'91 Chem, Lavender, NL5 '89 cut, Chem Kush, Lemon Larry OG, and Dbl SFV OG.

• Thread starter Big Buddy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Big Buddy

Big Buddy

Thx for the confirmation on the stem snapping or rather almost snapping before putting the dried buds into jars for curing... I've had 3 harvests and each time I've dried less and less... :itwasntme This time I'm def gonna try to follow your method as I also feel that if the stem snaps then too much moisture has left; I'd rather have a longer cure.

BTW I've seen and heard many good things about the JTR line... Someday I'll try some, but surprisingly I haven't seen it much in Socal...:character0180:

Sounds good man, you'll notice a skight wet hay smell for a few days early on as the moisture works its way out, then what a smell comes off of them, very nice a rich. Worst thing is having a nice run, good cure goin, then forget for like 6 hours you've got your lids open, done that a few times.
And man, seems like every plant Ive run of jtr has been damn good at least. I wish I kept the cut of the first one I had, huge yield, easy to control the height, and was like a herer that I actually like for once.

nice info on the curing. i have read so many different styles, some folks seem to get them crispy before going in the jar. I do admit that from my limited experience putting them in the jar when the stems are almost snappable seems to work better.

Ya getting them too crispy i find really kills off your smell, ran into a few that actually smell a bit more, but that effect stil comes out in the cure process i find anyway. i try different dry stages and things like that with all my keepers, but the new strains always go in the jars the same way, long as i dont fuck up, lol.

looks good. i've got lavender also and it's going to get it's first real run in my room son. i'll have to grab some pointers from you on this strain.

does yours ever go purple? min dosnt from what i can tell.

Mine goes totally purple, but stays green up to the flush if you feed at a medium stegnth, feeding heavy gives her a purple striped look from about week 4 on. Feel free to toss aup a pic or two bro, I've seen a few phenos of this strain in my day, might look a bit familiar, and hey, everyone like a pretty picture.

Hey big buddy how long do you let your NL #5?

Usually about 13 weeks, but things are both finishing quicker than normal this time, and a few are just deficient, and not going to make it to the end, I refer to the full room in that though, not the NL. But ya, about 12-13 weeks.

i think he runs it for 13 weeks

hey man, ya round about, cant wait til the next run with her.

X

Xceptional

ok well here we go. I'll explain what was going on here.

i was really excited to get this cut so i put it in my room even though i was already over a week into flower. as soon as this thing popped roots in my aero cloner i put it in soil and popped it into my room. this thing never grew a inch in there probably because it barely had roots. this was just a teaser and i thought it would be cool to grow a small plant. this got about a week of flush but got pulled 1 1/2 weeks early.

it was a funny plant and the smallest I've seen so far. i will be doing here right this time around as you can see i got 15 cuts of her in my cloner ready to go that will all get a proper veg time.

also i heard of Lavender Lights. i'm thinking about trying to make that cross myself as they are my patients two favorite strains and it sounds killer to me.

http://www.marijuanareviews.com/lavender-lights-vaporizer-1832.html

one more question what are your yields like? on ic i see people saying she is a low yielder which makes me want to get rid of her.

i noticed when i hit 80 degrees with the mom she started throwing 1 finger leafs. got the temps in check and now she is good. the first 5 clones in my cloner are from when the temps were high and you can see some fingerless leafs.

Lavender Web
Lav 1
Lav 2
Lav 3
Full cloner
Big Buddy

Big Buddy

ok well here we go. I'll explain what was going on here.

i was really excited to get this cut so i put it in my room even though i was already over a week into flower. as soon as this thing popped roots in my aero cloner i put it in soil and popped it into my room. this thing never grew a inch in there probably because it barely had roots. this was just a teaser and i thought it would be cool to grow a small plant. this got about a week of flush but got pulled 1 1/2 weeks early.

it was a funny plant and the smallest I've seen so far. i will be doing here right this time around as you can see i got 15 cuts of her in my cloner ready to go that will all get a proper veg time.

also i heard of Lavender Lights. i'm thinking about trying to make that cross myself as they are my patients two favorite strains and it sounds killer to me.

http://www.marijuanareviews.com/lavender-lights-vaporizer-1832.html

one more question what are your yields like? on ic i see people saying she is a low yielder which makes me want to get rid of her.

i noticed when i hit 80 degrees with the mom she started throwing 1 finger leafs. got the temps in check and now she is good. the first 5 clones in my cloner are from when the temps were high and you can see some fingerless leafs.

