Advanced Nutrients Grand Master Growers Bundle

• Thread starter strictlyOG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

strictlyOG

I use Flora Nova Grow 7-4-10 and Flora Nova Bloom 4-8-7 along with Advanced Nutrients organic nutrients and supplements & bloom enhancers & had astonishing results so far with og. As far as my medium goes it is Coco with 15% Perlite. The only problem is my 1 gallon bottle of both Nova series nutes are almost done and i would like to step it up a notch and go with Advanced Nutrients Grand Master Grower Level. I was wondering has anyone already tried this method before? I recently seen a great test done on this website by BayArea & he pulled a whopping 0.80gpw while only using Advanced nutrients Sensi line = Sensi grow 2 part (3.7-0-0) + (2.5-2.2-5.7) - Sensi bloom 2 part (4.3-0-3.1) + (1.5-6.1-5.7) - Sensizyme - Bud blood (0-39-25)- Carboload - Voodoo juice - Overdrive (1-5-4) - B-52 (2-1-4) - Final phase. so i went on Advanced Nutrients website & they carry quiet a few bundle packs such as_
*Hobbyist Level
*Expert Growers Level
*Professional Grower Level
*Grand Master Grower Level

would i have to go with all of these if i want to use the Grand Master Grower Level that claims yield increase advantages on average of over 47% over the Hobbyist Level. I was not worried about the price but just wanted to know if any one has had any experience with the Grand Master Grower Level and if so what would you recommend? and would this affect my ladies if a sudden switch occurs from GH to full AN? sorry for taking up to much of your time with all these ?s. thanks & all help will be much appreciated.

B

Buddy Flowers

what got you excited? the hype? nutrients alone don't produce a high yield.

S

strictlyOG

well the fact that my GH bottles are finally done and now i have a chance to switch to full AN line. and i read BayArea's document on quiet a few different lines of nutes and his results even showed that his AN line hit the highest gpw. that was what got me a bit excited i finally seen some proof and numbers.

B

Buddy Flowers

if you're that stoked on dude's yield than ask him what his temps and RH are along with ppm of CO2, water quality, genetics, # watts/ square foot.

Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

i use an sensi grow 2-part and great white in veg and in flower i use the sensi 2-part bloom with big bud to start and finish with the 2-part, b-52 and overdrive. works for me, I usually get close to 1perwatt

Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

i have tried it. works ok to onset the flowers but my overall yield was about the same and that shit is like 240 a gallon

JPLord01

JPLord01

I used AN and went to House & Garden coco A&B Im so happy. I never go over 6mils
with there food and the plants are growing very good.I use H&G coco,root exl,hygrozyme,Big Bud,overdrive,drip clean and calmag.I feed at 600 to 800 ppms for veg. Then for flower I will feed at 700 to 1100 and that it.With RO water.My veg feed is 5 mils of A and 5 mils B 1mil root exl 10 mils Hygrozyme .4mils of drip clean and 2 talbs
of calmag and this is per gl. PH is 5.7 run off is 6.5 Canna Coco pro.

M

Motherhugger

Well, that's sort of true. Yes, if you have a crappy grow room and you don't know anything about growing at all, then yes, nutrients aren't going to save you.

But since most of the folks on these boards know at least a bit about growing, we can all assume that they're not trying to grow out of their car trunk. So, nutrients will help boost their yield.

Makes sense to me, anyway.

Back to the original question.

I like the tiered system, makes me know that I have the nutrients that have been tested by Advanced Nutrients to work well together. Do I think you need to jump right to the Grand Master Growers Bundle?

You certainly don't seem like a newbie, but I personally think that you should try out a lower level first, see how it goes, and then move up if you want to see more growth. After all, if you see the results you want with a lower bundle, then why bother with anything more?

Of course, once you see good results, you might get greedy and want even more yield.....

See how one bundle works out for you and then move on up if you have the Advanced Nutrients regimen down. Personally, I stick with the Hobbyist or Expert bundles, but add in some nutrients, don't use others, etc.

It's all about experience and trying things out. The bundles are a great starting point, but there's always room for customization too.

I

IndicacannaJone

Motherhugger,

I think the thing that's deceptive about AN's tiering system is that there seems to be no rhyme or reason for the products they decided to bundle together. It's as if they randomly selected some products and decided to call it "Grand Master Grower Bundle". Then growers, such as yourself, come along and say, "Hey, I want to join the Big Mike's Grow Buddies Club and get my super decoder ring, and I CERTAINLY want to be on the Grand Master Grower Level, so I better get these products, because I know AN has my best interests at heart. They support me, and the marijuana movement."

S

strictlyOG

thanks for all the advice peeps. i went ahead with the grand master grower package. and damn! i already see a huge difference. and i was a little skeptical at first if my plants would not react right or something because i was running GH in there with only a few AN additives. but boy can i tell you it was worth every penny to switch to their whole line. even my clones came out pretty insane. lol im kinda pissed at myself for not using AN from the start.

I

indoorherbs

I think the thing that's deceptive about AN's tiering system is that there seems to be no rhyme or reason for the products they decided to bundle together.

It's been my experience that most of the time when I look at something and think "that's totally random, it makes no sense to do it that way" if I do the research to figure out why it was done that way there was perfectly good reason behind it.

Just because I can't see the reasoning doesn't mean it isn't there.

Hey, I want to join the Big Mike's Grow Buddies Club and get my super decoder ring, and I CERTAINLY want to be on the Grand Master Grower Level, so I better get these products, because I know AN has my best interests at heart. They support me, and the marijuana movement.

I hate to sound like Gordan Gekko here, but this is one of those cases where their interests and our interests work together. AN does want people to get the best possible results. Not necessarily because they're good people (but I'm not quite cynical enough to say they aren't), but because the better their customers grow, the better they retain those customers.

VERY few businesses can survive with one-off customers. Nutrient companies depend on us coming back to buy more nutes for more grows. So it's in their best interest - driven by greed or pride or whatever attribute you want to believe in - to do whatever they can to make their customers successful. Because then we'll come back to them to duplicate that success.

And yeah, they support the MJ movement. If that's not important to you... well I just can't imagine how that can be true but to each their own. Personally it royally pisses me off when companies like GH and Humboldt backpedal and try to distance themselves from their customers. People who aren't loyal to me don't inspire my loyalty in return.

I

IndicacannaJone

It's been my experience that most of the time when I look at something and think "that's totally random, it makes no sense to do it that way" if I do the research to figure out why it was done that way there was perfectly good reason behind it.

Just because I can't see the reasoning doesn't mean it isn't there.

Have you bothered to look at their bundles? Here they are, in case you haven't:

Hobbyist: Voodoo Juice, Big Bud, B-52, and Overdrive

Expert: Pirahna, Bud Candy, Final Phase

Professional: Tarantula, Nirvana, and Sensizyme

Grand Master: Bud Ignitor, Bud Factor X, and Rhino Skin

Don't see anything amiss? I don't see how anyone with even a loose understanding of the roles of these products can look at these, and not see how categorically nonsensical these are arranged.

According to this:

1) If you're just a 'hobbyist', make sure you have that B vitamin, but don't worry about beneficials until you're an 'expert' or a 'professional'.

2) You're a 'hobbyist' if you have a finishing bloom booster, but you need to be a 'Grand Master' if you have a beginning bloom booster.

3) [insert any combination of these products]

Yeah? k, let's move along...

I hate to sound like Gordan Gekko here, but this is one of those cases where their interests and our interests work together. AN does want people to get the best possible results. Not necessarily because they're good people (but I'm not quite cynical enough to say they aren't), but because the better their customers grow, the better they retain those customers. VERY few businesses can survive with one-off customers. Nutrient companies depend on us coming back to buy more nutes for more grows. So it's in their best interest - driven by greed or pride or whatever attribute you want to believe in - to do whatever they can to make their customers successful. Because then we'll come back to them to duplicate that success.

Wait, so let me get this straight... if their products work, we'll continue to buy them? Amazing.

Look, seriously, I don't think you understand the hyperbole, and nuance of my position with AN. I never claimed their products don't work. I never claimed they didn't want to retain customers, although, I do appreciate the lesson in capitalism 101.

And yeah, they support the MJ movement. If that's not important to you... well I just can't imagine how that can be true but to each their own. Personally it royally pisses me off when companies like GH and Humboldt backpedal and try to distance themselves from their customers. People who aren't loyal to me don't inspire my loyalty in return.

Wait, hold on. How can you take what I posted and turn it into either:

a) Appreciate AN's brand of movement support

or

b) You don't support the movement

Again, this is nuance. How about this:

c) I don't need to watch Remo smoking a joint on YouTube, nor do I need Big Mike to say "marijuana" instead of "plant". What I need is to not spend nearly $100 on a gallon of .86% humic acid when I could buy a gallon of 4% humic acid (not *point* four percent) for $25. That's more than 4 times more humic acid for a quarter of the cost. I'll spare you the breakdown on AN's silicate (Rhino Skin), but I think you can see where I'm going with this. And just to save myself the follow-up... yes, some products you get what you pay for. Yes, AN has certain products that are worth the price. No, I don't believe each and every product in AN's line is the best on the market, nevermind cost.

You see, there's more than one way to support the marijuana movement.

If infomercial-like marketing, gimmicks, and just general marketing-techniques that actually insult intelligence rests well with you, then I have the best humic acid you can buy - GUARANTEED!

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

I switched from AN to H/G and wil never go back. I do still use some AN additives but some of their stuff is just rediculous! $100 a litre for bud factor X which is just magnesium sulfate. I do use big bud and bud blood (powders) and bud candy is not bad. ALso I like their nirvana but voodoo is over $100 a litre and roots excellurator is better and cheaper! I think anyone with any marketing sense realizes that if a company produces a magazine as elaborate as rosebud is not doing so for free. ROsebud is a 100 pages of AN ads and believe me, the customers foot the bill one way or the other. AN makes good products but not the best value IMO.

I

indoorherbs

Have you bothered to look at their bundles? Here they are, in case you haven't:

Hobbyist: Voodoo Juice, Big Bud, B-52, and Overdrive

Expert: Pirahna, Bud Candy, Final Phase

Professional: Tarantula, Nirvana, and Sensizyme

Grand Master: Bud Ignitor, Bud Factor X, and Rhino Skin

Don't see anything amiss? I don't see how anyone with even a loose understanding of the roles of these products can look at these, and not see how categorically nonsensical these are arranged.

According to this:

1) If you're just a 'hobbyist', make sure you have that B vitamin, but don't worry about beneficials until you're an 'expert' or a 'professional'.

2) You're a 'hobbyist' if you have a finishing bloom booster, but you need to be a 'Grand Master' if you have a beginning bloom booster.

3) [insert any combination of these products]

You missed the point entirely. The point is that simply because you or I don't see a logic behind something doesn't mean it isn't there.

That said, if you've got some magically better way of dividing up the products into a better system why don't you enlighten the rest of us?

Better yet, email your suggestion to Advanced Nutrients and see if they agree with your superior analysis.

Though not.

Look, seriously, I don't think you understand the hyperbole, and nuance of my position with AN. I never claimed their products don't work. I never claimed they didn't want to retain customers, although, I do appreciate the lesson in capitalism 101.

You're welcome.

Wait, hold on. How can you take what I posted and turn it into either:

a) Appreciate AN's brand of movement support

or

b) You don't support the movement

Again, this is nuance. How about this:

c) I don't need to watch Remo smoking a joint on YouTube, nor do I need Big Mike to say "marijuana" instead of "plant". What I need is to not spend nearly $100 on a gallon of .86% humic acid when I could buy a gallon of 4% humic acid (not *point* four percent) for $25. That's more than 4 times more humic acid for a quarter of the cost. I'll spare you the breakdown on AN's silicate (Rhino Skin), but I think you can see where I'm going with this. And just to save myself the follow-up... yes, some products you get what you pay for. Yes, AN has certain products that are worth the price. No, I don't believe each and every product in AN's line is the best on the market, nevermind cost.

You see, there's more than one way to support the marijuana movement.

Perhaps, but your way and their way don't work toward the same goals.

Your way provides a specific benefit to you, the grower. Which is all fine and good for you.

Their way is working to provide equal benefit to everyone though legalization. Maybe you personally give money, time, effort, or whatever to further the goal of legalization or at least decriminalization, but the same cannot be said of every grower out there. Advanced Nutrients (and any other company that actually supports marijuana growing) cannot in good conscious leave that up to the population as a whole.

It's not responsible to say "well if we make the cheapest products we can as cheaply as we can we'll be allowing our customers to save enough money that they'll not only be able to afford, but then actually will use some of that money to do the work of fighting for legalization for us." Instead, they take the initiative and fight for what they believe in themselves.

Which is something I think is admirable.

I never said I buy everything Advanced Nutrients makes, nor did I ever say everything I buy is made by Advanced Nutrients. But I do support them because they support growers. Not by some silly notion of caring how much money I have in my pocket because honestly, if you think any company cares about that you're deluding yourself. But rather because what they think needs to happen in the government is in line with what I think needs to happen in the government.

They support legal changes that support me, because regardless of how legal or illegal it is to grow MJ where you live, it's not 100% legal because the Federal government doesn't recognize that.

EVERYONE deserves the right to grow their own and I don't care about my bottom line more than I care about my rights and the rights of others.

budboy299

budboy299

two grows ago I pulled 1.07gpw (overdried weight) off of homemade nutes. Total cost for my run in nutes and suppliments was less than 15.00

I seriously doubt my DIY nutes and suppliments are that much better than the majority of nutes out there. What I AM saying is don't get pulled into hype by anyone selling nutes. Every one of them wants your dollars and there is only so much of the pie out there to divide up.

I simply ran a large yeilding strain and had an exceptional crop that time. Now that cooler temps have arrived my yeilds dropped. Sad but true....nutes were the same, strain was the same...conditions changed. Live and learn, stupid me will get a better way to regulate the heat of the room.

Top Bottom