A Forum Breeding Project (in more than 5 words)

• Thread starter Grownsince95
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

I guess it depends on your goal. If you want the most potent buds with the best high, crossing to any auto is a recipe for disaster. If the goal is to shorten flowering time, use a pure indica, or just keep selecting the most potent and fast for breeding.
Hey, old timer!

If u would like delivery options to kick things up
Cosolvents
Sublingual- not defined by eyedropper swallowed immediately
Empty stomach
Combine
Tear duct
Bottom of feet
Delayed release small intestine delivery
Directly to cb1&2 receptors; the only 2 FOUND

if f1 isn't enough power

We can reenact effects of any drug

Only

Better

Hope u n the fam are doin well, both of Yaz

😁

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

I would like to become involved. I just had a F1 sprout today. The seed was a, well, a shitty seed. I believe it is Banana Kush or Strawana crossed with a Sheeliwathi male because I wanted to shorten the Sheeliwathi flowering time. I have a male Red Bud that I'm deciding what to do with it. I'll probably collect the pollen from it. I cloned it so I'm really in no hurry. When I collect pollen, I place the buds in a bag for a week or so. I then shake the pollen off and remove the cuttings from the bag. I then vacuum the bag and place in a freezer. Right now, I have seeds in my refrigerator. I plan on keeping them in the fridge for about 4 months. Then I'm going to separate the best seeds from the lot. I'll place my best seeds back in a new paper lunch bag. Even if it's just a few seeds. I'll vacuum then place in the freezer.
If u have any that are too premature to pop
- I reused grow plugs in 4-500ppm 5.8 aero
Had 4 volunteers
They didn't pop
Just crossed fingers
The seedling not lvl
Was a surrogate system
They matured in bout a month
I'm goin wtf???

It came to me; eventually...

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
NEWS FLASH ...... Hot the press OD has been seen dusting a Cheese Dawg female with Loctite Chocolate 🍫 Tai ..... The method used was a complete success and both Male & Female are enjoying a bottle of nute feed over a fantastic spring day in Ho Town , we have reason to believe MrOD was incredibly joyful and was extremely happy with today’s procedure and is looking forward to the very near future to do it again ........ you can tell I’m bored right yeah ....... 🤪🙃🤩🥸

growsince79

growsince79

Found this while looking at seeds.

The breeder's creed

Proper cannabis breeding takes time and patience and an acute attention to detail. It takes a discerning eye and a refined palate. If I don't throw away 90% of my work then I am not doing it right. I have many failures for every success. It is of utmost importance that I am humble and always recognize that as a breeder I am simply a building block in the long evolution of cannabis that started at the dawn of civilization and will continue until long after I am gone. Like science, the sharing of information is the key to progress. I recognize that I didn't "create" anything, I simply improved upon it. I pledge to work as a team towards a common goal. I pledge to unify and not to divide. I pledge to always breed with a purpose and never let down the people who came before me. I pledge to carry the torch in their names, and I pledge to pass the torch when I am finished.

—Written by Adam, Founder of Twenty20

trichome covered male

Last edited:
Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Found this while looking at seeds.

The breeder's creed

Proper cannabis breeding takes time and patience and an acute attention to detail. It takes a discerning eye and a refined palate. If I don't throw away 90% of my work then I am not doing it right. I have many failures for every success. It is of utmost importance that I am humble and always recognize that as a breeder I am simply a building block in the long evolution of cannabis that started at the dawn of civilization and will continue until long after I am gone. Like science, the sharing of information is the key to progress. I recognize that I didn't "create" anything, I simply improved upon it. I pledge to work as a team towards a common goal. I pledge to unify and not to divide. I pledge to always breed with a purpose and never let down the people who came before me. I pledge to carry the torch in their names, and I pledge to pass the torch when I am finished.

—Written by Adam, Founder of Twenty20

trichome covered male
View attachment 1060187
Great quote! And much love and respect to the Twenty20 crew! I just got a pack of Hot Mess fems from them yesterday! Beans shipped 10/8 just arrived. I thought customs had taken them. 👍
20201124 143539

Every other order from insaneseeds.com came in 5 to 7 days so go figure

growsince79

growsince79

Great quote! And much love and respect to the Twenty20 crew! I just got a pack of Hot Mess fems from them yesterday! Beans shipped 10/8 just arrived. I thought customs had taken them. 👍
View attachment 1060209
Every other order from insaneseeds.com came in 5 to 7 days so go figure
I was trying to decide between hot mess or avenue of the giants. The store had both. I ended up buying the Arcata trainwreck and they gave me Made of Honor free. I have never grown their stuff before. But its on my waiting list.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
I was trying to decide between hot mess or avenue of the giants. The store had both. I ended up buying the Arcata trainwreck and they gave me Made of Honor free. I have never grown their stuff before. But its on my waiting list.
And I know what you mean by waiting list now too. I ordered a bunch of stuff before I decided to do this little breeding project so all of those are getting put on the back burner until I can grow out a bunch of these F1's. There's also some beans coming from fellow farmers which I promised to squeeze in so 2021 is going to be sick! 😷 (no pun intended 😄)

🌱

IrishRob

IrishRob

I got lucky this is my first grow and the owner of Driftwood Genetics is a good friend so I got 5 of his personal clones, Apple Fritter × Runtz, and Amerello Lemonade × Banana Punch. They have amazing genetics thanks Jeff

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Oh yeah almost forgot about this!

