A few shots of my rooms growing in Beds with some new strains WIFI X SOUR D and...

• Thread starter JACKMAYOFFER
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
true grit

true grit

Z-Ro- the 200g smart pot is cut down to about 10" in height and no its not too large for a 4x4, actually without corners its slightly smaller than a 4x4 tray and I will be using SmartPots 4x4 tray liner that they don't really advertise for but have. The 200g smarties work just fine in 4x4 trays tho.

As for justification- its all preference. Each smartie only takes 6-8 bags and can be re-used til u pretty much run out...so what maybe a year if flushed well each time? for you it would depend on how many flips per light you get and if you re-use coco as is. Frankly for the added growth, ease of replant, and lack of watering needed vs. standard smart pot i will always prefer beds. Yield has been pretty close to the same for me, but I haven't really nailed a bed the way i need to yet...soon.

JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
I am using 2x4x4 square smart pots in every 4x8 tray my hydro store has them next day when i order them no special order they work alot better and cheaper then the 200 gallon smart pots.U can get away with the trays that arent as deep but the deep ones fit like a glove ..I still have one room with smart pots and it sucks to have to tear them down wash and refill that many smart pots we use 3 to 5 gallon smart pots depending on how many are ran per tray...:character0095:

Venom818

Venom818

I am using 2x4x4 square smart pots in every 4x8 tray my hydro store has them next day when i order them no special order they work alot better and cheaper then the 200 gallon smart pots.U can get away with the traus that arent as deep but they fit like a glove in the deep trays..I still have one room with smart pots and it sucks to have to tear them down wash anx refill that many smart pots we use 3 to 5 gallon smart pots depending on how many are ran per tray...

is that 2x4x4x or are you saying 2 4x4 smartpots,thnx

JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
A 200g smart pot actually has a 50 inch base that will be a bit cramped up if you just drop it in a 4x4. If you are familiar with the company Geopots, they make a tray liner that is a 4x4(also have 3x3, 3x6 and 4x8) square with a pvc frame for support but they are more expensive. They also make a 150g that has a 44 inch base and will sit in a tray without distorting the shape or airflow around the container. Im still really wanting to give the beds a try but i just cant justify the extra medium when im getting 1.5 per light with only a single bag of coco per light/tray no c02. For me bringing in 20 bags of medium is already a lot in my location, couldnt imagine trying to bring in 80 bags without my neighbors going wtf is this guy doin?

How are you able to reuse the beds without getting all the roots out and avoid diseases, lots of enzymes?

is that 2x4x4x or are you saying 2 4x4 smartpots,thnx

Sorry bro ya its 2- 4x4 square smart pots in every tray..

SAMCRO

SAMCRO

Thanks Jack for coming back to answer a few questions. Appreciate it. Wish you were on more often these days with more photos and grow diaries. Love them very much and have helped out BIG TIME.

squarepusher

squarepusher

41GtApPB3wL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Smart-Pot-Liner-Tray-x48/dp/B004O3NKDI

DrCALIGREENTHUM

DrCALIGREENTHUM

Great to see to still rockin homie
Ill be waiting for that feeding setup pic

quick question how much are you pumping in those 3 mins into the bed?
Have you always fed them with feeding lines or have you tried the weekly feeding?

aleYarok

aleYarok

where the new photos at you where talking about?
youre a huge inspiration to all of us jack. thanks for sharing with the farm

brotherlewrl

brotherlewrl

a local hydro store in santa rosa is selling the smart pots in 4x8 now, just thought you might be interested? "hydro warehouse" i believe. Thanks for all the absolute best pics, a real standard to set!

Z

Z-ro

any store that sells smart pots can get you what ever you need. dont go to hydro warehouse, those are the slimiest guys in the biz.

MileHighMagic

MileHighMagic

Lookin GREAT Jack, Did I hear you say UC-outdoors?? Any more information on that?!?!?!?!

BCrocker

BCrocker

Nice!! I am going to try these 4x4 pots out.. As I already do 4x8 beds at one spot

BCrocker

BCrocker

Question for JACK: Your next round you state you will be switching to pure Canna Coco. Why no cut with perlite? I find it stays wet for about 3 days in my case. (only in veg)

xrob415x

xrob415x

Hey bro nice grow. U have my favorite grow logs on here..I run H&G but after seeing your logs I wanna try heavy 16. How is the salt buildup with it?And also do you see a big improvment running big bud prior to the MOAB/HH combo? Is it more effective than running HH the whole way thru? I am gunna be trying the Combo on my next run but will substitue the HH with Buddahs Tree which has the same ratio but more economical and concentrated. Keep up the good work an thanks for finding the time to post you logs.

Top Bottom