600W at 89F or 400W at 82F?

• Thread starter Devilsblight
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Devilsblight

Devilsblight

I am growing in a pretty small tent (2'x5'x4', or 30cuft) a 600W HPS in a sealed aircooled hood (with it's own dedicated exhaust).

When at 600W the temp goes up as high as 89F, but when I dim it to 400W the temp goes down to like 82F.

Is 89F (with no added CO2) ok for 600W, or am I better off losing 200W of light so the plants are cooler at like 82F or so?

I hate to lose 200W of light, but I need advice on whether the temp is ok, I have lots of exhaust (206CFM) and the air cooled hood has its own 406CFM exhaust so I can't reduce the temps anymore.

Advice would be appreciated, I keep switching it back and forth not sure what the best option it.

Fudge

Fudge

If theyre ok at 89 id just leave them, ur better off with constant light and temp than up and down imo. My tent was way up to 38c in the summer i had huge blocks of ice in front of fans to try and cool it, but they thrived anyway , same as fighting humidity, ur better off with slightly high/low humidity than up and down all the time

RR1

RR1

400W at 82°
How are you cooling your lights? Are you pulling air from your tent through your light, then outside? Or are you pulling air from outside the tent, through the light, then out? I pull air from my tent, then through lights, then outside. That way air from my basement, (72deg) is pulled through my tent vents, then out my lights, then outside. I adjust my blower so that my day temp is just below 80deg, nightime 72. 89 is a bit stressful for some strains, and it can make your buds airy.
RR1

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

My understanding is that the stress is caused more by root temps than air temps. For example my outdoor hit 115 this year and didn't droop, because it was rooted deeply into the ground, but if it was sitting above the ground in a hot black pot, it would have struggled.

RR1

RR1

My understanding is that the stress is caused more by root temps than air temps. For example my outdoor hit 115 this year and didn't droop, because it was rooted deeply into the ground, but if it was sitting above the ground in a hot black pot, it would have struggled.
Thats outside. Roots are very deep. In a tent things have to be controlled. My hydro setup has a chiller to regulate root temps. But if in soil, it warms right up. Also with high air temps babies drink alot.
RR1

tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

Thats outside. Roots are very deep. In a tent things have to be controlled. My hydro setup has a chiller to regulate root temps. But if in soil, it warms right up. Also with high air temps babies drink alot.
RR1

Yeah totally it is different indoors. It was just an extreme example to show the importance of root temps. Incase Devilsblight has a way to control root temps without losing light.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Need to keep canopy temps under 80 for any kind of quality. I dont let mine go over 77 degrees. And even there i move the plants farther away from the light a couple inches to ripen. Protects trichomes and terpenes.

So my answer is needs better ventilation

Top Bottom