8k 5mpb first grow

• Thread starter aleYarok
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
aleYarok

aleYarok

welcome to our journal.
this is what me and my dad have been up to, been planning this for months and building it out the last month.

we are almost done setting the room up, all that's left to do is hook up the air pump and stones. and of course drop in some clones.

8k lumatek digital dimmable
(does anyone use these? there's 1000w and SuperLumens? whats the difference? superlumens seems a bit cooler of a spectrum?)
cool tubes
30,000 btu a/c
1/2 hp chiller
ap-pondmaster 100
sealed w/ co2
2500gph pump fills the buckets and runs through the chiller
small pump for drip feed (not in photos, dad just put it in this morning)

hoping to find a good cut of blackberry kush for this run, last option is just grabbing cuts of purple kush from oaksterdam

couldnt have done any of this without this forum and the members; DDs, dizzle, lost, bossman, easy, coxie, ect....

nutes: (need the most help with this)
AN sensi line
AN B52
AN bud ignitor
AN big bud
AN overdrive
hydrofungicide

should i get the HG nutes like root excell and algen extract along with the hydro fungicide? are they needed?
all these nutes are confusing.

8k 5mpb first grow
8k 5mpb first grow 2
8k 5mpb first grow 3
8k 5mpb first grow 4
8k 5mpb first grow 5
8k 5mpb first grow 6
aleYarok

aleYarok

its hard to get good photos in there, i need to get a wider lens

C

Coxie

Good lookin' room bro, I'm pulling up a chair, and cleaning out the bong for this one.

JPLord01

JPLord01

Have you filled the system up yet? That is a lot of pump for 5 tubs you may have a lot of strane on the pump when you start closing the shout offs to the tubs. I will be checking on this one. What are you going to do with the floor? You may want to put in a pond linner. Your setup looks nice good luck. AN A&B grow and bloom you will be happy. Root Exell is good if you want to give your root a good jump start give them
HYGOZYME. If you are starting your plants off in your room then run one light the first week. You PPM for the first week should be like no higher then 250 to 300 PPMs.

Mike49048

Mike49048

Love the set up. Your first grow you say.... well if that's the case impressive. I going to enjoy watching how this turns out.
:rock

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Looking good,
have you fired it all up yet? Dig the linoleum floor.
Superlumens is a higher voltage setting that drives the bulbs harder.
What are the dimensions of the room?

J

jakew215

mhmmm im likin this one...

looks amazing. whats the bucket/light layout?

aleYarok

aleYarok

yes the system has been filled up, right now its running with a bit bleach to clean in out. its all running good, about 70 gallons in the res and 14g for each bucket, the pump is working great, remember it also feeds the chiller, not just 5 buckets.
we where thinking about pond liner but i think we are just going to leave it how it is. we ripped up the carpet that was there and found that old linoleum.

HYGOZYME - do you run this with the hydrofungicide?

the total room is 16x16, the grow area is 16x10
p = plant x = light
x _x
pxp
xpx
pxp
x_x

gonna run this setup for a couple harvest and then change it up, get bigger centers as right now they are only like 48" (eventually id like to get some land up north, nice natural sunshine, would love to see how these buckets do in a green house... all organic nutes)

thinking about putting some soil plants on the long edges of the room to catch up some extra light/help yield/variety (really want some cali connect or tga, checking harborside today for seeds)

yes this our first grow but im fairly confident in ourselves to pull this off. we did have help putting the room together and all the electrical work, and of course reading every single thread in this forum

600gph

600gph

Have you filled the system up yet? That is a lot of pump for 5 tubs you may have a lot of strane on the pump when you start closing the shout offs to the tubs. I will be checking on this one. What are you going to do with the floor? You may want to put in a pond linner. Your setup looks nice good luck. AN A&B grow and bloom you will be happy. Root Exell is good if you want to give your root a good jump start give them
HYGOZYME. If you are starting your plants off in your room then run one light the first week. You PPM for the first week should be like no higher then 250 to 300 PPMs.

Why you think 500 gph per tub is to much...I run over 600 gph with no problems...

mc

M

mrdizzle

the room looks great brother I think the lighting plans

I dont think there is not such thing as too fast for the bottom feed pump, you really want to have that water exchanging fast and furious

the only thing you might want to change after your first run is the 4in PVC is best put on the wall side of the tubs so you can get in to check out the plants, in my second room I did it like you and everytime I wanted to get to the back plants I had to slide on my stomach under the PVC, needless to say I loathed that shit

also one thing you want to consider is a sump pump gets super hot and pulls around 6amps, and Im not sure how they do running 24/7, you can get a pondmaster 2400 that pulls I think 1.7 and doesnt get hot at all.

chrometrichs

chrometrichs

Great looking setup, I like the pvc feed lines with the vinyl tubing, and the flexible drain tubing is the shit!

I'd follow dizzle's advice and get a danner 2400, I once had a sump pump overheat, crack and spill oil in the res...nightmare.

You might also consider running 7 plants in that room it looks like you've got enough space....
OXO
XOX
OXO
XOX
OXO

I swear by the roots xcl and algen, but I also use sm90 or hydrofungicide as well.

Hope you have a smooth run....

aleYarok

aleYarok

im pretty small and nimble, dont mind having to crawl around once its gets filled with my lovely ladies.

it looks like a sump pump, but its actually direct drive, thanks for looking out though, oil in res sounds nasty!

ended up at harbor side yesterday, got 5 bubbas for the buckets, and then 3 lemon og and 3 cadillac (purple urkle x blackberry kush x the black)
the og and cadi will be in soil on the sides of the room, was almost tempted to get 5 of those cadis and try it out, sounds dank, the bud tender recommenced it. cant find any info online though about it....

R

Recessionman

u deff look like u know what u doing man.. props. i was wondering if you can help me out to get some mpbs going for myself? thx bro

C

Comercial

Did you just zip tie those cages to the 4'' return line or to what? I cant really see.

S

socalsinner

Nice work. On the pump I like Danner Magnetic 1800 GPH on the Feed. Fucking awesome pumps. They never go out on me...

B

biggs

another kick ass room. fairplay to everyone using these systems. they are seriously sick. good luck with yours bro.

Top Bottom