'91 Chem, Lavender, NL5 '89 cut, Chem Kush, Lemon Larry OG, and Dbl SFV OG.

• Thread starter Big Buddy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Big Buddy

Big Buddy

Finally, 4 91 chem, 4 lemon larry (larry), 4 Lavender, 3 Chem Kush 2, 2 NL5, 1 Lemon Larry (sour), 1 Double SFV OG, and 1 Chem Kush 1:

Untitled Scanned 44
Untitled Scanned 45
Untitled Scanned 46
Untitled Scanned 47
Untitled Scanned 48
Untitled Scanned 49
nuttso

nuttso

Hello my friend. Nice to see u posting again. Damn, u know, i used to follow all of your grows. Wonderfull bushes. Super healthy. Subscribed :D

wish u all the good

if anybody want's to learn somthing, watch this bro's grows.

Big Buddy

Big Buddy

Hello my friend. Nice to see u posting again. Damn, u know, i used to follow all of your grows. Wonderfull bushes. Super healthy. Subscribed :D

wish u all the good

if anybody want's to learn somthing, watch this bro's grows.

Hey Nuttso, good to see ya again bro. Ya I took a good hiatus from the boards there, but figure the odd little journal here and there cant hurt eh, and i'm on taking care of some med patient stuff these days, so if im on anyway. Lol, dont know how much anyones gonna learn, but I hope i can help em pass 10 minutes or so with some pics.

B

biggs

now thats what i'm talking about. a room packed full of dank. great work mate. can't wait to see them in full bloom. they all look super healthy. :rasta2::rasta2:

M

Married2Mary

Premium Member
Supporter
Amazing plants Big Buddy... Nice set up you're rockin to.. Interested in seeing these sexy ladies finish...

nuttso

nuttso

Do u use your pinching method on all of them? Should be alot of work.

Big Buddy

Big Buddy

now thats what i'm talking about. a room packed full of dank. great work mate. can't wait to see them in full bloom. they all look super healthy. :rasta2::rasta2:

Thanks man, I'm looking forward to this harvest, then gonna have one more big run with the chems, mainly 91 and the 4, and then gonna go back to my roots and some of the old clone onlies I have kicking around. THe chems are nice, but they just dont ring the hea enough for me, bring on the haze baby!

insane grow! i can't believe i missed this thread.

Thanks man, I'll try and keep it well updated so she doesn fall through the cracks on ya.

Amazing plants Big Buddy... Nice set up you're rockin to.. Interested in seeing these sexy ladies finish...

Thanks m2m, ya the set up is a little cleaner than normal, I'm usually tripping over pots and stalks and shit, thats the one area I'm known to be irresponsible, makin a conscious effort this time though, lol.

Do u use your pinching method on all of them? Should be alot of work.

Yup, I pinch on every plant I grow, once you get used to how a genetic line reacts and grows, and how much of a stretch, if it bushes out too much in flower, or expands straight, all these things, you can form it to what ever shape you want, i actually shape my lavs in squares. Then a couple stakes and a strign or 2 tied around and their ready to go. Its actually pretty easy, I brought some of these plants out at over 4 feet, I've had to move one light up a foot since they started, and the rest might have gone up 6 inches,a nd I've got about 15 inches from the top of the plants to the bulbs. So for that bit of work to shape em, you end up with much bigger plants that are easier to deal with in flower for those lone 9 more weeks to wait. And for those that let their plants actually hit maturity, you know, at that 12-13 week mark, bitches are heavy!

nuttso

nuttso

if i remember correct u used to veg with 400 mh. How much veg do u give them? Do u wait till they show preflowers everywhere? Chicken always used to say the longer the veg the better the finish product.

Big Buddy

Big Buddy

I tend to veg for a long time usually, but again, thats all strain dependent. I wont put a bubba or purple kush variety out unless its vegged for at least 4 months, so I'll time that after a haze run. Now If I'm going to runa nevilles light, then I might only veg for 2-3 weeks and then most of the structuring of the plants happen in the first 3 weeks(4-5 depending on which haze cut). but for your average growing strains, or say these ones, the chem diesel, and OG, a good 3 month veg is not uncommon. I dont know if its a rule that the herb is better, I always get better results, but that could also be a matter of me just being better at doing it this way then with small ones. This method out yields any SOG grow though by leaps and bounds, and i get loads of trim hash besides. People hate the trim from big plants, but they love it when I have all that hash from it to smoke with em, lol. For me its a matter of not havign to bend over to check them as much, and its like walking a shitzu, I'm 6'9", can you see me walking that or tending to a midget little plant, hell no, i own a german sheppard, and my pots weight 100 lbs or so, the way i likes it, lol.

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
I am going to try and grow some big plants. I have been growing lil plants for too long. It's been nine years since I have changed the way I do things but after seeing the results I really think it could make my life easier. Not to mention the number. I am used to 3 gallon pots to finish flowering in and get 1.5-3 zips each depending on the strain in run. I have done a lot pinching back and supercropping etc before but it seemed like it took forever to get big. I have more patience now and can see what 3-4 months of veg can do for ya. I am in soil or pro-mix now and use GH Bio-Bizz line of nutes. I use a bunch of additives and do pretty well. My question is what are some of the first things I should know about this style of growing before attempting it.

I want trees too.

Big Buddy

Big Buddy

I am going to try and grow some big plants. I have been growing lil plants for too long. It's been nine years since I have changed the way I do things but after seeing the results I really think it could make my life easier. Not to mention the number. I am used to 3 gallon pots to finish flowering in and get 1.5-3 zips each depending on the strain in run. I have done a lot pinching back and supercropping etc before but it seemed like it took forever to get big. I have more patience now and can see what 3-4 months of veg can do for ya. I am in soil or pro-mix now and use GH Bio-Bizz line of nutes. I use a bunch of additives and do pretty well. My question is what are some of the first things I should know about this style of growing before attempting it.

I want trees too.

I would say the biggest hing to remember in this is pinch in a planned out way. If you pinch too much doing this you end up with just a massive mangle of branches, and a lot of small buds, thats what happens to most and why they dont liek to grow this way. Evena plant that most would think runs better as a single cola, the vast majority of the time really just doesnt want to lose that main stalk, if you can keep that there, in other word not top, them most of the time that main stalk still gives a kanker of a bud.
So I'll go with the ogs and all those clones for right now since its whats mainly in the room, and I know most folk on this site are growing these kinds, so it might help a bit. if anyone has any questions about specific lines and shaping them, or how they preform I'd be glad to try and answer them, but sa I always say, every plant is its own entity, what works for one haze cut might now work for the next, so no promises.
With the Chems/Ogs/Diesels, I find if you start to pinch early, you'll get no good growth, no height onthe plants, and your veg time wil take very long. Work with just the odd pinch here and there to start with these lines, let the cut get to about a foot, foot and a half and only have been given maybe 3 pinches at the most, 4, you know. At this point they will have nodes developed, and you have something to expand on. Dont try to bush out whats not there, cause when it does get there, its not gonna have anywhere to go, it will all just block itself in. So once I have these lines to this point I''ll start to pinch a bit heavier, almost with the intent of keeping them at the same height, this is gonna let those 5-6 nodes that have developed expand to the top. This is pretty close to when i would transplant thigns from this line as well, i dont like them to get too full in the pots, the chems dont like to be held up on their root expansion. So no what we have is a thinner multi branched plant, in a large pot, and this is where you get heacier on the pinch, the pots will space apart your plants anyway, and all those smaller branches that have developed down lower will be able to see the top and take advantage of the pinches done above them. From there its really just shape as you want, once you have a good plant base to work with a few branches, play around with it and see what works out best. But doing this method, for the love of fuck, dont delay staking those plants, or else you get that trainwreck effect of everything everywhere, if you do it early, it stays in control like you see here.

And now my hands are sore, lol.

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
Thank you so much for this information. I get the massive mangle of braches..whispy.. shit man thank you. You are nailing the problems I am having with method. I am gonna practice . I will also get a picture or two of plants I am trying to get trained and post them so you can see if they right at all. I have a burmese mod that will more than double in size when flipped. Bubbleberry won't give me more than 20 % growth in size after flipped and some in between. So i know I will need to work each one differently, But I am gonna read your post a couple more times and get to work.

Thanks again. I will use this info so your hands didn't get sore for nothing. :anim_44:

Big Buddy

Big Buddy

Thank you so much for this information. I get the massive mangle of braches..whispy.. shit man thank you. You are nailing the problems I am having with method. I am gonna practice . I will also get a picture or two of plants I am trying to get trained and post them so you can see if they right at all. I have a burmese mod that will more than double in size when flipped. Bubbleberry won't give me more than 20 % growth in size after flipped and some in between. So i know I will need to work each one differently, But I am gonna read your post a couple more times and get to work.

Thanks again. I will use this info so your hands didn't get sore for nothing. :anim_44:

Try and get a decent heavy bush goign with the burmese before you go into flower, and then let the established branches grow out in the flowering stage, I like to have a good running cola effect on the sats, and if you pinch heavy in flower you'll get the jumble again, but with those, they seperate themselves so much as they stretch in flower, it kind of does the forming for you, just control the height with the stretch then. Treat the BB not unlike a hindu kush style plant, I find these ones that dont stretch want to be bushes well the whole time and trimmed a bit from the inside out, kind of a bonsai style, just bigger.

what hazes are you planning on running mate?

I've got a few Nevilles phenos there, so i might do one light of one of those, a light of the blue haze bx, SSH, ll x ssh, and a light of NL5 Haze x Skunk(nl5haze pheno), might do something different under one light though just to break it up, lots of time to decide that though, who knows, might change the who plan before im done, its been known to happen.

B

biggs

sounds interseting mate. what about some nevs x Chemdog #4? get the best of both worlds.:cool0041::cool0041:

T

TheKingsOf420

Damn bro... How'd I miss this one..... Keep up the great work..... How many watts are you running now a days????

Latest posts

Top Bottom