72 Year Old Grandma Taking Urine Test For First Time After Using Cannibus Two Weeks Ago!

• Thread starter Maxine6
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Maxine6

I am scared to death right now. Have never tried Cannibus till 2 weeks ago, in the liquid elixir, with high CBD, low THC cannabis. CBD, cannabinoids are the active components for my pain relief. I have never used any form of cannibus in my life, but am desperate to get out of back pain. I've been going to my pain management doctor for almost 10 yrs. He has just started asking for urine test like 2 weeks ago. I couldn't go, so didn't give one. Now I'll be seeing him in 3 days for the renewal of my pain meds and I bet he's going to ask for a urine test again. Not sure if I can get away with not giving one again. I bought a kit that detoxes that is suppose to be done the day before you see the doctor.

I've been reading everything possible on this sight to see what I should do to have a clean urine test. I've only taken this liquid elixir twice, 1/2 tsp. at a time at night. That was done on 11/14 and 11/15. I had a reaction to it and haven't taken any since then and don't ever plan on doing it again until I move to a state where it's legal medically. Our state hasn't passed it yet, hoping they do soon. I can't afford to not have the pain meds right now due to severe back pain.

I don't know what to do to make sure that nothing shows up. Does anyone have any idea if my stopping it about 2 weeks ago and only using it twice before that, if it will show up? My husband even offered to do the urine test himself and pass it on to me as you just go in there restroom and you are not watched. Just not sure if they can detect a difference in one of mine they might have checked 2 months ago or if a man's urine is going to be different than a woman's?

I was going to send my husband to the drugstore to get a pre-test kit for me to check it at home, not sure which one to get. Also after reading everything, now I'm scared to use the $50 detox kit.

Any help would be so greatly appreciated as this is scaring me to death and at my age with my heart, I can't deal with this amount of stress. So, please someone, let me know what is the course of action I should do to pass this test.

Thanks, Maxine6

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

Can you borrow someone's urine that is clean?
They don't watch you pee.
Elmers glue bottle cleaned out.
Hand warmer taped to the glue bottle to keep urine above 98°
Aquarium sticker thermometer to make sure temp is correct.
The glue bottle is perfect.
It will give the pee suds they look for.
My mother in law is dealing with the same thing.

Power OG

Power OG

Usally if you have a dirty urine for weed, they will usally only gove you half you pain meds and have you come back in 15days to test again, its about the $ not the weed, they dnt give 2 shits, and i live in the worst state period. All they want is money , you do realize you can beat them pain pills with cannabis. Been clean and off pharmaceuticals for 4 years, i failed every urine test for pot, and it just cost more $ and time but never did it cost me meds. Good luck on beating the pain killers.

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
With as little cannabis as you've ingested you have likely metabolized all the residual cannabis over the last two weeks. That isn't for certain, but generally 10-14 days for non habitual users is all cannabis lasts in the system.

If you're stressed go ahead and pre-screen yourself with any one of those home test kits from the pharmacy.

Growin Grass

Growin Grass

Who made the medicine your taking?
If your tincture is truly low thc I'd think your golden. The manufacturer could be lying about the contents or not know that his product is being contaminated with thc in the extraction process which could lead to positive test results, but if it is mostly cbd the standard urine test shouldn't pick up on the trace amounts of thc you'd be ingesting
That being said I'm not a scientist nor a doctor and this is simply my deduction of my understanding

Try the over the counter tests
Oh and if you get the chance keep us updated

Last edited:
Growin Grass

Growin Grass

copied and pasted from leafly article

This article is sponsored by CannaVest, one of the leading suppliers of agricultural hemp-derived CBD from seed to finished products.

Whether you agree with it in principle or not, testing for illicit drug use is a reality for many workers in the United States. Drug testing is mandatory for federal employees, and although it isn’t required in the private sector, more employers are implementing some kind(s) of drug screening.

When drug testing is mandated, employers almost always follow the SAMHSA (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration) guidelines because it puts them on solid legal ground. Typically, there is an overlap between testing guidelines and accepted cutoff levels for drugs and drug metabolites in confirmatory testing and screening.

