A Month In On 8 Gelato

• Thread starter Shawnery
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Shawnery

Just to be safe I'll do a post harvest h202 bath to kill anything left on after the grow.

S

Shawnery

I have an interesting question for you guys.

My whole grow I basically kept my EC raising up to 2.4 and it's always dropped as the water dropped which means it was a good setting. Moving into flowering phase I kept the EC at the same level but experience something unexpected. Instead of the IC dropping as the water level dropped it started to rise and quite quickly. This is very confusing to me because I've always been under the impression and always read that when moving into flowering your plans require more nutrients not less.

For instance, yesterday when my plants had their little issue and from yesterday to today my plants drink 10 gallons of water no shit. With the loss of 10 gallons the ec rose from 1.7 to 2.0 in a single day. With the addition of 10 gallons of 1.0ec water the ec dropped to 1.4.

The point of me continuing to drop the ec is to get back to the perfect number.

But what do you guess think is going on considering the plants are growing great but burning tips at the same or lower EC then used with veg and now in flowering?

S

Shawnery

I did some research because info on masterblend is far and few between. What I did find was a grow diary of northern lights in dwc with masterblend. Can't get much closer than that with my grow so I decided to try out his numbers with the flush yesterday.

I was originally using 12g of fert, 12g of nit/cal and 6g of Epsom but he used 12, 6, 6 instead. I know it's only one day but the ec still rose with the new mix of nutrients.

Masterblend is 4-18-38 + cal/nit and Epsom salts, can you see anything with these numbers that would cause issues with flowering?

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

I've read that it's fine up to the third week of bloom but I've read the opposite. Oh the fun world of cannabis growing information overload. You can't win in the world of cannabis help and know how. At some point I you have to point and shoot and this grow has been all about that for me.

I don't mean that in a rude way at all because I appreciate any and all advice but one thing I've learned, is at the end only I am responsible.
Well said. You are responsible. And from what you have learned and implemented, and what you've pulled off on your own, you've done a hell of a job. Plants in that health will absolutely respond well. I believe your good to take the lower third of the plant and selectively clean them out at any point during the stretch. Some say it slows them, some not so much. Whatevs. Lol. What's working for you is what's important. Great grow. Can't wait to watch the magic.

S

Shawnery

Today,

Temp 85 for pwm treatment
Humidity 35 for pwm treatment
Ph 6.0
Water temp 68
Ec 1.575
Nutrient solution Masterblend 12g, cal/nit 6g and Epsom salt 6g. Still burning the tips but I assume I won't see a change from solution for 3 days.

20180504 183631
RHINObeast

RHINObeast

I have an interesting question for you guys.

My whole grow I basically kept my EC raising up to 2.4 and it's always dropped as the water dropped which means it was a good setting. Moving into flowering phase I kept the EC at the same level but experience something unexpected. Instead of the IC dropping as the water level dropped it started to rise and quite quickly. This is very confusing to me because I've always been under the impression and always read that when moving into flowering your plans require more nutrients not less.

For instance, yesterday when my plants had their little issue and from yesterday to today my plants drink 10 gallons of water no shit. With the loss of 10 gallons the ec rose from 1.7 to 2.0 in a single day. With the addition of 10 gallons of 1.0ec water the ec dropped to 1.4.

The point of me continuing to drop the ec is to get back to the perfect number.

But what do you guess think is going on considering the plants are growing great but burning tips at the same or lower EC then used with veg and now in flowering?
Reduce your feed, when ec rises when water level drops it’s beacue your ec is too high. Already experienced this, @DGP is like an expert at answering that question

S

Shawnery

I know that and that's what I'm doing.

My question was why is my plant requiring so much lower ec in flower then veg. From everything I understand that's pretty much opposite of what should happen.

RHINObeast

RHINObeast

I know that and that's what I'm doing.

My question was why is my plant requiring so much lower ec in flower then veg. From everything I understand that's pretty much opposite of what should happen.
Oh that’s easy it’s two answers, Genetics and light source.

RHINObeast

RHINObeast

Oh that’s easy it’s two answers, Genetics and light source.
Post sent before I could finish, you do have some pretty big ladies so maybe they want more light, I made an error on one of mine and overfed it and stunted it. Last time I ran it it was over4 zips, this time I’m lucky if I get 3

S

Shawnery

More than enough light.

I'm running 1500w of 3500k led Samsung strip lighting, as good as cobs, 4 fixtures each equal to a 500w GPS in lumens not in power and that is tested with lumens.

Thanks for the effort!

S

Shawnery

how about this?

I removed so much plant material, leaves and branches, during lollipoping that the plant is literally half of what it used to be. Being half the plants size it doesn't need the same level of nutrients?

Possible or is that not how it works, honest question?

S

Shawnery

Just about 3 weeks into flowering.

Right on target, a little slow or faster than expected?

Fixed the burning but the damage was done. It's a mix of nute and light because it's not as bad in the shade.

20180506 120051
20180506 120044
S

Shawnery

You guys think I should clean it out a little in the middle? If I'm going to do it I think now would be best. Get it done and stop messing with my girls.

S

Shawnery

Actually I mis counted and these last photos are 2 weeks exactly into flowering. Thank God because I thought they looked really small for 3 weeks, no?

Junk

Junk

You guys think I should clean it out a little in the middle? If I'm going to do it I think now would be best. Get it done and stop messing with my girls.
No. I would stop futzing with the vegetation at this point. Just defoliate day 21 if you need to.

You are new, excited, wanting to learn. That is a great thing...it can also be a destructive thing. What I did was have side plants that I didn't care about as much, and I experimented on those. Since your DWC, it's easy to setup another bucket. Keep your "good" plants as good as you can. Do your experiments on the other plant. It will save you a lot of heartache.

how about this?

I removed so much plant material, leaves and branches, during lollipoping that the plant is literally half of what it used to be. Being half the plants size it doesn't need the same level of nutrients?
It's all a balance, and right now, you are slightly out of whack. Plant size, light, feed, co2. You are pumping more nutes in than your current plant size/light/co2 level will metabolize. With the EC you are running I would be at least natural co2 and 1k per 4 plants.

Fixed the burning but the damage was done. It's a mix of nute and light because it's not as bad in the shade.
It's not the light, it just burns the leaves most exposed to the light first. Light burn looks very different.

In RDWC if you are flushing or working out of a control bucket, when you drain the system the water flows toward the the control bucket. As it does, all the particles in your solution are being dragged through the buckets and the roots of your plants act like a filter picking up all the little stuff causing a buildup in the root zone.

You can actually use this to your advantage. However, if you don't realize it's happening, you can accidentally overfeed, or if you have a long chain of plants you can overfeed the side closest to the control bucket, and starve the plants farthest from it. Slow your feed down, and by week 5, start cutting it considerably, otherwise you can just burn'em the rest of the run.

S

Shawnery

Defoliate is what I meant, thanks.

With my led you can't really count wall wattage being 1500 because each of my four fixtures are equal to a 500w HPS and I mean truly equivalent.

I didn't realize nute burn showed signs more under the light then in the shade, thanks again!

When I got my ph wrong for 5 minutes I quickly realized in what direction my nutes move in since it effected the first three on the right side and not the others at all.

I honestly don't believe my environment is off at all. Though I still can't account for why my ec started rising for a few days. Now I'm upping my ec again every day by .1 or .2 and my ec is dropping fast again. My ph is rising as well and the girls are growing like mad fire.

I was going to start lowering my ec the moment I start to see my ec rise again with water loss.

------

I'm not arguing or brushing off just having a back and forth conversation about our two views. It's just the way my brain works.

Top Bottom