Advance Nutrient's in UC

• Thread starter MEGA956
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MEGA956

MEGA956

//I'll keep gathering information, untill I make up my mind.

//I'm kinda leaning to the DM Gold line, the price is the same
as A.N though.

F

FrostyTheGroMan

I'm kinda in the same boat as u MEGA.

I've made the big leap n decided to run with a UC, the Evo 18XL13 to be exact.

AN is all I've ever used n still continue to use... Not that I'm against using other company's nutrient line, I guess I just bought into the hype n claims that they advertise...but in their defense, I have gotten great results with their line of products... But on the other hand, I don't really have anything to compare it to hahaha.

So now that I'm gonna be running a UC, I'm concerned with everything negative that UC users are saying about AN. Ive been vegging my ladies with Sensi A&B on a 3x6 table... Would it be detrimental to my plants if I were to switch up my nutrient line once I put my girls into the UC n flip to flower? What would be the best choice for nutes to choose in my transition? Thanks in advance for any advise given!

MEGA956

MEGA956

I'm kinda in the same boat as u MEGA.

I've made the big leap n decided to run with a UC, the Evo 18XL13 to be exact.

AN is all I've ever used n still continue to use... Not that I'm against using other company's nutrient line, I guess I just bought into the hype n claims that they advertise...but in their defense, I have gotten great results with their line of products... But on the other hand, I don't really have anything to compare it to hahaha.

So now that I'm gonna be running a UC, I'm concerned with everything negative that UC users are saying about AN. Ive been vegging my ladies with Sensi A&B on a 3x6 table... Would it be detrimental to my plants if I were to switch up my nutrient line once I put my girls into the UC n flip to flower? What would be the best choice for nutes to choose in my transition? Thanks in advance for any advise given!

//I barely figured out why AN doesnt work in UC, I wish someone would of told me this from the begginig!! AN is organic, and organic doesnt work with UC, it has something to do with the high levels of oxygen in the water!

//Thats why Synthetic fertalizer is the way to go in UC! plain and simple.
I came to this conclusion after reading a post by UCMENOW in another thread here in the UC Forum, hope this helps,it helped me!

//Im getting the DM Gold for Veg and Bloom I've heard great things about add .27 so I'll get that too and Roots Excelurater and some AN bloom boosters, BigBud and Overdrive.

//Has anyone tried Bud Candy instead of using BigBud?

F

FrostyTheGroMan

//I barely figured out why AN doesnt work in UC, I wish someone would of told me this from the begginig!! AN is organic, and organic doesnt work with UC, it has something to do with the high levels of oxygen in the water!

//Thats why Synthetic fertalizer is the way to go in UC! plain and simple.
I came to this conclusion after reading a post by UCMENOW in another thread here in the UC Forum, hope this helps,it helped me!

//Im getting the DM Gold for Veg and Bloom I've heard great things about add .27 so I'll get that too and Roots Excelurater and some AN bloom boosters, BigBud and Overdrive.

//Has anyone tried Bud Candy instead of using BigBud?

Hey MEGA u got a link to that thread? Would love to read it.

I think the overall consensus is keeping it simple in the UC is the ticket. Don't get to fancy with additives n just let the system work it's magic!

Synthetic over organic for sure. I'm pretty sure Sensi A&B is synthetic, but something about AN n the UC don't mix.

I just hope that when I flip to bloom n switch up the AN nute line, that nothing too drastic will happen to my girls. Can anyone advise me about making this change? Is a good or bad idea to switch nute lines when flipping into bloom?

squarepusher

squarepusher

ACcording to their label

AN uses Urea in their products. Urea is bad for soil less systems (such as UC/DWC) so, I propose this is where the problem lies

MEGA956

MEGA956

ACcording to their label

AN uses Urea in their products. Urea is bad for soil less systems (such as UC/DWC) so, I propose this is where the problem lies

//That could be it too. Well I just know that organics DOES NOT work properly in UC. I wish someone could make a side-by-side using AN Sensi AB AN Connoisuer AB vs. DM GOLD VEG and BLOOM.

F

FrostyTheGroMan

Does anyone know if it's a bad idea for me to switch from AN's Sensi A&B grow, to another nutient line's bloom formula? I'm vegging with AN right now on a 3x6 ebb&flow table, then from there I'll be putting my girls into a UC to finish off in bloom.

I've come the conclusion that AN n UC don't mix... I'm already using AN Sensi for veg... Would it be a bad idea to switch nutes once I flip to bloom?

O

organicfreak

look into dyi nute forum in advance growing.. make your own and save 1000's$

MEGA956

MEGA956

Hey MEGA u got a link to that thread? Would love to read it.

I think the overall consensus is keeping it simple in the UC is the ticket. Don't get to fancy with additives n just let the system work it's magic!

Synthetic over organic for sure. I'm pretty sure Sensi A&B is synthetic, but something about AN n the UC don't mix.

I just hope that when I flip to bloom n switch up the AN nute line, that nothing too drastic will happen to my girls. Can anyone advise me about making this change? Is a good or bad idea to switch nute lines when flipping into bloom?

//Yeah, UCMENOW's post is in pg.21 but that thread is FULL of valuble information, I truly recommend that you try and read all of it.

//Here is the link to the thread.....

F

FrostyTheGroMan

look into dyi nute forum in advance growing.. make your own and save 1000's$

Thanks for the advise, but with the amount of money Ive spent already nutrients is the last thing I'm gonna go cheap on... I'd much rather go with a nutrient line that has a proven track record with the UC.

H&G, Canna, Dutch Master's, Ionic, are some of the nutrient companies that I've heard people raving about using in a UC... I just don't know what the best option would be to making the switch from AN grow to ??' bloom. Or should I just stick it out with the AN Bloom formula? For this first run anyway...as soon as I get my UC system for my veg room, I'm definitely changing nute lines to something that has a proven track record with UC growers.

MEGA956

MEGA956

//I'm not even going to think about it....DM Gold for veg and bloom .27 bloom, roots excelurater, BigBud, and Overdrive.

//Has anyone tried Turantula or Pihrana in UC?? I wonder if it works well in UC.

Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

//I'm not even going to think about it....DM Gold for veg and bloom .27 bloom, roots excelurater, BigBud, and Overdrive.

//Has anyone tried Turantula or Pihrana in UC?? I wonder if it works well in UC.

Dude quit trying to over complicate things. Don't fuck around with these benis in the UC. If you do use benis use aquashield, if you are running a sterile rez then run dm zone. KISS for your first run bro. If you are planning on useing roots excel then use aquashield, if you decide to do dm zone and go the sterile route then drop the roots excel.

My personal recommendation would be to use aquashield that way if you do run into problems down the road then you can always flush, clean, and sterilize but if you start with a sterile rez and you run into problems then you got no where to run.

Seems like you keep trying to reinvent the wheel bro. There have been many people before you that have fucked shit up, so why not learn from their mistakes? The above mentioned paragraph is a short version of what dozen of people have learned already. This seems to be the norm with newbs anyway I have taught a couple of people how to grow very simply in an ebb and flow and top drip system over the past year and they simply don't want to listen. I give them my proven nutrient recipe for the strains I have dialed in, and know how to feed them and they ALWAYS deviate from it. Why are people so insistant on doing stuff THEIR way, this is the wrong hobby to be proving ones independence in.

MEGA956

MEGA956

//Good info, I'm actually going to use tap water. What would I need to do differently
than if I were using RO?

//Thanks for your honesty, I will take your advice. So Aquashield and RE are a good combination?

Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

//Good info, I'm actually going to use tap water. What would I need to do differently
than if I were using RO?

//Thanks for your honesty, I will take your advice. So Aquashield and RE are a good combination?

Some tap water is good for hydro (dwc to be precise) some is bad. I would get a water sample diagnosed so you know what types of metals and minerals are in your tap. If you do decide to use tap water I would recommend Ionic because it says right on the bottle to use with tap water. When you decide to pull the trigger on the system it will come with ionic nutes anyway because thats what they recommend using with their system.

As far as using roots excel and aquashield together I haven't personally but I have seen others have success with the combo. I just use aquashield bro. Your roots are gonna grow so fast anyway when they hit the water the roots excel is a waste imho.

Top Bottom