DrCALIGREENTHUM

Your clones and mothers look really good. If you suspect you have spider-mites an excellent and safe product to use is Aza-max or Azatrol and spray all your plants religously every seven days. Its not advisable to spray flowering plants but you can spray them up until week two or three of flower with no problem, and no negative effect on the bud whatsoever. Also Doktor doom bug bombs are safe, effective, and probably the best bug bombs to use in any healthy pest managment program. It will help with your mosquito and spdier problem. If you are going to use Advance nutrients, I would use just part A+B,+ cal-mag or something similiar, and maybe one or two bloom enhancers. I've checked out thier expert package, and its just heavy on getting hard working cash strapped people to blow money on lots of unnecessary and flashy products. Taping some Panda or mylar to your basement walls or affixing it in some fashion would for sure help your light reflection. As far as a filter for your pump, maybe some sort of mesh screen, im thinking like window screens or finer that would trap particles from getting into the sprayers. Someone, once told me they used panty hose in some sort of filter contraption and it worked out for them. If you get a bottled co2 tank, a regulator, and some sort of controller you could add co2 to your garden without adding any heat. Though its obviously alot of money to spend. I've never used an aeroflow system, though i use Aeroponics for my cloning. Im interested to see how the system works. Good luck.

lol please use sns-217, best product for mites, it takes care of eggs as well as adults, something aza-max or trol cant do. believe me usung a doc doom bomb while your in 3rd week flowering will most def affect buds, I dont give a shit what anybody says. People need to really notice what it does to the pistils n hairs on your girls, they wont be white the next day after spraying. Doctor doom bombs are fuckin horrible unless your trying to kill literally EVERYTHING in your room. That shit is way to strong for what it is to the point they have been pulled off most store shelves in my area, thats right doc doom is getting pulled. Unless you wanna be nauseous all day with a throbbing headache id say go 4 it lol.

just use sns-217 most twice or three times a week on your girls when there SMALL for just a week or 2 tops and you wont have a mite problem.
best product for mites hand down.

lemme kno how it works for you girl

B

bluewaves

Sns217 ==== the shit.....!!! Good luck with the grow ......

DrCALIGREENTHUM

DrCALIGREENTHUM

^^^ thats what im talkin about ive yet to hear a bad review about it. :hi

W

weedgirl

Thank's allot guys.

I will be going to the grow shop for a few things once I replant the clones, and I will be sure to get some sns-217. That "doc doom bomb" thing, can I use that before going to 12/12 without any damage to the plants or is there a similar product that can help get rid of the spiders / mosquitoes in the room? Also I don't think i have a spider mite problem any more. One of my mother plants was infested, but I just chopped it down and I have not found anything living crawling on any of my 3 renaming moms or on the clones. But better safe then sorry, so I will get some sns-212 just in case.

@ Moses249
I was advised to use panty hose by someone else but I don't know where to put it. Should i just strap one around the water pump or put it somewhere else in the system?

Thank's for the advice on the nutrients. I already have micro/bloom/grow + mag/cal and BigBud + BudFactorX and BudCandy, so your saying that I should just stick with that and skip all the fancy stuff?

@ grnmountainboy
Which Aeroflo are you using, and did you make a filter for the water pump? I would love some advice from someone experienced with this system.

Ps. About the aeroponic cloner, I have not been very happy with it till now, but someone advised me to use rock wool cubes inside the cloner, and it's seems to work much much better now. I did not lose a single clone this time, and my success rate for clones was very low before.

W

weedgirl

Upon closer inspection I found living spider mites on some of my un-rooted clones. It seems SNS-217 is not available in my country, so I will have to get something else...
:sweating:sweating:sweating:sweating:sweating

Do anyone know any of the following products and can recommend them?

Celaflor Pest Free Neem
Leaf Coat
Spruzit Pest free

13Dawgz

My recc. for spider mites is buy some #1 Azamax, #2 Neem Oil, & #3 Mite Rid. You can mix the azamax with neem oil, and mit rid with azamax, etc in order to keep those B***** from building immunity.

I had a friend yield 1b per light (600s) with his Aeroflo 60, although he was using a water chiller, and co2. Your nutrients are good I reccomend using some Roots Excellurator because It's just so good wil definately boost some yields there.

I found out the hardway that chillers are pretty much necessary for all hydro setups, because with warm water temperatures the roots can get all messed up and stunt plant growth severely. Hope you run well. You should do good. Looks like you just keeping it clean and simple :)

W

weedgirl

I was actually planning to get a water chiller. Can you recommend a good brand? Where do I buy a thing like that, in an aquarium shop or something?

