__dan1989's Grow Log__

• Thread starter dan1989
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BlackBeard

BlackBeard

Some nice growing going on in this thread, keep up the good work, I will say unless you have LOADS of space take it easy on the seed popping, I've done too many before and wasted good seeds myself haha.

Getting a RO setup is a great call, I used to live in a soft water area and it was a dream to grow with as I just added my nutes and fed with it, I never even had to adjust or even monitor the PH of it and never had a single def or lockout, I can't remember the scientific reasoning behind this but a highly educated friend explained it to me and it worked great for the 2 years of growing I was living there.

Finally in all the time I ran coco, it never truly showed it's full capabilities until I started treating it as full on hydro, by that I mean multiple feeds everyday and then the plants just exploded and gave me the fastest growth and loads of sweet sticky buds.
If you want I've got a great link somewhere going into detail about this but can't post here as it's on another site.

BlackBeard

dan1989

dan1989

Some nice growing going on in this thread, keep up the good work, I will say unless you have LOADS of space take it easy on the seed popping, I've done too many before and wasted good seeds myself haha.

Getting a RO setup is a great call, I used to live in a soft water area and it was a dream to grow with as I just added my nutes and fed with it, I never even had to adjust or even monitor the PH of it and never had a single def or lockout, I can't remember the scientific reasoning behind this but a highly educated friend explained it to me and it worked great for the 2 years of growing I was living there.

Finally in all the time I ran coco, it never truly showed it's full capabilities until I started treating it as full on hydro, by that I mean multiple feeds everyday and then the plants just exploded and gave me the fastest growth and loads of sweet sticky buds.
If you want I've got a great link somewhere going into detail about this but can't post here as it's on another site.

BlackBeard

Thanks for the kind words mate :) PM me the link man, I'll never turn down free info!

justiceman

justiceman

Nice thread dan! :smoking: I'll follow along for the ride. Could not have said things better than blackbeard did. Good stuff. Since you like links you can also check out my coco root health link in my signature when you have the time.

BlackBeard

dan1989

dan1989

I like to think there's some good growing going on in my grow log because it's not all just plain sailing and I'm making mistakes and encountering issues and (sometimes barely) resolving the issues.

Since shifting to coco I've really immersed myself in the whole scene and done all the hours studying and experimenting, trying different techniques, getting to grips with the coco and I feel like I can handle myself in the tent now.

Lol don't worry I'll try not to get carried away. I'm gonna do a perpetual harvest anyway so I'll only be flowering 6 in one tent at any given time. There will be a few young ones just going into flowering in there, but I'm not too worried about them being cramped initially. They would have been topped and LST'd in a small space in veg so they'll be used to being cramped :D

I will be relying on the flowering stretch to give them a little extra growth. They will have been trained low as I mentioned, I'm aiming for 1 1/2 ft max in the big tent. The reason for this is making the most efficient use of the lights. My last single plant grow I got 16 even sized colas from a 1ft tall Budzilla plant. They weren't very big as my cheap LED only gave around 150w max I reckon. I got 1.67oz from that and I was pretty proud of that considering the shittiness of the light :D Took forever to veg though and I did go a bit over the top as I topped and supercropped like 8 branches and cut stupid amounts of foliage. You can see pics a few pages back.

Not every seed will necessarily end up getting flowered. Some may become mothers if I like the strain enough, I'm dabbling with cloning now, got 6 cuttings, 2 are showing root nubs on the stems, 4 look like they're not gonna give me any. I'm quite happy with 2/6 for a first go.
Nice thread dan! :smoking: I'll follow along for the ride. Could not have said things better than blackbeard did. Good stuff. Since you like links you can also check out my coco root health link in my signature when you have the time.

Welcome, glad to have you along for the ride! Will check out the root health link, even more important now I'm keeping mothers

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I like to think there's some good growing going on in my grow log because it's not all just plain sailing and I'm making mistakes and encountering issues and (sometimes barely) resolving the issues.

