Accurate Information About Autoflowering Plants

• Thread starter Seraphim19
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly

I'm actually wondering with autos whether a indoor light regime is right for them . They r already going to flip so extra light is not needed . No 20/4 back to 12/12 required . I suspect they'd do better with less hours . Why do I say this because my autos at 3 weeks r pushing 40 cm and this is reasonably consistent across my grows . From grows I've seen indoors they seem to be stunted . Like the light regime for normal seed grows sort of turns them into auto,s drop the light back and boom . But autos are already going boom once they split there seeds. Just a thought .

Quagmire

Quagmire

Yes, looking very nice and very healthy indeed.. keep up the fine work..

str8smokn

str8smokn

Ok starting to see lighting up on new growth, thinking nitrogen so I went and got some Alaska fish fert 5-1-1. I mixed up about 1/4 strength at first . Can I brew the fish with bone meal and bennies for a veg feed that would be about 11-9-8 npk

str8smokn

str8smokn

First feeding of any nutes other then FFOF and some CAPPS bennies. I was looking at mabey trying the AURORA line of organic food, anyone tried it?

Quagmire

Quagmire

First feeding of any nutes other then FFOF and some CAPPS bennies. I was looking at mabey trying the AURORA line of organic food, anyone tried it?
I have the Aurora line of foods called Buddha Grow/Bloom, Oregonism X.L for important Fungi needed, Up Rising Bloom, HP2, HPK, Trinity Carbo Catalyst & Ancient Amber... getting a catalyst for me is a must as it makes everything your putting into your soil play together nicely and helps uptake of all minerals.. I'm just finishing up a grow and I must say I'm pretty happy with it so far..
Another I"d recommend is "Age Old Organics" ... especially if your using a Coco based soil mix..

str8smokn

str8smokn

I just found a hydro shop In town ,they Carry hydro- farm lines. I was looking at the aurora master pack,trying to stay totally organic.so I figured roots organics was a good comp..

C

cannashroom

Hey guys love the thread!

I'm a complete novice and have read as much as possible but with so many different variations of setups and nutrient guides I'm still in need of help.

I have a 400w vipar led panel, barneys farm nyc diesel auto, 70×80×180cm high cupboard fully mylar lined and a desk fan, Canna coco professional plus and cannas nutes range including canna a+b, rhizotonic, cannazyme, canna boost and pk 13/14.

I planted the seed today and got my sister to help me with the feed but she knows nothing about autos now I'm panicking lol.

Thanks for the future advice! X

S

Seraphim19

Hey guys love the thread!

I'm a complete novice and have read as much as possible but with so many different variations of setups and nutrient guides I'm still in need of help.

I have a 400w vipar led panel, barneys farm nyc diesel auto, 70×80×180cm high cupboard fully mylar lined and a desk fan, Canna coco professional plus and cannas nutes range including canna a+b, rhizotonic, cannazyme, canna boost and pk 13/14.

I planted the seed today and got my sister to help me with the feed but she knows nothing about autos now I'm panicking lol.

Thanks for the future advice! X

Hey mate welcome to the auto revolution!

I have not used canna nutrients before so I cannot be specific on the dosage that your plants need but I can give you some guidelines that will help you achieve the best results.

First thing to note is that autos can be highly sensitive to strong nutrient mixes so I would suggest that you look up what canna recommend and start the plants on half the recommended dosage and slowly increase the dose watching for signs of nute burn.

The second thing is don't switch from veg nutrients too early, a lot of people make this mistake as they feed bloom nutes as soon as they see hairs appear. you should keep feeding veg nutes until you see the vertical growth slow or stop then change to bloom nutes and start using your pk 13/14, and watch out for cal/mag deficiency. Autos and leds together generally cause the plant to need more cal/mag than normal so be prepared my friend.

Good luck with your grow and rest assured we will be on hand if you need any further help.

str8smokn

str8smokn

I will keep updated.im gonna start a thread closer to finishing time,been taking pictures daily.

M

MalayGrower

Hi everyone.
First time grower here searching for some answers.
Thank you for this awesome thread. I really learned a lot.

I am currently growing two autos right now, 1 pot Auto Blue and 1 pot Massive Midget. They are on their 2nd week.

I mixed 1 part soil, 1 part coco peat, 1 part perlite as my grow media in 10ltr pots. Nutes are hard to come by here and frankly I am scared of using them after reading autos are nutes sensitive. So I follow a grow technique I read over the internet years ago. I filled the bottom of my pots 1/5th of soil mix, 1/5th layer of chicken manure pallets after that and top my pots with soil mix.

The idea behind this technique is that the plants wont need any nutes to be added by the grower. Just water them and the roots will eventually find the manure to feed on as the plant grows.

Is this a safe bet? I am just worried that my plants will burn once their roots find the manure?

Thanks.

Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly

How tall r the pots . As long as there not to shallow it should be alright if you mixed the pellets with the soil . Otherwise IMO I'd repot . Maybe consider composted manure next time . That will get u passed veg . U will need a little P and some k to get best results consider some molasses . Also consider putting in a couple of crushed egg shells in your soil mix sometime and maybe get a compost bin going so you can use your own compost instead of soil next time . Lost of beneficial stuff in compost . Sorry are they raw chook pellets or composted and what do they add as a caking agent (stuff that holds the pallets together). If u repot be supper careful they don't like it but better than burnt roots . Also I personaly would crush the pelts (maybe a fifth of a pot across the two ) and mix that in with the soil perlite ect .Happy days bro

Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly

Ps what sort of soil r u using cause if it to heavy it will block your drain holes in the bottom of your pots .

M

MalayGrower

Hey ausauto.

Thanks for your advice man.

I will definitely get a compost bin going for my next grow. Stealth is a very big issue, I can only grow 2 at a time at this moment. Will not repot my current auto blue and massive midget, I just know my clumsy noob hands will destroy them. Will just go through this first grow and be happy with the end result I guess.

My pots are 10 inches tall. The soil I meant was the mixture of 1:1:1 regular soil, coco peat and perlite. In my noob opinion, i think they work great. Planted my fem seeds in them straight and they popped in less than a week.

The chook pallets are composted pallets and I am not sure what the maker use as a holding agent as the pallets were donated to me. Man I hope i dont end up burning my plants..

Quagmire

Quagmire

Hey Malay... I personally don't like using any manures.. the mix your going with soil/coco peat/perlite should be fine.. do you know if the soil your using has any slow release foods in it? Your mix may be just fine, maybe use a little seaweed extract early on and with autos after flowering starts you really need to watch for Cal/Mag deficiencies and this is where the crushed Eggshells come in.. rinse them really good, dry out and crush/grind into a powder.. 2 egg shells per...liter I believe.. if not I'll chime back in. Right now I'd not worry to much if the pellets you put in are deep.. as you water they'll start to break down a bit before roots ever get to them.. for now, just water and watch for any issues..

Quagmire

Quagmire

I'm actually wondering with autos whether a indoor light regime is right for them . They r already going to flip so extra light is not needed . No 20/4 back to 12/12 required . I suspect they'd do better with less hours . Why do I say this because my autos at 3 weeks r pushing 40 cm and this is reasonably consistent across my grows . From grows I've seen indoors they seem to be stunted . Like the light regime for normal seed grows sort of turns them into auto,s drop the light back and boom . But autos are already going boom once they split there seeds. Just a thought .

You know what's funny... I am just finishing up my very 1st auto flowering grow and made all kinds of errors, one of which was flipping them to 12/12 after they showed sex around day #20 or sooner as I had no idea what light schedule to use.. shortly after I met Seraphim here and found out the errors of my ways, switched them to 18/6 which I"ve used now for the past month.. no stunting here, and I think that is more genetics then anything else.. this is AK47 x Sour60 at day #52 and I couldn't be happier.. learning about Auto Flowering Strains and now breeding with them a bit, I've found my calling.. love it..

IMG 0045
IMG 0034
IMG 0049
Last edited:
Quagmire

Quagmire

Hey Seraphim I do have a question about the seeds I'm currently harvesting off my Bubblegun.... As I'm collecting them off the 3 diff phenos, should I keep the seeds separated from one another? Or will each seeded plant go ahead and show all 3 different pheno types from their different seeds so no reason to keep them apart and labeled 1, 2 + 3.. Right now they are in baggies with a few grains of rice in each.. how long before they can be planted?? Thanks again M8te

Latest posts

Top Bottom