707finishers first indoor grow, small tent.

• Thread starter 707finisher
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
707finisher

707finisher

I’m curious if the seeds or the cuttings will end up first. My moneys on the herer lol.
Also i did the math because i was worried about pushing the 20 amp breaker everything is through. I’m using 8.9 amps for 2 fully operational tents. I’m thinking about adding another 1 amp light to flower or maybe to veg or both since I’m under my 50% power goal, but i am not sure if i need it. Listed here is my set up

Veg tent
2x2x3 tent
T5 2’4bulb
6” usb fan
4” ac infinity t4

Flower tent
2x4x5 tent
400w hps
135w 5500k cfl
6” can intake
6” ac infinity T6
80mm ac infinity duel usb fans

Been keeping the veg tent 55% humidty 60-70 degrees
Flower tent 65-85 degrees 40-50 humidity

Have been considering adding another 2 bulb t5 to the veg tent or something to add heat, seedling mat, or heat lamp.

Considering adding to the flower tent another cfl or taking the cfl out and adding 2 led side lights, like a couple cheap panels not to crazy, I have a few led flood bulbs but they are like spot lights need a much taller tent. Or maybe another 400 hps but my tents a little small for that maybe and it’s pushing my 75%max. Maybe I should just see how it goes like it is lol.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I’m curious if the seeds or the cuttings will end up first. My moneys on the herer lol.
Also i did the math because i was worried about pushing the 20 amp breaker everything is through. I’m using 8.9 amps for 2 fully operational tents. I’m thinking about adding another 1 amp light to flower or maybe to veg or both since I’m under my 50% power goal, but i am not sure if i need it. Listed here is my set up

Veg tent
2x2x3 tent
T5 2’4bulb
6” usb fan
4” ac infinity t4

Flower tent
2x4x5 tent
400w hps
135w 5500k cfl
6” can intake
6” ac infinity T6
80mm ac infinity duel usb fans

Been keeping the veg tent 55% humidty 60-70 degrees
Flower tent 65-85 degrees 40-50 humidity

Have been considering adding another 2 bulb t5 to the veg tent or something to add heat, seedling mat, or heat lamp.

Considering adding to the flower tent another cfl or taking the cfl out and adding 2 led side lights, like a couple cheap panels not to crazy, I have a few led flood bulbs but they are like spot lights need a much taller tent. Or maybe another 400 hps but my tents a little small for that maybe and it’s pushing my 75%max. Maybe I should just see how it goes like it is lol.
Take a peak here for temp humidity. If you need o can do calculations and give em to ya

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
Just a quick question out of the cosmogrows bible of never ending questions...

Your veg tent is only 3 foot tall.
How tall should i be vegging plants out to be? LOL. Sounds kinda like a dumb question, but im on my second grow. My first grow i vegged the plants till about 3 feet, and they ended up like, 3-4 ft. they didnt stretch much. Should i expect more stretch this time around? I planned to veg this blue cheese out to 3 feet and then flip to flower expecting her to grow maybe another 2 and reach the total of 5 foot where she should be. If your tent is only 3 feet tall, are you just growing smaller plants? or should i only be vegging to like 2 ft then flipping? ...

I dont know if any of that makes sense or not. Just trying to get an idea when to flip. I got a blue cheese thats like a foot, maybe a foot and a half, and i read to flip it into flower at 16 inches.(and im dumb and dont know the age, LOOL, like 2 months of stunted growth from my overwater torture)but Like wtf, that seems small? But according to what i was reading it can stretch to be 3x its size in veg. Do plants normally stretch a bit? I know each strain might be different. i get that. i plan to do a veg and flower tent, i was going to get a 6 foot tall veg tent too lol. like my normal tent. can i keep it shorter?

How tall do you guys veg your plants out to be on average? I understand everyones may be different because of grow size etc. just getting an idea.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Just a quick question out of the cosmogrows bible of never ending questions...

Your veg tent is only 3 foot tall.
How tall should i be vegging plants out to be? LOL. Sounds kinda like a dumb question, but im on my second grow. My first grow i vegged the plants till about 3 feet, and they ended up like, 3-4 ft. they didnt stretch much. Should i expect more stretch this time around? I planned to veg this blue cheese out to 3 feet and then flip to flower expecting her to grow maybe another 2 and reach the total of 5 foot where she should be. If your tent is only 3 feet tall, are you just growing smaller plants? or should i only be vegging to like 2 ft then flipping? ...

