8 site, DIY UC. 6600k virtical lighting.

• Thread starter Comercial
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Comercial

Update.

I have been busy, will have pics tomorrow decided to go with 9,000 watts, with
MH in the center and HPS on the outsides. So far so good.

Comercial

C

Comercial

New pics finally. running more wattage. NEED HELP.

( I will have to upload the pics in the A.M. farmer is having picture upload issues...sorry. but please reade below....)

- So instead of 6600k watts. I decided to go with 8 plants and 9k watts.
I'm running 3 1k watt metal halid's down the center Sunmaster blue delux, and 3x 1,000 watt HPS Eye's on the outside for 9k total.

The plants are doing good, but I feel could be doing better. My PPM's with H&G's full line has need exceeded 600PPM. And res temps staying at 62f.

I may be suffering from a little root rot, I will update with roots pics soon.
I made a mistake and forgot to panda film the tops of the totes until the end of week 2 of flower, currently where on day 24.

And Idea's on how I can combat this.. I'm running the full house and garden line. I opted to not run Hygrozyme for the first time ever, and am now regretting it.

I was thinking before week five. I would Drain then run a diluted level of just Hydrogen Peroxide and water. let it for an hour or so. Then Drain again and fill with H&G again but also add Hygrozyme Any other Idea's would greatly help. Room temps are staying at 78 to 82.

Comercial

C

Comercial

its funny

LOL nice setup for sure bro.. I HAVE to laugh on the toilet float valve though.. shit it works it works right?

Ya its funny, my buddy always cracking jocks about taking a dump in the res.

I just keep saying put your money where your mouth is, and lets see who gets more weight. He also has a 9k garden but in soil. Funny he never wants to take the bet.

Comercial

B

BudLust

things are lookin good gonna have to follow this and see how ish turns out. subbed.
+rep for DIY

-boomer

C

Comercial

Root problem? Help... Root and Plant Pics.

So last thursday, I noticed a my plants looking a little sad. I have kept my water temps at 62. Because of this I chose to wait until week 4 to do a res change. I was told this was ok that pithium does not really happen under 72 degrees. On thursday I drained and flushed, and added only a Cal Mag sumplement, I ran just the can mag suplement for 48 hours alone. Then I added roots excelerator. And last night added the rest of the full house and garden line except Algen extract.

I have a total of 180 gallons of water:

Aqua flakes A = 600ml
Aqua Flakes B = 600ML
Roots excel = 200ml
Drip clean = 75ml
bud XL = 400ml
Top Booster = 500ml
(did not use Algen extract)

I took this feeding chart from here.

I run most things except roots excelerator at 50%. I run roots excel @ 1 ml per Gallon.

I was going to add Hygrozyme, but some one told me that if I have root rot it could actually make it worse.

My PPM's where at 850 when i left I figure after a few circulations this will go down.

Also (No CO2) 2 ton a/c unit and 8 inch intake fan keeps room temps at 82 when the lights are on and 64 when there off.

I have 2 big air stones in each 27 gallon tote, next run I will add more.so this should not be a problem.

Any help for this round will be great, plants actually look "ok" but would like to get this dialed for next round.

Much love

Comercial.

Root2
Root3
babyhughie586

babyhughie586

62 degrees is too cold... get them up to 66-68... root rot is soo hard to get rid of once its as bad as it is in the pics you got.. get them temps up asap and completly cover those buckets with panda film you may have some light leaks sumwhere... also check around the uniseals for algae... how big are your air pumps??? what kind??? running 2 stones in each bucket you have to have atleast 2 pondmaster ap-100s... i am also growning purple wreck in my grow right now... shit is dank check it out.... also that 1800gph pump will clog up them pipes it will pull the water too fast through the system i would switch it out for a 900gph max

D

Dubsta

That sucks, Id get those out of there and clean the system and get new clones in there, they will do much better if those even make it witch i highly dont think they will make it threw out flower w/ roots like that. Mine were practicly dead when i didn't use a chiller it looked like that after a few weeks in, not as bad and they died a few days later, leafs like started getting all wavy and werid colored spots. sucked. Gotta get them rez temps perfecto 68deg i believe is perfect.

At least get some clones started now in case these do die witch they might. Root Rot that far is hard to get rid of.

C

Comercial

Wow

I have clones ready right now. I also changed my temps to 68 so will see. I will decide in the next two days to pull them or keep going. :( not too happy at the moment. I'm gonna go get work on my other U/C and get drunk.

