A grow diary.

• Thread starter Kanzeon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Most importantly, and this is a testament to how high I am, my stomach doesn't hurt. I had a neighbor drive me to the hospital a couple days ago because it hurt so bad I thought I might have appendicitis. I've only been able to eat a couple PB&J sandwiches and a half bowl of Special K in the last 4-5 days.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Most importantly, and this is a testament to how high I am, my stomach doesn't hurt. I had a neighbor drive me to the hospital a couple days ago because it hurt so bad I thought I might have appendicitis. I've only been able to eat a couple PB&J sandwiches and a half bowl of Special K in the last 4-5 days.
Oof, sorry about your stomach. I hope things improve soon.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Oof, sorry about your stomach. I hope things improve soon.

Haha thanks man, but they won't. It's an ongoing thing since PTSD, 2 years ago. I lost 50 pounds in 2.5 months afterward before I figured out how weed could help me eat. It's the biggest reason I need it as medicine.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Screenshot from 2020 09 01 22 32 27

25 micron, 45, and 110. The 25 has been pressed, the other two left to dry more thoroughly in the fridge. They're not bad, the 45 and 110 are almost full melt.

So, uh, Motherlode Kush has pushed past the horrible thrip infestation to produce some impressive nugs.

Screenshot from 2020 09 01 22 30 29

Siberian Haze #1, finishing up in a few weeks.

Screenshot from 2020 09 01 22 31 46
Screenshot from 2020 09 01 22 32 01

The whole flower room. The Siberian Haze #2 is the deficient one in the middle, thinking it's either iron or manganese, but both are in the new batch of flower nutes that I made a while ago.

Screenshot from 2020 09 01 22 29 56

I've got more vegging plants than space to veg them at the moment, so the tiny ones can immediately get up-potted when a new plant goes into flower. The infant plants on the left are Brothers Grimm Killer Queen, DNA's Sour Sorbet, and RSC's Iranian landrace.

Screenshot from 2020 09 01 22 29 38

The babies: Sky Cuddler Double Kush, Orient Express, '88 G13 Hashplant, Herijuana, and Sannie's Jack.

Screenshot from 2020 09 01 22 29 26

And the males! Uzbeknepanama is the wonderfully stretchy lady in the back, as well as the one in front of that. Collected pollen from the two hardiest male and female plants and crossed them for the F2 pheno hunt as well, which I'm super excited about.

Screenshot from 2020 09 01 22 28 55

And the bottom half of the males, because it had to be so zoomed out to get the tall dude in there.

Screenshot from 2020 09 01 22 46 49

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

The expressions of that Silverfields hash over the last few weeks have been fascinating. The pressed one is getting darker, developing more savory notes like black tea and charred onion. The 110 is almost, almost full melt. It completely turns to liquid on the banger, but leaves a tiny bit of residue.

I'm actually taking a break right now after repotting two Col'Jam females and flipping 710's Mango and... something else that I can't remember right now. Told you that hash was good!

They were both far less developed than I would have liked before flipping, but there are better pedigreed strains nipping at their heels that were planted later and have more vegetative growth. Moonshine x Amnesia, ECSD x Moonshine, Col'Jam (Colombian Gold x Jamaican Lambsbread), Herijuana, Sannie's Jack, Motherlode Kush, Lambsbread x AK-49...

I'll be doing a bunch of pollenating later tonight. Uzbeknepanama, Black Afghani, Uzi, Sannie's Jack, and a couple others are blowing loads right now, with a bunch more getting ready behind them.

Aaaaand I also need to make hash from that AK-47 tonight.

And make another batch of dirt.

I crossed that Siberian Haze plant with Silverfields pollen a while back. After sampling both strains, that was probably a good idea. Lots of sativa lineage, but a very small overlap of genetics between them.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
The expressions of that Silverfields hash over the last few weeks have been fascinating. The pressed one is getting darker, developing more savory notes like black tea and charred onion. The 110 is almost, almost full melt. It completely turns to liquid on the banger, but leaves a tiny bit of residue.

I'm actually taking a break right now after repotting two Col'Jam females and flipping 710's Mango and... something else that I can't remember right now. Told you that hash was good!

They were both far less developed than I would have liked before flipping, but there are better pedigreed strains nipping at their heels that were planted later and have more vegetative growth. Moonshine x Amnesia, ECSD x Moonshine, Col'Jam (Colombian Gold x Jamaican Lambsbread), Herijuana, Sannie's Jack, Motherlode Kush, Lambsbread x AK-49...

I'll be doing a bunch of pollenating later tonight. Uzbeknepanama, Black Afghani, Uzi, Sannie's Jack, and a couple others are blowing loads right now, with a bunch more getting ready behind them.

Aaaaand I also need to make hash from that AK-47 tonight.

And make another batch of dirt.

I crossed that Siberian Haze plant with Silverfields pollen a while back. After sampling both strains, that was probably a good idea. Lots of sativa lineage, but a very small overlap of genetics between them.
Good God how are you trying all these strains?! Sounds amazing!

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Roflmao...!!! There’s this guy named Mark on Strainly. I’ve got 21 strains going right now lol :)))). This dude is doing a great job :)

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Necessity is the mother of invention! I need meds, and I have a tendency to build a tolerance to strains quickly. So I drop a lot of seeds, and kill off a lot of plants for a variety of reasons. I'm not sure how many different strains I have right now

Not gonna lie, though, that Sinai hash was fucking garbage. There's some potential in that line, but they had this weird aroma to them, like if the bitter aftertaste of stevia was a smell. I mean, I'm still going to save and reduce the iso from cleaning the bags, of course.

Let's keep the Mark from Strainly talk out of this thread, please. Nothing personal, but I have no intention of ever running his gear.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Orient Express, Herijuana, Sannie's Jack, Sky Cuddler Double Kush, Killer Queen, and '88 G13 Hashplant.

Screenshot from 2020 09 04 23 24 59

Veg, updated. On the left in the deli containers are RSC's Iranian and the last Killer Queen that may or may not survive. On the right are the ECSD x Moonshine and Moonshine x Amnesia. Lambsbread x AK49 are on both back corners, and they're absolute units.

Screenshot from 2020 09 04 23 24 43

This closet is so stinky, haha.

Screenshot from 2020 09 04 23 24 51

And flower! Both Siberian Hazes are nearing the finish line, along with Motherlode Kush (second from right, second from top) and AK Kush after that. Of all of those, one Siberian Haze was actually the size that I wanted it to be before flipping, and it shows.

Screenshot from 2020 09 04 23 24 31

On the right are Ukhrul, Nepalma, Herijuana, Col' Jam, and a few more that I'm likely forgetting.

Screenshot from 2020 09 04 23 24 22

And the hash, about to be washed.

Screenshot from 2020 09 04 23 24 11

Terpz719

Terpz719

Orient Express, Herijuana, Sannie's Jack, Sky Cuddler Double Kush, Killer Queen, and '88 G13 Hashplant.

View attachment 1026038

Veg, updated. On the left in the deli containers are RSC's Iranian and the last Killer Queen that may or may not survive. On the right are the ECSD x Moonshine and Moonshine x Amnesia. Lambsbread x AK49 are on both back corners, and they're absolute units.

View attachment 1026040

This closet is so stinky, haha.

View attachment 1026039

And flower! Both Siberian Hazes are nearing the finish line, along with Motherlode Kush (second from right, second from top) and AK Kush after that. Of all of those, one Siberian Haze was actually the size that I wanted it to be before flipping, and it shows.

View attachment 1026041

On the right are Ukhrul, Nepalma, Herijuana, Col' Jam, and a few more that I'm likely forgetting.

View attachment 1026042

And the hash, about to be washed.

View attachment 1026043
I love all the exotic strains you're running. I finally got around to ordering some Nepalma. I also picked up some of their Triple Pakistan. It's been a long time since I ordered from overseas. My interaction with Underground Seeds has been great so far. Thanks again for the recommendations!