Ok, that is hands down the cutest plant ive ever seen, lol, thats great. I dont think its the same pheno i have, looks a bit closer to the super skunk that was used in it, lavender is big skunk korean x super skunk x afghani hawaiian, I've got the extremely rare ah pheno, it was the male used in the cross, and it was given to soma by shanti many years back. Explains why i was so drawn to it as shanti is my favorite breeder by far. She looks like she will turn, get her a bit bigger and give her a nice flush at the end, also, dropping temps with any lav pheno ive seen creates wild colour variations.
Most of the lavs yielded pretty low, this one isnt crazy, but she s a good vegger, and if you can pinch her out right, i average about 5-6 os off each plant, so 1 1/2 or more per 1000 is very reasonable, easy plant to grow too. Most I ever pulled from 1000 of lav was I think just shy of 2 ps, and they were pretty big i must say.

0MEGA

wow that chem kush looks so beutiful.
keep up the great work and thanks for the eye candy.

nuttso

nuttso

and it was given to soma by shanti many years back. Explains why i was so drawn to it as shanti is my favorite breeder by far.

True. Shanti play's on a whole other level. Nearly everything that pops out of his seeds is better than most of the clone only strains. Btw if i remember correct Shanti shared alot more with soma.

Big Buddy

Big Buddy

wow that chem kush looks so beutiful.
keep up the great work and thanks for the eye candy.

Thanks man, means a lot.

True. Shanti play's on a whole other level. Nearly everything that pops out of his seeds is better than most of the clone only strains. Btw if i remember correct Shanti shared alot more with soma.

Ya Shanti told me a while back that he pretty well got soma started, for which soma was more than grateful i do believe.

X

Xceptional

Ok, that is hands down the cutest plant ive ever seen, lol, thats great.

yeah that plant ended up with a whopping 3 grams lol. i watered that damn thing for 8 weeks for 3 grams just becasue i had to put a cut in flower to see how she tastes since i am in a ebb and grow and did not want to commit my limited plant count to a strain i ended up hating. well she is a keeper and i got 15 more ready to go in the cloner that will be moving into my veg room soon.

B

BrandoBubbaKush

Amazin stuff goin on here BB.. May your harvest be full of potent potables!

Big Buddy

Big Buddy

well guys, everythign is down, only got shots of the lav at the end, gonna do a big pic update soon, today or tomorrow so ill get those up and some bud shots. But fuck did I ever fuck up this run, well, my meter crapped out on me as i stated in another thread, but it was my own fault for not taking care of it. Las ttime that happens here. And another thign fucked me, I had a huge, and I mean huge light leak in my room, I was shocked to see it, I checked it like crazy when I redid the room a few runs back, I guess it came lose over time or some thing, and the ducting stretched out, I dont know, either way, another fucked run for bb, so the next one better go good. I do however have my mother room built now, one of the things ive been busy with, so I should have much more light on my vegging plants to fix my stretchign issues, a new meter, and an even better one on the way. From the mouth of one of the biggest distributers of ph pens in the country, "if you dont pay about 2000 for you meter, it doesnt actually work"lol. My shop buddy and I cros checked 5 of the new oakton ph 2 pens side by side, brand new, variation was .7 from highest to lowest, and 2 couldnt hold steady ph, same results with tri meter, and the oakton baic and ultra basic, ultra basic had a variation of 1.2.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Damn, that sucks about the issues, but I'm sending some good karma your way... :cool Sounds like your next run will be amazing either way BB! I really like my Hanna Combo Meter... calibrate it monthly and keep it clean after each use. It only cost me $130 on this site:

Big Buddy

Big Buddy

Damn, that sucks about the issues, but I'm sending some good karma your way... :cool Sounds like your next run will be amazing either way BB! I really like my Hanna Combo Meter... calibrate it monthly and keep it clean after each use. It only cost me $130 on this site:

Actually I've got a ISFet mini lab 215 on the way, recommended by good ole rootbound, seems like it should be a great product actually. I get a discount on everything here anyway, so cost isnet a big deal, but if this one doesnt work out I'll keep that type in mind for sure.

nuttso

nuttso

Hi my friend. Sry to hear that not everything was ok. As for the ph pen. I was told something similar from my man at the shop here. "If u don't pay 1k+ u ain't readin' shit." What kind of ph meter does your distributer recommendet you? I mean that 2000 piece. I was told that bluelab got some nice meters. (http://www.getbluelab.com/)

peace bb

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Hey, phew, I thought sommin really bad had happened. Again, phew.

I myself invested in a proper pH metre with replaceable probes. Makes a big difference.

Looking forward to the pictoral update.

Big Buddy

Big Buddy

Hey, thanks for stopping by guys, no no worrie other than annoyance, lol. I get into the old not posting much times to, so never worry, I'm always here, just not always my text.
Ya the new meter is far better than these pieces of crap I've been using. My boy at the shop here doesnt carry something that fancy, we' have to special order it, and I do not have thousands of dollars to spend on a ph meter. Besides, I'd be scared shitless to look at it the wrong way lest it gets upset and goes off. Hey herb, what meter is it that you use? I used to use the trimeter which was replaceable , but again, I had the exact same issues with that meter after.

E

elBarracho

So nice to see someone with a similar affinity for big shrubs. I like 10 or 15's. I want to try the ten gallon smart. I did a 7 and the plant was as big as if it was grown in a 10 nursery.

manicgrower

manicgrower

Premium Member
Supporter
Good to see your getting the issues figured out!;)

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
It's always a battle in one way or another. I didn't post any picts of the burmese because she looks like shit. I forgot I put them Soil and fed them like they were in pro-mix. Wondering what was going on til I looked at the back of the label I used and noticed It said Roots Soil. Hell they have been screwed ever since. I need a new meter as well. I have a lil drop kit and that's it. I use a Truncheon to test ppm's. It's old and unless the ferts have changed something is off with it. Been looking at a Bluelab combo meter at the store. That's what they have in.

I still have some wicked looking plants because of you. My bubbleberry is hoss of bush. Thinning is a must. I'm not sure if I'll get em as big as yours. I think a 9 plant scrog on the bubbleberry is gonna do best for it. Still doing your pinching method but they get so heavy tightly packed I am gonna need screen to hold em. Also I think the 600w I have will work better for shorter plants anyway. I am running the taller girls under a 1000w. They are beast falling all over each other and stuff. I am gonna need a 10 stakes or more for each of the burmese. Maybe get some tomato cages and new larger containers for the next run.

Well I just wanted to stop in and shoot the shit for a min. Suck down one of those Lavender nugs for me.

fred

Big Buddy

Big Buddy

So nice to see someone with a similar affinity for big shrubs. I like 10 or 15's. I want to try the ten gallon smart. I did a 7 and the plant was as big as if it was grown in a 10 nursery.

Gotta love the monsters my man! no matter what, i just cant bring myself to put out a small plant, well you know, one on the side for a laugh, but you get me. Lookin forward to seeing some giants of yours too bro.

Good to see your getting the issues figured out!;)

Getting there, fuckin still waiting on the spinisad man, the company hasnt even responded to my hydro guys e-mails, so may give azamax a try for the thrips. The mildew seems to finally be under control. Hows everything over your way. Oh, and i havnt forgotten to write you back man, just trying to get the flower room rebuilt, should be done tonight, I'm fuckin none stop here lately.

Thanks for the kind words my friend.

It's always a battle in one way or another. I didn't post any picts of the burmese because she looks like shit. I forgot I put them Soil and fed them like they were in pro-mix. Wondering what was going on til I looked at the back of the label I used and noticed It said Roots Soil. Hell they have been screwed ever since. I need a new meter as well. I have a lil drop kit and that's it. I use a Truncheon to test ppm's. It's old and unless the ferts have changed something is off with it. Been looking at a Bluelab combo meter at the store. That's what they have in.

I still have some wicked looking plants because of you. My bubbleberry is hoss of bush. Thinning is a must. I'm not sure if I'll get em as big as yours. I think a 9 plant scrog on the bubbleberry is gonna do best for it. Still doing your pinching method but they get so heavy tightly packed I am gonna need screen to hold em. Also I think the 600w I have will work better for shorter plants anyway. I am running the taller girls under a 1000w. They are beast falling all over each other and stuff. I am gonna need a 10 stakes or more for each of the burmese. Maybe get some tomato cages and new larger containers for the next run.

Well I just wanted to stop in and shoot the shit for a min. Suck down one of those Lavender nugs for me.

fred

Hey man, good to hear from ya. Ya they can get a bit unruly growing this style for sure, little trick I've learned is to create a scrog for each individual one, use 4 stakes, tie the strings around like you would from stake to stake, then do some criss crosses between the branches and tied to the string on the opposite side, should help out a little.

Top Bottom