Since shifting to coco I've really immersed myself in the whole scene and done all the hours studying and experimenting, trying different techniques, getting to grips with the coco and I feel like I can handle myself in the tent now.

Lol don't worry I'll try not to get carried away. I'm gonna do a perpetual harvest anyway so I'll only be flowering 6 in one tent at any given time. There will be a few young ones just going into flowering in there, but I'm not too worried about them being cramped initially. They would have been topped and LST'd in a small space in veg so they'll be used to being cramped :D

I will be relying on the flowering stretch to give them a little extra growth. They will have been trained low as I mentioned, I'm aiming for 1 1/2 ft max in the big tent. The reason for this is making the most efficient use of the lights. My last single plant grow I got 16 even sized colas from a 1ft tall Budzilla plant. They weren't very big as my cheap LED only gave around 150w max I reckon. I got 1.67oz from that and I was pretty proud of that considering the shittiness of the light :D Took forever to veg though and I did go a bit over the top as I topped and supercropped like 8 branches and cut stupid amounts of foliage. You can see pics a few pages back.

Not every seed will necessarily end up getting flowered. Some may become mothers if I like the strain enough, I'm dabbling with cloning now, got 6 cuttings, 2 are showing root nubs on the stems, 4 look like they're not gonna give me any. I'm quite happy with 2/6 for a first go.

Welcome, glad to have you along for the ride! Will check out the root health link, even more important now I'm keeping mothers

dan your doing a great job man. Its all part of the learning process and mistakes will and do happen. Seems your taking it all in stride. :) Nice thread.......

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

I'm coming up on a year of growing and my shit is so disorganized. Lol. Had a decent run, a great run, and now this third one is multi strain, multiple stages of growth. We're all experts at flailing about while these plants do their thing. Good grow.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
My mentor always hammered into me always only run one strain at a time and reall
The rental agency have done their inspection. I'm now in the clear for 12 months so I would like to declare this the beginning of a new chapter in my grow log
Very nice, with some practice perpetual are a great way to go, especially with tent style. Will be following along the new saga........ :D:smoking::fire:

dan1989

dan1989

So the veg cupboard is basically done. Was gonna get some reflective in there but I'm not gonna bother. No point, there won't be any lower branches to light up anyway.

IMG 20180428 184742

dan1989

dan1989

and really get to know each strain and its needs inside and out...... sorry for the disconnect!!!!!

Cool, thanks man. :) well, I see the sense in that completely. Obviously if you know enough about the strain you know what makes it tick and can maximize yield I guess.

Unfortunately I'm a glutton for punishment and already have 5 different strains on the go :D although I've grown the Budzilla before so a little inside info there. I've got 8-ball kush, Special Kush no.1, Pure Kush and Afghan Skunk. The Budzilla is pretty stable genes. I'm hoping since the three kush strains are all pure/mostly indica there will be similarities between them.

The Afghan Skunk is a different story, skunks are new to me so this is the one I'm anticipating most.

I'm totally with you on the mono strain thing, just felt like getting some immersive, intensive experience to be honest. I'd like to find some great genes, pick a mother and run her for a couple runs.

dan1989

dan1989

I'm interested in your results. Please keep us informed. I too am considering aero cloner. What's your general method of cloning now? Just wondering.

No problem friend, you'll find all the updates here. It's actually arriving tomorrow now according to the courier. My current cloning method...I don't really have one :D I'm new to cloning, I managed to successfully root an 8-ball Kush cut which is great, except it's the only 1 out of 6 cuts that survived. That was in rockwool.

I'm not getting the aero cloner because I had a poor first try. I have established that I can root clones. One at least :D I've heard nothing but great things about them, may as well give myself the best possible chance the way I see it. Plus I love automation. Gotta love automation.

People say you should take twice as many clones as you need because odds are a lot won't make it. So I'm not gonna get too demoralised about it.

Top Bottom