About to buy a LED ligth please help

• Thread starter Ph 007
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ph 007

Ph 007

Hi everyone, I'm about to buy a led light to replace my 600watt HPS light

I have had my eyes on a certain light on eBay for last year or so by kelvin range I know lost will know what in on a out.

Anyway I remember some one posted a link for the same lights much cheaper from.China think it was Aquar man my hero lol that posted it few months back
I will be buying this in the link below in a few days
But before I do I was hoping to get some.info.before getting.it

U see to options 1 is 3000k. And other is 3500k not sure if it has any reds.in it as its aids flower so iv Read..

Any ideas what one I need, it's for flowering room but ideally it can do veg and flower as most them do but want make sure what what before I buy.. 2 if then I'll be getting 240 watt eatch son total be 480 these 2 are to replace my 600 wat HPS in a 1.2 metres tent

The options in have are below
Screenshot_20191230-001115.png

Also I know Samsung chips in these boards ate popular but LG just as good ain't they or is that not even the make of these chips lol.. I know who ever post the link I give above in a chat few months back did make out these are good the seemed to know their shit, again think it was Aquar man my hero 🧜‍♂️

I just realised they are Samsung chips lol

Last edited:
10w30

10w30

Supporter
i dont know these lights, im using 400w MH and 315 CMH

there are other threads here that discuss these (not exact) lights, people have posted their thoughts. it might be worth reading some of the LED threads that are active recently.

good luck with whatever you do

PharmerBob

PharmerBob

3500, is also look into getting better heatsinks maybe from hlg themselves or atleast twice the size of those king brite ones.

I got two a while back and ended up basically rebuilding the whole unit. Drivers, heatsinks and leaving just the boards from them.

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

So I could just as easily give you all the info you require, BUT this has been a toooc comming up
Daily. First review some of the LED lighting posts, search for quantum boards here and read a little more, feel free to review some of my builds and others. All the information is at your finger tips, and not to be a dick here but if you read a few of the posts you will
Know so much more and then be able to ask questions that might not be so accessible.

Ph 007

Ph 007

i dont know these lights, im using 400w MH and 315 CMH

there are other threads here that discuss these (not exact) lights, people have posted their thoughts. it might be worth reading some of the LED threads that are active recently.

good luck with whatever you do
Thanks for the reply :) ye I have some old posts I need to look for about these light and try figure our what's best,, I want to order like yesterday lol but want till I know what's best, these are good lights tho I know that, just not sure. In the 3000k and 3500k and the red added light u can have to help in flower still bit of learning on it I need :)

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

Replace your 600w with 4 of the 288 boards, or two of those king brights would do. HLG has the best quality (service - much is made in the USA, good warranty and claims - USA, USA,Usa ) but cost more.

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

Thanks for the reply :) ye I have some old posts I need to look for about these light and try figure our what's best,, I want to order like yesterday lol but want till I know what's best, these are good lights tho I know that, just not sure. In the 3000k and 3500k and the red added light u can have to help in flower still bit of learning on it I need :)

will these be flower only or both? that would be my deciding factor

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

Just get this one. Better heat sink, better price , lm301h top bins. I just grabbed one cause it’s cheaper than I can build and will be running it side by side my others soon....

Ph 007

Ph 007

3500, is also look into getting better heatsinks maybe from hlg themselves or atleast twice the size of those king brite ones.

I got two a while back and ended up basically rebuilding the whole unit. Drivers, heatsinks and leaving just the boards from them.
I have read In past about heat sinks on other similar light, don't know to much but have read some cause problems, I just know a lot of people where bragging this light up so though must be good, lucky I not rushed and bough it yet, be honest u put me right off now lol. I don't wanna be replacing it for a Kong line or fucking about changing part,, i know ordering from chinna u got be cerfull can get some.right shit quality, bit more reading i think like few of your have said lol

I made this post to try to same me all that reading lol

Ph 007

Ph 007

So I could just as easily give you all the info you require, BUT this has been a toooc comming up
Daily. First review some of the LED lighting posts, search for quantum boards here and read a little more, feel free to review some of my builds and others. All the information is at your finger tips, and not to be a dick here but if you read a few of the posts you will
Know so much more and then be able to ask questions that might not be so accessible.
Why u being a dick man haha

I need to do just that I think, u got a link to your build? And did u mention costs and links where u bought your parts from

Thanks

Ph 007

Ph 007

I have not tested temp at max power over a period of time as of yet but the 5mm solid alum plate should be good.
Im want to try these LEDs or cob what every they are, chips on boards lol
I want to try because I get problems with 600wattHPS, and also to of them total 480-500 watt will out before a 600watt HPS,, electrics not a problems its heat and also very much interest on trying new LEDs none if this Amazon shit leds

Have u had good growth results with this kind of.light? And are they very bright compared to.hps

BigCube

BigCube

I just bought another 240w kingbrite unit. I honestly wouldn't waste watts or money on all that cree, uv and ir stuff.. lm301b/h LEDs put out more light per watt than any of those. IR and UV leds are notoriously over priced, under powered and last less than half the time of normal LEDs.

I just stick with the 3000k straight up. No red, uv, ir or cree BS. Just a waste of money and watts. If you want to supplement your spectrum, use other bulbs/tubes to do it. They are cheaper, they last longer, they put out way more light, and when they burn out, you just replace a 20 or 30 dollar bulb/tube, not the entire fixture.

IMO every watt not spent on lm301 LEDs is a watt wasted, at almost 2 times the light output of other LEDs.

Just the way I look at it. The amount other stuff those ir uv and red LEDs add is almost nothing. You're paying a lot more for them, they dont last as long and they are eating up wattage that is better spent on more light.

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

Im want to try these LEDs or cob what every they are, chips on boards lol
I want to try because I get problems with 600wattHPS, and also to of them total 480-500 watt will out before a 600watt HPS,, electrics not a problems its heat and also very much interest on trying new LEDs none if this Amazon shit leds

Have u had good growth results with this kind of.light? And are they very bright compared to.hps

thee light I posted, will our perform your 600w, pull less from the wall andbe less heat. Further, it comes with a dimmer so you can tune your grow as you desire. Remember when you dim an hps you cause spectrum swing and are no longer delivering the ideal color light to your grow. This does NOT happen when you dim leds, just the intensity changes.

Top Bottom