• Thread starter Seraphim19
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Ghostprotoss

E62529D5 B6FA 469E 9DEB F7DE1B374B53
8158FD8E 2A63 48F5 BC34 B1311525D986
8158FD8E 2A63 48F5 BC34 B1311525D986
Day 110: I harvested the plant today - now the drying starts for 8-10 days.

Since this is my first grow, I was just a bit concerned about the top cola, it’s moist and very dense, which is normal I suppose - I noticed some “web like” substance in one of the areas, not sure if it’s the resin moisture or dust combined with moisture or some sort of bud-rot?

TerpyTyrone

TerpyTyrone

View attachment 850789 View attachment 850788 View attachment 850788 Day 110: I harvested the plant today - now the drying starts for 8-10 days.

Since this is my first grow, I was just a bit concerned about the top cola, it’s moist and very dense, which is normal I suppose - I noticed some “web like” substance in one of the areas, not sure if it’s the resin moisture or dust combined with moisture or some sort of bud-rot?
Smoke it lets see what happens!?

Broken

Broken

I noticed some “web like” substance in one of the areas, not sure if it’s the resin moisture or dust combined with moisture or some sort of bud-rot?

Top pic definitely looks like webs. but rot would bother me more than finding a web. Hell over the years I bet its not the worst thing you have smoked. Maybe you will get spidey powers

Aksarben

Aksarben

Can you get pretty good genetic ofspring, via feminized seeds if you feminize an autoflower? Guess what I am getting at is if I have a Zkittles auto, and want to regrow it again, would I need to buy seeds again of that, or can I get female plants from turning the female to male and getting some pollen for her or her sisters?

I am thinking I can create 1 branch that is male and separate it before it matures pollen. But would the resulting developed seeds still be Zkittles Auto?

How does one find a mostly Cannabis stavia, var ruderalis if you want to play around with breeding?

str8smokn

str8smokn

Can you get pretty good genetic ofspring, via feminized seeds if you feminize an autoflower? Guess what I am getting at is if I have a Zkittles auto, and want to regrow it again, would I need to buy seeds again of that, or can I get female plants from turning the female to male and getting some pollen for her or her sisters?

I am thinking I can create 1 branch that is male and separate it before it matures pollen. But would the resulting developed seeds still be Zkittles Auto?

How does one find a mostly Cannabis stavia, var ruderalis if you want to play around with breeding?

Yes you can reverse a female auto and get S1 auto seeds from it.

Aksarben

Aksarben

Thanks for the reply. So if I have Zkittles Auto (which has a rueralis parent in the mix) and I create feminized seed from it using STS or Colloidal Silver, then the resulting seeds would produce a plant(s), what, 90% or greater in genetics to the Zkittles Auto I bought from Seedsman? Is that correct, or do you loose something in the course of feminization?

Srenots

Srenots

Thanks for the reply. So if I have Zkittles Auto (which has a rueralis parent in the mix) and I create feminized seed from it using STS or Colloidal Silver, then the resulting seeds would produce a plant(s), what, 90% or greater in genetics to the Zkittles Auto I bought from Seedsman? Is that correct, or do you loose something in the course of feminization?
whatever ur crossing will be there bro...they may lean to one or the other of the parents in the end.....pheno hunt, keep the best and rock n roll

Dreamingtree

Dreamingtree

Great info. I have recently started to get into autos a little more, due to the ease of the grow for new CO home-growers. There are some really good autos out there!

If you have any info on cloning an auto, I'd like to hear it... :smug:
You can’t clone an auto because the clone would be halfway through their life cycle from the start.
It will not start off as a seperate Autoflower plant because it is part of a plant that automatically goes through its lifecycle.

B

Ben.lewy420

ok guys I am back with the first installment of this thread and seeing as you want the best out of yours Tnelz I will start with a quick explanation of the lifecycle of auto flowering plants and then move on to the best growing methods.

LIFECYCLE OF AN AUTO

A common question I see is when to switch autos from veg to bloom. Many people are under the impression that as soon as they see the first flowers it's time to switch. Perhaps a little explanation of the life cycle of autos will help to clarify this.

Weeks 1 - 3. Once you've started your seeds and they break the surface of the soil, they are in their seedling stage. The first set of leaves to appear will usually single fingered, followed by a second set that may still be single fingered or perhaps 3 fingered. Once that second set appears growth will start to accelerate as the new leaves provide more photosynthesis. This process will continue, more new leaves, faster growth. Depending on the type of soil in use, mild vegetative nutes can be introduced at week 2. By week 3 most plants will start to show their sex. Males will start to produce pollen sacks and females will display pistils.

Weeks 4 - 6. The plants are now entering a pre flowering stage. During this time the plants should exhibit explosive growth, often as much as a new set of nodes and 1" vertical growth a day. This is the time when they will gain most of their vertical height. Many people make the mistake of switching from vegetative to flowering nutrients at this point, assuming that since they see flowers it must be the proper time. This is incorrect. If the switch to flowering nutes is made at this time the vertical growth will stop and the plant will put it's energy into producing buds. If you need to keep your plants small, or want them to finish earlier, they by all means switch nutes at this point. But if you want to get the most out of your plants continue feeding vegetative nutes until you see the vertical growth slow and stop. Depending on the strain that will usually be sometime during week 5 or 6.

Weeks 7 - 9. By now vertical growth has stopped and the switch to flowering nutrients has been made.

Does this apply also to photoperiod plants? "Using vegetative nutes for the first few weeks of the flowering stage until vertical growth has been achieved"?

BigCube

BigCube

I'm still trying to figure out why people use autos at all.

I mean besides those people in rare cases when outdoor and where you live doesn't stay sunny long enough for SOME regular strains.

I feel they are useless. All I see is cons.

S

Simplicio

I mean besides those people in rare cases when outdoor and where you live doesn't stay sunny long enough for SOME regular strains.

All I grow is autos.
They get big, and yield big in hydro.
And they are potent.

Trashing autos in an autos thread is strange.

newh

newh

I used to kill autos,thats howI Iearned to grow weed.I had a few duds but quite a few good ones.My largest yield was 265 grams from a critical 2.0 auto and I had many that went 150 grams or more.To me it gave me a good start with less than ideal conditions that produced smokeable buds.As far as quality theres plenty of good auto strains if you do some research to find one that might suit you.white widow auto and lemon haze auto

20170609 174441
BigCube

BigCube

So you saying simply making a strain autoflower, it increases the potential yield?

I'd like to see some research that shows anything like that. From what I've seen, breeding ruderalis in to a Strain makes it yield less, herm more and grow smaller.

Facts arent on your side dude. It's a joke to think auto grow bigger than regulars.

I just don't see the benefit of auto.

newh

newh

So you saying simply making a strain autoflower, it increases the potential yield?

I'd like to see some research that shows anything like that. From what I've seen, breeding ruderalis in to a Strain makes it yield less, herm more and grow smaller.

Facts arent on your side dude. It's a joke to think auto grow bigger than regulars.

I didnt say they get bigger than photos,I said they get big ,as you can see by the pics.There is small versions of autos also thats why I said if you do some research you can find ones that fit your situation

newh

newh

the ruderalis part of the autos is only 5 to 10 percent.The white widow strain in the pic was developed over many years by Dinafem.They introduce the auto genetics early in the process and backcross with their elite photo genetics till they get stabilized autos.Theyve done this with many strains from their photos to get different autos that people desire

BigCube

BigCube

I didnt say they get bigger than photos,I said they get big ,as you can see by the pics.There is small versions of autos also thats why I said if you do some research you can find ones that fit your situation

None of them fit my needs. I need something I can veg for as long as I need to, something I can clone, somerhing I can keep as a mother, and something that isnt an inferior version of an already existing strain.

I still see no real reason to use auto.

Top Bottom