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Necessity is the mother of invention! I need meds, and I have a tendency to build a tolerance to strains quickly. So I drop a lot of seeds, and kill off a lot of plants for a variety of reasons. I'm not sure how many different strains I have right now

Not gonna lie, though, that Sinai hash was fucking garbage. There's some potential in that line, but they had this weird aroma to them, like if the bitter aftertaste of stevia was a smell. I mean, I'm still going to save and reduce the iso from cleaning the bags, of course.

Let's keep the Mark from Strainly talk out of this thread, please. Nothing personal, but I have no intention of ever running his gear.
PM me. I’d love to hear the backstory.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

I love all the exotic strains you're running. I finally got around to ordering some Nepalma. I also picked up some of their Triple Pakistan. It's been a long time since I ordered from overseas. My interaction with Underground Seeds has been great so far. Thanks again for the recommendations!

Good to hear!! Nepalma was one of those "love at first smoke" strains for me. The cross with Uzbekistan is looking really promising, the two selected males are just dumping pollen and the better looking females are crushing it during flower. Seeds are being created as I type! Got a few Col'Jam females too, apparently some of the last seeds of that.

As far as Mark, I just don't trust his genetics. I don't just want "Blue Dream," I want to know which blueberry was used, which haze was used, how many generations the line has been bred, etc. I'm looking for the level of detail that ACE seeds provides on their site. Pheno reports, terp profile tests, feeding needs, training preferences, stretch, major and minor cannabinoids, and multiple generation lineage.

It's all about provenance. In the words of Aesop Rock, "You can't be cooler than the corners where you source all your parts." Fire in, fire out.

Last edited:
MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Good to hear!! Nepalma was one of those "love at first smoke" strains for me. The cross with Uzbekistan is looking really promising, the two selected males are just dumping pollen and the better looking females are crushing it during flower. Seeds are being created as I type! Got a few Col'Jam females too, apparently some of the last seeds of that.

As far as Mark, I just don't trust his genetics. I don't just want "Blue Dream," I want to know which blueberry was used, which haze was used, how many generations the line has been bred, etc. I'm looking for the level of detail that ACE seeds provides on their site. Pheno reports, terp profile tests, feeding needs, training preferences, stretch, major and minor cannabinoids, and multiple generation lineage.

It's all about provenance. In the words of Aesop Rock, "You can't be cooler than the corners where you source all your parts." Fire in, fire out.

Ah gotcha. Well I'm an old hippie and dont quite give a shit about lineage. If its blue, tastes good, and theres a buzz at the end of the frosty nug rainbow... I'm good. Luck to ya dude :)))))

Terpz719

Terpz719

Good luck with the seeds! I'm looking forward to doing a little breeding myself, but I'm not there in terms of finding my keeper strains/phenos.

I'm not a fan of Blue Dream, but FWIW, I've seen multiple times that you want genetics from the Santa Cruz cut. You've probably already seen that mentioned.

Agreed about Ace Seed info. Duke Diamond (Dominion Seed Company), while not providing lab results does give expected phenos and grower's notes. I wish all breeders would give that kind of info. With so, so many polyhybrid F1s out there, you never know what you're gonna end up with. I know this is sacrilege, but I think some of the, even big name, breeders out there are just glorified pollen chuckers; not even an attempt to work or stabilize anything.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Good luck with the seeds! I'm looking forward to doing a little breeding myself, but I'm not there in terms of finding my keeper strains/phenos.

I'm not a fan of Blue Dream, but FWIW, I've seen multiple times that you want genetics from the Santa Cruz cut. You've probably already seen that mentioned.

Agreed about Ace Seed info. Duke Diamond (Dominion Seed Company), while not providing lab results does give expected phenos and grower's notes. I wish all breeders would give that kind of info. With so, so many polyhybrid F1s out there, you never know what you're gonna end up with. I know this is sacrilege, but I think some of the, even big name, breeders out there are just glorified pollen chuckers; not even an attempt to work or stabilize anything.
I strongly suspect this last part. Question is if you care....if you are just looking for a keeper to clone then maybe not. Or if you just want good smoke and aren't that picky. God knows there are some freakish cuts out there.