I dont know if any of that makes sense or not. Just trying to get an idea when to flip. I got a blue cheese thats like a foot, maybe a foot and a half, and i read to flip it into flower at 16 inches.(and im dumb and dont know the age, LOOL, like 2 months of stunted growth from my overwater torture)but Like wtf, that seems small? But according to what i was reading it can stretch to be 3x its size in veg. Do plants normally stretch a bit? I know each strain might be different. i get that. i plan to do a veg and flower tent, i was going to get a 6 foot tall veg tent too lol. like my normal tent. can i keep it shorter?

How tall do you guys veg your plants out to be on average? I understand everyones may be different because of grow size etc. just getting an idea.

That is going to depend on strain, lights, and training. It's kind of one of those answers I know but it holds true. You can get a general idea with seat time and knowing your setup but strains are different. Some don't stretch but maybe a couple of inches. Some can almost triple is size on flip (dealing with that atm). Why a lot of us select moms and run clone instead of a constant seed flip. I generally top once at the 4th node and none after that so my plants stretch quite a bit on flip since there is 4 main tops with no training or topping on them. They almost always double in size at least which keeps veg time low.

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
That is going to depend on strain, lights, and training. It's kind of one of those answers I know but it holds true. You can get a general idea with seat time and knowing your setup but strains are different. Some don't stretch but maybe a couple of inches. Some can almost triple is size on flip (dealing with that atm). Why a lot of us select moms and run clone instead of a constant seed flip. I generally top once at the 4th node and none after that so my plants stretch quite a bit on flip since there is 4 main tops with no training or topping on them. They almost always double in size at least which keeps veg time low.

Appreciate it man! Thats cool,just trying to get an understanding of what to expect, ill take a peak at the strains im growing, and see their average size and how much they stretch. Thanks for the info man! Im going to have to get into the cloning part once i get these things growing good lol.

707finisher

707finisher

I veg till I think the plant has enough growth nodes to have a good amount of flowers , I grow it sideways, from very young usually, look at my baby romie clone in the one gallon, make a lower frame of branches like a mini screen of green. the herer in the pic I thought was a male and didn’t start training it, I put them in flower and they are about 12-14” tall hopefully lol, like cemchris said they will all be different, I just keep bending them. If you look up in my thread you’ll see me almost break my wedding cake that had stretched to the moon. My flower tent is 5’ my lights take up the top 14” my garden has to stay about 3’ max to account for pots dirt and the frame under it for ventilation and the lights above. If it gets to cookoo I will top, I am going to try to use timing and training instead of topping this run.

707finisher

707finisher

I’m also just using bonsai training I have no growing weed experience, just lots of plant experience.

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
I veg till I think the plant has enough growth nodes to have a good amount of flowers , I grow it sideways, from very young usually, look at my baby romie clone in the one gallon, make a lower frame of branches like a mini screen of green. the herer in the pic I thought was a male and didn’t start training it, I put them in flower and they are about 12-14” tall hopefully lol, like cemchris said they will all be different, I just keep bending them. If you look up in my thread you’ll see me almost break my wedding cake that had stretched to the moon. My flower tent is 5’ my lights take up the top 14” my garden has to stay about 3’ max to account for pots dirt and the frame under it for ventilation and the lights above. If it gets to cookoo I will top, I am going to try to use timing and training instead of topping this run.

Okay okay, i think im a little far in my grow now for alot of the LST. Like i have already almost foot and a half tall plants. i know i can bend some side branches down, but as far as doing shit with the main stalk im kinda fucked huh? But good information. i have alot of room so i think ill wait till about 2 feet tall to flower in hopes they reach about 5 ft? i heard plants can triple in size in flower. so thats what ill go with. im going to have to get crafty and make a little scrog net.. thanks again for the tips.

