6K and some OG in the Dirt

• Thread starter Mustard
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mustard

Mustard

Got everything transplanted today. Dealt with the gnats with microbe lift, sand, sticky traps, dr doom, and a little bit of some caps foliar that is in a tea brewing right now. Everything got a little ewc and compost top dressing beneath the sand. Everything is looking good so far. Spraying with tea tomorrow and maybe a tiny little water with it.

Tea has 1cup compost
1/2 cup ewc
3/4 cup mix of alfalfa, sofrock phosphate, kelp, fish bone meal, and that's it i think.

CAM00119
midwestdensies

midwestdensies

Setbacks really suck but in no time you will be on your feet again bro. I had some major delays here and have documented it on my grow journal but now I'm on day 14 homie! You have a great arsenal of clones and just need some vigor and health in them to really make them veg nicely. Fungas gnats arent that bad and you should prevail with your methods. Good luck man. MWD

Mustard

Mustard

Yes i consider myself lucky to have just fungus gnats. They aren't so bad but they can sure fuck up some clones on a nube. I guess that's the last time i mix my dirt outside.

Thanks for the luck I'm sure I'll use it!

Mustard

Mustard

Ok so my environment is ranging from 49-50% and 84°F down to 39-40% and 77°F after the ac cycles off.
Solution Is to get a swamp cooler asap! Too bad i am completely out of cash till next week...

Mustard

Mustard

So i bought a swamp cooler from an appliance outlet for 100$ it holds about 13 gallons and has analogue controls so it can be hooked up to a controller or timer. It's called the Winter from Symphony.

Humidity range is now 56% to 62% .

Mustard

Mustard

OK things are still running a bit slow except for the oldest clones. The 16 sfv are doing very well and if i had a room full of them id be nearly ready to flip.

Fungus gnats are pretty much all dead and gone. I do however have either soil mites (harmless) or dreaded root aphids. I'm leaning towards soil mites but really I'm not to sure. They are too small and fast moving to count their legs.

Another issue has been the humidity. With only 4 lights on and the swamp cooler going it's about 80° and 65 % - 85° and 70%. With all 6 it falls and doesn't hit that sweet spot like with only 4 running.

I decided to compromise and only run 5 lights because right now i cannot afford any humidifier options. I did replace the one light with one of those LEDs that I have so at least it's not wasted space.

I just did this so I haven't had enough time to really gauge temps and humidity yet but i think it should be good.

Though since I have these air cooled hoods maybe I'll cool a couple of them... Or all of them while I'm at it might as well. Though i really didn't want to go that route!

Ill post a couple pics later, IM on my phone and it's taking way too long.

Mustard

Mustard

So I think I do have an aphid problem as well... Can't afford to scrap everything, or I already would have. Today I soaked all my bags in a rubbermaid full of 1tbsp/gal Bayer Complete Insect control. I got through 2 tables before I ran out of Bayer. Only had half a small bottle. Tomorrow I will finish the job.

I took two bags at a time and completely submerged them in the solution until all the bubbling stopped, then moved them to a rack where they could drain and I could collect the runoff, so it wouldn't be wasted. Hopefully I didn't screw myself by doing it this way. I was worried that the runoff wouldn't contain as much solution as the tub that I was dunking everything into. I think I'll be OK though. This took a LONG time! hehe I admit I'm glad I ran out so I could take a break and finish it later... Think I'll re-charge in about 5 days or so with another drench this time just with the hose.

Winged Aphid? These are what got me stressing out over the aphid problem I may or may not have... I'm pretty it is. Doesn't look like a fungus gnat and I don't know what else it could be. It just seems bigger than the pictures of winged aphids I have tried to study in the last couple of days.

SFV OG

Tahoe OG (one sneaky cookie as well)

Here are two seeds that will be showing there booty and representing their couple thousand or so of her brothers and sisters that were made this summer. Hopefully they are both female so I don't have to waste any space in here.

Whitefire X Cinderella 99 BX1 (Mosca)

Skywalker OG

The one lonely GSC (from IMEDS)

In the back, behind the SFV's are an assortment of clones I got which are Greencrack, Bull Rider, and Pineapple something. Those are all doing pretty good too.

These and the SFV's are much further ahead and growing way faster than the other newer clones. Those have to get the ball rolling soon or I'm going to have to split all these SFVs and others into the other tables to even stuff out. I will be installing a trellis to try and keep everything as even as possible before flipping, but the older clones are ready to rock soon so I will probably have to end up mixing everything up...