Because THC is widely recognized as being responsible for marijuana's psychoactivity and euphoria, a routine urine drug screen for marijuana use consists of an immunoassay with antibodies that are made to detect it, and its main metabolite, 11-nor-delta9-caboxy-THC (THC-COOH). SAMHSA has set the cutoff level for a positive urine screen in the immunoassay at 50 ng/mL. When the immunoassay screen is positive at the > 50 ng/mL level, a confirmatory GC/MS (Gas Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry) test is performed to verify the positive urine screen. The confirmatory GC/MS has a cutoff level of 15 ng/mL and is specific only to the 11-nor-THCCOOH metabolite.

q2Xac9UgQf2CyAV6KBgK_thc-cbd-structural-differences.jpg

Fortunately, the urine drug screen for THC-COOH is known to have very little cross-reactivity to other cannabinoids that are not psychoactive, such as CBD (cannabidiol), CBG (cannabigerol), CBN (cannabinol), and others. This is good news for “normal” consumers of CBD/hemp oil.

That said, individuals using unusually large doses of a cannabinoid-rich hemp oil product (above 1000-2000 mg of hemp oil daily) could theoretically test positive during the initial urinary screen. Although very rare, the urine screen in these cases would likely represent a “false positive” due to other non-THC metabolites or compounds, which may cross-react with the immunoassay. When this is the case, the confirmatory GC/MS test would be negative, since CBD and other cannabinoids will not be detected by the more accurate (and specific) GC/MS screen.

Keep in mind that most of the high-quality, reliable CBD-rich hemp oil products contain much less THC than marijuana. For example, hemp contains anywhere from 1/10th to 1/300th of the THC concentration found in marijuana. An individual consuming 1000-2000 mg per day of hemp oil would thus consume approximately 3-6 mg of THC. This exceedingly high dose may result in detection of positive urine screen in up to 11% to 23% of assays.

uwr4tQIiTcezTVCiPAqQ_thc-cbd-test.jpg

On the other hand, there is some data demonstrating that at daily doses of 0.5mg of THC from 3-5 servings of most commercial CBD-rich hemp oil products, the positive urine screen rate is < 0.2%. Again, most servings of typical high-quality, high-purity CBD-based hemp oil products contain well below 0.1mg of THC and therefore have over 400-600 times less THC than marijuana products.

What does all this mean? Put simply, a consumer who uses a high-quality, scientifically vettedhemp-based product at the standard serving size is highly unlikely to test positive for THC and/or THC-COOH. However, it’s important to be cognizant that extremely high doses may result in a positive urine screen (that would be subsequently shown to be false via GC/MS). Ultimately, consumers need to be fully informed of the specific regulations posed by their employers and adjust their consumption of cannabinoid products accordingly.

Note: Most research suggests that for infrequent or 'non-daily' users of cannabis, a typical high-dose marijuana cigarette (containing about 40mg to 50mg of THC) would result in a positive THC metabolite screen for up to two days at this cutoff level. However, for routine and regular users of cannabis, this same screen could be positive for weeks, but this depends on many factors including, but not limited to:

• how much and how often cannabis is used
  • the metabolism of individual being tested
  • the route of administration
  • other factors such as medications used, liver or kidney disease, etc.
This article is based on SAMHSA standards. Other organizations' drug testing standards may vary, so keep in mind that the findings presented in this article may differ under alternative standards. If you have any concern about testing positive for THC when using CBD-containing hemp oil, please seek advice from your health care professional.

M

Maxine6

Now, you really have me confused????? Or else you were just trying to be funny. Maxine6