707finisher

707finisher

This plant up top was
Flower tent is off now, pics tonight of that.
The magic melon isn’t growing quite as fast as I’d like but its coming back nicely.
16 inches or so. I didn’t train it cause I mistook it for male, not to late to start training

707finisher

707finisher

Just gently pinch the stem where you want it to bend, it can take a while, do not hurry, the plant will bend unbelievably, just not fast. Roll it in your fingers pressing firmly, I hold the top and start bending it a few inches back and forth. Start as low as possible, but as high as you feel confident about the plant flexing. Some are really brittle like wedding cake. Once you get a small amount of bend wire it in place to a stake or something. Takes days and days, I’ve been training the jack hair back down for probably a week.

707finisher

707finisher

Continued bending the jack herer, now that the top is bent over good I released it and am now working back down the trunk slowly bending it more, once its started its a little easier in the next steps.
C91AFA58 6493 4D32 BE0F BB82697DB62A
0E79EA6C 4514 4FB2 A16E B674CD61285F
C1246C2D 5007 46DC 9EA6 5601976A7AD5
41105798 C9EF 4CAA BE22 3D3DBFCCA2D0

707finisher

707finisher

Planted 9 seeds, 3 were immature bag weed lol.
The 6 herer sprouted and 2 of the dosido(I’m calling it dosiwhat lol I don’t know what its pollinated with.
C0A30335 BE1E 4BDD 9AFF BBB1532F49FF
152A0304 C4ED 41B5 9E0A 9A75F7EC3281

I am maxed on room in here, going to have to put the herer and the melon in to flower soon.

707finisher

707finisher

The wedding cake is fully recovered from bending, i think its done stretching so I’m going to leave it like this and see if it fills out at all.
1B0DF54D 08B3 452A AC5F FF99E3E205E5

The other girls just keep right on doing their thing even though they are unhappy, still a little damp to water, tomorrow night ill water again.

Here’s a pic of my tent inside, Pretty small lol. Is the cfl crazy? It seems to help, not near as bright as the 400 but its brighter than my t5, or more watts at least. It needed something, that’s why i was considering a small led on each side to supplement. But I don’t know yet what this set up can do as it is. It’s just for me to smoke lol
ADBF74CB B055 48BE 8FB2 73635F550678

707finisher

707finisher

For my flower tent I’m considering a 150w hps, on amazon for 60$ or a 250w hps, but another 400w is same price as 250w. I really think some extra light in the left corner will help. See how the cfl work till i decide what to do.

707finisher

707finisher

Made a bunch of bubble hash today with my friend, going to get my own bags for the stuff I’m growing. Also going to try coconut oil instead of butter like i normally use. Anyone have bubble hash tricks? I had some mountain sugar that was like pure trichrome mushroom head once, so clean and pure!!! Makes any other extract seem like trash, I’ve been ruined. I made stuff that melts and bubbles but nothing like that, there’s gotta be tricks to it. Ive been thinking about it.

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
youre making me nervous bending that big plant LOL. I mean, im not questioning you, i dont know how to train at all, thats my goal this grow, is kinda learn more of that. I just see that picture and i get nervous for you. LOOL, im sure that shits going to turn out awesome tho, im very interested to see how that late training goes on the big plant ur pulling down. Keep that one updated for sure. :D

As for the rest, the wedding cake is looking nice. Lil sad? but shell perk right back up im sure.

Here’s a pic of my tent inside, Pretty small lol. Is the cfl crazy? It seems to help, not near as bright as the 400 but its brighter than my t5, or more watts at least. It needed something, that’s why i was considering a small led on each side to supplement. But I don’t know yet what this set up can do as it is. It’s just for me to smoke lol

i like your medium but productive garden. Its not to small, its not to big, Theres enough going on, but its not overwhelming. Youre making good use for the space. I dont know much about lighting, im to new. But i wanted to comment on the nice organized garden. :D

SO I meant to post that HOURS ago, i guess i never posted it and left the thread, anyways As for your recent updates, i cant comment much, i dont know much about lighting like said above^^. infact i posted a lighting question myself im still waiting for an answer on. But for the hash, check out canucks bubble hash tutorial. I mean, im sure theres easier better ways or some shit, but it might get your brain stirring a little bit? Something to ponder upon?

Youtube - Canucks Bubble Hash Tutorial W/ Washing Machine! <----------

707finisher

707finisher

Thank you :) i try. It’s been about 2 weeks bending that big one down, i gotta flower it but i keep waiting for some reason. The wedding cake is actually looking the healthiest color wise of all 8 plants i started flowering.

Top Bottom