Peace, Comercial

That sucks, Id get those out of there and clean the system and get new clones in there, they will do much better if those even make it witch i highly dont think they will make it threw out flower w/ roots like that. Mine were practicly dead when i didn't use a chiller it looked like that after a few weeks in, not as bad and they died a few days later, leafs like started getting all wavy and werid colored spots. sucked. Gotta get them rez temps perfecto 68deg i believe is perfect.

At least get some clones started now in case these do die witch they might. Root Rot that far is hard to get rid of.

C

Comercial

Thanks

How big are your rockwool cubes and how high is your water level?

Physan 20 will get rid of your brown algae but your roots will stay brown. You'd be suprised what ugly roots can still do. Looks like your halfway through bud anyways.

Youd be wise to to start out fresh. Im using dutch master zone and dutch master nutes with no problems. Good Luck bro. I got cuts for ya if your in Eastern Oregon.

Thanks thompsonsemail. They actually look better it might be worth sticking it out. I appreciate the offer. Going to weigh my options in the next few days.

Next time I think im going to drain and flush every week like i use to.

Thanks, Comercial

4.D.

I would use the physan and not the hygrozyme. I actually have a bottle of physan somewhere, I can hook you up if I can find it. Theres a place about an hour away that sells it. Be sure to remove the crappy roots and use a hydrofungucide as part of your regular feed sched. And believe it or not you can actually use chlorine bleach, I learned that from the mpb forum, theres chlorine and chloramine in the water anyway since your not using a filter. Chloramine is chlorine with an ammonia bond, its much more stable and doesnt gas off quickly like chlorine does. I think that the ratio was a few drops to a gallon, have a look around in the mpb forum i think it was lost or dizzle that used bleach. Commercial hydrofarms (not you Comercial, but actual commercial farmers) use bleach when grown

4.D.

I'll save you some time since I know your a busy dude, you can thank me later when we meet up:)

I wanted to give a method I figured out for treating sick plants in the MPB's

when you first notice that one plant isnt growing as fast as the other, or a plant are stopped growing as fast as it once was,and is now falling behind plants it was growing at the same pace with, that plant is probably sick and you should start checking over the plant over for whats wrong and then keeping a close very eye on it.

If you come to the conclusion that the plant has some sort of root infection, first you should do is to drain the system , flush with 1tsp physan20 per 15gals for 4 hours, fill and drain again to get any additional crap out of the system, then fill the system and dose with 4ml hydrofungicide per gallon. fill the system up but cut the feedline going to the sick plant right before its about to start to over flow, that way there is just the 15gal or so in that tub and that water isnt going to go back to the main res.

at this point add another tsp or hydrofingicide to the tub of the sick plant. now figure you should at a tsp of hydrofungicide a every other day to the sick plant, and adding water to fill it up to just below the feed line by opening the peacock valve on from the main feedline and allowing water from the main res to fill the tub. I had to do it about every 3-4 days

I also treated the main res every 3-4days with hydrofungicide until I was sure that the roots were not getting sick too.

after 10days the roots are all popping white again., the sick plant that I ripped about 50% of its roots off, has a tub full of completely white roots, the plants are perfectly healthy once again, roots are popping white

I think its a good idea not to let the sick plants res over flow again until harvest, that way you can just add water into the tub every 3 days or so and you dont have to worry about infecting the rest of the plants or having to rip out a plant that is sick but could probably make it.

hope that makes sense Im quite burnt

4.D.

another good option is aqua sheild, or an ewc tea. I have heard that teas are the best against the dreaded slime, since it has beneficials that eat the slime.

M

mrdizzle

hey bro those are toast. I would yank them they are really far gone. you might be able to get them thru but its probably better to get some fresh ones going.
I sent you a PM that I hope helps some

babyhughie586

babyhughie586

thompsonemail has a great point there make sure your water level is atleast 2 inches below your RW... this was a huge problem for me when i started my grow but i caught it early enough to correct the problem before it affected my plants

C

Comercial

How big are your rockwool cubes and how high is your water level?

Physan 20 will get rid of your brown algae but your roots will stay brown. You'd be suprised what ugly roots can still do. Looks like your halfway through bud anyways.

Youd be wise to to start out fresh. Im using dutch master zone and dutch master nutes with no problems. Good Luck bro. I got cuts for ya if your in Eastern Oregon.

I have great starts ready to go, but thanks for the offer.
I dont use rockwool. I go straight from my ez-cloner to the hydroton in the system. My water level has fluctuated but mainly its stayed half way up the ten inch net pot. Is that too high? Should the water level be under my net pot if so how far?

Top Bottom