A dirty Animal, a 3-D printer, and a LED walk into a room.....

• Thread starter AnimalHouse
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
AnimalHouse

AnimalHouse

Supporter
Upcanned and flipped on Thanksgiving! Each lady got a fresh 7 gallons of Roots Lush soil and the other two lights joined the party.
I also installed the trellis net support

IMG 3794

IMG 3796

IMG 3795

IMG 3797

Ganjadad

Ganjadad

It's free to download but you'll need a micro SD card and access to a 3D printer. See below...

www.tinkercad.com

Tinkercad user Animal House.
www.tinkercad.com
www.tinkercad.com
For anybody who wants to make these it's super simple and you don't really need to own a 3-D printer if there's a place like some UPS stores have one for rent and even some public libraries have printers people can use for free.
So yeah go to my profile and click on a design. The design will come up in a window with an option to either tinker with it or download it as is. Click download and save it on your PC. Get a micro SD card, I prefer 8gb because my printer does not like bigger storage than that, and save the file on the SD card. Then you can take that card and plug it into a printer and print it out.
If a design I have is not public just let me know here and I'll open it up. Some are still a work in progress.
Can I just buy one off of you😁

Ganjadad

Ganjadad

AnimalHouse

AnimalHouse

Supporter
Filling in the screen

IMG 3809

IMG 3811

To manage the shoots stretching too much above all the other shoots I designed this S hook on the 3D printer to pull them down and tie them to the net.
I call it the Lightning Hook 😋

IMG 3810

AnimalHouse

AnimalHouse

Supporter
It's official..lightning hooks and an adjustable height net have cured my long time issues with stretchy ladies. I should finally have enough head room towards the end to use my UV lights more effectively

IMG 3817

IMG 3818

IMG 3813

IMG 3819

IMG 3820

IMG 3821

IMG 3822

On the other side of the room I've set up my squishin' station

IMG 3824

3D printed custom bag loader

IMG 3843

I love to see it!

Good haul and trying to use the grow lights "view mode" to wash out the blurple

IMG 3831

IMG 3834

IMG 3835

Peels off the paper like a fruit roll up and balls up ez

IMG 3838

In the end a big ass ball of delicious wax and it's time to get wasted! 😋

IMG 3841

AnimalHouse

AnimalHouse

Supporter
Killin it bro! Great stuff going on here ☝️

Many thanks Buddy!
My last grow was mediocre to bad plagued by laziness, lack of time, and spider mites. Mighta been my worst effort ever so I made a pact to not let that happen again and just do better.
It's really paying off and I couldn't be more happy with the improvements I've made and how things are playing out.

Managing stretch has been bewildering for me and the last grow was a major issue. This grow taught me some things in those regards and showed me the stretchers show that trait early on, like in seedling stage, and so do the mild stretchers and the ones that won't stretch at all. So I've concluded here is not my lights, soil, water, air, or even genetics really for me. It's just a trait some plants will show and I can't prevent it but can manage it with the screen and hooks.

I'm also very pleased with my nugsmasher press and even more so the new bags and paper I'm using. No more blow outs from the bags or paper and I'm getting my best yields off the press now. So yeah I'm a happy animal right now!

A few better pics of my hash ball after shaping it into a puck and pulling bits to dab in my pen vape

IMG 3844

IMG 3847

IMG 3849

GrilledCheeze

GrilledCheeze

I recently spent a few days 3d printing all kinds of upgrades for my 4x4 tent. I found a really cool SCROG adaptor that clips onto the side support poles and allows you to connect 1/2" or 3/4" PVC directly. It was kind of tough to print but it's awesome. I gained 2" square of additional space over my 1/2" with PVC 90s and it's much cleaner looking as well although I did have to rebuild my frame, but now I have 2! Another awesome upgrade for my tent was the clips that slide over your top rails that allow you to attach the million things that hang from your ceiling. They are super strong (60% infill with hex pattern) and look much better than the zip ties I was using.

I'm very interested in your germination contraption. I tried to find you on the tinkercad website but I don't see any available files to download? Have you tried thingiverse, printables, or cults3d to search for prints? Those are my go to sites.

Looks like you're having a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to whatever else you might come up with. Have a happy Christmas friend!

AnimalHouse

AnimalHouse

Supporter
I recently spent a few days 3d printing all kinds of upgrades for my 4x4 tent. I found a really cool SCROG adaptor that clips onto the side support poles and allows you to connect 1/2" or 3/4" PVC directly. It was kind of tough to print but it's awesome. I gained 2" square of additional space over my 1/2" with PVC 90s and it's much cleaner looking as well although I did have to rebuild my frame, but now I have 2! Another awesome upgrade for my tent was the clips that slide over your top rails that allow you to attach the million things that hang from your ceiling. They are super strong (60% infill with hex pattern) and look much better than the zip ties I was using.

I'm very interested in your germination contraption. I tried to find you on the tinkercad website but I don't see any available files to download? Have you tried thingiverse, printables, or cults3d to search for prints? Those are my go to sites.

Looks like you're having a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to whatever else you might come up with. Have a happy Christmas friend!

The seed germinator is genius; simple yet effective.
Somebody should be all over it.
I want one. 👍

Glad Y'all like this thing...I'll try to post the links to the downloads and maybe that will bypass tinkercad and give you a .STL file to download. From there you'll need to upload the file to your slicing program.
If this don't work I'll try other options or just start printing some for people requesting them and figure it out from there

Cover download

corrugated insert

back cover plate

GrilledCheeze

GrilledCheeze

Glad Y'all like this thing...I'll try to post the links to the downloads and maybe that will bypass tinkercad and give you a .STL file to download. From there you'll need to upload the file to your slicing program.
If this don't work I'll try other options or just start printing some for people requesting them and figure it out from there

Cover download

corrugated insert

back cover plate
Thank you! I'm happy with the first layer, I'll let you know how she turns out in 19ish hours lol.

3d germ
AnimalHouse

AnimalHouse

Supporter
Now it gets real sporty. UV has joined the party. Life under the blurple tri-Sun is at max power with every available spectral nanometer being tossed at the ladies. Just like pasta on the wall and seeing what sticks. 11.5 on, 12.5 off. UV turns on for 4 hours during the final 5 hours of lights on each day.

Feeding / watering remains an every other day thing alternating 1/2 strength liquid fish and seaweed, pure RO water, 1/2 strength brewed Terp Tea

A lovely aroma of baby shit, rotten fruit, sour milk or buttermilk, and dead skunk fill the room🤗

IMG 3893

IMG 3902

IMG 3903

IMG 3904

IMG 3901

IMG 3900

IMG 3899

IMG 3897

IMG 3896

IMG 3895

IMG 3898
Last edited:
AnimalHouse

AnimalHouse

Supporter
A few days under the UV and all seems to be fine. These lights just make me nervous, always looking for an issue they may cause. No burning or anything so that's good. Ladies were on the perky side of things last night so that had me feeling groovy. Not sure yet if they UV is making things better as in more frosty but certainly not hurting anything so far

IMG 3916

IMG 3917

IMG 3918

Also been pleased to see no bottom yellowing or worse, leaf drop

IMG 3919

AnimalHouse

AnimalHouse

Supporter
Home stretch, I doubt this grow goes past another two weeks.
Been probably two weeks since the last feeding so now they just get water every day. Seems to be more than enough gas in the tank to finish out food wise. Few shoots are showing signs of nute burn but everything else looks clean.
The stench from this crop is almost out of control and can make me gag a little now. Outside the room it's getting a little pungent. Inside the room is loud AF. Rotting fruit, dead skunk, fresh baked bread, sour milk, and a candy store like potpourri of funk.
Lots of resinous leaves is gonna make for a lot of usable material for rosin later so I'm pleased with that. No bugs or pesticides have been used so they'll be clean and worth keeping. Thinking about maybe pulling out my old dry sifting racks and squish dry sift as well as flowers when that time comes. There will be options which is a nice problem to have🥳

No signs of mold or sickness. Air flow and exhaust are maxed out. Buds are not real big. Used to having some donky dick colas on hybrids I grow but this being all indica very few are bigger than a beer bottle, more like the size of a medium sized toothpaste tube but they have rock solid density I like. Doubt they lose too much biomass after drying

IMG 3966

IMG 3947

IMG 3955

IMG 3956

IMG 3972

Getting some light bleaching on a few tips

IMG 3974

IMG 3978

Interesting leaf has me wondering if I'll find some bud leaves at harvest

IMG 3960

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Home stretch, I doubt this grow goes past another two weeks.
Been probably two weeks since the last feeding so now they just get water every day. Seems to be more than enough gas in the tank to finish out food wise. Few shoots are showing signs of nute burn but everything else looks clean.
The stench from this crop is almost out of control and can make me gag a little now. Outside the room it's getting a little pungent. Inside the room is loud AF. Rotting fruit, dead skunk, fresh baked bread, sour milk, and a candy store like potpourri of funk.
Lots of resinous leaves is gonna make for a lot of usable material for rosin later so I'm pleased with that. No bugs or pesticides have been used so they'll be clean and worth keeping. Thinking about maybe pulling out my old dry sifting racks and squish dry sift as well as flowers when that time comes. There will be options which is a nice problem to have🥳

No signs of mold or sickness. Air flow and exhaust are maxed out. Buds are not real big. Used to having some donky dick colas on hybrids I grow but this being all indica very few are bigger than a beer bottle, more like the size of a medium sized toothpaste tube but they have rock solid density I like. Doubt they lose too much biomass after drying

View attachment 1317570

View attachment 1317566

View attachment 1317561

View attachment 1317562

View attachment 1317563

View attachment 1317567

Getting some light bleaching on a few tips

View attachment 1317568

View attachment 1317569

Interesting leaf has me wondering if I'll find some bud leaves at harvest

View attachment 1317565
Nice grow dude!

You think bleaching has to do with UV?

Love the colors. You have a talent for photography. I see a POTM nomination in your future.

AnimalHouse

AnimalHouse

Supporter
Nice grow dude!

You think bleaching has to do with UV?

Love the colors. You have a talent for photography. I see a POTM nomination in your future.
Thanks Buddy! Camera work could be better and I'm working on that. Just using an Ipad and these lights in "view mode" don't help much. Thinking about cutting them off and using the ceiling fan light to see if that helps with shadows and focus.

No the bleaching has nothing to do with UV. I have 3 CLW Solarsystem lights which two are 1st gen models. They've been bleaching tips since day one about 6 years ago and need headroom but the center light is 2nd gen and wont bleach plants. Just the pains of blurple LED. Really solid lights but bleaching is an issue with those 1st gen lights. I think it's in the white diodes. The 1st gen whites have an HPS glow while 2nd gen has a CMH glow.

AnimalHouse

AnimalHouse

Supporter
Had to clear some space in the stash fridge this week in prep for the upcoming harvest. Two 1oz grove bags full of multi strain popcorn and frosty leaf converted into 15grams of various textured rosin. I think I'll warm it a little on the modem so it melts together and let it dry up some then ball it into a golf ball size chunk of hash 😋

IMG 3988

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Modem? Like for internet? So just really low and slow?

I’m digging your light setup man. Hoping you find something special and repeatable with UVB. Very few people that I have seen that use it in a way that it has a chance to hack into a special response. If you want to borrow my uv meters I’ll lend them to you. If you do happen upon something here I’d love to get some readings from your setup. I’ve taken it all out of my tents back to just baseline on visible spectrum.

Latest posts

Top Bottom