A grow diary.

• Thread starter Kanzeon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Uzi Pane Killer. There it is.

Decided against Frost lava ooze because FLO is already taken.

Uzi - Uzbekistan. Pane = Panama and Nepal. Both strains are excellent for managing physical pain, so it's like a pain killer.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Nah, I got those from ACE. Haven't heard of Billygoat, do you dig his gear?

Yep. Super cool dude. Havent seen him around in a min after he got sick. Oriental Express is E32 Arcata x Thai If i member. Why I was asking. Fucking crazy monsters. Is that was ACE's version is?

OE

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

I'd smoke the hell out of that. 😄

Ace calls theirs Orient Express, it's Vietnam Black x China Yunnan. I wish they sold just the Vietnam Black in seed form...

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
I'd smoke the hell out of that. 😄

Ace calls theirs Orient Express, it's Vietnam Black x China Yunnan. I wish they sold just the Vietnam Black in seed form...

There is always the Willie Nelson F2's freebie JLP from ICMag did back in the day. Viet black x Highland Nepal. They are pretty viet dom. Think Reefer did a Viet black x Viet black just dont member the name or if it was him to begin with.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Yeah, I'm probably a month out from flipping the first female, but I know I've got a male already so I'll definitely be continuing the line in some way.

It seems like Orient Express would be a natural cross with Nepalma, but we'll see how she grows through flower and smokes first. I'm trying to breed towards aggressively blissful, low anxiety stuff.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Two of the Uzi Pane Killer phenos. About this time last year, I came across USC's seeds and with them, these Uzbekistan and Nepalma genetics that I've been playing with. The lack of anything resembling modern genetics (skunk, chem, OG, NL, etc) in both of these parents led me to think that there would be significant hybrid vigor, and these phenos (picked 5 keepers- 2 males and 3 females to breed with out of 15 seeds dropped) did not disappoint. Nepalma is a fast-growing plant in general, though it flowers for roughly the same amount of time as the Uzbekistan.

Screenshot from 2020 09 25 01 07 42
Screenshot from 2020 09 25 01 07 15

And Lemon Citron, the only other plant I'm running at the moment that compares to the UPK in terms of growth rate. These both raced ahead of other genetics dropped at the same time and demanded their space in the flower room. Took a bunch of clones of this, because there's no way I'm done with these genetics.

Screenshot from 2020 09 25 01 06 57

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Just finished puttering around in the garden today, with news that's bad on its face but good in the bigger picture.

One of the Orient Express males hermied. I've got another male and a couple females that haven't shown any hints that, so that plant got swiftly killed. It had been vegging under 18/6 for a few weeks now, and there were definitely pistils on the top cola and nuts on the lower branches.

The good news is that in the bigger picture, the system works! I was hoping that the 12/12 to 18/6 switch after showing sex would stress the plants enough to bring out any herm traits while vegging to the right size. The last thing in the world I need is unintentional herm pollen.

All of the Ukhruls and one Col'Jam haven't shown sex, being under 12/12 since June and 11/13 since the end of August. They might just be put on the back burner indefinitely if they don't start showing me something by the middle of October.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Okay, as much as I like Kigbrite's lights, there are some cheap LED's on amazon that will get plants through veg nicely. This is the same kind of light that I went with to bloom the males under. It was less than $30 CDN and is much more power and heat efficient than the multi-bulb solution that I used before.

Screenshot from 2020 09 25 22 17 14

The next row of females, ready to be up-potted. On the right you see two '88 G13 Hashplant males that are going through the process with them.

Screenshot from 2020 09 25 22 17 22

The G13 Haze in the back center is taking off. She's got 4 tops right now, and I'm hoping those will start begging to be flipped any day now.

Screenshot from 2020 09 25 22 17 36

The Ukhruls that have still not shown sex despite having asymmetrical branching for over a month.

Screenshot from 2020 09 25 22 16 32
Screenshot from 2020 09 25 22 16 42

The flower room got detail cleaned today, in anticipation of the PM season that looms larger than winter does on Game of Thrones. You'll also see the humidifier, another anti-PM measure. I'm hoping that those, along with repeated sprays of micronized sulfur and epsom salts on everything inside once a week.

Screenshot from 2020 09 25 22 20 40
Screenshot from 2020 09 25 22 20 29

Here's a Dutch Passion C-Vibez freebie. I hate the name, but it's (White Widow x Herijuana) x Thai, so the genetics at least point to it being good. The way she's fattening up makes me optimistic.

Screenshot from 2020 09 25 22 17 57

This Uzi has been so aggressively praying that I think it feels guilty about something.

Screenshot from 2020 09 25 22 18 17

The three keeper females of Uzi Pane Killer.

Screenshot from 2020 09 25 22 18 27
Screenshot from 2020 09 25 22 19 23
Screenshot from 2020 09 25 22 19 53

Here's Black Afghani, starting to fatten up. She gets thick with a quickness during flower.

Screenshot from 2020 09 25 22 20 12

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

The UPK's and Uzbekistan are starting to put on WEIGHT! The G13 Haze got flipped today, obviously I'm anticipating a bit of stretch from her. Interestingly enough, I have no idea what in there is going to finish first. I'm at least 3 weeks out from anything being close, though that Blueberry x Heribei up front is a very likely candidate for getting cut early to let something better get flipped.

Feeling kinda the same way about the Moscow Blueberry with the yellowing lower leaves. I like Blueberry and its crosses fine enough, but they're pretty ubiquitous. I'm ready for something new and there's some straight magma on the way with the Amnesia Moon, Dieselshine, Nepalmas, Herijuana, Sannie's Jack, the lemon stuff, etc.

Screenshot from 2020 09 27 02 46 43

Veg is showing a lot of progress over the last few days. I think I'm finally at the stage where I am able to make the ladies really beg before flowering them instead of flipping them early to have a full flower room.

Screenshot from 2020 09 27 02 50 40

Reserva Privada's Purple Wreck is also bouncing back from a rough start.

Screenshot from 2020 09 27 02 50 27

This Dieselshine has responded outstandingly to the process, you'll see her defoliated at the end.

Screenshot from 2020 09 27 02 50 13

It feels good to be running Nepalma again. That was one of those life-changing strains for me in terms of anxiety management, obviously.

She's a prime candidate to get trained into even more tops, given that the buds aren't super dense. I think I'm going to brutally supercrop each of those four top colas and top both branches from the node below for 8 tops going into flower.

Screenshot from 2020 09 27 02 49 05

C99 Durban Thai is FINALLY looking like a plant I can take a picture of. Likely a month out from flipping.

Screenshot from 2020 09 27 02 48 15

This Sour Sorbet looks like she might be a keeper, seeing how she's a month old and already popping trichomes.

Screenshot from 2020 09 27 02 47 48

And that Dieselshine, post-defoliation. She's already smelling like an old lawnmower engine.

Screenshot from 2020 09 27 02 44 39

Thanks, as always, for following along with my relentless experiments.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

I came across this article from @agseedco a while back that explains it far better than I can. 🙂

"I would make the comparison to trying to grow a cannabis plant in too dry of an environment, as the same as trying to drive a car across a desert with just water and no antifreeze/coolant in the radiator, you may make it, but it's way more prone to overheat, and while you plant may make it through a dry environment, it's more than likely to have problems associated with lack of humidity.

Powdery mildew mostly attacks plants in dry environmental conditions, even if the plant is in a greenhouse or outside, depending on the environmental conditions leading up to the infestation of powdery mildew, I would now blame it on mother nature giving you add dryer condition than you expected and your plants suffering. I'll be the first person to admit that for a long time I really didn't take minimum humidity requirements into consideration, and I inadvertently dried the wax off of the leafs inadvertently."

This was a huge part of my issue with PM last winter, I think. I had a dehumidifier that kept the room under 55% rh, and it still attacked the plants like a savage until I started spraying micronized sulfur. There haven't been any signs of PM since getting that humidifier, that room stays between 75-80 degrees all the time, with 60-70% humidity, and I haven't seen PM in months.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I came across this article from @agseedco a while back that explains it far better than I can. 🙂

"I would make the comparison to trying to grow a cannabis plant in too dry of an environment, as the same as trying to drive a car across a desert with just water and no antifreeze/coolant in the radiator, you may make it, but it's way more prone to overheat, and while you plant may make it through a dry environment, it's more than likely to have problems associated with lack of humidity.

Powdery mildew mostly attacks plants in dry environmental conditions, even if the plant is in a greenhouse or outside, depending on the environmental conditions leading up to the infestation of powdery mildew, I would now blame it on mother nature giving you add dryer condition than you expected and your plants suffering. I'll be the first person to admit that for a long time I really didn't take minimum humidity requirements into consideration, and I inadvertently dried the wax off of the leafs inadvertently."

This was a huge part of my issue with PM last winter, I think. I had a dehumidifier that kept the room under 55% rh, and it still attacked the plants like a savage until I started spraying micronized sulfur. There haven't been any signs of PM since getting that humidifier, that room stays between 75-80 degrees all the time, with 60-70% humidity, and I haven't seen PM in months.

Go VPD I guess. ;-)

So far i have only seen it in my clone dome. I threw the plants away and have not seen it again.

It happened while the tent was 45% rh and the dome was sprayed with water and showing 95% rh.

Although the constant pm outside in michigan shows humid conditions cause it too.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Oh yeah. It hit outdoor crops here HARD last winter as well, during the neverending rains.

I suspect that part of the reason it's so widespread is that the localized species develop resistances to certain treatments and it's just trial and error to find what works. As soon as @Dirtbag clued me in on the sulfur, things started getting better.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Never heard of getting wpm from "dry environmental conditions", thought you got it from high humidity or large fluctuations in humidity?
Implicitly I think they are spikes once the leaves get dry once and lose the wax cuticle thing mentioned. Or like, the transition is less smooth and that endangers the leaves.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Go VPD I guess. ;-)

So far i have only seen it in my clone dome. I threw the plants away and have not seen it again.

It happened while the tent was 45% rh and the dome was sprayed with water and showing 95% rh.

Although the constant pm outside in michigan shows humid conditions cause it too.
Knock on wood haven’t seen pm and I’m hardly ever over 50 rh in any stage , outside right now it’s like 35 rh hopefully no problems

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Knock on wood haven’t seen pm and I’m hardly ever over 50 rh in any stage , outside right now it’s like 35 rh hopefully no problems

I went almost 6 years perpetually with no pm. Even when we moved here we had live plants come with us. But i think no matter how careful we are plants come with issues eventually.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Never heard of getting wpm from "dry environmental conditions", thought you got it from high humidity or large fluctuations in humidity?

Here's the way I understand it.

Well large fluctuations in temp and humidity cause condensation on the plants. That condensation, in the right environmental conditions, will have PM spores in it. Without the waxy layer on the leaves, plants are susceptible to infection from the morning condensation with PM spores sitting on top of the leaves for extended periods of time.

Theoretically, it makes sense to me and matches with the experience that I had last winter. Humidity was constantly low and they got torn up. The real test will be the next few months.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Remember that Siberian Haze that didn't yield anything when I washed it?

It just today occurred to me that if I washed it too gently and just let it dry in the 220 bag as I did, then at least some level of cannabinoids should still be there.

Apparently this strain has some crazy high THC content in the leaves, because it's still got me hazey blazed.

Sure, most of the terps have washed off and it's not the most flavorful or aromatic, but hot damn. Guess this is a dry herb vaping strain, as opposed to a hashmaking one. I also think I'm going to go back to jar curing, as opposed to making fresh frozen hash. The availability of good meds is more important to me than the potential yield difference between hash made from dried and cured buds vs. fresh frozen.

Latest posts

Top Bottom