8 X 315w Cmh 20x9x7 Let's Have Some Fun!

• Thread starter high420days
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
keiksweat

keiksweat

My biggest issue is not wanting something unnecessary. It stays real cool in my basement as it is, and I'm currently running 5 tons on 10k. At this numbers 2 tons should be able to handle 4K. I'm looking at about 2600w. Idk. Big decision.

Looking at $1k difference which is why it's a tough call. I could put $1k into other things (namely our wedding) and avoid a ball chopping.

Also, my buddy is swearing by the Ushio 4200k bulbs. I really want to go with the Phillips 3100k as has been discussed prior. Thoughts on this?
Phillips designed and built this cmh tech,I personally wouldn't go for another company.

Freshone

Freshone

Hey keik can you link the maxi kits?Are they similar to the growrshouse kits?Very cool they use the Philips ballast,I've always believed it's the best.I'm going to be ordering a couple kits also this weekend.

high420days

high420days

Supporter
Thanks for then input, guys. @DemonTrich so you think I should rock the 3100k for flower? I've read that 4200 can cause a higher leaf to calyx ratio. Anyone running 4200k for flower?

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

This is my 1st run with the 4k for veg and 3k for flower. Im 2 weeks until my 1st harvest. So far in veg (3x315), I'm seeing phenomenal growth vs my previous 4yrs of 3x600mh. Denser, faster growth. As for flower (4x315), I'm seeing equal growth, about 6" to 1' less stretch vs my previous 600hps grows. I'm not sure if the less stretch is due to the cmh bulb, the 3k spectrum, or another variable. I've ran all these strains before, so I know how they grow and what not.

I believe rives and hammerhead (ICmag) both use 1 bulb for veg and flower. I'm not 100% certain as I've read countless posts the past 4 months about it, and it's all jumbled in my brain now.

Imo, I'd run seperate bulbs if you have the coin to do so. Otherwise run the 4k from start to finish and see how it goes.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Hey keik can you link the maxi kits?Are they similar to the growrshouse kits?Very cool they use the Philips ballast,I've always believed it's the best.I'm going to be ordering a couple kits also this weekend.

The prism ballasts fire philips bulbs w/o any issues. I have 7 of them going strong.

high420days

high420days

Supporter
This is my 1st run with the 4k for veg and 3k for flower. Im 2 weeks until my 1st harvest. So far in veg (3x315), I'm seeing phenomenal growth vs my previous 4yrs of 3x600mh. Denser, faster growth. As for flower (4x315), I'm seeing equal growth, about 6" to 1' less stretch vs my previous 600hps grows. I'm not sure if the less stretch is due to the cmh bulb, the 3k spectrum, or another variable. I've ran all these strains before, so I know how they grow and what not.

I believe rives and hammerhead (ICmag) both use 1 bulb for veg and flower. I'm not 100% certain as I've read countless posts the past 4 months about it, and it's all jumbled in my brain now.

Imo, I'd run seperate bulbs if you have the coin to do so. Otherwise run the 4k from start to finish and see how it goes.

This is exactly the info I was looking for. Thanks bro.

MIKEZILLA

MIKEZILLA

Drywall is up! Next comes the mud.

Topic for discussion: AC. Is 2 ton enough? Or should I go 3? My balls are on the line with the misses lol. Cost/benefit...
Solar! Got my balls off the chopping block @ last! Looking good pal! Cant wait to see the finished room! You will kill it I am sure!

keiksweat

keiksweat

sorry pal,tried to earlier.frivkin phone is caca.

Freshone

Freshone

The prism ballasts fire philips bulbs w/o any issues. I have 7 of them going strong.
That's what I'll be ordering,I think in the beginning there were alot of shitty knock offs but they have come a long ways.Hard to beat the deal on the prism setups at GH.I have a gavita room that I'm going to start off mixing 50/50 with the prism setups in wings,if I see the results I'm hoping for I'll do all CMH on the other side.

Last edited:
MIKEZILLA

MIKEZILLA

IMG 1550

high420days

high420days

Supporter
Water filtration and storage, check.

Odor control, check.

Muffled blower, check.

Hit Amazon for some peripherals tonight. Float valve, y splitter for plumbing, hose, etc.

Clones are decently healthy; ones in red cups which are about 10 days ahead are HUNGRY. Hoping my BAS order lands early next week :/

Also been looking into auto watering system for these Earthboxes. Wondering if raising 55 gal would provide enough pressure to make system work. Gotta make some calls Monday. Night all.

IMG 4430
IMG 4431
IMG 4432
IMG 4433
keiksweat

keiksweat

Nice dude. Just got call from logistics company too and BAS pallet will be delivered Thursday! I'm getting fired the fuck up!!!
thanks pal.....love Phillips....they know there shit bro...contemplating getting a couple of the Phillips horticulture far red,red led strips for side lighting....makes sense to me,extra red,then run the daylight bulbs....
think I'm gonna have to get one,do a side by side.plain cmh 315,3100k agro bulb ,the one side.then one cmh 4200k daylight bulb,supplemented with Phillips horti led far red strip,be really interesting.that 4200k bulb looks even better spec to me,when you look at the spectrum graph printout.only thing missing,extra reds....

surfguitar

surfguitar

This should be good! I'm gonna be trying out one 315 lec for a test run very soon, once I can get these stupid clones to root haha. Should be a pretty badass room with those earthboxes and BAS soil! That's kinda the route I'm going but with way more plants and way less lights haha

gingerhazed

gingerhazed

Curious where you landed on the a/c? I've always thought you wanted 6k btu/1000w non air cooled so I would assume that the 2 ton would be plenty. I'm thinking I'm going to run a 1.5 ton for the 6 light room I'm designing. definitely following along for this ride though!!

Top Bottom