Ace Malawi And Cycloptics Greenbeams: Caught In The Under Current!

• Thread starter timmur
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
timmur

timmur

Finally, the Agrowtek controller showed up! Everything except the DO sensor. :(

20160303 022431665 iOS

Genesis

Genesis

Damn DO sensors and shit... You cray. I admire you dropping mad loot to see what max efficiencies can be had and using all the latest tech. I added up your total wattage and got about 5k (4990). However the CMH's generally get higher GPW than HPS. You ever sit back and wonder about all the dough that you spend and just think...

"Wow I could have put down 8k in Gavita's, 8 plants, used some coco pots, lucas formula, no co2 and got the same weight?"

You can tell you have the passion for pushing the limits of cultivation, dropping the cash necessary to do so and aren't just in this hobby for the money. Bravo for you. It is nice to see grows like this happening.

timmur

timmur

Ha ha, yeah let's not talk about money spent, lol. It's about more than just the yield though. I don't think the gavitas will produce the quality that these Greenbeams will. In the end the quality premium is worth it to me. :cool:

Genesis

Genesis

Ha ha, yeah let's not talk about money spent, lol. It's about more than just the yield though. I don't think the gavitas will produce the quality that these Greenbeams will. In the end the quality premium is worth it to me. :cool:

Yeah I'm helping @IronLeaf harvest his HSO BD genetics. Pacific Light Concepts CX300 and a Boulderlamps CDL CMH. Both in identical conditions... Same grow, same HSO BD Cut, next to each other in RDWC with Current Culture nutes. One has a CX300 over one, the other - the Boulderlamps CDL CMH. Both look like the largest plants in the room. They have a vertical Eye Horti 1000 w in between a set of 4 there, so that added weight.

Looking forward to see the difference in quality and quantity. I'll be honest though, I can physically feel the difference of a couple pounds more with the CX300. My prediction... 1.25 Boulderlamp, 1.5 # PCL CX300

Last edited:
timmur

timmur

Gotta give props to the CX300. That light has great spectrum and kicks out some sick photon action!

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
You drew me in with talk of sativas now come on get the show on the road!!!
Just messing around.

Nice selection of genetics, I'm also a big fan of ACE and CBG seeds, truly unique and world class sativas! I'm just finishing up some Destroyer now, I have a righteous Meao Thai expression that is a real mindbender.

Here's a little Destroyer as a taste of what you'll have coming:

77 days of 84

I've run their Panama as well, terrific plant that introduced me to the experience of a narcotic sativa. Two hours of floating then crashes down hard into nap time.

Are you running seeds or have you selected your keepers already?

timmur

timmur

Hey NaturalTherapy thanks for stopping by! Complete bust as a grow log so far, lol. I'm trying to get the room done ASAP!

That is an amazing shot of destroyer! It is definitely on my hit list.

I'm starting with seeds to find my keeper. Looking for Killer Frost, aka Killer Malawi!

timmur

timmur

Still waiting for the room to arrive. It is finally being delivered on Friday. In the meantime I bought 4 more GBs to bring the light count up to 16. The new light model is posted below. Insane light levels are achievable!

Model

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Those greenbeams are some very interesting luminaires and im with genesis you cray cray,lol.I cant wait to see what you do with it.Are you going to orcafilm that room?

timmur

timmur

Yeah Orca on the walls and ceiling. Probably won't put it on the floor cause it will be mostly blocked by the UC and other equipment. If you're interested in checking out the Greenbeams in depth, head over to ICMag and look for the Greenbeam owners thread. A guy named EZ Rider has a real nice grow going in a 5 x 9 tent with 6 Greenbeams.

Genesis

Genesis

Neato, I was on the Eden site trying to find prices and couldn't find anything. One of these rooms may be a good fit if the price is right. Do you remember their quoted prices for the different sizes? Thanks bro and I look forward to seeing your grow commence.

timmur

timmur

Hey Genesis. Follow this link to get pricing for these boxes. Just plug in your zip code and it will give you local dealers' websites with prices. They are pricey, but it made sense given my circumstances. I wanted a very controlled environment with tons of expensive lighting. Doing the entire room was a bit more than I wanted to spend and using a tent wasn't a good long term option. I don't do hands on stuff as I'm not really very handy so any work that is simple for most would be stuff that I would have to contract out.

If you search around you might find a really good deal on a used box. I found quite a few on ebay. The issue is shipping the panels. You'd probably want to find a local one if possible.

DapperDon

DapperDon

Those boxes are awesome, I'm just not too keen on the low ceiling. My setup requires a 9.5' height and spent more than a few minutes trying to find a 10' tall cooler. But I run a 4 banger module setup and found that the 5' x 5' Gorilla Tent with height extensions work just perfect for now. I flip houses too much to be able to invest in a permanent setup anyway.

timmur

timmur

You can get a custom box that is taller, but I didn't have tall enough ceilings to go any higher.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Seriously a walk in cooler too?Did you just hit the lotto or something?lol.

Top Bottom