I had one more picture I forgot to take and that's of my compost that is growing a beard right now in the cupboard with some baby oatmeal. It grew for a couple days nice and fuzzy, then I mixed it around and added more baby oatmeal to grow more awesome fuzzy white beard. This will be brewed in a few days. I'll wait as long as possible since nothing will need to be watered for at least a week since they got completely soaked today.

OK that's it for now. Hopefully my next update will be more fun and less bug drama!!

F

fuzzy

Some nice strains you have going there M.Hope you get the bugs under control.peace,fuzzy

Mustard

Mustard

Oh yea I forgot to mention that Cookie clone and all of those Green cracks, Pineapple and Bull Rider were all looking like shit a week ago. I'm surprised the Cookie came back it was looking really bad from what I thought was fungus gnat damage. It may have been from aphids I'm not sure but I didn't do anything to treat aphids until today when I figured I'd better even if I wasn't sure I had them or not. I wish I had a picture.. maybe I do I'll look. It had rust spots all over and some dieing lower leaves. After I transplanted and watered with Bti, daily foliars with teas and some different organic goodies, like some lacto bacteria, and garlic and ginger fermented extract.

Mustard

Mustard

Thanks Fuzzy! I hope so too. I'll never ever mix soil up outside again to bring indoors. Though that puts a damper on my compost and worm casting hobbies I was about to start playing around with at the new house. I have never had to deal with bugs before growing outside besides catepillars and those are easy!

Mustard

Mustard

Sooo... I was planning to follow up the Bayers treatment with some Spectracide, but I don't think it will be necessary. I see no bugs! Think I'm good, I will be observing very closely the next few days.

Also I was able to get my humidity and temps in check by lowering my lights. They were too high! Not enough air movement up there I guess. Now I need a humidistat because it can get up to 80% if i leave the swamp cooler on.

I will be starting a tent with LED lights and co2 next door soon here, stay tuned! Gonna be testing out As many seeds of my wifi x c99 as I think I can fit in there. Since those two I have going now are the healthiest plants I've got.

F

fuzzy

Cant wait to see the led co2 grow.Sounds like a nice cross also.I thought i had aphids but it turned out that i had caterpillars.Think im good now.Keep up the great work and ill be watching,peace,fuzzy

Mustard

Mustard

OK I have changed some things around here.

First I have moved the SFV's next door in a tent and they will be flowered tomorrow. Would have done today or sooner but I need to get a different chord for the ballast.

So that means the seed project will be delayed. I will be running them exclusively in the room, next round. Should be able to find a nice keeper :D

In the big room I have condensed the remaining 5 lights to 4. Just filled in the cracks with plants. There were a couple weak ones still so I didn't feel that I needed 5 lights in there with what I had.

I threw in a little bho pick of something I ran the other day. I'll be making a lot more very soon!! haaha!!!:D:D:D

SFV OG DAY 1 12/7/12

TAHOE OG (and one cookie in the back)

C99xWifi

GREENCRACK AND BULLRIDER IN THE BACK
SKYWALKER IN THE FRONT

LED SUPPLEMENTAL LIGHT

The screen is at 12" in the 4k room and about 16- 17" in the tent. Not sure if I'll raise the screen in the big room or not. Kind of anxious to flower and I am not sure if my SFV's are going to be overcrowded.

Everything got a top dressing of Jobes organics 5-5-5 organic granular plant food and EWC. Got a little fungus growing on it in the tent! Haven't noticed anything in the other room though.

I realized my tap ph is really high. I think this was giving me issues. Since then I have calibrated my ph pen and bought some ph down. Watered everything even though it didn't need it I though the ph of the soil was off. This was a couple days ago and everything looks like it's greening back up and reaching for the light.

I have had many issues with this grow but I think I'm finally on the right track! Ready to get going!!

F

fuzzy

Do you get enough penetration from the leds being that high?Looks like they are filling in nicely,peace,fuzzy

Mustard

Mustard

Do you get enough penetration from the leds being that high?Looks like they are filling in nicely,peace,fuzzy

When I turn off the HIDs I can see the LED light on all the plants. I think they are benefiting from the added spectrum, but I'm really not sure.

entropy99

entropy99

Those cuttings really took a beating! Good to see they're back and track and pumping out growth. They look really good now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom