707finishers first indoor grow, small tent.

• Thread starter 707finisher
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
707finisher

707finisher

2x2 for the moms, the 3 new ones are a little sad still but coming around, they are in the incubator now, it’s an easy environment to control. I want a small led for in here. 4000k
01F5BF0D C5BB 4B8A 8320 80DE8B41873C

707finisher

707finisher

I am moving everything into my garage, into the large built in cabinets I have there, it’s colder over all, but access will be much easier, and as someone suggested, if there’s an issue of fire or something... idk I wasn’t worried about it, but I can conceal it in my garage almost as well. Time to get rid of some crap I don’t use.

707finisher

707finisher

Thinking the hps and half the 240w4000k in the 2x4, the other half in the 32” with the 125w 3000k and the burple for fun. If some better options come along at some point I will explore them then. I’m sort of going nuts waiting lol.
Might try an hlg or a mars led in my new mom tent set up. And would like to get another 125w 3000k or 2...

707finisher

707finisher

Honestly I want 2 of every light setup to do side by side comparison in 2x4 tent. For the science of it, see everyone talking, I’m eventually going to get it all my self and see, instead of listen to more talk. I got involved in a conversation on Rollitup.com whew man. People all pissed off over led light brands lol.
Good night 🌙

707finisher

707finisher

So I woke up this morning, no power, got my generator running my veg and flower tent and clone machine now, all my other extension cords are on a job so I canT plug in my 2x2 moms ugh

pg&e sucks it’s been raining and winding MY WHOLE LIFE IN HUMBOLDT COUNTY
Why this last year every time the wind blows and it rains we lose power. I want to go solar, part of testing led for the future I want a solar powered grow.

707finisher

707finisher

Lights been off 2 hrs, flower was off already, veg had a couple hours still to go, a 2 hour nap in the Middle of the day? at least the fans are going my humidity was at 85 in flower and 90 in veg

707finisher

707finisher

Got all the stuff hooked up to the generator. Moms had a 2 hr nap in the day as well. I left the timers where they were, says power shut off at 6am, I’ll adjust the time again when the power is actually back on

707finisher

707finisher

Man I’m bummed Hlg horticulture lighting group didn’t take me more seriously. I tried to tell them no one in humboldt uses led, i tried to say if they broke into this market it would give them some more credibility.

I tried to tell them I’m really involved in the community, I offered to trade my kingbrite boards for theirs, or do a side by side test run. I didn’t realize they were made in USA, and that they have single boards starting at 130 shipped. I still saved a bunch buying from kingbrite, and the boards I got are the more expensive version of what hlg makes but I wanted to try to support them locally, maybe pitch it to some of the big grows that are being built here. My friends a lawyer that’s helped a lot of them get legal, and my brother is an engineer who designs closed loop extraction systems and commercial ventilation systems etc.
I know soooo many people from working everywhere and I can really be a great salesman if I believe in the product. Maybe it’s because I wanted to test them out and they got scared cause there data is bunk. Idk, maybe I come off to strong lol.

Hey mars...... oh I already asked them...😂

707finisher

707finisher

I went into a few grow shops today just to see what would happen, I asked about leds one guy said they carry Gavita, but they don’t carry any in stock, its an expensive brand made in Netherlands. Have no knowledge of them. The grow shops are clueless to led technology, it’s embarrassing to me.

707finisher

707finisher

Anyway I’m done, so much drama and politics and skepticism in the led world. Taking my kingbrite boards with their vastly superior customer service and respect. The companies advertised themselves to me. And kingbrite will treat you right

707finisher

707finisher

Back to work, my task it not spend money on weed, grow it myself.

before the hair cut
FE398D1A 05E2 40E9 8D1E AD0105EA640A

I was going to leave them alone, but after power outage I felt they needed some help. Some of them were drooping.
99068D87 FBE5 425B 9C31 909DA61CB17E

Thinned them a little, I cut off all the lower fan leaves and the upper 2-4 large ones I cut the middle 3, I didn’t mess with any growth tips, they started perking up right away with out the excess leaves to keep alive, normally I don’t worry about it, but some of these clones had 20+ leaves lol.
04A077BC FC62 450D B511 A101389EA88D

the magic melon is thriving. After 3 months of growing it up for this I finally have clones from it ready to flower. At this point I think I could just run this one strain and have plenty of cuttings

see the cilantro? Lol

707finisher

707finisher

Also I forgot to note, the ph had spiked already so I tossed the water and started over with ph super thrive and grow 1ml. The root hormone gel smells like shit, and is slimy, after 3-4 days of warm water it really got stinky, I’m keeping the temp cooler as well.

707finisher

707finisher

This is my uvb test, Mercury vapor bulb and led light, I’ve tried all kinds of led bulbs and cfl, and different times with the mercury vapor. This is the best combination for healthy plant and color I’ve gotten
1C4EC09B 764E 4937 8CE7 2FE3404ADE52

4 hrs a day uvb and 18 hrs led, it’s a new high efficiency diffused led can light, all the different leds and cfl and this can light mod works the best for growth, but the lettuce was just green no red, I tried running both on a duel timer, the uvb murdered the lettuce. I had to run the uvb for less time, it’s been very interesting, I am going to order another one to play with in the tents.

707finisher

707finisher

I read about this stuff all the time, people post these color charts and graphs and numbers, I just want to see a legit comparison. I want to test magic melon with uvb and without, under just hps and just led, using t5 supplement, I just love messing with stuff, I don’t know if I could have a 2x4 flowering 1 kind 1 plant date and just walk away for a few days at a time.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I sent hlg a link to this grow thread, I offered to promote them locally and in my thread, they ghosted me lol. Maybe I sent to long of an email and they are still reading it 😂 I guess my micro grow isn’t big enough to give me some credibility. Lol

They have a relationship with riu since their beginning.
I read about this stuff all the time, people post these color charts and graphs and numbers, I just want to see a legit comparison. I want to test magic melon with uvb and without, under just hps and just led, using t5 supplement, I just love messing with stuff, I don’t know if I could have a 2x4 flowering 1 kind 1 plant date and just walk away for a few days at a time.

The only way to do that is to have 2 dialed in cuts in 2 seperate tents or spaces with no overlap.

And the differences in light spectrum will mostly affect plant structure. The uv is in diminishing returns compared to how well the grow went and other variables like temp, humidity and nutrient uptake.

Which also may vary in plant needs depending on the light.

I say stick with what you have assuming it is sized sufficiently for the space and run with it.

Top Bottom