I was thinking maybe I would move my plants out for a day and burn off a sulfur bomb in the basement to kill everything once and for all.

And then spray the clones with some poisson to get rid of the spider mites.

DrCALIGREENTHUM

DrCALIGREENTHUM

you can use a pyrethium bomb the prescription line if its a necessity to get rid of those mosquitos n spiders. I would take out my girls bomb the run n return em like 20- 24hrs later.Thats hopefully if you still have your girls cloning, it'll be alot easier. I forgot to mention that doc doom bombwill burn your plants like a mofo especially delicate clones. its just to strong

They should have chillers at your hydro store, if not you might be able to find a cheaper made one at an aquarium supply store.

That sucks about the sns-217 did you try ebay?

C

caperfarmer902

Yea, if you cant buy the SNS-217 in your town, try online, send it to a discreat address if needed, or worryed about law enfourcement, but even still you should be able to get that stuff online either on a hydrostore, or ebay like dr.caligreenthumb said!!

Best of luck to you, Happy Grow!!

13Dawgz

Chill

Hydroponic stores carry chillers for growing. For just starting out I would go with an EcoPlus to save money because other ones are over $1k. 1/4 EcoPlus will run around $400 or a little more depending where you get it.

I ran pythium bombs and they don't seem to be make a difference. I find the best way is to spray the plants 1/week early on during veg and 1st 2-3 weeks of flower. and they don't come back

M

Moses249

You can try attaching the panty hose around your pump with a zip tie, tape, or something, then try and run the system to see if runs properly with the panty hose attached. Since you already bought some advance nutrient products, I would go ahead and try to use those, I'd stay away from the Bud Candy though because, IMO, its likely to only muck up the water in your system. I've never used the sprays others have mentioned the probably work very well, just as long as you get some sort of offense going against the mites. Others in this thread have heavily criticized bug bombing your room, I have done it before with dok doom and others with minimal issues. Good luck.

S

StrikeitRich

I would Try Mighty Wash its mostly water and kills mites in thier tracks. U could also go with good old Lady Buggs. They are some real hungery buggers.

As far as getting CO2 u thinkin bout a GasBurnin unit? or getting the compressed cylinders with a control unit? The cylinder method is really easy to do and cheap if u got any source of compressed CO2.

If u get CO2 u can always pump up the PPMs in ur room, and kill of all bugs quickly. kinda a 2 birds one stone scenario. lol.

Good luck, and welcome to the Farm.

Peace,
S i R

W

weedgirl

Quick update:
Thank you guys for the helpful comments. I am in the process of ordering a water chiller from my local grow shop. I will try to get the EcoPlus one.

The clones are nearly all rooted and they are ready to go in the Aeroflo60. I will move them this week. (tomorrow or the day after).

I sprayed them all (clones and moms) with some "Spruzit Pest free". 40 ml. to 3 liters of water. I gave them a pretty heavy doze, i just hoped i did not get too much of it in the water for the clones. I will spray them twice a week for 3 weeks just to be sure to get rid of all spider mites and eggs before buds starts to develop.

I will post another update with more pictures once I replanted the clones to the Aeroflo.

P10103511.JPG

P10103521.JPG
P1010353.JPG
pestfree.JPG

forknowledge

forknowledge

Plant vitality plus is what your looking for. It eradicated the mites on my plants with 2 applications & the plants love it but make sure you dont get it on yourself.

G

GeorgeKush

If you got rid of them mites, BioBizz leafcoat is maybe worth a shot for you!
Here's a little description from BioBizz:
BioBizz LeafCoat 100% Organic Plant Strengthener Against Fungi and Plagues. LeafCoat is a Ready To Use product that was developed to restrain evaporation. It is made of natural latex. LeafCoat strengthens plants and provides them with a powerful expelling effect on harmful insects. It also prevents against harmful leaf fungi.

- Available in bottles of 500ml. Refills are available in 1,5 and 10 ltr without sprayer

Application
Ready to use leaf nutrient as an extra additive on regular nutrients or plant water. To be used during the whole cycle (vegetative and flowering period) of the plant until two weeks before the harvest.

Dose
Spray directly up and under the leaves of the plant. Spray precise and until runoff. Use preferably in the morning or in the evening and try to avoid full sun. Repeat every week

anyways nice update and keep the nice work up!

Top Bottom