Advanced nutrients not being sold due to bullying?

• Thread starter testez
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
So, at 80 for 6gal and $70per gal of sensi bloom a & b = 140?
at 6-7 weeks or so, I figure Advanced base costs around 10x more than GH/JJ...

I

ibTheMan

I use Connie, i paid $130 for 2-4 liter bottles average dose is 4ML's of each A & B, when i used GH(which is still good stuff$100+ for 3 parts) i used 10ML's of micro, 15 to 20ML's, and 5 to 15 ML's of grow and average of 10+17.5+7.5=35ML's with GH and average of 4+4=8ML's and thats why AN Connie is still more cost effective and better then GH.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
1 gal of grow, 2.5 of micro & 2.5 of bloom would cost bout $130. Your right though, your using about a 1/3 of the Connie compared to your GH rates. Def cost effective, the only question is do you use any other Advanced Nutrients bottles to complete a cycle?

ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Alien Junkie and bush master
Supporter
ya i understand I dnt have a small garden by no means i have a 4k flowering room and a 1200watt flowering ten a long with a veg room I deff think you save a bunch of nutes hand watering than using a rez. but i agree some of advanced stuff is stupid high and unless you buy gallons or more your shooting your self in the foot but I honestly think it's all about the base their base nutes are the best out their and sensi bloom isn't priced bad at all infact its cheaper than canna I think or about the same price I'm gonna run a test next grow and use sensi bloom a&b and use connie like I normally do and see if their is a big difference have you ever used connia b4 baba G it realy does kick ass but I really dnt have anything to compare it to because I have ben using connie since my first grow. But I completly under stan what you guys mean like I said I dnt agree with a lot of what advanced does but the results I get are awesome I ave 9 zips per plant the last 2 grow and thy were frosty as fuck. I just dnt like when people talk shit about an and have never used them or used them right I tell you one thing I have seen a dramatic increase in tric production since i started using Bud factor X as a foliar spay at night when the lights turn off then let it soak over night so they can absorb it and use it the next day its crazy

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Hey Prodigy,

I've never used Connie b4 but have to admit I've been curious as I love to try diff things n diff rooms. U mention it's cheaper than Canna, that's good cause Canna is bucks if your doing the Bio Canna way, I used the Bio Canna and their terra lineup b4, and for Advanced as far as bases I've only used the Iguana Juice and that was before they made it so concentrated and stankier than shit!! I've had countless bad batches of Sensi Zym, have used the bub blood, emerald shaman, mother earth teas, and Heavy Harvest granular for outy and many more I can't remember of theirs. I don't hate them but I can't prove that any other nutrient company is cheaper as it depends on your usage but I can say personally after I stopped using Advanced or Canna, my nutrient cost went down. That Bud Factor X sounds like it's treating you good, I'll keep me eyes peeled for that show!

On another note, where I'm from hand watering isn't really an option for some, when running 20 or more 1k's I've never met anyone who handwaters. I'm not saying your garden is small but the larger gardens make it tough to feasibly hand water. I do agree with you about you saving nutes with hand watering.

It's fun to see people use these products, I love this plant and the many methods that can be employed to grow it, and the methods we haven't even invented yet...lol

Just might have to try a sample tray with an Advanced base, as a scientist I'd be as objective as I can be, I just can't imagine saving any money buying their additives. Do you guys that use Advanced use most of the lineup or just the bases with a couple key additives?

baba G

B

Buddy Hemphill

I did a side by side with Nutrifield, Botanicare, and AN. I was using Botanicare at the time. AN blew them out of the water.

I'm all about better and cheaper.

What is better and cheaper?

ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Alien Junkie and bush master
Supporter
I'll tell you my line up for flower and you can tell me what you think . I know canna is one of the other more expensive company's out their but its also one of the better companies from what I understand and yes the sensibloom A&B is cheaper its 75 for a gallon of A and b I believe after looking on discount advanced nutrients that is where I buy my nutes because not only are they cheaper but the give you free products with the more you spend like last time I got a 130 gram bag of big bud powder a 50 gram bag of piranha and a liter of voodoo juice and one more thing I can't remember but you also get free shipping so it's really IMOP the only way to buy advanced nutes. I bought all gallons of my nutes except for a liter of b-52 and they still gave me a gallon even though I paid for a liter it was sweet. Ok so for my line Up base is connie A&B I was using bud blood but now I'm using fox farms open sesame and they look identical same color and everything its crazy. so any way Big bud, bud candy, overdrive, mother earth tea bloom, B-52, Nirvana,liquid carboload, Bud Factor X, The original pure blend compost tea, hygrozyme, silica blast, calmag+, Humboldt honey, and general Hydro rapid start. So not a whole lot but still a pretty comprehensive feeding regiment. I use the mother earth super tea bloom and botanicare original pure blend compost eas because the original pure blend has a few things in it the MEST dnt or more of so I'll either use both together at half strength or I will just alternate one one day and then the other so see I'm not a complete AN Fan Boy, But the products I do you I belive are the most important. The only thing negitive I can say about advanced is that their totally a flower nute company as their vegg nutes are not the best out their IMOP and they could deff improve them. what I use for vegg is sensi grow a&B this stuff is really really concentrated I use it more as a additive than a base but i use sensi grow mother earth super tea grow , botanicare the original pure blend compost tea grow, silica blast, calmag+,roots organic trinity, general hydro rapid start, great white but I am switching to xtream gardening azos and mycos ,nitrozime, Hygrozyme, liquid carboload to feed my bennies and thats about it I think so tell me what you think bro?

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

I think I'm gunna give Connie a try next run.. I keep hearing how good it works.. I'll put it threw a test of my own.. If my buds can get better then Damn that would b some fire cuz my buds r great already.. But I sure would love more great buds.. I'm not a heavy feeder ether so I can make my nutes last.. Only problum is u need 2 buy AN bigger bottles 2 save money.. I only flower under a 1000 watt light so a gallon would last me a life time.. LOL

MendoCruz

MendoCruz

I've heard of sunlight supply & hydrofarm saying if you carry AN we won't sell to you....might be part of it...

This is false. I work a hydro company, I speak with the reps on a regular basis, neither sunlight nor HydroFarm have ever threated to rovoke our accounts due to our stores selling A.N. products.

Onespark

Onespark

I am not suprised. AN is full of it. The whole approach is slimy. Still, they have some good products. I use the Sensi A&B because it kicks butt. It PH's itself and holds PH in hydro systems very well. Flushes out nice and makes great tasting flowers. Canna would be my other choice. They will only let certain shops sell based on area so they are the opposite of the new AN model. AN has some of the silliest crap I have ever seen (cotton candy?) but some of it works just as well as advertised. I have no loyalty but after running GH and HG I would travel far and wide for the sensi bloom base nutrients. The bud blood was really good but it is replaced with big bud. Big Bud treats me really well too. It's weird because I have not noticed any AN products vanishing and I hit a few stores in the US.

Thanks MendoCruz

T

testez

this would seem odd to me also because from what i have seen GH never even replies to the drama that an puts out about them constantly.

ogplatinum

ogplatinum

I know this thread isnt about GH, but i'll never buy their products either. I use the GO CalMag, but thats before something happened at their vendor expo day that I wasn't to fond of.

All the guys who were supposed to be marketing their product to the men AND women standing around were instead taking cell phone pics of this hot chick who had NO clue about hydroponics or growing at all, and proceeding to get her to wear GH shirts and take pics for their blog..

Are you fucking kidding me? I just left, after standing around for 20 mins i figured it wasn't worth the samples or information.

