About to get into growing, could use some advice

• Thread starter Tofta
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Choppr

Choppr

Hey guys, my state just made it legal for me to grow and was looking for some advice. Primarily looking at this kit to start and plan on getting it this coming Friday https://myhigrow.com/product/myhigrow-4x8-grow-tent-complete-kit-with-roof-grow-tent-4x8-960-watt/

Is this adequate for 12 plants?

Plan on going with autos and have made good use of royal queen seeds holiday sale and have a good mixture of Northern lights, North thunderfuck, blue cheese, fat banana, white widow, watermelon, and triple g on the way.
Lastly has anyone used Coast of Maine soil? Looks like a pretty solid set up and should only need nutrients during the flowering process? Thanks in advance
looks like a good price for everything you get, that "barn style" tent would be a hard pass for me, it looks like its only "4 ft tall" in the "square part" of the tent, and 2 feet of angled roof.....can the lights raise up into that angled part of the tent? looks like lights are 28" x 27" so maybe you could get them up higher into the roof area, how high? something to consider...lights look pretty good with 301H's - my tents are 80" and I still can have height issues w/ Sati's

Last edited:
T

Tofta

looks like a good price for everything you get, that "barn style" tent would be a hard pass for me, it looks like its only "4 ft tall" in the "square part" of the tent, and 2 feet of angled roof.....can the lights raise up into that angled part of the tent? something to consider...
So it looks like it will go just as high as the standard tent since the ventilation system takes up the same amount of space at the top and the lights are wired to the very top of the tent like normal. Due to the steep angles this was the only way to get a 4x8 and still have room to work other wise it would have taken all the middle space

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
So it looks like it will go just as high as the standard tent since the ventilation system takes up the same amount of space at the top and the lights are wired to the very top of the tent like normal. Due to the steep angles this was the only way to get a 4x8 and still have room to work other wise it would have taken all the middle space
Can you put your ventilation system outside the tent to make more room for the lights?

Choppr

Choppr

my exhausts are roof top mounted - for more headroom. Its really all on how well you train, multi-topped bushes will stay short, but then they get wide - looks like a good start up my'dude - post more pics after your set-up - cant wait to see it in action - Right On

IMG 5959
IMG 5958
T

Tofta

Definitely need to work on it but it definitely seems they can be pulled up all the way to where the ventilation will be 🤙luckily I will have a while to mess around with it until the rest of the kit comes in

20231230 160652
Choppr

Choppr

different lights than the ones in the Advertisement...you should be able to configure better with those...
the long cable wires can be ditched too, to get you up higher if needed...I make my own cables (much shorter)

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Yeah they say it helps spread it out and avoid to much at the center. We shall see. I've only seen 2 independent videos and both seem very promising.
I haven't seen an LED array like that before. Most lights do tend to project more power directly under the light. That's okay when there's a plant directly under the light. That's how I grow—with one light per plant. I just installed an AC Infinity light that's square with a hole in the middle in my 2x2 tent. I'm thinking that should disperse the light better. We'll see... I just started a seedling for it.

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Hopefully the growers kit/ventilation comes in this week, would really like to start sprouting seeds this coming weekend.
If it’s a week out I’d pop em. My seedlings are almost never in a tent, just on a shelf with a veg light over them, keep the tops of the doors on the tent open, turn off all lights except one and use it once a few seeds break soil, keep it about 30” above the seedlings, a lot of people worry about VPD etc et, at this point I don’t if they die now they weren’t ment to be, but with the doors open a bit the RH will stay high enough and the tent will stay warm enough, you won’t need lights on them at all for at least 3-4 days anyways since you still have to germinate and sow them

Get those beans popped!

Seedling / clone shelf below, just garbage bags as walls, no fans at all in there, temp stays at 78-80f and RH around 56, even clones are doing fine in there, door fits loosely so air can exchange enough passively

Sick little setup for sure! You should be able to pull some nice harvests out of there, looks like a shorty tent though, I’d start researching LST and ScroG so you can control height in there

IMG 1468
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
different lights than the ones in the Advertisement...you should be able to configure better with those...
the long cable wires can be ditched too, to get you up higher if needed...I make my own cables (much shorter)
I buy packs of these every time I get a light, defenitly ditch the metal crimped hangers I’ve seen 3 of them break the crimps under very light loads hook

Use 4 for each light if you have 4 mounting points, to acheive the max height possible

IMG 1511
T

Tofta

I buy packs of these every time I get a light, defenitly ditch the metal crimped hangers I’ve seen 3 of them break the crimps under very light loads hook

Use 4 for each light if you have 4 mounting points, to acheive the max height possible
My only concern is that having 5 lights that would mean every time I need to adjust it would be 20 adjustment points. Thinking that if I tie a wire from the 2 connection points at either end and connecting the pulleys to that so I only have 2 adjustment points per light. Looks like I can get them pretty close, if not to the top

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
My only concern is that having 5 lights that would mean every time I need to adjust it would be 20 adjustment points. Thinking that if I tie a wire from the 2 connection points at either end and connecting the pulleys to that so I only have 2 adjustment points per light. Looks like I can get them pretty close, if not to the top
I normally only end up moving my lights twice a grow once mid veg then once around week week 2 of flower, I get the pain though lol, or do like I do and keep them high and bring the plants up to them and slowly lower, as they stretch, (also less of a back strain to you as well lol)

N

Natep

I feel like these days hydro is going to be pushed out. I would build a good organic soil. Put a model 69 pro+ controller with a 8” fan, a couple maybe 3 circles fans, humidifier and portable ac in it. Check out Jeremy Silvia’s videos from build a soil. I think the coots way he teaches is the simplest way to be good results. Also remember you are paying for the power for all that space. Fill it up. Make sure you have a wall to wall canopy. It will cost you the same to grow 1 oz as 4 lbs in that much space.

T

Tofta

Just got these in. Looks like I can get about 5'4" or about 163 cm from floor to lights.
20240104 025437

Top Bottom