8k 5mpb first grow

• Thread starter aleYarok
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Bobby Smith

Rez temps could play a role as well - not guaranteeing that it's pH problems, just taking an educated guess based off of the evidence presented.

If you wanted to take the time to fill out that big ass template, it'd probably help us all help you out a lot better.

Either way, don't start freaking out - the plants are gonna be delayed for a week+ because of this, but they're still salvageable.

Just took another look, and the first pic in particular looks like a textbook pH issue. The other plants look like they're lacking in some combination of cal or mag, which would also be indicative of a pH swing locking them out.

How long have they been on a downward spiral for? A couple days? Nevermind, just saw it was just last night - you'll be fine, bro - worse comes to worse, just flush your system.

EDIT: check your airstone(s) - overwatering symptoms are the same as a plant sitting in stagnant, non-oxygenated water.

aleYarok

aleYarok

the airstones are going strong. must be ph. where is this template u speak off? thanks so much for your help, hopefully things get back on track. chiller was set at 55, and in the res it was 56, so i assume the buckets are around 57
filling back up with fresh water now

B

Bobby Smith

Hold on, what?

Your rez temps are at 57F?

Ding ding ding, we have a winner............get those temps up another 10F - you want from 66-68F as a rule of thumb.

aleYarok

aleYarok

fuck my bad i just wrote it wrong. i meant 65
confused myself and had to confirm with my dad, it was set at 65 i just wrote the wrong number down

i dont even know if our chiller can get the water down that low... hah it always on now as it is.

aleYarok

aleYarok

just got ph solution... looks like it was .1 off? is this really enough to make things go crazy? ph hasnt gone below 5.5 and above 6 (i let slowly creep up to 5.9-6 over a couple days and ph down 5.5
so its really been 5.6-6.1? flushing with PHed water for 2 hours then will fill with normal nutes + got cal mag

only calmag they had was botanicare cal/mg this is fine right? it has some N and iron in it too?

actually PH isnt off. went to just go calibrate it but it dropped down to 7.0 on its own, guess i didnt let the solution sit enough and was getting 7.1

sooo PH is fine
water temps fine
rockwool dry
roots in res
air stones going strong
WTH! im praying this flush makes my plants happy. PH should still be 5.5 when flushing with fresh water right?

B

Bobby Smith

At that point, if you're sure all that stuff is fine, I'm kinda at a loss - maybe one of the RDWC vets could chime in if they recognize something?

Give them a good flush and let's see what happens.

aleYarok

aleYarok

yes im hoping they come back after the flush and something was just going funky from the physan 20? idk

aleYarok

aleYarok

im still flushing the system out and lights came on. is this ok for lights to be on and for no nutrients in the water?

mikeross

mikeross

im still flushing the system out and lights came on. is this ok for lights to be on and for no nutrients in the water?

When you say flush I gotta assume your draining out your buckets completely? Are your air stones running as well during the flush. If you are draining those buckets with the air stones on I can see the roots drying out. It takes some time to fill up the rez and pump it back into the buckets. Your plants also wont look so good if you are running a very low ppm during the lights on period. I dont know what would happen if you were only running a low ppm for a couple hours. Probably nothing but I gotta assume its something to avoid.

I honestly don't know though... depends on how you flush your system. Just throwing out some ideas.

mikeross

mikeross

I got caught up with your past posts. Everything you listed seems perfect.

How old are these girls. I assume you didnt just turn on all the lights and hang them close to your girls? Could this be lumen shock?

How are you sure that your PH was slowly rising? Is it possible that it was pinned at a certain PH that would lock out some nutes?

Lastly, any chance you did a foliar treatment with the lights on? It looks like that to me as well.

Good luck bro, I hope you figure it out. I would post this up in another forum rather the the MPB forum... its been pretty slow here for awhile.

B

bakershredhead

Lumen shock!!!! Hey bro those are just clones that ya got going in those buckets. You've got way to much light on for those guys to handle. It's a hard to veg from straight clones in the mpb with that much light. It seems that you have everything dialed just to much light for them to handle. Don't rush it . I did the exact same thing my first time with my clones they never really come back from it. They will but your yields will not be good. Your in Cali so I would get some new stock and start over. Maybe turn on two lights with them raised all the way up to the ceiling on the 600 watt setting. Then every other day switch what lights are on but only run a couple of your lights. ( I.E keep alternating what two lights you have on to keep your plants growing uniformally) Keep this up until you start to get good growth. I would then ramp your ballasts up to 1000 watt setting. Than give them some more time until you have all the lights on. Once all your lights our on slowly start to lower them down. I have a 10 site room (10 x 25) and I only veg with four 1000's on a zig zag pattern for the whole room and that's after the plants have been in veg for about three weeks under a 1000 watt mh and are a pretty good size. I really don't turn all the lights on until they're pretty big and have a well established roots system. One more thing only run physan 20 in between runs for clean up. Hope this helps. Oh ya check out Jackmayoffer first uc grown and you'll see how high he has his lights for vegging and he only runs a few of them also.

M

mrdizzle

before I would ever put plants into the buckets, I would have them under a 1000w for a week or two, even if its not in some sort of veg room, you can keep the plants in a 4x4 tray in the MPB room until they get some legs, getting a little height on the plants before putting them in the bucket the plants take off

mikeross

mikeross

before I would ever put plants into the buckets, I would have them under a 1000w for a week or two, even if its not in some sort of veg room, you can keep the plants in a 4x4 tray in the MPB room until they get some legs, getting a little height on the plants before putting them in the bucket the plants take off

I agree completely. I actually veg the entire time with a 1000 hps... I just hang it up high first couple days but within 2 weeks I can get it within 15" above the canopy. I did not notice any lumen shock when I moved them into the mpb room to continue their veg, well I dont think I did. I started with all lights up high with only 2 on first day. I then turn 2 more each day until all lights are on. By end of first week veg in the mpb room all 7 lights are on and already lowered down. I think I might have been a little bit more aggressive then most.

aleYarok

aleYarok

When you say flush I gotta assume your draining out your buckets completely? Are your air stones running as well during the flush. If you are draining those buckets with the air stones on I can see the roots drying out. It takes some time to fill up the rez and pump it back into the buckets. Your plants also wont look so good if you are running a very low ppm during the lights on period. I dont know what would happen if you were only running a low ppm for a couple hours. Probably nothing but I gotta assume its something to avoid.

I honestly don't know though... depends on how you flush your system. Just throwing out some ideas.

yes drained completely, air was off while flushing
i ended up turning off the lights until i was done flushing and filled back with nutes. they still got like 14 hours of light

I got caught up with your past posts. Everything you listed seems perfect.

How old are these girls. I assume you didnt just turn on all the lights and hang them close to your girls? Could this be lumen shock?

How are you sure that your PH was slowly rising? Is it possible that it was pinned at a certain PH that would lock out some nutes?

Lastly, any chance you did a foliar treatment with the lights on? It looks like that to me as well.

Good luck bro, I hope you figure it out. I would post this up in another forum rather the the MPB forum... its been pretty slow here for awhile.

i check the ph a couple times a day and it would slowly rise... i guess it could be fluctuating in between checks but i check it fairly often.

yes a couple plants got PM so i sprayed with a very dilute amount of organocide, mostly the soil lemon OGs on the floor got it, but 3 of the bubbas showed a little so i lightly sprayed them... i read to do it with lights on as lights off would further promote the pm with higher humidity.

we got the girls from harbor side on 8/30
so 19 days since we got the rooted the cuts
it must be lumen shock but i dont get why only the biggest plants got hit worst? the runts seem to be recovering...
lights are up as high as they can go and they havent moved, i slowly raised the lumens every other day, starting off with 2 @ 600, then 2 @ 750 ect... until all the lights where on at 1k (i should have thought to turn them down that last day when they didnt seem to wake up, but the day before they where at 6 @1k 2 @ 750k and they where fine like that for 2 days!
oops, noobie mistake. wont do it again, they are only getting 4k now tops until flip in future grows

Lumen shock!!!! Hey bro those are just clones that ya got going in those buckets. You've got way to much light on for those guys to handle. It's a hard to veg from straight clones in the mpb with that much light. It seems that you have everything dialed just to much light for them to handle. Don't rush it . I did the exact same thing my first time with my clones they never really come back from it. They will but your yields will not be good. Your in Cali so I would get some new stock and start over. Maybe turn on two lights with them raised all the way up to the ceiling on the 600 watt setting. Then every other day switch what lights are on but only run a couple of your lights. ( I.E keep alternating what two lights you have on to keep your plants growing uniformally) Keep this up until you start to get good growth. I would then ramp your ballasts up to 1000 watt setting. Than give them some more time until you have all the lights on. Once all your lights our on slowly start to lower them down. I have a 10 site room (10 x 25) and I only veg with four 1000's on a zig zag pattern for the whole room and that's after the plants have been in veg for about three weeks under a 1000 watt mh and are a pretty good size. I really don't turn all the lights on until they're pretty big and have a well established roots system. One more thing only run physan 20 in between runs for clean up. Hope this helps. Oh ya check out Jackmayoffer first uc grown and you'll see how high he has his lights for vegging and he only runs a few of them also.

still dont understand why the girls with the most established root system (not really a lot of roots but way more then other buckets) got burned the most?
fuck oh well, only cost us like $800 in electric (FUCK!!) guess it can be worst. at least the soil girls are supper fucking happy so they will be even bigger by the time we flip. will they need bigger pots?

thinking about getting some teens though... think this is a bad or good move ?? waiting to hear back from that guy if he has 5 of them, if so we just might drive up to sac to save us a couple weeks...

