A/c Runnoff Water Ok For Dwc?

• Thread starter LuccaDaddy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ken dog

ken dog

I'd run recirculated, and I increase, maintain, or decrease my dosage every day...depending on a growth schedule.

ken dog

ken dog

U know lots of ppl who do it huh? Well, yesterday it was a big no no?

The thread was drifting towards implying that condensate was pure distilled water...I decided to address that issue, and that issue alone.

Regarding what others do...I believe everyone should make their grow their own.

G gnome

G gnome

There is no freaking way I would use runoff water from my dehumidifier or air conditioner... Do you think you would drink it yourself?

Hell no.

U know lots of ppl who do it huh? Well, yesterday it was a big no no?

The thread was drifting towards implying that condensate was pure distilled water...I decided to address that issue, and that issue alone.

Regarding what others do...I believe everyone should make their grow their own.
Rmfao!!!!!

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

I guess I'll chime into this shitshow.

Recollecting water from 22 quest 155s and 16 fan coil units. Been using it in coco with ZERO problems with 100% salt nutes. I cut it about 25% with tap for a top-off.

We clean drip pans twice a year and blow the drainage lines clean after every run. The water is perfectly clean with no buildup, film, murkiness or smell after sitting for a week. Every now and then drainage lines will have a bacterial buildup which is why we blow them regularly, I wouldn't recollect your water unless you are maintaining your collection system and know it's clean.

As for leaks and whatnot, if you can't tell there's a leak in your condensate you've got bigger things to worry about. I can tell if ONE unit is slightly leaking in a system that connects dozens of pieces of equipment together.

As far as drinking the water, you're fairly stupid if you think it's gonna kill you. Sure there are bacteria in it that COULD make you sick if I your system is disgusting and dirty, but come on, consider yourself blessed that your "dirty" water is still clear and sparkling. I've seen what people drink around the world and I would pick condensate water over well water in Chiapas or river water from the Ganges, any day.

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

To the OP...bump your nutes a tad higher when using distilled. If you still see problems up your cal mag (I can't believe I just said that). This is literally one of the only situations where more cal- mag is actually the proper solution. I can't believe how often "cal-mag" is given as a solution ...the only time it's actually needed is when it's not already in the water, and it's usually rather finite amounts that are needed.

G gnome

G gnome

To the OP...bump your nutes a tad higher when using distilled. If you still see problems up your cal mag (I can't believe I just said that). This is literally one of the only situations where more cal- mag is actually the proper solution. I can't believe how often "cal-mag" is given as a solution ...the only time it's actually needed is when it's not already in the water, and it's usually rather finite amounts that are needed.
U cudda saved urself some typing and just sed G gnome is 100% correct hahahaha

G gnome

G gnome

Jk bro. Appreciate the insight and i agree its a great idea to clean ur coils and pan and whatnot. Not only if ur usin the water but just to keep ur shit runnin as efficiently as possible.

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

U cudda saved urself some typing and just sed G gnome is 100% correct hahahaha

It seemed like you needed some reinforcements lol.

So annoying when people whine about something they've never done, because it sounds like the logical thing to whine about. intelligence may breed knowledge, but experience breeds wisdom. You don't know it and you can't knock it until you've tried it.

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

I know this thread got a lil heated. But y'all put me up on some serious game... Guess who's about to collect their ac condensation. I've been letting all that free water go down the drain. Thanks for battling it out y'all.

Midwestjay

Midwestjay

If my ppm rises as the water level drops then my ppm is to high to begin with. I keep water usage and ppm usage the same. My ppm barely fluctuates mainly drops 20-50ppm over 5-7 gallon.

ken dog

ken dog

Sure, if your concentration is too high to begin with... but, if your solution is where you want it, and you dilute it with RO water without adding nutrients, then you are steering your plants towards a lower EC instead of maintaining the EC or raising it... It all depends on what you're looking for at any given time.

Top Bottom