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

That would suck 2 wait there standing around.. But I can't really blame them.. I would of did the same thing I can't resist checkin out the hot chicks.. U should of been takin some flicks 2. I sure would of been snapping some flicks of the hot chicks

H

H3AD_CAS3

I know this thread isnt about GH, but i'll never buy their products either. I use the GO CalMag, but thats before something happened at their vendor expo day that I wasn't to fond of.

All the guys who were supposed to be marketing their product to the men AND women standing around were instead taking cell phone pics of this hot chick who had NO clue about hydroponics or growing at all, and proceeding to get her to wear GH shirts and take pics for their blog..

Are you fucking kidding me? I just left, after standing around for 20 mins i figured it wasn't worth the samples or information.

Why waste time talking to the dudes. Snag some samples take them home, find out what you like on your own and stop wasting your time BS'n with reps. The trade shows are all about getting as much schwag as you can, while taking a couple breaks to grab a drink or toke and in between looking at the eye candy.

ogplatinum

ogplatinum

That would suck 2 wait there standing around.. But I can't really blame them.. I would of did the same thing I can't resist checkin out the hot chicks.. U should of been takin some flicks 2. I sure would of been snapping some flicks of the hot chicks

Good idea with my woman standin right next to me! Doh! :mad0233:

And I didnt need any of their schwag, no room in my nute box! Haha the Roots Organics/Aurora guys hooked it up too fat, im set for a bit. :banana1sv6:

H

H3AD_CAS3

their GO boxes are dope additives for a completely organic Tea. Diamond black is prob the most solid part of the nute box, and the rest is decent.

I usually hookup the homies with whatever extras I snag at these events. Sometimes I'll trade for cuts or flowers. So def nothing goes to waste.

I

ibTheMan

1 gal of grow, 2.5 of micro & 2.5 of bloom would cost bout $130. Your right though, your using about a 1/3 of the Connie compared to your GH rates. Def cost effective, the only question is do you use any other Advanced Nutrients bottles to complete a cycle?

I use Bud Ignitor, and Big Bud, and OverDrive(but very little.
But i also do an Organic switch 2 weeks before flush, i use AN Super Tea, Nirvana, and B'Cuzz flavor, the whole system works well.

I was not a fan of AN either, but i tried it and liked want happened so i started usen it full time.

AN mite be shady Ass Holes but there Ferts are real good.

Illmind

Illmind

ok. so...... this has been a long time coming. it all started when the main supplier i believe it were hydrofarm told store owners if they stock an they will not supply them. sooooo being an didn't make anything but nutes at the time many shop owners caved claiming it brings heat and blah blah. so wtf can u do without equip supplier they got us by the nuts. but what really happened is the real powerhouse in the game didn't like the competition. so basically choice was stock just an or have a whole store. at this point an decided fuck that underhanded shit, since u wanna play like that i'm gonna jump into the equipment aspect then and shut em down. long story short.

green punk

green punk

Do whatever makes you feel good about your garden. If spending a bunch of money on hyped additives and fancy labels is your thing then do it.
But really it boils down to producing a efficient crop. Some of you are using so many additives its hard to say what works and what doesn't.

I personally think AN is a joke. Many of their products have large amounts of barley malt and blackstrap molasses, which can be picked up at a good feed store for about 5 or 6 bucks per gallon. Add some guano, kelp and a drop or two of Super thrive to your desired mix and you have a solid tea that will out perform that Canadian shit.
I know dude who spent around 600 bucks for the base and some of their bells and whistles for a grow that produced around 3#. And the strains all had a very similar flavor and smell, especially after being bagged up for a bit. Actually can say the same for the PureBlend line, the product leaves a very distinct flavor and smell on the finished product.

I have tested HG Roots excel, and GH Rapid Start. Neither of them were magic. The control with just super thrive produced the same root mass. It seems like GH saw everyone buying the shit out of Roots excel and went after that segment of the market with the Rapid start.

IMO Fox Farm and GH, GO, Age Old organics, tend to let the plants have the signature aroma and flavor that comes from nature.

What ever. Buy the hype. Its all marketing folks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom