A little help from my friends? Mag def??

• Thread starter Gleny88
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Gleny88

Gleny88

Hey guys got some moms in my quarantine room. Just got these clones two weeks ago and they are showing some signs of something. I have an idea but wanted to see what everyone else thought? Ph range 5.7 6.0 ppm just right for medium veg. light, air, and temp/humidity all good. I’m thinking immobile def? Mag? Not running cal mag as other clone mom room hasn’t ever had problems? I’m stumped heavier feeders as indica dominant? Or under fed in general? Thanks for help! 😎😎

A little help from my friends mag def
A little help from my friends mag def 2
A little help from my friends mag def 3
Gleny88

Gleny88

Looking for opinion if you have one. Thank you for the chart 😎. I just want to see what everyone thinks. I am stumped for first time as nitrogen def or mag def.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Not mg... overall hungry. Looks like nitrogen deficiency but very early.

Gleny88

Gleny88

250 ml water daily 6 rock wool cube roots on bottom after transplant. 3ml per liter of base max of 4ml. I’ll jump them up to 4 ml per liter and hit with a tea. My main concern is that I was getting mag or cal def. but I didn’t quite think it looked like it. I have never had plants that feed like this. GG#4 pineapple chunk OG lime killer. They were transported and got cold a few weeks ago. They seem to have come out of that shock. But I just can’t get there food dialed in right yet. So you don’t think it would hurt to push them harder huh? Doesn’t look like burning to you? It’s been difficult for me to diagnose as I have never jumped base so fast from clones.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

250 ml water daily 6 rock wool cube roots on bottom after transplant. 3ml per liter of base max of 4ml. I’ll jump them up to 4 ml per liter and hit with a tea. My main concern is that I was getting mag or cal def. but I didn’t quite think it looked like it. I have never had plants that feed like this. GG#4 pineapple chunk OG lime killer. They were transported and got cold a few weeks ago. They seem to have come out of that shock. But I just can’t get there food dialed in right yet. So you don’t think it would hurt to push them harder huh? Doesn’t look like burning to you?
Older leaves not at the top of the plant. It looks like possibly an uptake issue but could just be they need more food. The purple like that on the stems is also indicative of either cold temls affecting uptake or chronic over watering affecting uptake but the leaves don't look swollen and droopy so.

IMO it may be previous issues that caused it and they may be back on track but they definitely look like they can handle more food or a higher transpiration rate. What is the ppm of the feed? And they look like they are in DWC? Correct?

How do the roots look. Any slime on them?

Using co2?

Teml and humidity of the room?

Temp of the water?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ahhh rockwool sorry. Not my strong point but how many times a day are they fed.

@Dirtbag probably much better to give advice on this.

Gleny88

Gleny88

Temp of room right at 76/77 and IR thermometer the leafs 75.
water temp 70 set aquarium heater 30 gallon res IR thermometer saying 67-68
Humidity 45/65%
Ppm went up to 550 3 days ago.
just a quarantine room I set up for mother’s of clones I got that we’re basically forest gumpEd. To get there. So they had some shock before.
transplanted about 7 days ago doing top feeding rock wool got roots coming out bottom now nice and white.

Gleny88

Gleny88

It’s ok I forgot to post that I think. I haven’t been nailing them with anything yet cause I want them to stabilize. And I was so worried I would burn them up in stress.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

In rockwool they will need fed each time. Probably atleast once a day maybe more right now.

Check the runoff to see? Or is it flood and drain?

Environment looks great so not that.

Gleny88

Gleny88

I haven’t had plants with so much stress so early so I’m being maybe too easy on the nutes I’m thinking. I just had some rust and weird spots that looked like either nitrogen or cal/mag and I was lost. I’m going to jump the base up. I’m also wondering if I had beneficial bloom and spike ph I forgot about that. I’ll test run off in morning to be sure. I’m using humic and fulvic acid though that should kinda protect that though hopefully.

Gleny88

Gleny88

You gave me the confidence lol. Thank you. I’ll make a journal I think on these moms. There just beats I guess I haven’t ever jumped ppm that high in 12 days like 300/400/500 now 600 you think I should feed twice a day now too?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

You gave me the confidence lol. Thank you. I’ll make a journal I think on these moms. There just beats I guess I haven’t ever jumped ppm that high in 12 days like 300/400/500 now 600 you think I should feed twice a day now too?
Yeah please do... would love to watch the progress.

Gleny88

Gleny88

Awesome stuff man. I’ll nail em and see what we got here. I definitely am going to start posting some journals. I’m about to run my first LED run. So it should be exciting. I have heard a lot of conflicting information. And now I’m worried cause I’m seeing GC 720 getting slammed on here....

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Awesome stuff man. I’ll nail em and see what we got here. I definitely am going to start posting some journals. I’m about to run my first LED run. So it should be exciting. I have heard a lot of conflicting information. And now I’m worried cause I’m seeing GC 720 getting slammed on here....
You may find a higher demand for the cal mag and potassium under LED. Specifically more so the mag

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thise lights are absolutely going to produce... maybe not the absolute top of the line at the moment but give it 6 months and neither will the top of the line lol... at this point with the better LEDs including GC its just a race for efficacy and fine tuning spectrum but they all kill it. Definitely not worth switching IMO

Gleny88

Gleny88

I’m going to do run to waste. Do you think that with led 55 gallons would do 4 720 watt per week ? Like running 7 plants under each light? I defiantly will keep that in mind about mag.

Top Bottom