Ace Malawi And Cycloptics Greenbeams: Caught In The Under Current!

• Thread starter timmur
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

robz

Looking nice good job. I have the o2 generator on one of my systems too. Gets the plants big fast!

Genesis

Genesis

Awesome, I can't wait to see this grow in with the CMH tech. That beautiful white light should be plenty for 9 plants along with all your crazy supplemental stuff. Pumped.

timmur

timmur

Yeah pumped is how I'm feeling! I have quite bit left to do before startup, but I wish I could wave the wand and be done. Oh well I've waited a couple years, what's another week or two?

Ordered the Agrowtek today, but I still have to order a few more of the mega-rays ( sounds sci-fi, lol) and a quantum light meter. Still on the fence about getting a UV light meter. Should consider a hand held DO meter too but I don't really want to spring for one.

DapperDon

DapperDon

Hey Don what about this Extech DO600 ? I've heard good things about it from people who work with water or a living.
The problem with pen meters is that once the probe goes out, you need a whole new unit vs just buying the replacement probe. Hanna is a benchmark in the scientific community and has a world wide reputation for quality and precision. I keep my probe in a special manifold that it shares with my Tri Meters so I can have all of the data at a glance. I take them out and clean them about every rez topoff or so to make sure everything is calibrated and maintained.

Genesis

Genesis

Yo bro, I see you got the 9 site and I'm doing an 8 site and recently built this for veg. I was thinking of you as this thing is cheap and can save you money for your 9 site. It is similar to DS's bubble tray but at a foot tall you can veg for longer without shit getting as tangled. 3x3 CCH2O pots.

IMG 0222

Active Aqua 25 gallon res (30x30x13) -

If you want more space between plants you can cop the Active Aqua 50 gallon res and that is about 40"x40"x13". These are convenient and waaayyyyyy cheaper than the CCH2O solo option which is like $500 or some crazy shit.

Air Force Pro 40
2 medium grey air stones
9 CCH2O 8" Netpots
Growstones
2" DOW foam board from hardware store (I cut squares instead of circles for the pots, it is easier to lift plant roots out)

For the light that is an Apache Tech AT200 pulling 226 watts but supposed to be equal to a 600w HPS

timmur

timmur

Hey Genesis thanks for the heads up! Take a look at the pic below for what I have set up for "pre-veg" (is that a real term?).

20160206_034658395_ios-jpg.570475

20160207_035333891_ios-jpg.570739

Maybe a week in the seedling chamber above and then I thought they'd go into the little DWC pictured above for about a week. It's got way more sites than I need, so I'm planning on using 9 of them. After that I thought they'd go into the UC. Will that work or do they need more time before dropping them into the UC? I'm gonna drop the O2 Grow emitters into that res and ditch the air stones. What do you think?

Genesis

Genesis

Recommended veg time is 2-3 weeks with expected 3-4 foot plant so I'd probably veg 18"-24" prior to flipping. You can use your flower room to veg or a little veg station so you can get more perpetual. All your choice :)

timmur

timmur

I wish I had more space cause I would use it to veg in for a more perpetual arrangement. The room is really all I have so I'll just veg in there. :cool:

Genesis

Genesis

That is fine. You have so much light and with CO2 and active hydro it won't be long till your gals can flower. If it irks you, you can always build a small veg device like I showed you to never have to wait in a perpetual setup. I'll be making a thread in a couple weeks detailing an 8 plant UC showdown between (4) 750 watt Apache Tech's vs. (4) Gavita 600/750 at the 750 watt setting to see who can put the biggest donkey dicks on this blue dream cut I got. A fair test as it is all the same cut of HSO BD and each plant will get their own light.

We are the brave souls man, brave or stupid dropping mad loot on high tech lights and being early adopters. Let us see if we are rewarded.

timmur

timmur

Sounds like a sick test! I can't wait to see the outcome.

Mad loot indeed! Sick cash on this set up. :D

timmur

timmur

Time for an update. Sorry it isn't that exciting, lol! Just waiting for the room and the Agrowtek to show up. The room arrives Wednesday and the controller will be landing about the same time.

I was bored so I cut the pipe insulation and mocked it up along with the jackets for the UC buckets. If you look at the buckets in the front you'll see my aux blue LEDs and a single mega-ray mercury vapor lamp.

IMG 0326

DapperDon

DapperDon

This looks like it will be very fun to watch. Top notch gear right there.

timmur

timmur

Thanks Dapper! I just hope the guy driving the bus doesn't cause a crash!

Genesis

Genesis

Dope Timmur, looks like your grow and my grow will probably be going on simultaneously. There will be a whole lotta tech and LED the next few months folks. I can't wait to watch you Greenbeams pump some greens Timmur! Good looks broseph.

hiiipower

hiiipower

Nice setup man, I'm excited for this. Good luck, I'm along for the ride

Latest posts

Top Bottom