M

Maxine6

Usally if you have a dirty urine for weed, they will usally only gove you half you pain meds and have you come back in 15days to test again, its about the $ not the weed, they dnt give 2 shits, and i live in the worst state period. All they want is money , you do realize you can beat them pain pills with cannabis. Been clean and off pharmaceuticals for 4 years, i failed every urine test for pot, and it just cost more $ and time but never did it cost me meds. Good luck on beating the pain killers.
Hi Power OG,
I've had 8 slip and falls since 2003. Was a competitive tennis player for 35 yrs., never fell on the court. Between the "freakish" accidents, like falling on the ice on my tailbone twice and other things, a lot of damage has been done to my spine. Bone against bone from L-3 to S-1 and osteoarthritis in my whole spine and hips and knee's, so my pain level is usually every morning about a 8 and is up and down all day. Sitting kill's me. That's why I wanted to try the Cannibas to see if it would help me. I had no idea that it would stay in your system that long or I wouldn't have even tried it in my state and won't again. We are thinking of moving to the Carolina's to be by our daughter and it's more legal there, definitely not in Fl. It didn't pass, but I sure voted for it. So my dream is to eventually get off all pain meds as I don't like to take them. I just live in pain all the time, even wake up in the middle of the night. I'm so happy that you were able to get off them.
Thanks for the help,
Maxine6

M

Maxine6

M

Maxine6

Smokey503ski,
Wouldn't it be easier to send my husband in first, let him pee, he could hide it in the bathroom and I could go in right after him? I think that would be easier, don't you?
I hope things get better for your Mom. Until I move to another state, I won't use it again, it's not worth the stress.
Maxine6

M

Maxine6

If it's a going to be in his office the likely hood of detection between male and female will be nil (routine test).

Single panel drug test kit is what you want (marijuana only).

http://norml.org/marijuana/drug-testing/drug-testing-tips/item/drug-testing-tips

http://www.wikihow.com/Get-Pot-Out-of-Your-System

Detox Kits are a waste of money

Good Luck

Indicabush,
I didn't know that they were a waste of money. Read a lot about it on line before I found this great site, so I might as well use it and get rid of whatever is bad in my body, like the Thrush in my mouth right now. That's caused by the steroids that I'm using in my eye drops after cataract surgery that I have to use.

I'm having trouble finding the test kits in the stores right now. The drugstores, so many you have to order and I don't have the time right now, the appt. is on Tuesday. Anyone have any suggestions, Walgreen's, Publix, CVS? Need to buy it today.
Maxine6

M

Maxine6

copied and pasted from leafly article

This article is sponsored by CannaVest, one of the leading suppliers of agricultural hemp-derived CBD from seed to finished products.

Whether you agree with it in principle or not, testing for illicit drug use is a reality for many workers in the United States. Drug testing is mandatory for federal employees, and although it isn’t required in the private sector, more employers are implementing some kind(s) of drug screening.

When drug testing is mandated, employers almost always follow the SAMHSA (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration) guidelines because it puts them on solid legal ground. Typically, there is an overlap between testing guidelines and accepted cutoff levels for drugs and drug metabolites in confirmatory testing and screening.

Because THC is widely recognized as being responsible for marijuana's psychoactivity and euphoria, a routine urine drug screen for marijuana use consists of an immunoassay with antibodies that are made to detect it, and its main metabolite, 11-nor-delta9-caboxy-THC (THC-COOH). SAMHSA has set the cutoff level for a positive urine screen in the immunoassay at 50 ng/mL. When the immunoassay screen is positive at the > 50 ng/mL level, a confirmatory GC/MS (Gas Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry) test is performed to verify the positive urine screen. The confirmatory GC/MS has a cutoff level of 15 ng/mL and is specific only to the 11-nor-THCCOOH metabolite.

q2Xac9UgQf2CyAV6KBgK_thc-cbd-structural-differences.jpg

Fortunately, the urine drug screen for THC-COOH is known to have very little cross-reactivity to other cannabinoids that are not psychoactive, such as CBD (cannabidiol), CBG (cannabigerol), CBN (cannabinol), and others. This is good news for “normal” consumers of CBD/hemp oil.

That said, individuals using unusually large doses of a cannabinoid-rich hemp oil product (above 1000-2000 mg of hemp oil daily) could theoretically test positive during the initial urinary screen. Although very rare, the urine screen in these cases would likely represent a “false positive” due to other non-THC metabolites or compounds, which may cross-react with the immunoassay. When this is the case, the confirmatory GC/MS test would be negative, since CBD and other cannabinoids will not be detected by the more accurate (and specific) GC/MS screen.