I agree completely. I actually veg the entire time with a 1000 hps... I just hang it up high first couple days but within 2 weeks I can get it within 15" above the canopy. I did not notice any lumen shock when I moved them into the mpb room to continue their veg, well I dont think I did. I started with all lights up high with only 2 on first day. I then turn 2 more each day until all lights are on. By end of first week veg in the mpb room all 7 lights are on and already lowered down. I think I might have been a little bit more aggressive then most.

thanks for all your help. dont know where i would be without you guys!! gonna get new clones today or tomorrow or hopefully some teens.

that one plant just isnt gonna make it, im sure the others will pull through but like baker said its better worth starting from new stock.

how come my soil gals are soooo damn big? they where all the same size when leaving harborside.

and also the plant in the topsy turvy on i turned it around so it was getting a 1k in the face right at same level as the bulb and didnt get shocked? in fact that OGoo is doing so much better than all the other ones. (the OGoos where just gotten like a week ago for free, left 3 of them in the pots they where given in, and transplanted one into the TT with same soil (barely covered bottom) and the rest FFOF, thinking maybe the others should be transplanted to bigger pots with FFOF

just got an email from the guy with the blackberry kush teens
I have plenty, yes roots showing, I use coco chips and coco fiber mixed with some other secrets and then process it through a quick compost. Pickup in sacramento, prop 215 only! today is the last day of the $50 sale.
think i should do it? will this mixture be fine? is coco gonna be a whole nother realm and not worth it?

JPLord01

JPLord01

Are you running all rock or 6x6 RW If you are running all rock you can run the top feed .
What is your PPMs? Your ph can run from 5.8 to 6.3 and they will be fine. So your water temp is 65 to 68. Are you running Hygozyme and root exl ? Photo of your roots will help.
Do you have fans blowing on the plants? I would turn on one light for like 5 days and have it as high as it will go and see how they do. Run your PPMs at like 250 to 300 . Your water temp I would run at 70 to 74 for a week this will boost the root growth then
after back it down to 68. And are you running Hydro Fungicide if so this stuff will keep your roots clean.

aleYarok

aleYarok

the clones where from harborside so they have small little rockwool cube like 1"?
5.8-6.3? i read somewhere 5.5-6.0 so have been keeping them at that...
fans are blowing but not down. should they be down?

no hygozyme or root exl... should i get this stuff? i saw the price of a tiny bottle of root exl and scared the shit out me i just never looked at the stuff. lol
yes im running h-f.

think we are just gonna start from new clones. or teens.

JPLord01

JPLord01

Hygozyme and root exl are a must for the first 2 to 3 weeks and Hygozyme there after. If you are going to run new clones.

1. Put one light on at 18 hrs as high as it will go for a week.

2. Room temp 75 to 79 if you can Humd 55% to 65% for veg.

3. Feed AN grow at 250 to 300 PPMs with 8 mil per gl of Hygozyme 1200 mil for your setup. Change every week you have like 150 gl in your setup. 600 ml of grow a and b And you can run the top feed the 3 weeks after the roots are going good turn off the top feed.

4.What is your fan setup? Have one going the plants need very little movement at first.

5. Water temp for the first week 70 to 74degs this will give the roots a boost.
After the roots are going good then bring down the water temp to 65 to 68.
This is what worked for me.

mikeross

mikeross

If you did that foliar spray right at lights on and let the intensity of your bulbs dry the left over water on the leaves I am 75% sure that was your problem. Did this happen the very next day after a foliar/lights on treatment. I did the exact same thing with my plants and they looked similar to yours the next day... this was in veg though. With that said those burn plants are not 3.5x4' and only 11 days into bloom.

aleYarok

aleYarok

so no foliar spraying with lights on, even if its to prevent/get rid of pm? gotcha
learning a lot from this mistake... the 3 healthy bubbas are in soil in now... not gonna yield much but mostly just want to keep the strain around as i love bubba kush.

i feel like a cheater now. got 2 1/2 foot blackberry kush teens, saving us another 6 weeks of veg! they look so good in the buckets. im super stoked and will take it really easy on the light with these girls even though they are pretty big. also really happy because after seeing dizzle's first BBK harvest I knew that was the strain i wanted but had trouble finding it a couple weeks ago, so settled with the bubba, well i got it now!

Rushoe

Rushoe

Shit looks nice bro very nice clean set up..Sucks about the clones going in to shock are u going to get new ones?Or just wing it???And I am not sure if u know this or not but just an FYI the yellow on the buckets u have their will attract Gnats and just a few of them can reproduce very quickly and will turn ur harvest to shit if u don't act fast trust me I learned the hard way..I am still new to this myself a few harvest only but with every one I have learned so much more each time and this was one of them nothing in my grow room is yellow but the fly type...And being as this is your 1st grow I thought I would share that with u so you can take care of that if you haven't already....Good luck!!!!

Top Bottom