A Forum Breeding Project (in more than 5 words)

• Thread starter Grownsince95
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I will probably just seed the clones from all four anyway just because lol.

My question for the group is this? Is there a safe window at the end of flowering to seed one tent while avoiding accidentally pollinating the other? Or if there is cross pollinating event, is a week or 2 enough to ruin a crop?
You can pollinate just a branch at a time if you are careful. So, I imagine you could do the same for one whole tent at a time.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Should also note that in my opinion, 2 and 5 have a more sativa looking leaf and structure and getting more sativa genetics back into the gene pool is definitely a goal of mine.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
You can pollinate just a branch at a time if you are careful. So, I imagine you could do the same for one whole tent at a time.
What if you just wanted to let it fly and make like a 1000 seeds? I'm trying to do a big run so I can pass out as many as I can

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Also @Milson I'm planning on collecting and storing pollen at the same time to try and demonstrate that technique as well. This will be my first time ever doing both though.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
What if you just wanted to let it fly and make like a 1000 seeds? I'm trying to do a big run so I can pass out as many as I can
I think you understand mechanically what I am saying...so I guess if you wanted to patiently do them all then you could, right?

Or just take the tent as far away as possible, pollinate it, leave it there for a while (at least half a day...I would do a bit more), hose everything down, take off your clothes, shower, say a prayer, and hope that it will be fine. Idk.

Hortulanus

Hortulanus

I think you understand mechanically what I am saying...so I guess if you wanted to patiently do them all then you could, right?

Or just take the tent as far away as possible, pollinate it, leave it there for a while (at least half a day...I would do a bit more), hose everything down, take off your clothes, shower, say a prayer, and hope that it will be fine. Idk.

Pollen gets in the darnedest places man.

You move that male and my indoor plants in Canada could get pollinated lol

But for real you are going to get seeds where you don’t want unless your shit is hermetically sealed.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter

Or just take the tent as far away as possible, pollinate it, leave it there for a while for a day or two, hose everything down, take off your clothes, shower, say a prayer, and hope that it will be fine. Idk.
So I'm probably headed towards a giant disaster but that's ok . Def cannot move a tent. If I wind up with 2 tents full of seeds I can still buy some flower for a few months while I recover I guess.

But I guess let me narrow down the question a little... say you had a Hermie in your tent in the last 2 weeks would you harvest early or would you just let it ride out? How about in the last week?

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Pollen gets in the darnedest places man.

You move that male and my indoor plants in Canada could get pollinated lol

But for real you are going to get seeds where you don’t want unless your shit is hermetically sealed.
But how late in a grow would it not be an issue?

Hortulanus

Hortulanus

So I'm probably headed towards a giant disaster but that's ok . Def cannot move a tent. If I wind up with 2 tents full of seeds I can still buy some flower for a few months while I recover I guess.

But I guess let me narrow down the question a little... say you had a Hermie in your tent in the last 2 weeks would you harvest early or would you just let it ride out? How about in the last week?

Two weeks out, I’d just pick off the anthers or nanners. One week out, I probably ain’t doing anything.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
So the reason it is an issue is that the plant puts its energy into growing seeds and not producing cannabinoids, terps, etc. So your production of desirable chemical compounds gets hamstrung on a branch with seeds.

So basically it is a matter of how "undercooked" your end product ends up being, at least in terms of thc.

Kind of.

I think?

Hortulanus

Hortulanus

I did it two weeks out before and still got a bunch of premature seeds in my other females that were near by and they were annoying to pick out. But honestly dude how bad are some seeds to pick through vs buying dispensary?

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
I did it two weeks out before and still got a bunch of premature seeds in my other females that were near by and they were annoying to pick out. But honestly dude how bad are some seeds to pick through vs buying dispensary?
What dispensary? 😆 I'm in outlaw land bro ❤🌱❤ the tide is turning though. Just a PATH train away now 👍

Last edited:
Hortulanus

Hortulanus

Does no one remember smoking seeded bud? It’s annoying but it still works. I’ve been smoking seeded buds from my cottage grow and I love it’s psychotropic action. Maybe it would be stronger sin semillia but ain’t that the cost of doing business?

amekins

amekins

So the reason it is an issue is that the plant puts its energy into growing seeds and not producing cannabinoids, terps, etc. So your production of desirable chemical compounds gets hamstrung on a branch with seeds.

So basically it is a matter of how "undercooked" your end product ends up being, at least in terms of thc.

Kind of.

I think?
That is my understanding. However, it needs to happen early enough in flower that the seeds mature, right?

amekins

amekins

Does no one remember smoking seeded bud? It’s annoying but it still works. I’ve been smoking seeded buds from my cottage grow and I love it’s psychotropic action. Maybe it would be stronger sin semillia but ain’t that the cost of doing business?
I’ve done it many times and still do if I have it.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Looking for Physical Sativa traits or Sativa effects?
Definitely effects. But I don't mind a taller plant and longer flower time if it gets that nice energetic, creative high I like.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
So from flip to pollen it's about 3 weeks? Should the girls get a head start so they have more bud sights to pollinate?

Top Bottom