Keep in mind that most of the high-quality, reliable CBD-rich hemp oil products contain much less THC than marijuana. For example, hemp contains anywhere from 1/10th to 1/300th of the THC concentration found in marijuana. An individual consuming 1000-2000 mg per day of hemp oil would thus consume approximately 3-6 mg of THC. This exceedingly high dose may result in detection of positive urine screen in up to 11% to 23% of assays.

uwr4tQIiTcezTVCiPAqQ_thc-cbd-test.jpg

On the other hand, there is some data demonstrating that at daily doses of 0.5mg of THC from 3-5 servings of most commercial CBD-rich hemp oil products, the positive urine screen rate is < 0.2%. Again, most servings of typical high-quality, high-purity CBD-based hemp oil products contain well below 0.1mg of THC and therefore have over 400-600 times less THC than marijuana products.

What does all this mean? Put simply, a consumer who uses a high-quality, scientifically vettedhemp-based product at the standard serving size is highly unlikely to test positive for THC and/or THC-COOH. However, it’s important to be cognizant that extremely high doses may result in a positive urine screen (that would be subsequently shown to be false via GC/MS). Ultimately, consumers need to be fully informed of the specific regulations posed by their employers and adjust their consumption of cannabinoid products accordingly.

Note: Most research suggests that for infrequent or 'non-daily' users of cannabis, a typical high-dose marijuana cigarette (containing about 40mg to 50mg of THC) would result in a positive THC metabolite screen for up to two days at this cutoff level. However, for routine and regular users of cannabis, this same screen could be positive for weeks, but this depends on many factors including, but not limited to:

• how much and how often cannabis is used
  • the metabolism of individual being tested
  • the route of administration
  • other factors such as medications used, liver or kidney disease, etc.
This article is based on SAMHSA standards. Other organizations' drug testing standards may vary, so keep in mind that the findings presented in this article may differ under alternative standards. If you have any concern about testing positive for THC when using CBD-containing hemp oil, please seek advice from your health care professional.

Growing grass,
Thanks for taking time to explain all this to me. I don't disagree with drug testing for a job as it involves a lot of people that a person is working with everyday and they have to protect themselves. I don't think it's fair for someone with a lot of pain or other medical issues as I feel that taking it is a lot better than pain pills that do so much damage to your body. I was so hoping it would pass in Fl. during our last vote and it missed by 2 points. They are voting on it again, so I'm keeping my finger's crossed. It was put on this earth for a reason, so make it available for those of us who need it, without making us feel like we are doing something wrong. It's very much appreciated. If I can get through this one screening, then I will be okay.
Maxine6

str8smokn

str8smokn

@Maxine6 what state are you in? There's a lot of states that actually allow CBD oil,and that's it..
I'm in Mississippi and they have Medical CBD oil only,so does Tennessee. So you might really want to check on it. They wouldn't of made it a big deal when it was passed so you might not even know that it's legal for you.

Other then that Smokey has it the right way..
Good luck.
STR8

Power OG

Power OG

Being serious.
They check the urine to make sure the temperature is above 95° they want it at 98°.
I used my nieces urine and did the same method I explained and it works.
If it's below 95° you automatically fail the test.
I wish you the best of luck, im only a few states over in the swamp and bayous. So i understand i hate hiding but the alternative is not a option for me. So i will continue to medicate naturally in silence.

M

Maxine6

@Maxine6 what state are you in? There's a lot of states that actually allow CBD oil,and that's it..
I'm in Mississippi and they have Medical CBD oil only,so does Tennessee. So you might really want to check on it. They wouldn't of made it a big deal when it was passed so you might not even know that it's legal for you.

Other then that Smokey has it the right way..
Good luck.
STR8

STR8,
I'm in Florida and no it has not passed for medical purposes. Another vote coming up though.
Maxine6

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

I wouldn't take the chance of having your husband hide his urine in the bathroom.
They do look sometimes.
It's really easy using others urine in a bottle.
You wouldn't need the thermometer if he pees in it right before you leave.
Just tape a hand warmer and you will be good to go.
Where are you located? I will do a Google search for you to see if I can find a home urine screening in your town you can buy locally.

Latest posts

Top Bottom