A noob's undercurrent journal

• Thread starter Headach
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

Headach

Hello, this would be my first journal entry as oppose to my first real grow. My experiment one was with some small tube aero(stinkbud method) then i upgraded into a better designed system which i ended up never using it.

Chatted with fatman :character0050: and he gave me a good ol lecture then i turned into a Undercurrent setup.

Short story short, i am now in day 2 of flowering and ill jabber my list of parts i have running in my small sealed 8x9 room.

8XL undercurrent
2k watters in magnum 8xxxl hoods
12k mini split
70 pint dehumi
1/4 water chiller
co2 tanks
GH nutrients
RO water

Hoods are fully vented, outside to the attic.

All my units are in the room, the pumps, dehumi, and ballast(lumatek), i dont have the room to source them elsewhere.

Started out with 800mL of bloom, 400mL mirco and 100mL of grow.

EC was around 1.40 and pH was steady at 5.9 with a minor adjustment.

Co2 level setted at 1000ppm

Room humidity was jumpy on the first day from 50-80 then solved the problem just yesterday by adding a dehumidifier, now its at 35-40%

So far i have 4 LA woman, 2 lemon skunk and 2 la confidential in as of yesterday. Put it in at night and everything seemed good until the light flipped on. I came back in and all of the leaves were droopy so i backed off on co2 to 700ppm and cleaned off the fan leaves that were droopy.

I also found some interesting marks on my plant on the first day of flowering, its like a clear/white circle with black dots. All of the leaves that were consists of it were chopped off.

Now its their 2nd day in flowering in the night cycle which they seem to be doing ok. No more droopyness maybe because i took off those fan leaves that pulled down the plants.

I am open to input and advices, i will have some picture up.

- Headache

deacon1503

deacon1503

If you still have any of the leaves, post a pic of these circles. Im interested to see what they possibly are.

Welcome to the UC club! Looking forward to hearing your progression, your in for quite a grow.

Are you using any root stimulator or myco?

H

Headach

No root stimulator or anything yet, i dont plan on either at this point. Fatman is very knowledgeable and he has been instructing me and helping me tremendously. After many emails, i feel confident i should be ok without root stim.

I was worried, i found 1 small lil worm looking thing over in my veg area. Going to get some neem oil to spray just in case.

G

Gro

welcome to the farm and good luck with ur gro.what about some pics bro?:rock

H

Headach

Thanks fatman, glad to see you on my thread!

Ill order that within the hour or so.

Had a little issue this morning, room got to 96F and my MDT shut off the lights to prevent it to get any hotter. If only this mini split ac unit manual is in english...

T

thirtyshort

Looking forward too seeing some pics. Sending some good vibes your way hoping u blow up this system like Jack is doing.

J

Jalisco Kid

Michels prices at super biz are quite high. he charges 42 a lb of fulvic and I have some for 8 bucks. Going with out benies (even in hydro over 50 ppm of P) could come back and bite you. good luck JK

F

fatman

Michels prices at super biz are quite high. he charges 42 a lb of fulvic and I have some for 8 bucks. Going with out benies (even in hydro over 50 ppm of P) could come back and bite you. What? First off it is a foliar applicatiom of Kelp Extract ,not Fulvic acids that i recommended. It is ratios that matter, not so much the ppm Jalisco Kid. The analysis is based upon a mixed concentration od 100x diluted to 100 gallons. IE a very dilute solution and the ratios are in acceptable ranges for young plants where it is root growth that you are trying to increase. The phosphorus is in excess of theplant needs but not necessraily in excess when you consider the amount of phosphorus that will be used up by buffering. All the same I think I would try something more like a ratio of BGM of around 1:1:2 for N= 315 ppm, P-150 pp, and K=300 ppm at a 100X dilution. I would use a 200X dilution so, 4.75 ml Bloom, 4.75 ml Grow, and 9.5 ml of Micro per gallon of water for a EC of 1.5 good luck JK

Quality fulvic acids are extracted from compost. Cheap fulvic acids are extracted from Coal.

HUMIC ACID, FULVIC ACID & HUMIN

About 200 years ago, acid, fulvic acid and humin were used to describe what workers believed to be three distinct fractions of humic substances. The three fractions were separated from various materials by using “classical” extraction techniques with aqueous (water) solutions. First, the humic material was treated with a strong alkali (base), then an acid was added. The acid caused a coagulated, black, sludge-like material to precipitate out of solution. They named the precipitate “humic acid.”

The remaining mixture that survived the base/acid treatment consisted of an acidic liquid and a solid. The liquid was named “fulvic acid,” and the solid that was unaffected by the treatments was named “humin.” Despite the fact that manufacturers use variations of these operations, which don’t necessarily duplicate the process described above, the names “humic acid,” “fulvic acid” and “humin” persist.

