A detailed explanation of why fast curing buds in preferable to slow curing.

• Thread starter YarraSparra
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
DragonKilla

DragonKilla

;) lol

I agree :)

Sure, except I see a difference here. What I consider a ridiculous claim is a statement with nothing to back it up. Please explain to me why an 11/13 cycle would 'enhance phenotypic expression'? As a matter of fact, feel free to explain what that term is even supposed to mean. It's empty.

At least in this thread, the guy has made an attempt to explain the how and why.

:)

Old Peanut

Old Peanut

I have flash dried (out of necessity) and slow cured and cant say there is a notable difference in the taste of buds. i dont think dry curing effects the taste its if you are smoking very dry weed it then tastes different.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Sure, except I see a difference here. What I consider a ridiculous claim is a statement with nothing to back it up. Please explain to me why an 11/13 cycle would 'enhance phenotypic expression'? As a matter of fact, feel free to explain what that term is even supposed to mean. It's empty.

At least in this thread, the guy has made an attempt to explain the how and why.

:)
Good answer! I havent the slightest..
This thread is teaching me to have an open mind though!
I had always read , dry slow..I had no idea there was another way....
still not gunna try it though :)

way2green

way2green

Good answer! I havent the slightest..
This thread is teaching me to have an open mind though!
I had always read , dry slow..I had no idea there was another way....
still not gunna try it though :)
Ken
Have you felt any of the Prayers helping you out?I think that church has peeps that claim to talk in tongues. Someone is probably on their hands and knees jabbering your name!

way2green

way2green

Maybe you r talking in tongues and this is how it chooses to manifest itself!!!!
We need to talk with Sungrown to truly understand what kind of metamorphasis is transpiring with the both of ya's......

way2green

way2green

I am actually ripping on the roor this evening. Gonna be a long night for you guys!!!

dabs4life

dabs4life

10 1e035 campaign1 c 300x300

YarraSparra

YarraSparra

Well I can’t comment on the science as I have no idea. But I am happy to know there is a tried and tested technique of getting gear exit ready ASAP, I hate having the shit lying around. Would you recommend using a carbon filter in the dry room to scrub smell? I understand the room is sealed to lock in warm dry air, so I mean just having the filter in there with the fan to reduce doors leaking out the room?

It might work, I’ve never tried it. A CF could become saturated with moisture in the first 24hrs of drying, it’s then a pain to dry the carbon out again. Maybe better off putting the filter outside the room instead.

YS

0tt0

0tt0

I think you are completely wrong Yarra. You’re not the only person here with a background in chemistry, and I also have 16 years growing experience I can depend upon too. IMO it’s just total rubbish. Either you are wrong or the science has been misinterpreted - by you! I take great pride in producing AAA grade weed and have never needed to flash cure.

LordVane

LordVane

You said it - it's a pride thing. Why don't you rebuttal with some of your own science then? Because he's the only one here who's bothered to put up anything more substantial than an opinion.

UCMETOO

UCMETOO

Otto my one question for anyone with a chemestry background is pretty simple,......i don't seem to understand what Yarra is saying: does he or any one believe the cannabis stops decomposing all together once "cured"? that seems to be his thing, how everything stops once the mosture is out,.....I find this to be the hardest thing to let 'just go by' because it is so limited in its scope,......anything you might add?

I give you props for putting your opinion up Y, but to state it is 'the thing' seems like a reach,....

way2green

way2green

Nice piehole. It is nice to see that u are finally getting smoked up! Where you been. I wonder if anyone else ever heard "bro, your weed is the best"? Lol
You and I both know they better come proper with some compliments or "next in line"!

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
I have been doing my hillbilly way for about 6 years now. And it turns out I am cutting edge, new wave, scientific bad ass. Woohoo!

This is my method that seems to be exactly what the OP is describing.

I have a bunch of those bakers like racks you get at wal-mart. They are 5 feet long and 18 inches deep. I have t-5 HO four foot eight tube lights attached on the bottom side of the bottom shelf. I veg under them.

I dry on the shelf they are suspended from. Each shelf holds 4 pizza boxes of fresh cut, trimmed buds. There is a single layer of buds in each box with a loose filling of buds. Not jammed packed. With the box lids closed they dry to about 80% in 2 days. Inside the pizza boxes gets about 90 degrees over the t-5 lights.

Then I put them in closed paper bags and they get pretty dry. They don't crumble to dust but they are kinda crispy. Then I take whole fresh pieces of bread and wrap the bread slices in one layer of cheese cloth.

I put one piece of wrapped bread in a turkey bag and fill the bag with buds and close it tight. I fill as many bags as needed with one piece of bread in each one. The bread is always at the bottom end of the bag with the buds on top, so the moisture vapors can rise up. After 24 hours I take the bread from the bottom and lay it on top. Then I flip the bag so the bread is on the bottom and the vapors rise up. This gets both upper and lower layers hydrated evenly.

Now the buds are dry but spongy to squeeze. They are rehydrated. Then I jar them up. Sometimes you have to take the bread out and jar earlier than 2 days. You have to play it by ear. Once they are jarred I leave them closed. I smoke out of little jars that I fill out of bigger jars.

Once I posted picks and people laughed because there was dried pizza cheese in some boxes. LOL! Dried cheese does not hurt a thing. It makes it better.

way2green

way2green

Cheese puzza nugz? Dude, I am do hungry!!!!
Great post. I think the main thing u mentioned was not crumbled to powder or to the touch. I think many peeps probably misinterpreted bthe original post. At least that is what I am hoping. Surely, nobody intentionally turns their flowers bto shake?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom