600 watt lights

• Thread starter d420dool
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
d420dool

d420dool

hey guys im upgradin my setup from 400 to 600 so i was wonderin if any1 had any recomendations thanx.

symbiote420

symbiote420

I hope you really take this into consideration, I was where you're at once before my advo is getcha a 1k homie! I did the 400/600 thing and as much as people state 600s rival or preform more efficiently than a 1k, freakin' BOLOGNA!
I went from harvesting 10 to 20+ oz. bro (same strains) and my bills only increased by $20 more a month, growth is much bigger and faster under the 1k as well! I have a homie that likes to debate bs all the time, we were talking about this last week when my other homie comes over who just switched to a 1k system, I was so happy when he explained all the differences it has made in his grow he just started growing this year and he's only been using the 1k for 3 - 4 weeks......these are his words "fuck a 600!"

joehank

joehank

How many plants are you growing? How big is your space? Is it in a tent? How is/was your ventilation working out with the 400? It will be a noticible difference with the heat between a 400 and a 1000. However I will agree with Sym, and others will tell you the same thing..., with this addiction called " growing" that we have, you will at some point move to that 1000w set-up. So just go there now, but keep in mind the rest of the equation- venting, cooling, more frequent watering, etc...

sedate

sedate

symbiote420 said:
I was so happy when he explained all the differences it has made in his grow he just started growing this year and he's only been using the 1k for 3 - 4 weeks......these are his words "fuck a 600!"

Wow.

600w HPS bulbs are, watt-for-lumen, more efficient than 1000w bulbs as long as one controls for ballast type - and they are certainly fine grow gear depending on the the setup, space, reflector type, and any number of other variables.

Anyway - if heat and electric capacity are not at issue here, then the 1000 would probably be the better buy, particularly since a 600+ballast isn't much less expensive than a 1000w+ballast.

Chobble

Chobble

The talk of 600 Watt lights out preforming 1000 Watts comes from when you string multiple lights together. In my opinion anything under 3000 Watts should be done with 600 Watt lights not 1000's. Theres a lot more even distribution of light.

Also your bulbs are very important. At least get a GE bulb if not a hortilux.

If you have room for one light though. Get a 1000w its worth it. Now if you have room for 2 600's thats where 600's now become better then 1000's.

Chobble

Kyle mccall

Kyle mccall

The talk of 600 Watt lights out preforming 1000 Watts comes from when you string multiple lights together. In my opinion anything under 3000 Watts should be done with 600 Watt lights not 1000's. Theres a lot more even distribution of light.

Also your bulbs are very important. At least get a GE bulb if not a hortilux.

If you have room for one light though. Get a 1000w its worth it. Now if you have room for 2 600's thats where 600's now become better then 1000's.

Chobble

i dont think so i have two gavita 1000 watts adjustable to 1150w in a 3m by 1.5m secret jardin and i cant see two 600 doing better and the light distrubution with the 1000 s is brilliant peace km

symbiote420

symbiote420

I have a 1k on a light rail and I yield more than my bros running (2) 600s allday! No 600 will penetrate deeper into the plants canopy than a 1k will.
Plus with the mover you get the effects of the light hitting multiple angles like the sun, since it's moving there's no hot spots created like with a stationary light(s)!

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

hey guys im upgradin my setup from 400 to 600 so i was wonderin if any1 had any recomendations thanx.
Plantmax bulbs are your best option if you are budget oriented. Choose Ushio or Hortilux if you want the best quality regardless of price.

plantlightinghydroponics and ebay (new only not used) are great places to find good prices on bulbs.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

I have a 1k on a light rail and I yield more than my bros running (2) 600s allday! No 600 will penetrate deeper into the plants canopy than a 1k will.
Plus with the mover you get the effects of the light hitting multiple angles like the sun, since it's moving there's no hot spots created like with a stationary light(s)!
Sym,what size footprint are you covering with the 1k lightmover combo?

ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Alien Junkie and bush master
Supporter
1k all the way quantum ballast and lumatek bulb oh and adjustawing reflector and you'll kill it if you can keep your temps in check!!!

thunderfudge

thunderfudge

Breeder
I believe there are numerous factors such as genetics,nutes,temps,etc.in a smaller space 1k all the way.if I only got 6 oz per 600 I would shit can them in a Sec, but the # is substantially north.go look at those huge starfighter buds done under 600s,arm size.I like both setups and they each have their specific application.

highdesertgardener

highdesertgardener

Do you have this ballast? If that timer fails can it be bypassed?
Yeah..the ballast will still work if timer goes out. I know the owners....good product...people are scared of the "extra bells and whistles" but the only thing extra is the LCD display. The ignition control feature should be in all ballasts as a safety feature. The sensesmart (pre-ignition check) is pretty sick too...I had a short in my mogul socket and the ballast threw a error code that pinpointed the issue if you know what your doing. Pretty comparable to other ballasts and you get more for your money.

Kyle mccall

Kyle mccall

i dont think so i have two gavita 1000 watts adjustable to 1150w in a 3m by 1.5m secret jardin and i cant see two 600 doing better and the light distrubution with the 1000 s is brilliant peace km

look at my size tent 4 600 is absolutely pointless youd get better results with the 2 x 1150 and no 4x600 =2400 watts not 2300 but that does nt change the fact you think the 600 s would do the better job i think what you should be saying is 600 will cover more space but wont give you the same light penetration.

Top Bottom