60 X 1000 Watts Under Current Hydro 20 Tons Of Ac And Some Co2

• Thread starter JACKMAYOFFER
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

digging

Thanks Jack for all of your time and energy you are putting into this for us all to learn about this great system.

A Under Current 13 gallon system is in my future for sure.

Would love to see information about the Under Current System with the IntelliDose Intelligent Nutrient Control as well as how to hook up reservoirs so they automatically supplies water into the system when needed.

Thanks again Jack !!!

PS. Has it been determined which strain would be the best to grow in the Under Current System yet?

H

halitzor

If anyone is wondering you can build these for a fraction of the cost. The secret ingredient is Uniseals. I bought my own uniseals, pvc, pump, containers, tubing and have a complete 6 system unit which works fantastic. I'll make a journal someday.

And yes you can do multi strains in these systems. The plants compete which makes them more vigorous. I even have 2 strains in 1 container and the roots are fused!

Your setup looks awesome!

B

bakershredhead

Hey you can get those uniseals at aquaticeco.com and just about anything else you would want for aqua culture.

O

OutLander

I'm sure you could put a very similar system together by hand for less, but why? If you're only doing a personal grow, then any system like this is probably way overkill. If not, then the price you pay for the UC system is relatively a very small one.

Why nitpick over a few extra hundred dollars when you can have the UC system prepared for you and backed by the CC one-on-one customer service? An investment in the UC system is quickly recovered, so what's the point? (Watch Jack's thread here if you have any doubts.) Just get the UC system and don't quibble. If you have any doubts, and have questions, try calling CC yourself and find out what I mean. They're simply amazing.

And the UC turnkey system is worth every penny.

D

DrGoodMeds

So the guys at UC are preaching a system where you mix up the next weeks nutes ahead of time and then use that to top off your system via a float valve. They say that this method is better for a number of reasons.

1. You can adjust the top off res's PH so that as your system's PH creeps it will offset the change in PH (this would require some fine tuning).
2. You save water and nutes because you don't empty the system and refill it each week.
3. You keep all of the good microbes healthy and thriving throughout the grow instead of re-establishing them each res change.

Supposedly the big tomato farmers are doing this right now and it works great for them. They do a 50% res change 2-3 times through out the entire grow, veg and bloom.

It sounds like it makes a lot of sense. I think there is an article on Urban Garden about this technique but I can't find it....

Jack and everyone else, what is your opinion on this?

JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
This thread is not about building your own Under Current if you want to do this start your own grow journal :sign0023:I will say this only one time...I am here to share my system and what works best Im not here and have not asked from out siders on where to get parts If I wanted to build my own system I am more than cappable of doing so.:evilgrin I have chosen to run the Under Current system and share what I have learned along the way..JACK

JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
So the guys at UC are preaching a system where you mix up the next weeks nutes ahead of time and then use that to top off your system via a float valve. They say that this method is better for a number of reasons.

1. You can adjust the top off res's PH so that as your system's PH creeps it will offset the change in PH (this would require some fine tuning).
2. You save water and nutes because you don't empty the system and refill it each week.
3. You keep all of the good microbes healthy and thriving throughout the grow instead of re-establishing them each res change.

Supposedly the big tomato farmers are doing this right now and it works great for them. They do a 50% res change 2-3 times through out the entire grow, veg and bloom.

It sounds like it makes a lot of sense. I think there is an article on Urban Garden about this technique but I can't find it....

Jack and everyone else, what is your opinion on this?

The above is how I have my system set up, The first couple weeks I was topping off with RO water then doing add backs..I now have the 200 gallon rez nuted up and do my add backs via float valve..Works great and the plants look better then any plants I have ever grown:passingjoint: :clapping..JACK

deacon1503

deacon1503

I have run 4 16xl undercurrents with 16k in a sealed room with all the goodies. As mentioned by the guru above this system is NOT meant to have 27 different hocus pocus additives. It is optimal with your favorite A&B along with one bloom booster/finishing agent and cal/mag. You can run all the side by sides you want and you will not beat this kiss method. All those additives and sooner or later white slimy roots will overtake this system.

Call me what you will but this recipe specifically for the "undercurrents" will blow it out of the box everytime.

DM gold A&B
Big Bud
Overdrive
Magical

Nothing more or less, you can thank me later and save a ton of dough in the process.

L-Immortal: Did you use DM Gold Grow A&B andFlower A&B? Or just grow? And could either Big Bud or Overdrive be replaced with the new AN Kushy Kush? Any other specifics you could give a newB about to start his first UC grow?

BTW, nice grow Jack!

JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
Here is the new veg set up I will rock 2 x 16 site Under Currents they will veg for 3 weeks under 8 x 1000 Watt Magnun XXXL Hoods..:banana1sv6:

Imagejpeg952
JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
Is this your flowering room layout? What kinda of lamp in the parabolic fixtures? Awesome system you got there!!
View attachment 80796
:icon_spin:

Man that looks so cool yep thats it..Im thinking of cutting out the parabolics during flower and using the six extra 1000 watters on the out sides...JACK

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Simmering up the Lumen Soup

Man that looks so cool yep thats it..Im thinking of cutting out the parabolics during flower and using the six extra 1000 watters on the out sides...JACK

I know hearing that brightened up my day ;)

Sounds like a good idea.

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Go Deep

Come to think of it I like the sound of turning on the (6) 1000's and the parabolics.:sun

B

bakershredhead

Yo Jack is the top off nutes at full strength? Also so you do not do any flushing I take it.

JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
Yo Jack is the top off nutes at full strength? Also so you do not do any flushing I take it.
I have flushed 1 time in between veg and flower the plants really responded and loved it..I will do so again as needed, Top off at full strength give or take 50 ppm
Come to think of it I like the sound of turning on the (6) 1000's and the parabolics.:sun
Walking into a room with 30 x 1000 watts makes you take a step back..:pimp: I will come up with the decision tommorow I may try one side with and one side with out and see what the yield difference is...JACK

M

max_well

Hey Jack
amazing work bro, real inspiration.
Your veg set up looks really smart; kind of like the 'UC Evolution' layout, but it looks like your only using one "reservoir" bucket and pump, where their layout uses an extra pump and reservoir for each extra side run of buckets, I assume to even out solutionflow down each lane. Have you tested the flow in your setup yet? What size pump are you using for the 16 sites? Thanks for all of your detail and documenting, it's a great help.
Max

L-Immortal

L-Immortal

I bet when you go with the outside lighting on your setup you it will never look back and the parabolics will be nothing more than a distant memory... But I’m sure a guy like yourself will test it out for more data for future reference. Once you see the gains you get from the outside lighting you will be grinning like the Cheshire cat.

L-Immortal: Did you use DM Gold Grow A&B andFlower A&B? Or just grow? And could either Big Bud or Overdrive be replaced with the new AN Kushy Kush? Any other specifics you could give a newB about to start his first UC grow?

BTW, nice grow Jack!

I always use H&G for veg, as for the latter part of the question no, no, and no. Stick with what was posted and it'll blow your mind in these undercurrents. Now back to the regular scheduled programming. I don’t want to muddy up Jacks thread…

Oh and as a UC newbie welcome to the club, I reccommend you read jacks thread here at least twice from cover to cover and dive into the other UC threads, read everything you can about them and make a journal.

D

dagobaker

i have a feeling with his setup as long as he keeps ppm and ph in order its going to be a truck full at the end
he could run lucas with kool bloom and retire

Latest posts

Top Bottom