20201125 155032

Definitely not touching it until I get some good info here from farmers with experience using it. 👍

Please feel free to drop your SOP/best practices here in this thread, thanks! ❤🌱

bunkerking

bunkerking

Oh yeah almost forgot about this!

View attachment 1060271

Definitely not touching it until I get some good info here from farmers with experience using it. 👍

Please feel free to drop your SOP/best practices here in this thread, thanks! ❤🌱

From my understanding.

If you are selfing. Dont pollinate "use the seeds" the branch that got CS sprayed on it. Can have issues if you grow those ones out.

Never smoke a plant thats been sprayed with CS.

Dino70

Dino70

I think you can mix that with corn starch to make it stable and stretch it out right?
I use flour on my male pollen and works but you have to cook the flour to temp of175° but don't burn it and I've had luck storing in my seed cabinet which is dark and warm I see people using the refrigerator I don't like the idea unthawing and refreezeing it mosture is the enemy if you ever get pollen somewhere you don't want it spray bottle with water kills pollen even on your self.

Dino70

Dino70

Flour/cornstarch keeps it dry and stretches it further. it sure don't take much pollen to make thousands of seeds 3 dips with a paint brush will do a good size top but when its time if your only getting a few seeds I insulate the branch label it I take off all fan leaves around the flower you want to pollenate so nothing in your way turn off fans it start from top work down to your mark once everything is finished wash and take shower and change pollen is invisible and can be on your clothes
The bud that was pollenated should have had white pistol hairs and after about a hour or so the hairs should curl up and start turning orangie if that has happened I sprayed it down with water if happy with your work turn everything back on to normal flower just let the flower rippen 4-6 weeks after pollenated longer the more vial seeds 3 dips you have thousands of seeds this is paint brush I use and just.
20201125 153501

Last edited:
TinkTHC

TinkTHC

I w
The title says it all...

My goal for this thread is to create a forum based, community breeding project that serves as a hands-on educational resource for hobby breeders. This is in no way an attempt to create some hot new strain. But if eventually successful (million to 1 odds) the goal would be our own IBL.

Anyone who has contemplated pollinating their own flowers to create a hybrid and done some reading has come across intimidating statements like this: "you need a 1000 plants to breed correctly!" and "hobby breeders just chuck pollen and hope for the best"...while there's tons of truth to those statements, I think a lot of learning can be accomplished with much fewer plants. Even if its just finding some great moms along the way, it will be an opportunity to go step by step through the process together with some help from all of the experienced breeders here on the farm!

The plan is this:

1. Document and discuss the pollination of the P1 generation which I am about to do.
2. I will distribute the F1 seeds to the farmers.
3. Farmers grow out the first generation.
4. Great discussions happen!
5. Each farmer chooses two plants to cross and makes F2 seeds.

At this point things get way more loose and the real fun kicks in. The intent here is to create structure and organization without "rules" per se. Hopefully we will have participants that cover a wide rage of experience that can take this in many different directions. Some of us may want to collectively select for specific traits while some may want to go their own direction. All will be valuable to the learning experience as a whole.

Since we started from the same two parents, we will all be growing parallel genetic lines who's seeds can be traded between one another and back crossed or cloned etc as we see fit. I will keep the original parents for the entire run. However, it is important for each individual farmer to go at his or her own pace and skill level and obviously every grow will have it's limits.

The way we accomplish the organizational aspect is with a simple catalog system started from the very beginning. Each grower will be assigned a letter. This is followed by the generation, sex and plant number. A cross looks like this:

B0F01 x B0M01

B- Me, the grower
0- Generation, in this case 0 is the parents to the line
F- Sex of the plant. Male would be M
01- Plant number, always two digits.

My F1 cross might then look like this:

B1F05×B1M02

It will be up to each grower to catalog specific plant traits by plant # however they see fit, and due to the nature of the forum pictures and details should be very easy to share. There's power in numbers, but even if only a few of us participate, we should all learn a little more about hobby breeding and just how diverse and beautiful cannabis really is.

That being said, this will not be a seed giveaway. I'm not pretending to have crazy desirable genetics, but there's always people looking to take advantage. I will automatically include any thcfarmer patreon supporters and forum mods. After those criteria there's not a lot of actual metrics to judge by except a given member's activity on thcfarmer right? I think those of us that spend a good amount of time here get to know one another and the members who contribute to the community as a whole. I'm going to use my best judgment and be as inclusive as possible.

If everyone thinks I'm nuts and I wind up the only participant..? Then I'll have a mod move this to the grow diaries forum 🤣🌱
I would like to contribute to the project if it hasn’t started yet.🧐....I’m willing support and contribute to this endeavor....

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
UPDATE: Mr. Dad has grown his sacs.

I had an idea inspired by a poor ol' doggo coming out of the vet today. 💡

20201127 145218
20201127 145214
20201127 145544
20201127 145929
20201127 145939

And back with his bitches 🐶🐶🐶