But if you want to breed or even just sling pollen, you want to know what you're using and how stable it is. Or if you just like the romance of knowing a plant's provenance, like I do and suspect others do as well.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

100%. Recessive traits in cannabis start displaying at the F3 generation, so any breeding from them is a shot in the dark if the ancestry isn't clear. Nothing like putting in over a year of work on chucking some pollen and ending up with duds because of poor genetics selection.

There are definitely some big name breeders that either don't breed at all themselves or just buy and rename genetics from other companies (typically Nirvana, Soma, DJ Short, or Paradise). Blue Dream, for example. How does just about every seed company have their own version?

It's sad, but I'm hoping that as the better breeders start adding info on their strains, the hacks will be weeded out. Like, I highly doubt that anyone at seedsman is actually doing breeding work to make any of their strains. I'd bet the moon that the seeds sold under their name have been bred by someone completely unrelated to them and then bought by seedsman in bulk. Their cream and cheese CBD has nearly impossibly high levels of THC and CBD according to their description.

I agree that it's also about the mystique in a way. Like how getting a clone of Pinot Noir from a vineyard in Burgundy is more "special" than going to the local garden store and buying a concord grape seedling is. With every strain, we're growing history, honoring the breeders that risked their freedom to pave the way for us, and continuing that.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
100%. Recessive traits in cannabis start displaying at the F3 generation, so any breeding from them is a shot in the dark if the ancestry isn't clear. Nothing like putting in over a year of work on chucking some pollen and ending up with duds because of poor genetics selection.

There are definitely some big name breeders that either don't breed at all themselves or just buy and rename genetics from other companies (typically Nirvana, Soma, DJ Short, or Paradise). Blue Dream, for example. How does just about every seed company have their own version?

It's sad, but I'm hoping that as the better breeders start adding info on their strains, the hacks will be weeded out. Like, I highly doubt that anyone at seedsman is actually doing breeding work to make any of their strains. I'd bet the moon that the seeds sold under their name have been bred by someone completely unrelated to them and then bought by seedsman in bulk. Their cream and cheese CBD has nearly impossibly high levels of THC and CBD according to their description.

I agree that it's also about the mystique in a way. Like how getting a clone of Pinot Noir from a vineyard in Burgundy is more "special" than going to the local garden store and buying a concord grape seedling is. With every strain, we're growing history, honoring the breeders that risked their freedom to pave the way for us, and continuing that.
I am surprised you would include DJ Short and Soma in that list. Not trying to argue for them, I just thought they were generally more respected than that.

Seedsman makes no claim to breeding stuff themselves afaik. They "work with breeders" and basically white label stuff. Same as ILGM.

Nirvana I really don't know what to make of. On the one hand, they clearly do breed themselves: they have several strains that are specific to them. OTOH, clearly sometimes they are just using other people's stuff, like the Chemdog seeds I am growing. They claim to ship directly from the seedmaker rather than storing as a middleman and so their stuff is fresh. To their credit, the seeds I got from them look perfect: dark, striping, etc. And my Chemdog from them is flying 15 days in. So I don't know.

I will be sprouting some reg Black Widow and Master Kush seeds from them with the intention of making a cross with one or both (planning to run them next year as part of an old school reg seeds run to give myself experience), so I guess I will find out. They are just so inexpensive and I figure I will probably mess it up anyway, plus I have seen a lot of first-hand accounts of people happy with Nirvana gear so what the hell lol.

I have no intention of going past the F1 generation with anything I do until I have a lot more space though. No point....can't really make a good selection of F2s unless you have huge numbers. That is when the recessive traits come out btw.....then trying to make the F3 generation is a bitch. At least that is my understanding and I would love if you could explain why that is wrong.

For now it will be pollen chucking and maybe actually growing out some of what I make haha. Just want the experience and to get some of my fucking up out of the way.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Only problem with this imo is the best old school breeders would never reveal anything and even if you do want to track lineage a lot of it was unknown because of that and info has been made up to fill in the blanks.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

And the reason all the breeders seem to have the same strains is also they buy them bulk from wholesale bulk seed providers.

I was gifted bulk white widow and critical mass by my old breeder. Both remind me of the original but are smaller and faster and dont have the “trippy” part of the high i expect from those strains.

Top Bottom