A noob with a Mag 357 LED

• Thread starter Medijuana
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Medijuana

Medijuana

Hey LED aficionados.

Just thought I should give a quick update here on this thread of my very first grow. I flipped to flower on day 26 after transplanting some clones. I'm interested in what everyone thinks about the growth rate from where I started to now, especially in comparison to HPS or MH. I've never grown before, so I have no experience with those lights.

I'll post a few updates with pics here as I progress through the fun part of this project, but my main posts will be under the Grow Diary sub-forum. I have the link to my dairy below.

Let me know what you think. Peace!!

IMG 6740

IMG 6913

vaporedout

vaporedout

im no LEDer here but ive been fascinated with the results, sounds like you got one of the best led's. ill be watching

CA5P3R

CA5P3R

Looking good man. I would have Vegged them longer but that's just my preference. Some people Flip pretty quickly, I like to have little trees before I flip. I will be watching yours for sure. They look really healthy.

Medijuana

Medijuana

im no LEDer here but ive been fascinated with the results, sounds like you got one of the best led's. ill be watching

I am so far very happy with the results and the ladies seem very happy too. The real test is coming up though, but I've seen others end up with some really nice meds with this light, so I have my hopes up.

Looking good man. I would have Vegged them longer but that's just my preference. Some people Flip pretty quickly, I like to have little trees before I flip. I will be watching yours for sure. They look really healthy.

Thanks Ca5p3r! You have a little credit with this grow, as your threads helped steer me to the Mag LEDs. I feel good about the girls, especially with this being my first grow. I will probably have wished I vegged a bit longer too, but I have no idea how much stretch I'm in for and I am a bit limited in height with the tent and all. Plus, this is a personal med grow, so I'm not exactly shooting for record-breaking quantities. My main focus is quality. I'm keeping on eye on your grow too.

Medijuana

Medijuana

Primary Flowers Already!!

I feel guilty about this double posting (posted this to my Diary thread already), but I would like some feedback from the LED users here. The girls are currently 6 days post-flip and flowers are already popping up all over the place. Is this expected, or is this faster than normal? I was prepared for a two week period of stretch. Also, I had to finish up the final significant prune yesterday, so I figured that would have stressed the ladies too much to want to flower. None of these pistils were present yesterday, so this all happened within 16 hours.

Let me know if this is normal, but I'm stoked regardless. Thanks All!!

IMG 6923

IMG 6926

IMG 6931

Medijuana

Medijuana

Quick update. I'm two weeks and a day into flower, and things seem to be going well. Some noob lessons learned are to veg a bit longer, as I do have the room in my tent, and finish all major pruning before flipping to flower. I think I managed to stress the shit out of my strongest performing plant, and now she's a bit more runty looking than the rest of them. That being said, with this being my first grow, I'll be happy with any viable amount of meds from this grow. We'll see what happens in the next few weeks! Here's some pics of the progress:

IMG 6952

IMG 6942

cloudust

cloudust

Interested to see the results of this. Never used LEDs personally but have heard mixed things about them. Obviously which LEDs you choose plays a big role.

P

PatFenis

looking very nice, I can't wait to see those buds fatten up!!! Nice work bro!

Medijuana

Medijuana

I'm pretty sure the swelling stage is ramping up. The internodes are starting to disappear on some flowering stalks, and if I flip through my garden shots, I can definitely see the thickness developing. It hard to see those changes otherwise when I'm studying the garden everyday. One thing I am VERY happy with is the overall frostiness that has developed. I'm not even quite halfway through flowering, so I feel like things should turn out very nicely.

Here's a shot from Day 33 of flower

IMG 7045

sweettoothg

sweettoothg

Looks really nice. I really love your photography, it's super cool. What type of camera are you using?

Medijuana

Medijuana

Looks really nice. I really love your photography, it's super cool. What type of camera are you using?

Thanks SweettoothG.

I'm using a Canon 40D body with a Canon 2.8 100mm macro lens for the macros, and a Canon 2.8 17-70mm zoom for the other shots. The grow tent has proved to be a little studio set up, as I've found that I can bounce my accessory flash off the mylar walls for that cool little side-lighting effect in the pic above.

Medijuana

Medijuana

So I have no idea why this seems to be happening, but one of the plants appears to be maturing MUCH faster than the other three. And by maturing, I mean yellowing, apoptosis (fall foliage) of about 65% of primary fan leaves and definite milkiness of the glands. The bud fan leaves are still green/purple and look pretty healthy still. The other three plants' leaves are nice and green still and the majority of the glands are clear. On the fast maturing plant, I definitely don't see any amber color to any of the glands, but I don't see very many clear ones either. They're all clones from the same mother, so I thought they'd mature all about the same time.

Any feedback or advice would be GREATLY appreciated. Is this normal?

IMG 7138

IMG 7142

IMG 7142   Version 2

Medijuana

Medijuana

Hopefully the pic below will help clear up what I'm seeing? The bud pics above are from the plant with the yellowing leaves.

Any ideas on what's happening?

IMG 7143

707SebTownOGkrew

707SebTownOGkrew

if there not all the same strain id say that plant is done. what week are you on? your getting close to finish you, have you gotin the info you need for drying and curing yet. that part is important all your effort could turn out for nothing iv made that mistake. your doing really good so far im impressed keep up the good work. -sebtown krew memeber

Latest posts

Top Bottom