Potassium hydroxide is the typical alkali used by manufacturers to extract humic acid from leonardite. Since the remaining liquid solution is very alkaline, in the range of 8 to 12 pH, it is incompatible with acids. Here lies some of the confusion, the humic acid synthesized by this operation is not actually an acid. Because it can also be described as the product of adding acid to an alkaline solution, it is a salt therefore the word “humate” may be more appropriate.

Some manufacturers follow the traditional method described above by treating the alkaline extract with acid, precipitating out the humic acid portion, leaving behind the so-called fulvic acid fraction in solution. The fulvic fraction is acidic, with a distinctive yellowish tint. Note, however, that the operation is vague. There is no definite pH at which the precipitate and acid are separated.

As various fractions of humic substances are soluble in a wide pH range, it makes sense that some fractions must be soluble at neutral pH. Some manufacturers treat humic materials with water,extracting the water-soluble fraction, calling that fraction either fulvic acid or “colloidal minerals,” which are promoted in human neutraceutical markets. Fulvic acid can be operationally defined as “the fraction of humic substances that is soluble in water under all pH conditions.”

The marketing of humic substances is interesting in that there is a lack of standardized analysis within the industry for fulvic acid and humic acid. For example, if liquidized humic materials are subjected to analysis, it is difficult to determine what the analysis reveals because of the infinite number of re-associations of free radicals that are possible during the extraction process. Some scientists argue that the reaction products are substances created by alkali treatment as complex degradation products, stripped of many of the original functional groups and recombined into an indescribable material. 1)

Basically all fulvic and humic acids are not alike or equal. Even those extracted from coal vary immensely based upon where the coal came from.

Mike's prices are not high as the quality of the products he sells are top notch. If you want a poor product for even cheaper, now Jalisco, with what I have just posted you can make it your self and be real happy.

Reference:
1) ACRES Jan-Feb 2004 • Vol. 34, No. 1&2

H

Headach

How is everyone with bucket setup bringing in their clones and veg into the net pots? I had aero, but i dont really like my aero systems, always run into a leak here and there. I was thinking of using something like rockwool to gem/seed the plants then when i veg and have mothers plant, i would use ebb and flow. Maybe set the clones in a lil net with hydroton in it and start from there.

Anyone?

IPlay4Keepz

IPlay4Keepz

How is everyone with bucket setup bringing in their clones and veg into the net pots? I had aero, but i dont really like my aero systems, always run into a leak here and there. I was thinking of using something like rockwool to gem/seed the plants then when i veg and have mothers plant, i would use ebb and flow. Maybe set the clones in a lil net with hydroton in it and start from there.

Anyone?

I cloned big cuts in homemade aerocloner until rooted and then i transplanted carefully into the net pots provided with hydroton. Try n put as much of the stem under the hydroton since this part of the plant will explode with roots. I vegged in the UC against ppls recommendations, but i ddint hav the time or space 4 a veg table. It was a pain in the ass because i had to fill the system 2 the brim and top fed by hand every hour while lights were on. But they dropped roots in less than a week and it was on like donkey kong after that!! Trust me... ur UC is going 2 rock!!!:rock -Keepz

H

Headach

Sprayed some neem last night just for safety, kind of made some plant droopy. That shit stinks really bad btw.

Ill have pictures up today

H

Headach

Thanks iplay,

I think i found a way to veg and have mothers, ill use rockwool for cuttings and when i veg them or have mums ill do an ebb and flow table with hydroton in a pot with em.

I had great results with aero in the past, but its messy and it cant support big plants for shit, from my experience.

H

Headach

Pictures

The LA woman where normally the fast vegger, for some reason they are being a little slow. After i sprayed a little of neem oil on them last night some of the leafs are showing deficiency on the LA woman, the lemon skunk and LA confidential is doing quite well now.

They are really trimmed because of the first 12 hours on they were droopy so i chopped off most of the fans that were weak.

Control2
Control
IMAG0004
IMAG0009
Lacon2
Lacon
Lawoman2
Lawoman
Lawomanleaf
Ls
H

Headach

Picture 1 and 2 is the control unit.

5 and 6 are the LA confidential.

7-8 are the LA woman

9 is the the leaf symptom i was talking about, its a little yelloish.

Last one is the skunk

Enjoy!

H

Headach

Plants are a little small because they didnt get enough veg time, i went ahead and toss them in there right away because i wanted to dial in things and get it right.

M

mrdizzle

looks good dude,you want to put that airpump outside your room so it can draw in fresh air instead of the 1000ppm of co2

K

Kpezzy

Looks very good buddy, I think you're going to regret not spacing them farther apart though

Top Bottom