__dan1989's Grow Log__

• Thread starter dan1989
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dan1989

dan1989

Aero cloners work well faster to root than the ole skool way. I diy'ed mine from some instructions I found couple years back on the interweb works real fine.

I did have speed in mind when purchasing also :) you know, I was actually considering getting the stuff to do a d.i.y but I saw the Xstream thing on ebay for £40 with the bells and whistles, so I just thought ahhhh feck it :D

dan1989

dan1989

Nice thread dan! :smoking: I'll follow along for the ride. Could not have said things better than blackbeard did. Good stuff. Since you like links you can also check out my coco root health link in my signature when you have the time.

dan your doing a great job man. Its all part of the learning process and mistakes will and do happen. Seems your taking it all in stride. :) Nice thread......

I'm coming up on a year of growing and my shit is so disorganized. Lol. Had a decent run, a great run, and now this third one is multi strain, multiple stages of growth. We're all experts at flailing about while these plants do their thing. Good grow.

Thanks guys these are really kind words. I was pretty stoned when I read them first time, I'm sure I was gonna reply but I probably saw cookies or cake or something and forgot all about it.

Not looking forward to the metabolism slowing down...

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

No problem friend, you'll find all the updates here. It's actually arriving tomorrow now according to the courier. My current cloning method...I don't really have one :D I'm new to cloning, I managed to successfully root an 8-ball Kush cut which is great, except it's the only 1 out of 6 cuts that survived. That was in rockwool.

I'm not getting the aero cloner because I had a poor first try. I have established that I can root clones. One at least :D I've heard nothing but great things about them, may as well give myself the best possible chance the way I see it. Plus I love automation. Gotta love automation.

People say you should take twice as many clones as you need because odds are a lot won't make it. So I'm not gonna get too demoralised about it.
My first organized efforts to clone I pulled a 11 outta 12 success. Blew my mind. Second time, 6 for 8. Third time zilch. This last time I got 6 outta 10 to root. I've done fairly well, but I'm still considering automated.

dan1989

dan1989

So, got the aero cloner. Cleaned, sterilized, set up, cuts taken, all underway. 4 8-ball Kush and 8 Budzilla. Drew a blank on all of the Budzilla cuts I took last time. I'm hoping it was down to lack of experience. Or perhaps it's just a difficult strain to clone. Either way we'll see I guess. Will keep on updating.

IMG 20180501 192403

Enforcer

Enforcer

And got a weird anomaly here. Cotyledons, but no leaves. Nothing there, just a brown patch right down inside between the round leaves. Anyone seen this before? Strain is Anesthesia

View attachment 796860
One of my White Widow seeds only made it that far and died. Not sure why, the other four made it just fine. I’m not saying that’s what you have, but it’s possible. I guess these things just happen sometimes.

justiceman

justiceman

And got a weird anomaly here. Cotyledons, but no leaves. Nothing there, just a brown patch right down inside between the round leaves. Anyone seen this before? Strain is Anesthesia

View attachment 796860
Give her some time. They are there just super duper tiny. Some girls are slow starters :cool:.

Nice aerocloner I have not tried one of those yet but have always thought it was really cool. I'm eager to see the results! I've heard it's one of the fastest cloning techniques around.

In my experience with clones of course medium/environmental temperatures, humidity, and a healthy mother play a substantial role but I have found that for me the deal breaker is the the saturation level of the medium. I've had many clones fail when I thought everything was going well all because i saturated my rockwool to the max. I only really need about 1/2 to 3/4 saturation. After I started shaking the cubes of extra water my stalks went from rot to white roots.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I did have speed in mind when purchasing also :) you know, I was actually considering getting the stuff to do a d.i.y but I saw the Xstream thing on ebay for £40 with the bells and whistles, so I just thought ahhhh feck it :D
Hey no shame in going the route you took. Had it not been for my engineer wife, I would have bought one premade. Fact of the matter is she pretty much did most of the diyin...... Had to clear my soul. lol Damn hope no one heard that......... :sweating:

Last edited:
dan1989

dan1989

Checked cuttings in aero dome today. No real roots, however, many of the stems have those small white bumps on, not quite nubs yet, but speckled white bumps that precede roots...

Actually, all of this cutting business has made me realise I've not spent very much time learning about healthy root systems at all. To that end, I've bought a 'root booster', to see the difference. Trying it on a couple pots to do a side by side. Also got a sample of beetle shit soil conditioner. Again, trying on a couple pots to see what happens.

Edit: and reading up on creating a healthy root system :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom