A grow diary.

• Thread starter Kanzeon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Hazey blazed! I like it! Im kinda hazey blazed now on some Black widow x Blue lemon thai. The buds were like pure sativa in structure. But a bland tasting hazey white widow pheno. Almost mild n minty yet peppery sort of. But with a dab strength rush after a toke.

:-)

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Yeah, this Siberian Haze is no joke! I was grumpy about it because of the low yield, but not to the point where I tossed the clone. Now I'm legit glad it's still around. It might need to get crossed with Herijuana...

Like, the insides of my nostrils are pulsating. It's potent. But there's like no body high.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

The three female keeper phenos of Uzi Pane Killer. The third one is actually towered over in the background by the Uzbekistan.

Screenshot from 2020 10 01 02 54 24
Screenshot from 2020 10 01 02 53 26
Screenshot from 2020 10 01 02 53 05

Here's the flower room! The thickening colas to the right are Uzbekistan, Uzi Pane Killer, and C-vibez. Flipped and defoliated the Lemon OG Kush up front.

Screenshot from 2020 10 01 02 42 19
Screenshot from 2020 10 01 02 42 39

This other Northern Afghan Mix male is going nuts! It'll be referred to as Baba Kuma because it's an acronym for Balochistan, Balkh, Kunduz, and Mazar, which is where they're from and I'm treating them all essentially as the same strain. Afghan Mix doesn't really have the same ring to it. Baba Kuma sounds like an old dude that you want to smoke hash and talk philosophy with.

Screenshot from 2020 10 01 02 42 53
Screenshot from 2020 10 01 02 43 06

I'm actually at the point now where I haven't dropped anything new in a few weeks. The SCDK, 88G13HP, RSC Iranian, and a Super Lemon Haze x Jack Herer are also in there until they differentiate.

Screenshot from 2020 10 01 02 43 21

Here's veg! A bunch of these are going to be screaming at me to flip them in a couple weeks. The second G13 Haze plant grew 4 inches this week, the Purple Wreck is blowing up, Nepalma grows incredibly fast. It's literal months ahead of some of the plants in here.

Screenshot from 2020 10 01 02 43 54

Look who's getting less bad at cloning!! Though TBH I think I'm going to clone in 100% coco instead of the mix just for ease and lack of bugs.

Screenshot from 2020 10 01 02 43 36

And a sorta okay closer up shot of the Cvibez. Ugh, I even hate typing that.

Screenshot from 2020 10 01 02 52 40
Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Veg is looking good! About half of these coulld be flipped if I had the space, but I'll be training these until I do. There are 6-7 plants ready to be transplanted to the bottom left and more on the way from the seedling closet, so it's actually going to be a minute before I can drop any more seeds.

Screenshot from 2020 10 05 03 04 57

That Blueberry-bei up front is starting to look less pathetic, the Uzi Pane Killers are all looking very solid and chonking up, The smaller plants here that didn't stretch that much will be the first ones taken out to be replaced by the monsters that are in veg now. Gave everything the epsom salt/micronized sulfur spray last night, though at this point it's purely preventative since I haven't seen PM in that room in months. I'd hate for the Col'Jams in there to be finishing up in December/January to get hit with PM.

Screenshot from 2020 10 05 03 04 48

All in all, I'm pretty happy with things. Sure, some of the buds could be bigger and the leaves could be greener on some of these, but for 16 months of growing and constant new strains going, I can't judge myself too hard.

Kyfarmerb

Kyfarmerb

Ok bro,I like the strain and pheno hunting you have going on here.i just found your journal here.If ur interested in checking my current grow journal here it's called
Og gsc.bluedream, scrog.
I know,I was high, hahahaha.happy growing to you bro

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Thanks man! I'll check it out!

Looks like this Lemon Citron cut is gonna be some fire!
Screenshot from 2020 10 08 21 02 33
Screenshot from 2020 10 08 21 02 01
Screenshot from 2020 10 08 21 01 48
Screenshot from 2020 10 08 21 01 27

And an Uzi Pane Kliller, just because.

Screenshot from 2020 10 08 21 03 12

Baba Kuma has some long pistils. I'm a fan.

Screenshot from 2020 10 08 21 00 16

The flower room, with new additions Lemon OG Kush, Lambsbreath x AK-49, Nepalma, and Moonglow.Turned the seedling closet into a flower room rejected plants closet with some assorted runts and odds and ends.

Screenshot from 2020 10 08 21 05 26

And veg, which is becoming more feral by the day. This month is gonna have some significantly larger plants coming into flower than before. I'm hoping that plus the raised canopy they create will give me some better yields than I've been pulling from these last few plants. The Reserva Privada Purple Wreck (far right, second from bottom) is so sexually frustrated. She's throwing pistils for the first, like, 8 inches of each top. 😄

Almost cleared the logjam of ready to re-pot females. A couple more Nepalmas, a Sannie's Jack, and a Herijuana are all that remain besides that one tall Ukhrul female. Thinking I'm going to do a defoliate day here pretty soon, as well as a detail cleaning of the flower room.

Screenshot from 2020 10 08 20 59 37

All in all, life is good. Thanks, as always, for following along!

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Did a mass defoliation on the ladies in flower, cleaned the flower room with Simple Green D Pro 3, and then reorganized the room to where I could fit another plant in there. C99 x Durban-Thai got the spot.

Now I can't get all of the plants in there in one shot. The rear row is about where I'm going to shoot to have the canopy, about 5-6 inches higher than it has been. G13 Haze (center) and Lemon OG Kush on the left look like they're going to be stretching for a bit still, with the Col'Jam on the right being months away still.

Screenshot from 2020 10 09 23 49 35

The Col'Jams are in the corners. The plant in the center that's in the very early stages of flowering is one of the Lambsbread x AK-49.

Screenshot from 2020 10 09 23 49 13

When I feel bad throwing a plant away but it's not living up to what I need it to be in the other room, now there's the closet of shame-flowering! Anything I get off of these is just bonus bud.

Screenshot from 2020 10 09 23 49 01

Veg is still exploding. I did some defoliation there too, but more needs to happen. The clone area is on the right, with the back two rooted. Looks like I'm at least a couple weeks away from being able to chop anything, so almost everything is getting supercropped and topped like crazy in the meantime.

Screenshot from 2020 10 09 23 49 46

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Dropped the first new seeds in a long time today. All fems, since the seedling closet is out of commission for a bit.

Nirvana's Hawaii Maui Waui, it's likely been outcrossed but the smoke is said to be good. Also, Humboldt's Three Blue Kings again, since it was a fantastic smoke.

Also threw down the last of the Cheeselicious freebees from way back. I've been feeling cheesy lately, might end up looking for a super cheesy strain later this year.

I've only got 5 confirmed females left in the small pots. with the 88G13HP. Iranian, and Sky Cuddler Double Kush differentiating soon.

Screenshot from 2020 10 13 01 30 59

Now this is starting to look like a decent flower room. Love how the G13 Haze has taken over the back row, dwarfing what was until recently the next tallest plant in there (the Uzi to its right)

Screenshot from 2020 10 13 02 49 45

Here, the back row is the Lemon OG Kush in the back left, a UPK, the G13 Haze, another UPK, the Uzi, and Col'Jam.

Screenshot from 2020 10 13 02 51 06

This Lemon Citron plant is looking like it has potential. Actually just planted a rooted clone of this plant yesterday,

Screenshot from 2020 10 13 02 49 20

And the (White Widow x Herijuana) x Thai. Looks like it'll be done in a week or two.

Screenshot from 2020 10 13 02 49 35

I'm feeling good with the stable of G13 Haze, G13 Hashplant, C99, UPK, Herijuana. Silverfields, Siberian Haze, Nepalma, Moonglow, etc. Nice wide variety of terps and effects there, with all kinds of potential for fun crosses. Got some new fun stuff in the works, too.

Good times.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Dropped the first new seeds in a long time today. All fems, since the seedling closet is out of commission for a bit.

Nirvana's Hawaii Maui Waui, it's likely been outcrossed but the smoke is said to be good. Also, Humboldt's Three Blue Kings again, since it was a fantastic smoke.

Also threw down the last of the Cheeselicious freebees from way back. I've been feeling cheesy lately, might end up looking for a super cheesy strain later this year.

I've only got 5 confirmed females left in the small pots. with the 88G13HP. Iranian, and Sky Cuddler Double Kush differentiating soon.

View attachment 1043184

Now this is starting to look like a decent flower room. Love how the G13 Haze has taken over the back row, dwarfing what was until recently the next tallest plant in there (the Uzi to its right)

View attachment 1043181

Here, the back row is the Lemon OG Kush in the back left, a UPK, the G13 Haze, another UPK, the Uzi, and Col'Jam.

View attachment 1043180

This Lemon Citron plant is looking like it has potential. Actually just planted a rooted clone of this plant yesterday,

View attachment 1043183

And the (White Widow x Herijuana) x Thai. Looks like it'll be done in a week or two.

View attachment 1043182

I'm feeling good with the stable of G13 Haze, G13 Hashplant, C99, UPK, Herijuana. Silverfields, Siberian Haze, Nepalma, Moonglow, etc. Nice wide variety of terps and effects there, with all kinds of potential for fun crosses. Got some new fun stuff in the works, too.

Good times.
I did maui from ilgm and it was great. i am curious about the nirvana version....he apparently got the genetics a long time ago.

You really do have a huge stable!

Madmax

Madmax

I came across this article from @agseedco a while back that explains it far better than I can. 🙂

"I would make the comparison to trying to grow a cannabis plant in too dry of an environment, as the same as trying to drive a car across a desert with just water and no antifreeze/coolant in the radiator, you may make it, but it's way more prone to overheat, and while you plant may make it through a dry environment, it's more than likely to have problems associated with lack of humidity.

Powdery mildew mostly attacks plants in dry environmental conditions, even if the plant is in a greenhouse or outside, depending on the environmental conditions leading up to the infestation of powdery mildew, I would now blame it on mother nature giving you add dryer condition than you expected and your plants suffering. I'll be the first person to admit that for a long time I really didn't take minimum humidity requirements into consideration, and I inadvertently dried the wax off of the leafs inadvertently."

This was a huge part of my issue with PM last winter, I think. I had a dehumidifier that kept the room under 55% rh, and it still attacked the plants like a savage until I started spraying micronized sulfur. There haven't been any signs of PM since getting that humidifier, that room stays between 75-80 degrees all the time, with 60-70% humidity, and I haven't seen PM in months.
Grabs notebook scribbles down micronised sulphur.......👍

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

I finally, finally got to the bottom of why the fungus gnats never died. There's been a hot water pipe leaking behind one of the walls, likely for the entire time I've been living here. Just pulled off the walls to take a look and they were covered with black and white fluffy molds. Like. completely. My weekend was spent taking them out and blasting that area with green soap repeatedly

And of course those walls border the closets that I was using for the males and the rejects. So no matter what, those plants had fungus gnats attacking them because they lived in the walls en masse. They were likely in the peat as well, but they had a LOT of room to breed and live behind those walls. That's why the seedlings would get hit even if the soil was clean going in.

The next punch to roll with is where to put the males while I pull out that wall, then the cheapest way to convert that space into another grow area. Thinking about a setup like @Aqua Man with the insulated walls (what was that material called again?), but there's a long way to go.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Oh! Also wanted to update the VEG ONLY foliar.

In a blender jar, mix:
10g neem oil
15g Dr. Bronner's soap (peppermint is easiest to find)
10 drops tea tree essential oil

Then blend in:
5 cloves
1 clove garlic
2 grams hot pepper seeds (I use the super hot ones that I grow)
800g warm (130ish degrees) water

And then run it on medium-high speed for 3 minutes. Let it cool down to around 100 degrees and mist all the plant surfaces at lights out.

Now that I realize that there was a constant source of warm humidity the size of a Manhattan apartment near the plants, I'm actually pretty pleased at how it repels them.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Things are just humming right along now that the leak has been handled. There are a few fungus gnat fliers around, but I haven't seen a thrip in a few days at least. The rooting clones are on the right, the females and males that are waiting to be up-potted are on the left. So far, the Sky Cuddler Double Kush has gone 7/10, with 5 females and two undecided. One of the Killer Queens is a male, I'll see if he's worth keeping around just to chuck pollen.

Screenshot from 2020 10 16 01 56 56
Screenshot from 2020 10 16 01 56 42

There's a huge difference between the two female phenos of Orient Express. One is more viney and wandering, I'm guessing that it leans towards Vietnam Black and the top one leans Yunnan.

Screenshot from 2020 10 16 01 54 20
Screenshot from 2020 10 16 01 54 07

Now it's down to 9 undifferentiated regs. I might just end up using that spot for seedlings with how well they grow in there. 3 88G13HP, 3 Iranian, a Killer Queen, and the last 2 Sky Cuddlers. Hoping I get at least one male, but I'm happy to clone and chuck pollen.

Screenshot from 2020 10 16 01 53 54

Looks like raising the canopy in the flower room was a good idea. Lemon OG Kush, UPK, G13 Haze that's taking over, Lambsbreath x AK-49, Uzi F2, and Col'Jam in the back row.

Screenshot from 2020 10 16 01 56 18

The other corner, with Col'Jam, the other Lambsbreath x AK-49, Black Afghani, and Moscow Blueberry in the far right row,

Screenshot from 2020 10 16 01 56 06

Still a lot of refining to do, but that's a clear improvement.

Screenshot from 2020 10 16 01 55 45

UPK's:

Screenshot from 2020 10 16 01 55 24
Screenshot from 2020 10 16 01 55 04

And (White widow x Herijuana) x Thai. I'd be tempted to reveg it, but with Herijuana already running and a number of SE Asian sativas in the mix I feel like it's a bit redundant.

Screenshot from 2020 10 16 01 54 31

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Okay, the trichomes on this Cvibez are pretty impressive.

Screenshot from 2020 10 19 23 18 46
Screenshot from 2020 10 19 23 19 46

The canopy raise is going well. Almost too well. Gonna have to do a lot of plant rotating to make sure the shorter ladies in here get enough sun. But then again, that's what the midget closet is for. G13 Haze (6 tops, in the middle towards the back), Lemon OG Kush (back corner), and Moonglow (second from top and second from left) are the three tallest plants, dwarfing the Uzbekistan (back row second from right), which was previously the tallest plant in the room. With the multiple Nepalmas in there as well as the many stretchy bitches getting ready to get flipped, it'll get thick in there in a hurry.

Screenshot from 2020 10 19 23 20 51

C99 x Durban-Thai, Black Afghani with the yellowing leaves, G13 Blueberry Headband, and Baba Kuma thickening up in the corner. I've been impressed at how she's performed, given that she's a pure landrace, but as always the potency and terp profile will determine whether or not she's a keeper.

Screenshot from 2020 10 19 23 20 31

This picture gives a better sense of the scale with which the G13 Haze towers over everything. Very happy to have a rooted clone of that bitch to chuck pollen at.

Screenshot from 2020 10 19 23 20 12

Moonglow, a bit closer up. 7 or 8 tops on her after the very brief revegging. Even the fan leaves at this point smell like an old lawnmower.

Screenshot from 2020 10 19 23 18 19

Baba Kuma, closer up.

Screenshot from 2020 10 19 23 17 49

And the ever-expanding jungle that is veg. I've only got that one Cvibez that's a week out from being cut, so it's only gonna get junglier in here.

Screenshot from 2020 10 19 23 18 10

The males and females that can't be repotted yet are on the left. The clones (C99xDT, G13 Haze, and 2 Lemon Citron rooted in the back on the right. I've got those two female Ukhruls hanging out under this veg light until I figure out what I'm going to do with them. I miiiiight try to do a horizontal flower with them.

Screenshot from 2020 10 19 23 18 00

Latest posts

Top Bottom