A grow diary.

• Thread starter Kanzeon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kanzeon

Kanzeon

I am surprised you would include DJ Short and Soma in that list. Not trying to argue for them, I just thought they were generally more respected than that.

That's the list of legit breeders that others get their seeds from. :-) They're both super legit, like life goals level shit.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

And the reason all the breeders seem to have the same strains is also they buy them bulk from wholesale bulk seed providers.

I was gifted bulk white widow and critical mass by my old breeder. Both remind me of the original but are smaller and faster and dont have the “trippy” part of the high i expect from those strains.

Exactly. Then that mediocre white widow gets bred with another one of mysterious provenance, and then another, and then another. It's real time genetic drift.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
That's the list of legit breeders that others get their seeds from. :-) They're both super legit, like life goals level shit.
Oh okay my bad.

I would add Mr. Nice to that list...and Archive Seeds? And Ace.

I am trying out Ripper Seeds because they have so many interesting crosses and they sound honest about what they are. Next grow probably.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Oh okay my bad.

I would add Mr. Nice to that list...and Archive Seeds? And Ace.

I am trying out Ripper Seeds because they have so many interesting crosses and they sound honest about what they are. Next grow probably.

I would like to know more about archive?

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I would like to know more about archive?
Sorry I was thinking The Real Seed Company. Not sure how I got them confused. I do love dosidos (like a lot) but idk how stable Archive's genetics are. The Real Seed Company is dedicated to landrace preservation similar to Ace.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Sorry I was thinking The Real Seed Company. Not sure how I got them confused. I do love dosidos (like a lot) but idk how stable Archive's genetics are. The Real Seed Company is dedicated to landrace preservation similar to Ace.
Like this looks very interesting to me, especially as a breeding block (I thought of you Kanzeon because you love hash so much): https://www.seedsman.com/en/malana-seeds

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

6 of the Iranians joined the G13 Hashplant, Sky Cuddler Double Kush, Orient Express, and Killer Queen here today.

Screenshot from 2020 09 09 21 48 42

The Ukhruls, still not really showing sex. They're drinking a ton.

Screenshot from 2020 09 09 21 49 05

Veg is super cramped at the moment, since I've got about 6 ladies that want to flower, but I'm making them wait.

Screenshot from 2020 09 09 21 49 54
Screenshot from 2020 09 09 21 49 43

And flower. Cut the first Siberian Haze today (the one that didn't stretch) and flipped the first Colombian Gold '80 x Jamaican Lambsbread (18+ week flowering time!). Next three up for the chop are Motherlode Kush, AK Kush, and the second Siberian Haze.

Screenshot from 2020 09 09 21 49 21

The males!

Screenshot from 2020 09 09 21 48 14

And a better shot of one of the Uzbeknepanama males that were used to pollinate the best females. I've gotten a ton of pollen from these already, but they're so pretty and still throwing pollen multiple times a day so I feel bad cutting their life short.

Screenshot from 2020 09 09 21 47 57

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Also feeling good about pollen chucking for the rest of the year and next.

Feel like I've got a solid indica base to work with between Herijuana, G13 Hashplant, Black Afghani, Green Manalishi, and potentially this Iranian line as well. Plenty of power and flavor potential in there, just gotta pheno hunt.

I think crossing G13 Hashplant and G13 Haze and working that line will happen next year. Between the old onions and mildew drain smell of the G13 Hashplant and the LOUD catpee haze funk from the G13 Haze, I should find something that smells terrible, kicks anxiety in the dick, and won't put me to sleep.

Crossed Silverfields with the second Siberian Haze plant, so those seeds are being made now. Silverfields is a wonderful strain, the hash from which I'm still enjoying. Siberian Haze was like getting strapped to the front of a rocket, not dissimilar from G13 Haze.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Welp, I'm terrible at sleeping. Especially today.

But I got some shit done.

Repotted a bunch of stuff in veg, reorganized, sprayed for bugs, and took notes on phenos, etc. Interestingly enough, it looks like I've got two different phenos each of AK-49 x Lambsbread, G13 Haze, Supreme Lemon, and Lemon OG Kush.

Screenshot from 2020 09 10 07 22 29

And, of course, moved everything around in the flower room.

Screenshot from 2020 09 10 07 22 40

Looks raggedy right now, but here's Black Afghani. It's interesting comparing this IBL, which is allegedly from Kandahar, with the lady from the Afghan Mix.

Screenshot from 2020 09 10 07 17 48

Here's the Afghan from the mix. Yes, I'm absolutely going to interbreed the two lines with the Afghan Mix and Black Afghani males.

Screenshot from 2020 09 10 07 18 03

Different Uzbeknepanama phenos: The differences in leaf serration and branching patterns of Uzi and Nepalma are relatively subtle, the big tests will be to see how the buds start stacking and stinking.

Screenshot from 2020 09 10 07 18 41
Screenshot from 2020 09 10 07 18 21

Motherlode Kush getting closer! Those buds have about doubled in weight in the last week.

Screenshot from 2020 09 10 07 20 50

And Siberian Haze! Thinking 2.5 weeks or so out on her.

Screenshot from 2020 09 10 07 19 57

Screenshot from 2020 09 10 07 38 08

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Also feeling good about pollen chucking for the rest of the year and next.

Feel like I've got a solid indica base to work with between Herijuana, G13 Hashplant, Black Afghani, Green Manalishi, and potentially this Iranian line as well. Plenty of power and flavor potential in there, just gotta pheno hunt.

I think crossing G13 Hashplant and G13 Haze and working that line will happen next year. Between the old onions and mildew drain smell of the G13 Hashplant and the LOUD catpee haze funk from the G13 Haze, I should find something that smells terrible, kicks anxiety in the dick, and won't put me to sleep.

Crossed Silverfields with the second Siberian Haze plant, so those seeds are being made now. Silverfields is a wonderful strain, the hash from which I'm still enjoying. Siberian Haze was like getting strapped to the front of a rocket, not dissimilar from G13 Haze.
What you are doing is like the next level of where I want to get as a grower. I just gotta find a way to get more plants going....thinking to buy a cheap house just over the border in Michigan and use it as a vacation house/grow house that I check on weekly...would be a good carrot to work on that down payment nut over the next while....decent medium-term goal .

I mean damn, it looks like you are having fun! Agree with your analysis I think...although I do remember either from Chimera or DJ short them calling out G13 specifically for very likely being a bitch to breed with/not breed true or something to that effect... For whatever reason. I think it was Chimera in either his chapter at the end of the Cervantes book or in the Cubing a Myth piece on the forum. Not saying I agree with it or anything, you are probably aware of what I am referring to....

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

This video is the closest thing that I've seen to doing acid since doing acid.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Sky Cuddler Double Kush, Killer Queen, Iranian Landrace, and '88G13HP.

Screenshot from 2020 09 16 00 37 53

The veg area, starting to get thick. The next Siberian Haze (in the back corner) is starting to really take off. Gonna take the top off and keep that cut.

Screenshot from 2020 09 16 00 37 38

The females that haven't been flipped yet. Orient Express, Nepalma, Dieselshine, and Amnesia Moon. Clones of the better looking Uzbekistan, UNP's, Motherlode Kush, C99DT, and Lemon Citron.

And behind them, on the heating pad, Super Lemon Haze x Jack Herer F1 from @agseedco in the usual sterilized coco-EWC mix. Hoping to get a keeper male that smells like a pile of juiced lemon halves for the lemon projects.

Screenshot from 2020 09 16 00 37 30

Sour Sorbet fems, off to the races.

Screenshot from 2020 09 16 00 37 20

Flower room! The UNP's in the center are stretching like I anticipated, the one in the back center has not.

Screenshot from 2020 09 16 00 37 11

A bud of the Siberian Haze. Another 1-2 weeks max on this girl.

Screenshot from 2020 09 16 00 35 46

707 Truthband. I wasn't happy at all with it deciding not to stretch, but these buds look like they might be good enough anyway.

Screenshot from 2020 09 16 00 35 33

The UNP are starting to bud! Loving the early trichome development on the lower leaves.

Screenshot from 2020 09 16 00 36 53

Screenshot from 2020 09 16 00 35 58
Screenshot from 2020 09 16 00 36 12
Screenshot from 2020 09 16 00 36 23

Here are the males that they were hit with.

Screenshot from 2020 09 16 00 38 09

And the male closet, currently.

Screenshot from 2020 09 16 00 37 47

Motherlode Kush is in the freezer, to be made into an iso extract later. Some of my favorite dabs to date have been combinations of hash and qwiso, so I want to have both around. I find the resin helps melt the hash more evenly.

Next hash run will be Siberian Haze! I think the cross with Silverfields could be something special down the road.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Siberian Haze went into 48 hours of darkness today. One of the better plants that I've grown, though FAR from perfect. Good thing I've got a clone of her rooted and topped already in veg. I like my Speed Weed like Law and Order SVU.

Screenshot from 2020 09 18 00 01 48

Veg, after topping a bunch of the ladies.The G13 Haze in the back center is far hardier than her sister, dropped at the same time. Yep, that's getting cloned too.

Screenshot from 2020 09 18 00 00 50

Flower, with things getting thick. Not proud at all of the AK kush in the front, but it was flipped too soon to really have a chance. Might end up revegging that, just to see how it reacts. It's a great smoke, but this one has been finicky.

Screenshot from 2020 09 18 00 00 37

What has not been finicky, however, is USC's Black Afghani! Pistils popping, buds swelling up so early in flower, and it's already stinky! So of course I hit her with the Uzbeknepanama pollen and pollen from the Afghan Mix males because that could make a mega hashplant. Maybe even cross that cross with the G13 Hashplant down the line, too.

Screenshot from 2020 09 18 00 00 16

Speaking of Afghan ladies, here's the Afghan Mix female! Look at that stretch, that structure can carry a LOT of bud weight. Yes, she's been crossed with the UNP, Black Afghani, and the Afghan Mix males. The Afghan Mix are accidentally mixed seeds from Balkh, Badakshan, Mazar-i-Sharif, and Kunduz. No idea what's what, but this lady looks like it has potential! Very low maintenance besides the need to defoliate, responds beautifully to topping,,,

Screenshot from 2020 09 18 00 10 33

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Okay, so I definitely need to rename Uzbeknepanama. It's too much to type, let alone say.

I want it to be something that alludes to the terroir of the genetics. 50% Uzbekistan, 25% Nepal Highland, 25% Panama Red. All three countries are mountainous, so maybe something that's a combination of Volcan Baru, Gangapurna (in Nepal), and ooze or Uzi for Uzbekistan? Khaz-Bar Ganga? Snow lava ooze?

They've got all kinds of legends in Panama and Nepal, like the Yeti, which is apparently a good luck charm in Nepal, and Jhakri, which are are Nepalese shamans

There it is. Frost Lava Ooze. Simple, easy to say, easy to remember, easy to abbreviate.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

The hits just keep on coming.

The good news is that Siberian Haze is still a marvelous high. I feel like I'm getting a brain massage from inside my skull, with all kinds of fun tracers. Like a relaxation bomb inside my skull. I don't think my eyes could open all the way unless Kate Upton herself appeared naked in front of me.

The bad news is that the hash yield on it was horrible. Less than 2 grams from 2 plants, though only from the first wash. I really fucked myself with the short veg time on the first one, but the second was one of my more technically proficient plants. Meticulously trimmed every bud before washing.

It's a great smoke, but it's just too inconsistent to grow. The first one that I grew stretched like crazy, the second didn't stretch at all, and the third was roughly average.

I need to just get better at cloning and run that room with one gallon pots in a SOG. Between this, the Sinai, Triple Pakistan, and the upcoming AK Kush that wasn't able to get enough veg time (because of past me being stupid), I might actually need to buy concentrates.

Fucking typical.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

The hits just keep on coming.

The good news is that Siberian Haze is still a marvelous high. I feel like I'm getting a brain massage from inside my skull, with all kinds of fun tracers. Like a relaxation bomb inside my skull. I don't think my eyes could open all the way unless Kate Upton herself appeared naked in front of me.

The bad news is that the hash yield on it was horrible. Less than 2 grams from 2 plants, though only from the first wash. I really fucked myself with the short veg time on the first one, but the second was one of my more technically proficient plants. Meticulously trimmed every bud before washing.

It's a great smoke, but it's just too inconsistent to grow. The first one that I grew stretched like crazy, the second didn't stretch at all, and the third was roughly average.

I need to just get better at cloning and run that room with one gallon pots in a SOG. Between this, the Sinai, Triple Pakistan, and the upcoming AK Kush that wasn't able to get enough veg time (because of past me being stupid), I might actually need to buy concentrates.

Fucking typical.

Sorry man. Sucks when you have to actually buy.

And it wouldnt likely be the interesting stuff you usually have.

I havent got into concentrates. So many more variables...

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Yeah, the underground dudes around here have some great stuff, but are hard to coordinate with. Just looked at the store near me and they're selling diamonds for $50 A HALF GRAM.

Fuck it. I'll chew on my goddamn stems and eat reclaim if I have to. I'm not wasting two weeks of grocery money or 1/6th of a new light on that.

I recognize that it's all part of the learning curve, sometimes strains don't yield well for whatever reason. I just set high expectations and am habitually too hard on myself.

I think from here on out, I'm only going to pollenate clones, and I'll keep them in a separate section of the flower room with lower light. No more trying to seed the lower branches of a plant and trying to yield from the upper ones.

Top Bottom