A New Diamond Method?

• Thread starter Crush It
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
MirrorZen

MirrorZen

Yes sorry I am studying it..yes with temp change. So I was running the jar what 102 degrees and today at 4am I dropped it to 82 degrees and that is the magic temperature I have a lot of growth for one day. So either, A: the temp of around 80 f is appropriate..or B: about 2.5 weeks into the process growth ramps up I'm recording that now and will compare next time to confirm. Or a combination of maybe it is good to run higher temp and switch at some point maybe earlier maybe later than I did.
This is the recrystallization method, seen ppl do this before, they heat up for a couple hours at like 110 (never vac) then drop down to 70 for a couple hours. Back and forth. Works well, from what I have seen. Many methods. Also why I said if your running cold enough earlier. I run the column at around -50 and inject -50 solvent, that way it doesn't pick up any fats or lipids, that's probably why your sauce isn't so watery like consistency, because the fats and lipids are actually what make oil "stable". Just terpenes and thca is all trying to be pulled, so subzero temps are key.

C

Crush It

Okay so am I missing a step. Will I be able to ectract if it is as thick as honey? Also I check growth every 2 hrs and see production. Will they grow as long as I let them?

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

Okay so am I missing a step. Will I be able to ectract if it is as thick as honey? Also I check growth every 2 hrs and see production. Will they grow as long as I let them?
They can grow until there is just thca and terpenes left, you will know this because terpenes have the viscosity of water. Sometimes you have to do what's called a pour off, in which you pour the terp sauce into another jar and try the process again to try and get more thca extracted out. Not sure if you can, unless it's super terpy cured resin. Which I have done with terpy snap n pull, just threw it in a jar and put it in the oven and there was seperation. What you can do, is soak it in solvent again, dissolve it and try to leave a decent amount of solvent and start over. And/Or pour it through 2 coffee filters stacked, and that might help a little on the fats. Best I can think of for your situation, super saturation is key, decent amount of solvent left in when you pour into a mason jar.

C

Crush It

Okay but I am trying to not start over. So did I read the beginning correct only thc a and terpenes will be left? Then does that mean if I let the crystals grow longer the solution should get thinner correct is that what you're saying?

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

Okay but I am trying to not start over. So did I read the beginning correct only thc a and terpenes will be left? Then does that mean if I let the crystals grow longer the solution should get thinner correct is that what you're saying?
Yeah just keep doing your thing and maybe it will crash out more. It won't all the way if you extracted a bunch of fats and lipids. Anyways good luck.

C

Crush It

So on a stop watch eith the jar held at approx 45 deg. It took approx 2 seconds for the solution to fall. I think we are in good shape for pour. And it is not even close to done it seriously shows growth every hour. It is a trip. A friend of mine who is very knowledgeable said you don't really need to purge diamonds? Is that true? I am methodical and do shit correctly.

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

So on a stop watch eith the jar held at approx 45 deg. It took approx 2 seconds for the solution to fall. I think we are in good shape for pour. And it is not even close to done it seriously shows growth every hour. It is a trip. A friend of mine who is very knowledgeable said you don't really need to purge diamonds? Is that true? I am methodical and do shit correctly.
You are purging, just not under vac which lowers boiling point immensely. Butane s boiling point is 31.5 degrees, solvents do not exceed their boiling point. So if you put a five gal bucket full of water in your oven at 3 times its boiling point, there would be nothing left after 3 or 4 days at 675 degrees. I love using that analogy. Sounds like your in good shape.

C

Crush It

You are purging, just not under vac which lowers boiling point immensely. Butane s boiling point is 31.5 degrees, solvents do not exceed their boiling point. So if you put a five gal bucket full of water in your oven at 3 times its boiling point, there would be nothing left after 3 or 4 days at 675 degrees. I love ung that analogy. Sounds like your in good shape.

Ah got it so essentially a vaccume lowers the boiling point in turn making the time lapse shorter for purge.

C

Crush It

So when all is said and done could a guy just pluck up one of these 'diamonds' and smoke one and it's good to go? Like it's safe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom