A detailed explanation of why fast curing buds in preferable to slow curing.

• Thread starter YarraSparra
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
way2green

way2green

I love the microwave actually! I bag per 2 zips. I live the extra buttery lifesaver! Needs salt if you yse the generic jiffy pop. The weed is cured in 4 minutes and u can really get a great feel for what dinner will taste like. If weeds crumbles just eat it. Don't want to set your face ablaze from a little butter!

dabs4life

dabs4life

i cure my weed like i like my men. fast and easy
Images 1

Kush Kloud

Kush Kloud

YarraSparra I agree with the fast curing method, that would be professional to cure weed that way for medical quality bud. But I do believe people should have a option whether they want aged weed or fresh weed. Because some real subtle qualities come out of slow cured weed like a more fermented taste and different smells and highs. Like delta-8THC is much different than delta-9THC even though it's only 80% as potent it Has anti-anxiety effects and less paranoid effects. Also CBN is good for some people because they need it to sleep for insomnia purposes and that extra relaxation, and I don't believe you mentioned this but there has been many new study's about Cannabinodiol CBDL or CBND which is actually the break down product of CBD that happens over time much slower than THC break down. This little studied compound is actually psychedelic/psychoactive and sedative which means it can get you high which is cool because now we know that CBD over time can break down and get you high so quick curing is a must for High CBD strains. Especially if someone is not looking to get high. Also CBC breaks down into CBL. But that's a whole different story.

-Kush Kloud

K

Kraken

Yarra, if you are going to be all sciencey that’s great but you will cop flak because most of what you have written has just gone right over peoples heads, including mine. That tends to jade ppl. Human psychology. Not hanging shit on ya brah, but you’re better off putting your knowledge into a book for commercial dudes who are actually into the tech.

way2green

way2green

Next you guys will tell me the Earth is round when we clearly know of ships that have fallen over the edge!
Science always makes us question what we believe and how we do things. There is a famous quote that reads" if you don't like change, you will like irrelavance even less". Seems to make since here!

Mr_GreenGenes

Mr_GreenGenes

Jeebus. Dude writes two amazing threads and gets cut down for being ‘sciencey’...
I guess in some folks minds the forums would be a better place if we all just agreed with everything that was put out. How does disagreeing with someone elses ideas or some shit he read in a book be considered disrespect? I bet people like you get your feelings hurt a lot in real life man. MGG

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
For my past outdoor crops 50 to 150 plants I did the hang until a bud stem snaps over about 10 days. Then I cut all the untrimmed branches off about 2 feet down from the top colas. Then I wrapped them in brown paper from a big roll and put them into garbage bags sealed with tape.

All the rest of the branches with golf ball and popcorn nugs I gave to a couple friends to do whatever they wanted. They smoked and sold it. It was just my wife and I trimming and I didn't make hash. We would trim every night from 8-12 or later all of Nov and Dec. We could never have done the lower branches too. It was all Skunk #1 for years and they were a time consuming trim.

We did 10 or so cola sticks each night and jarred as we went. Then we would burp the jars.

I don't think it makes a huge difference but quick dry is a bit more flavorful and potent.

As for flushing I don't do it because indoor organics and outside guerilla in the ground can't be flushed. So why flush? It is useless. And IMHO outside in the ground in good natural Pennsylvania, New York, Virginia, Kentucky and other similar soiled states is the best tasting pot and it doesn't get flushed.

So that kind of jams up the flushing theory.

This is just my opinion for sure about taste. I like fresh dried uncured pot the best. I also think seeded but seeds removed is the best tasting pot. It's even better if you remove the seeds with and album cover and a playing card. And nothing beats a joint.

Mr_GreenGenes

Mr_GreenGenes

For my past outdoor crops 50 to 150 plants I did the hang until a bud stem snaps over about 10 days. Then I cut all the untrimmed branches off about 2 feet down from the top colas. Then I wrapped them in brown paper from a big roll and put them into garbage bags sealed with tape.

All the rest of the branches with golf ball and popcorn nugs I gave to a couple friends to do whatever they wanted. They smoked and sold it. It was just my wife and I trimming and I didn't make hash. We would trim every night from 8-12 or later all of Nov and Dec. We could never have done the lower branches too. It was all Skunk #1 for years and they were a time consuming trim.

We did 10 or so cola sticks each night and jarred as we went. Then we would burp the jars.

I don't think it makes a huge difference but quick dry is a bit more flavorful and potent.

As for flushing I don't do it because indoor organics and outside guerilla in the ground can't be flushed. So why flush? It is useless. And IMHO outside in the ground in good natural Pennsylvania, New York, Virginia, Kentucky and other similar soiled states is the best tasting pot and it doesn't get flushed.

So that kind of jams up the flushing theory.

This is just my opinion for sure about taste. I like fresh dried uncured pot the best. I also think seeded but seeds removed is the best tasting pot. It's even better if you remove the seeds with and album cover and a playing card. And nothing beats a joint.

Def agree with your assessment on flushing outdoor plants that are in the ground. I've never grown an outdoor plant in a container and never would. Just curious if you gave them their regular feeds up to the day you harvested. I really think the discussion on flushing was more pointed to container grows but good point on your end.

As far as "quick dry". What exactly are you guys considering quick dry? MGG

0tt0

0tt0

Yarra I would like to apologize. I concededly backflip on what I said. So I looked up for myself. I gotta hand it to ya, you’re right on the money. Found over a dozen papers that have made me question why slow curing ever became the norm at all. I was dead certain you were wrong but you clearly did your homework. To be honest I didn’t even read your thread properly the first time, I just looked at the bottom couple of paragraphs so shame on me for calling shit on ya. So now seriously considering changing my whole drying setup. Years of refinement wasted on doctrine and I never thought twice to question it. PHaarrrrkkkkk!!!! Back to lurking for me…

dabs4life

dabs4life

guess i gotta get stoned and read some papers. and itd be cool if someone did some side by sides with some fresh product. and rehydrate the buds when the regular cure is done or would the times be off? like smell with cleansing the scent pallet in between with coffee or something, bag appeal with nice macro shots, double blind hits in precleaned one hitters.tester friends

either way i still agree that if its spot on wtf has everone been doing? and why now how many years with store fronts and mmc has it not been realized before? feel kinda like santa is fake if true. just in my head its still crazy. but if its right its right and id welcome the turn around time as would every body else in mmj

Zero Theorem

Zero Theorem

I saw the other thread on flushing. Damn good read. I bought a book on hydroponics recently and it was disappointingly basic. It’s good to see in-depth posts here that are tailored to just growing weed because it’s so much more relevant. You def need to write a book.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom