6XL UnderCurrent 2k grow in 5x10 tent w/co2

• Thread starter jimmyhoffa59
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
babyhughie586

babyhughie586

i had the same problem.. i solved it by lowering the water level to about half full cut off all the brown roots and hand watered them for about a week and a half i now have nice huge healthy roots and strong huge plants

M

multiplex

hey jimmy all looks pretty good. hope you get a handle on the "brown" root issue. im hoping for the best.

im getting a 6xl here myself in a couple weeks w/ 2k also, so hope you dont mind me tagging along. im pretty sure co2 is bloom only, but i have been known to be wrong b4....lol. toke it easy

jimmyhoffa59

jimmyhoffa59

hey jimmy all looks pretty good. hope you get a handle on the "brown" root issue. im hoping for the best.

im getting a 6xl here myself in a couple weeks w/ 2k also, so hope you dont mind me tagging along. im pretty sure co2 is bloom only, but i have been known to be wrong b4....lol. toke it easy

More than welcome to tag along, I am pretty sure I already got a handle on my root issue, I do not think it was much of a real issue anyways, all the dark stuff washed right off I am running zone and will flush again tomorrow night and resume nutes in the 600ppm range. I talked to my "guy" who gifted my babies and we got it figured all out. Co2 runs all the time except the last few weeks of flower, considerably accelerates the growth between 50-100%. 1250-1300ppms.:evilgrin0040:

M

multiplex

thanks. i was under the impression you were running it in veg also. actually i think im mixing your thread up w/ f1daves....lol. im a ritard on this bb jam at times.

jimmyhoffa59

jimmyhoffa59

Okay i am fucking struggling bad!!!

Well the brown algae shit started coming right back after I washed it off before and flushed. I got some Physan 20 and ran 16ml of it, foamed like a bitch but whatever, ran it yesterday afternoon and looked and all was good last night around midnight when I went to bed.

Wake up this morning and at around 9 the one GDP I replaced one of my purple mist with was slumped over, closest to the epicenter. Roots on that one are bright white and growing and it was so perky along with all the others last night. So I was really shocked to see it slumped so bad. I flushed again, ran only the Physan for a couple hours then flushed it out and am running only Zone right now with a bit of cal mag. Will run this for about 48 hours.. within a few hours I guess will see if that one perks back up.

I have no idea why I am having such a difficult time with this setup. I have no powder mold, no mites, a nice setup and with the Co2 and everything going I should not be having these issues. I have no light leaks into the buckets either. I am at like 3.5 weeks of Veg, normally I should have been able to flip by now.. what the fuck is going on???

My ph is always a rock solid 5.8-5.9 water temp 67 water with nothing in it is about 90ppms. I am doing nothing different then the dude who gave me the cuts and his are ridiculous. Frustration is high.. I am struggling to get ahold of my system and have these things blow up. :fighting0087::fighting0087: :sign0065::sign0065: :mad0233:

M

mrdizzle

I have come to believe that its from the source, the water itself, and RO filters do not get algae out, h202 doesnt touch it, enzymes makes it explode, chlorine doesnt even touch it unless you want dose it at a leve that will toast your plants. washing the roots makes you feel better but it only hurts the plant IMO, Physan is an algaecide, it kills it

if you able to , take the plants out of the system and give it a serious cleaning, scrub it clean, if you cant take them out then

Physan is really your only option at this point. 1tsp per 15gals and let it run for 3 days, you should see a ton of brown bits on the wall in your control res. turn off your float valve and let the water level drop a couple inches, this should make most of the brown bits stick to the wall of your buckets above the water line that has dropped over the last 3 days, that way you can wipe them and get that dead algae out of the system, you will also have to spray the net pots because the brown bits get caught in the foam and stick to the lids of the buckets and top part of the net pots as the foam dies down

then you can refill the system, with the physan and a nute dose of about 500ppm, at this point your system should be clean and there shouldnt be many brown bits, if there are then drop the level again and wipe out, you probably dont have to drain the system from here (only if your still seeing a ton more brown bits then you will need to get that shit out of the system) , if everying is running clean then you should not do a change out for a little while, let the system run , dose you top up res with some physan as well, so that for the next 3 wks you know that all the water in the system is clean.

that should give you plants time to come back, one thing you wont see is over night changes to your plants, it will take a week or more. but the most important thing is to clean the system

jimmyhoffa59

jimmyhoffa59

Thanks Dizzle, I do not have a top of rez, I only have a small 6xl and am home all the time so I just have to handle it alone. The Physan is crazy, and only after using it did the one plant slump over so I am not sure what is up. I will see how it all looks in a few days I guess, the slumped plant will either pop back in a few hours or it will probably die I suppose. I am so frustrated, only thing I can think of is some sort of UV light or something in the epicenter.. I dunno I am out of options besides what you said. Once that plant slumped I am afraid to run the Physan for any period over a few hours now..I only ran it maybe 16 hours before seeing all that crap on the buckets.. should I run it longer? What was that shit? The roots were still not white either.. ugh...

jimmyhoffa59

jimmyhoffa59

Thanks OG I was happy with what I had til I started having problems, no matter how cool everything looks its very frustrating when issues arise.

HG23

HG23

In post 45 your net pot is only like half full and you said a couple were like that. For how long? Do you think it could have been that your oaksterdam clone was infected somehow? Also just another shot in the dark, but how well did you rinse the hydroton? Good luck man.

jimmyhoffa59

jimmyhoffa59

In post 45 your net pot is only like half full and you said a couple were like that. For how long? Also just another shot in the dark, but how well did you rinse the hydroton? Good luck man.

Raised the dog chow all the way on all of them, I will be covering the tops of all them as well to take care of ANY light leaks.. dunno why it is such a fucking problem for me but im going to have to try anything at this point. I still have NO IDEA why I have a totally limp plant in there right now, makes no sense and is pissing me off because after flushing it is still not perking up. Usually they do after a couple hours.. ugh

B

Baddog

Sorry to here about your br algae i got some of that 2 weeks in flower after i killed it there is black particles of it in the roots i chose to leave it there! Instead of trying to clean roots! Its still there hasn't caused me any problems yet starting week 6 into flower Knock on wood! Roots are just growing around it!

jimmyhoffa59

jimmyhoffa59

Sorry to here about your br algae i got some of that 2 weeks in flower after i killed it there is black particles of it in the roots i chose to leave it there! Instead of trying to clean roots! Its still there hasn't caused me any problems yet starting week 6 into flower Knock on wood! Roots are just growing around it!

Thanks for the info share, not sure what I should do, I am highly concerned more with my wilted plant then the algae at this point... This is not my first grow.. when I have had wilted plants before they perked back up within a few hours.. well its been like 6 now and its NOT perked up..:evilgrin0040:

U

UNVME

Hey bud. I let them sit in water. I put it at about the 2nd line up from the bottom. Bottom 1/4 inch off the cube sat in water for the first couple days... I notice they roots explode from the side of the cube as much as the bottom of the cube, so why not??

I havn't noticed any issues with this..and it makes it so you dont have to start off by hand watering, either!

I didnt hand water once they were in the system once.

Sorry, not enough posts to PM :)

F

farmer ed

Hey Jimmyhoffa I have been following your journal and understand what you are going through, I have had this before in some of my earlier UCDWC grows. I have found that dialing in the UCDWC is strictly beneficial bacteria and probiotics that will provide you with a nice healthy rootzone. When I install one of these systems for a client I pretreat the entire system for 4-5 days with 85 billion colonies of fresh probiotics and leave running in my shop. The bacteria needs to embed itself to the grow media (hydroton - higromite etc) as well as the entire system walls and pipes. Keeping the epicenter as a bacterial community will ensure proper colonization. I would suggest at least treating your system with Companion, it contains 43 million beneficial Bacillus subtilis GB03 bacteria which will keep your system algae free and create a healthier root zone. I have a grow journal listed here , I don't want to hijack your thread by adding this link, I just want to share info with you.

jimmyhoffa59

jimmyhoffa59

Shit I know what your saying.. after the Physan was running is when I noticed all my plants going to shit.. I should have just let the algae shit take over I guess.. They were at least still growing.. now I have nothing.

420CreationZ

i think that your plants may have a disease like the tabacco mosaic disease. My plants were doing the same thing..... once they have it there is no cure for it. Could be the genetics. I would start over with nice healthy plants.

Top Bottom